Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,653 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
Lee-Family-Credit_-Hollywood-Foreign-Press-Association.jpg

Image Group LA

Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee’s children, Satchel and Jackson, have been named the 2021 Golden Globe ambassadors by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
Spike Lee's Kids Satchel and Jackson Named Golden Globe Ambassadors - Variety
The news was announced at a virtual event by last year’s Golden Globe ambassadors, Dylan and Paris Brosnan. Jackson Lee is the first Black man and the two are the first siblings of color to serve as ambassadors.

“We’re proud to welcome Satchel and Jackson Lee to an incredible roster of previous Golden Globe ambassadors,” HFPA President Ali Sar said in a statement. “Akin to their esteemed filmmaker father known for his uncompromising and provocative storytelling, Satchel and Jackson have already begun to blaze their own paths in the arts. We are honored to see how they’ll use this platform to elevate the important issues of LGBTQIA+ health and youth mentorship.”

Satchel Lee, who was the creative director of intersectional and queer magazine Drøme, chose Callen-Lorde as the charity she will support through the Golden Globe ambassador role. The primary care center helps LGBTQ+ people in New York. Jackson Lee, who designed Nike’s Jordan Mars 270 shoe, chose Big Brothers Big Sisters.

“We’re proud to carry our father’s legacy of storytelling to bring attention to communities close to our hearts,” Satchel Lee said. “This year has illuminated just how disproportionately Black and Brown people and the LGBTQ+ communities are affected by pre-existing conditions, so it’s an honor for me to be able to shine a spotlight on the heroic doctors and nurses at Callen-Lorde who work tirelessly to care for some of the most vulnerable people in New York City.”

Each charity chosen by the Lee siblings will receive a $25,000 grant from the HFPA.

“Having my dad as a mentor inspired me to choose Big Brothers Big Sisters, a charity built upon the foundation that forming positive, intergenerational relationships can have a profound impact on young lives,” Jackson Lee said. “As a visionary creative, my dad taught Satchel and me the importance of entertainment as a cultural catalyst of change.”

Each year’s ambassadors are chosen by members of the HFPA, and are typically the children of Golden Globes winners or other industry members. Past ambassadors include Isan Elba, Simone Garcia Johnson, Corinne Foxx, Greer Grammer, Sosie Bacon, Francesca Eastwood, Sam Fox, Rainey Qualley, Gia Mantegna, Rumer Willis, Laura Dern, Joely Fisher, Melanie Griffith, Freddie Prinze Jr., and Mavis Spencer.

The 78th annual Golden Globe Awards ceremony takes place on Feb. 28 at 8 p.m. ET, with hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler returning to lead the proceedings.

The HFPA has not announced the format of the show, which was postponed from its original Jan. 5 date due to the pandemic.
Spike(whom I met at the NAACP Awards & was a pleasure) has raised two bright, artistic, attractive offspring that he should be proud of.

chunlii

pu$$y worth a benz truck
Reaction score
Reactions
21,216 125 127
Alleybux
satchel as in a purse ?

edit: apparently she's named after a baseball player lol. still a ugly name

Last edited:

BaybeK8s

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,388 62 10
Alleybux
satchel as in a purse ?
No. As in the baseball player.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satchel_Paige
Leroy Robert "Satchel" Paige (July 7, 1906 – June 8, 1982) was an American professional baseball pitcher who played in Negro league baseball and Major League Baseball (MLB). His career spanned five decades and culminated with his induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

Kenyata_1961

Continuing to enjoy retirement.
Reaction score
Reactions
47,749 4,431 738
Alleybux
satchel as in a purse ?

His daughter's name is Satchel, as in Satchel Paige who was a professonal baseball pitcher who played in the Negro Leagues. This guy was so good, that he somehow managed to play 50 years worth of baseball. Unfortunately, he got into the major leagues to play with the Cleveland Indians (Not their name any longer) when he was WELL past his prime, yet he was still a very good pitcher even though older.
66610300_2357984650915069_4311773743547416576_n.jpg

Last edited:

chunlii

pu$$y worth a benz truck
Reaction score
Reactions
21,216 125 127
Alleybux
Until now, I had no idea Satchel was a girl. I thought it was a son named after Satchel Paige.
when i read the names i figured satchel was the girl, but it looks like she was named after the baseball player

chunlii

pu$$y worth a benz truck
Reaction score
Reactions
21,216 125 127
Alleybux
His daughter's name is Satchel, as in Satchel Paige who was a professonal baseball pitcher who played in the Negro Leagues. This guy was so good, that he somehow managed to play 50 years worth of baseball. Unfortunately, he got into the major leagues to play with the Cleveland Indians (Not their name any longer) when he was WELL past his prime, yet he was still a very good pitcher even though older.
66610300_2357984650915069_4311773743547416576_n.jpg

---
Most likely he is named after Satchel Paige, the great baseball hall of famer from the Negro League. His full name was Leroy Robert "Satchel" Paige.

As in Satchel Paige the baseball player.
No. As in the baseball player.
Leroy Robert "Satchel" Paige (July 7, 1906 – June 8, 1982) was an American professional baseball pitcher who played in Negro league baseball and Major League Baseball (MLB). His career spanned five decades and culminated with his induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

i don't know sh!t about sports lol but thanks everyone. still a weird name

GigiLaMoore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
149,259 1,874 1,040
Alleybux
satchel as in a purse ?

edit: apparently she's named after a baseball player lol. still a ugly name

It becomes a better name to me because of who Spike honored by giving her that name. My niece named her daughter, Mary Katherine and I hated it until she said she was honoring the women from "Hidden Figures".

Rere84

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
581,030 19,675 2,219
Alleybux
I think "Paige" is a cute name for a girl and he still would have been honoring the baseball great.

They've grown up so fast and are nice looking kids

chunlii

pu$$y worth a benz truck
Reaction score
Reactions
21,216 125 127
Alleybux
It becomes a better name to me because of who Spike honored by giving her that name. My niece named her daughter, Mary Katherine and I hated it until she said she was honoring the women from "Hidden Figures".
yeah it sounded cuter when i got the explanation. but why not name the boy that? i will never get celebrities lol

GigiLaMoore

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
149,259 1,874 1,040
Alleybux
yeah it sounded cuter when i got the explanation. but why not name the boy that? i will never get celebrities lol

Well, out of celebrity names, they aren't the worse and at least there is a meaning. Unlike that Jason Lee guy who named his son Pilot Inspektor.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom