Quantcast

Spin off: How are black women privileged over black men

Moionfire

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,272 202 177
Alleybux
This is a spin off thread. For those that think black women are privileged over black men, could you give examples. This is directed towards everyone, but I want to hear from men.

superfreakin

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
230 20 77
Alleybux
- Job hiring and retention.

- Justice system and the courts.

- Overall discrimination across their life.

- Less straight negative social media influencing them.

- No feeling of "emasculation" and "worthlessness" like black men feel

NZURI

Delete Account
Reaction score
Reactions
257,693 8,171 8,001
Alleybux

You gotta do better because you know damn well all of that applies to us, except instead of being emasculated we are masculinized.

superfreakin

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
230 20 77
Alleybux
You gotta do better because you know damn well all of that applies to us, except instead of being emasculated we are masculinized.

All of the above applies to black women less than black men, which is why it is a privilege.

Also, emasculation and worthlessness pushes black men because it twists them more.

Azuraaa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,441 2,656 1,331
Alleybux
I'm telling ya, you can spot these black men who do not date black women from a mile off.
There is no love, just a lot of jealousy that women have it easier in spite of their clear male privilege.

Males moaning about misandry need to take a seat too lol

hatechall

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
604 77 437
Alleybux
I wouldn't call it a privilege but black women can more easily find employment than black men. Unemployed or underemployed black women have a bigger social safety net than black men, at least here in the U.S.

superfreakin

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
230 20 77
Alleybux
I wouldn't call it a privilege but black women can more easily find employment than black men. Unemployed or underemployed black women have a bigger social safety net than black men, at least here in the U.S.

Forgot about that: bigger social safety net

baddawg

Will!!
Reaction score
Reactions
9,530 322 171
Alleybux
I got nothin'....

3pqzev.jpg

LuvEvrLasting

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
5,203 145 36
Alleybux
we get blamed for everything.

Who wouldn't love to be powerful enough to affect the lives of millions all across the world!

:disdain:

baddawg

Will!!
Reaction score
Reactions
9,530 322 171
Alleybux
Bruh, give it up. Black women have to fight male privilege AND white privilege. How many men are discriminated against because of their xes?
Do you have any data or evidence to support your claims?
You sound like a meninist. Read up a bit on male privilege and get back to us.

All of the above applies to black women less than black men, which is why it is a privilege.

Also, emasculation and worthlessness pushes black men because it twists them more.

baddawg

Will!!
Reaction score
Reactions
9,530 322 171
Alleybux

That's because they are better educated.
And the social safety net only works to their advantage if they have kids, that some man won't support. Plus, they get the stigma of being welfare queens. Doesn't really sound like a privilege to me...

superfreakin

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
230 20 77
Alleybux
Bruh, give it up. Black women have to fight male privilege AND white privilege. How many men are discriminated against because of their xes?

Black men fight discrimination because of their gender and race too, if the police blotters aren't evidence enough. And yeah, I have evidence. I have more evidence than the posters in here have evidence black women are discriminated against more than men. For example:

1) Black males report more racial discrimination than females.

2) Experiments testing white bias' in discrimination finds that whites are more likely to try to screw black men versus women.

baddawg

Will!!
Reaction score
Reactions
9,530 322 171
Alleybux
Black men fight discrimination because of their gender and race too, if the police blotters aren't evidence enough. And yeah, I have evidence. I have more evidence than the posters in here have evidence black women are discriminated against more than men. For example:

1) Black males report more racial discrimination than females.

2) Experiments testing white bias' in discrimination finds that whites are more likely to try to screw black men versus women.

That is not privilege. Black women have to go through those things too. How much of a difference? I bet the difference is not enough to call it privilege. And if your data is true, why are black men still paid more than black women?

