Quantcast

Spider-Man: Homecoming star Tom Holland hits back Kirsten Dunst's criticisms of the reboot

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
The old Spidey movie were super corny , James Franco one of the most overrated actors in Hollywood every performance has been wooden and stiff , Toby had none of Peter Parkers cockiness and sense of humor he played him as if he was some emo , dork love sick puppy , and Kristen Dunst has always been a pasty face bore , don't see how her or Maggy Gyllenhall were ever considered for roles that required men to act like they were attracted to them

DeFoe was great as the Goblin but he's nowhere close to Keaton as an overall actor , the young lady playing MJ was decent but hey she's pretty and likeable which is a start from the original trio

I pretty much agree with this. The first ones were okay (didn't even bother watching the third one). But hey it's a trigger to start a comic book movie IMHO. Didn't bother with the second version yet (will have to check it out I suppose)...you know the one with Andrew Garfield. The third one I like it...I felt Tom was Spiderman, just the younger version.

In any case, I've read comics for a long time, to me they have so many different deviations of Spiderman... (Amazing SM, Astounding SM, SM 2099, etc..) I think it's fine they have three different versions of it with three different people playing three different Peter Parkers. Not to mention there is a new spiderman in comics who's Miles Morales. :emoji_shrug: it's not a big deal to me. So this new one, where he's a kid (oh boo hoo, the movie is juvenile...and? it's supposed to be since everyone around him are teens w/the exception of the adults in his life), it's fantastic. He's a wide-eyed innocent kid with super powers and exploring what he can do. It's refreshing.

What's a big deal for me is if Marvel have rights back to their characters. That's pretty much it. Their movies have been way better than Fox (see Xmen, Fantastic Four...Deadpool and Logan they learned better from that). Cmon Fox, jump into the Marvel bandwagon and give it back lol.

Green Light

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,679 1,025 754
Alleybux
I really like tom , he seems to be such a sweetheart. I happy to see a Spider-Man film that shows real diversity of NYC doing well

Reaction score
Reactions
2,337 46 3
Alleybux
It's not even the same production company, so it's not like it's literally the same people making the movie over and over.

The newest Spiderman movie was definitely the most accurate portrayal of Spiderman. Obviously there's gonna be juvenile and awkward parts. They're teenagers, not grown adults. Homecoming was obviously them setting Peter up to grow into a good superhero. I liked the movie ‍♀️.

Also, is Kirsten Dunst aware of the fact that her bad acting was the weakest component of literally ALL of the Spidey movies?

Anyway, Tom handled that question well, imo.

Nebulous

if it isn't edible I'll still find good use for it
Reaction score
Reactions
85,516 1,964 507
Alleybux
Hopefully we can simply continue now with the rest of his adventurous life. No more remake because Marvel holds the rights again. It onwards from now on!