LaDela

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,830 1,511 938
Alleybux
Some of y'all act like you have never heard of or have even met black women. The ignorance is astounding in this day and age. Black women have absolutely no privilege. What we do have is the desire to survive and prosper, despite being the most vulnerable group, as best we can. We set our own trends and we garner attention for just being us. We have never been made to feel that we are the default of greatness and beauty. We work for ours. Some of these men/children don't have a clue, and that is scary.

Tabitha

Ce cote de paradis
Reaction score
Reactions
68,938 4,287 4,468
Alleybux
Some of y'all act like you have never heard of or have even met black women. The ignorance is astounding in this day and age. Black women have absolutely no privilege. What we do have is the desire to survive and prosper, despite being the most vulnerable group, as best we can. We set our own trends and we garner attention for just being us. We have never been made to feel that we are the default of greatness and beauty. We work for ours. Some of these men/children don't have a clue, and that is scary.

Yas!!! Just because by virtue of everything you said, we make it look easy and effortless does not equate to privilege.

Shells

6god
Reaction score
Reactions
23,908 67 26
Alleybux

None. Thank you for being truthful about it. It's rare to see a bm admit it.

AlBundy

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
154 8 58
Alleybux
What about the fact that black males are much more likely to be the target of racist violence BECAUSE they are both black and male, you stupid son-of-a-bytch?

Latoya Jackson

"hoe/creative"
Reaction score
Reactions
101,057 1,873 490
Alleybux
Black males feeling emasculated by black women was created by white men to indoctrinate black males into war or other "manly" counterproductive things.

fitpudd

Don't Play With Me
Reaction score
Reactions
49,040 1,078 607
Alleybux

All of this!!!!!

baddawg

Will!!
Reaction score
Reactions
9,530 322 171
Alleybux
What about the fact that black males are much more likely to be the target of racist violence BECAUSE they are both black and male, you stupid son-of-a-bytch?

You just don't get it, do you Al?
Tell you what, go look up statistics on the number and percentage of black women that have been raped compared to men.
Also, who is attacking males, other men? That's not sexist. I bet you there are far more women that have been attacked by men than the reverse.
Stop being a misogynist/meninist!!

AlBundy

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
154 8 58
Alleybux
You just don't get it, do you Al?
Tell you what, go look up statistics on the number and percentage of black women that have been raped compared to men.
Also, who is attacking males, other men? That's not sexist. I bet you there are far more women that have been attacked by men than the reverse.
Stop being a misogynist/meninist!!
camby.png
with this pu$$y-praising mangina shyt.

ShadyHeaux

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,678 1,736 925
Alleybux
That's because they are better educated.
And the social safety net only works to their advantage if they have kids, that some man won't support. Plus, they get the stigma of being welfare queens. Doesn't really sound like a privilege to me...

Exactly. Black men who have the same education as BW will get paid more at the same job. So BM actually are privileged in that aspect, if they are educated.

ETA: Here are some charts that illustrate intersectionality and hierarchy related to race and gender...
tumblr_lzsxnbTo9G1rpxac8o1_500.jpg

fig3.gif

Caliboy

Caliboy
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
378 22 32
Alleybux
Stop with the black men vs black women thing well never know the facts. Black women have to deal with sexism and racism

MeMyselfAnd...

pooper scooper
Reaction score
Reactions
539 63 114
Alleybux

1. Its true some companies hire us more but is that our fault? and more bw are qualified for certain jobs. If black women don't work how will we survive when many don't even have a man?

2. Many bw receive harsher jail time in comparison to non bw..also we dont commit as many crimes as black men

3. WHAT ??!! In 2015 people are more nicer to black men than us...ive experienced racism more than once.. bm never seem to think non bw have never been racist towards us or even the me. Sometimes. ..also many bw are paid less on the job compared to ww

4. WE CONTINUE to have negative stereotypes about us in the media and worst of all many of it is coming from black men..they want everyone to dislike us as much as some of them do and whats sad is many people join in with them

5. That satement is such bs i cant even respond to it ...we have been portrayed an inhuman violent manly women..many do feel worthless and majority of this feeling was from black men making us feel like we could never be good enough...not even good enough to marry/oow babies... i get the message im worthless evertime i have to see some of our best men never with one of us ...that despite bw in america achieving the most and influencing american culture a e are still shyted on

Ps ..I have been followed in stores.. ive been called a n#igger..ive been made to feel unwelcomed some places

MeMyselfAnd...

pooper scooper
Reaction score
Reactions
539 63 114
Alleybux
Also bm should stop with the comparison. .it looks like a child saying "but she got to..." attack the one in charge who you feel is the problem and start creating your own jobs like the arab latin and asiqn man because nobody is going to rescue you from white male dominance not in this country...sooooopooo many bw taking care of their men shtyt makes me wanna cry and their men still fuycking around on them while she at work

LuvEvrLasting

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
5,203 145 36
Alleybux
1. Its true some companies hire us more but is that our fault? and more bw are qualified for certain jobs. If black women don't work how will we survive when many don't even have a man?

That should be changed to: If black women don't work how will they survive when even their men can't support them financially!!

:disdain: :disdain:

Majority of two-parent households in this country require two incomes to afford the basic necessities.
========================

Most of the work that is done these days only requires a computer and an office desk/chair. In days past, many men were able to support their families by having industrial jobs. So, if a man is seeking physical work and does not want to be at a desk 8-9hrs a day every week. Then he will need to get creative and figure out a way to make income.

MeMyselfAnd...

pooper scooper
Reaction score
Reactions
539 63 114
Alleybux
MI
That should be changed to: If black women don't work how will they survive when even their men can't support them financially!!

:disdain: :disdain:

Majority of two-parent households in this country require two incomes to afford the basic necessities.
========================

Most of the work that is done these days only requires a computer and an office desk/chair. In days past, many men were able to support their families by having industrial jobs. So, if a man is seeking physical work and does not want to be at a desk 8-9hrs a day every week. Then he will need to get creative and figure out a way to make income.
Ooooo so true
50% of our men are discriminated against 50% are lazy ... it's just the truth. ... One guy i know wasnt doing shyt with the skills he had for some bs profession that doesn't even make money...i went on Craigslist and sent him a list of about 10 companies and people looking for someone to do what he did..now why couldn't his lazy azz do what i did in 10 mins..he wasn't even looking..and some i know with records dknt want to learn a trade or work construction. .everyday online there are men asking for help doing labkr jobs that pay...i want to feel sorry for them but a lot are lazy and its unattractive

baddawg

Will!!
Reaction score
Reactions
9,530 322 171
Alleybux
camby.png
with this pu$$y-praising mangina shyt.

Who hurt you, son? Why do you hate women so much? I offered facts to you.
So you don't like it when someone offers facts that support a feminist stance. Why are you on a predominantly female site in a feminist thread arguing about some meninist bullisht? All you can do is call names, you have no facts or logical arguments to make. That means that I have hit a nerve and that somewhere deep in that immature subconscious mind of yours, you know that I am right. Why don't you go back to one of your man-loving sites where you "men" can coddle one another and whine about how these mean old feminists are hurting your feels. I'm not even angry, I sincerely pity you. Maybe one day you will grow up and your eyes will be opened. I'll pray for you, brother.

Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
It's not a privilege to have Jim Crow laws affect and effect your people for many generations. This was set up to allow black women to seemingly have the upper hand in society to break up black families. If the can't obtain good income, in jail all the time, and the list goes on while the black women is "making", then what happens to the black family. There isn't one. A trick played on the minds of blacks by Jim Crow laws.

AlBundy

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
154 8 58
Alleybux
Who hurt you, son? Why do you hate women so much? I offered facts to you.
So you don't like it when someone offers facts that support a feminist stance. Why are you on a predominantly female site in a feminist thread arguing about some meninist bullisht? All you can do is call names, you have no facts or logical arguments to make. That means that I have hit a nerve and that somewhere deep in that immature subconscious mind of yours, you know that I am right. Why don't you go back to one of your man-loving sites where you "men" can coddle one another and whine about how these mean old feminists are hurting your feels. I'm not even angry, I sincerely pity you. Maybe one day you will grow up and your eyes will be opened. I'll pray for you, brother.
Pray for a pair of balls, h0mo.
umad.png

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,597 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
I'm one of the veeeeeeeeeery few black women on LSA who feel black women have it easier/better than black males, mainly when it comes to sh!t like law enforcement and public perception (i.e. I can walk past someone and they won't feel I'll rape or rob them), less likely to die at the hands of anyone, less likely to do time, better job opportunities (well, employment rates), more opportunities for upward mobility (even through marriage), etc. but I don't type much in these types of threads because I don't have a "woe is me" mindset and I'm generally opposed. Other black women feel they're on the bottom and that being a black woman has no perks/privileges; I happen to disagree and you will NEVER hear me doing anything CLOSE to disparaging myself or my life because I'm a black woman. Admitting that blacks don't have it as easy as non-blacks in general, and/or that women don't have it as easy as males in general doesn't automatically translate into: all black women have it worse than all black males. It doesn't even translate into: all black women have it worse than all people who aren't black women. You can find people with problems, sh!tty lives, who made poor decisions, who have been victims of whatever, etc. in all demographics.

But...misery loves company; to state you're simply NOT miserable in your skin and love being who you are makes some people upset because you don't have the issues they do. Other black women may feel a certain way, but while I do acknowledge their feelings have validity, and hey, they have to call it as they've experienced life and I can't say how they do or don't perceive their lives, I'm not obligated to feel the way they do. I only get one life, and I'll be damned if I spend it trying to convince myself of the fact that I'm worse off than anyone else. fµck that.

I mean, I wouldn't be a black male if you paid me. You could literally say in my next lifetime I'll come back a fµck!ng multi-millionaire and be a black male, and I'd be like, "Nah. I'll just chill down to the graveyard until y'all can undead me and offer me a black woman multi-millionaire package." I like being black. I LOVE being a woman. Period.

:dunno:

But...these types of threads are always weird AF to me. It's like fonts are literally FIGHTING to be able to claim they're more of a victim than anyone else. Is that not weird to anyone else? Were some folks just not hugged as kids? Were they not given positive reinforcement as kids and told they were just as good as/better than anyone else and could literally accomplish whatever they set out to be? That they have more control over their lives than outside influences?

Weird, man...weird.

Rhymes

AlwaysProgressive
Reaction score
Reactions
968 37 80
Alleybux
Black women have to deal with racism and sexism and experience dangerous situations way more than black men thanks to male predators so they are not more privileged.

Yet I think this is stupid because we shouldnt compete with who has it worse.

Black men and women need to be a team not a competition.

AlBundy

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
154 8 58
Alleybux
Pray for some wisdom, son. I'm pretty sure most gay men are born with balls. Don't they cover xes ed in 9th grade, or have you made it that far?
So you are a h0m0. Makes perfect sense.

AlBundy

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
154 8 58
Alleybux
Yes, I am a cis-gendered male hetero HOMOsapien. If I were gay, would it make more sense to you??
Cis-gendered?
mjlol.png

Okay, anybody who uses that term is on some radical feminist pro-!!!!!! shyt. You make total sense now.

Aristogeiton

Yo soy cansado
Reaction score
Reactions
5,164 255 313
Alleybux
Black women have no privilege over Black men.
The only marginal benefit is that they are sometimes chosen for jobs because they act as a "dual-minority" (woman and POC).
This is the answer.

ILLNaNa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,649 2,121 2,353
Alleybux
In my knowledge of the social and cultural stigmas of black women...American society sees black women as more dutiful, caring, and obedient. This gives us the privilege as generally being seen as more responsible so we get better and more plentiful employment opportunities. They almost treat us like guard dogs because we are known for loyalty and fierceness. Double edged sword. Just my observation y'all.