Quantcast

Spin-Off: "Spicy" White is Misleading - They are WHITE People

Freyja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,326 2,659 598
Alleybux
I don't really think the term people of color should be used at all. It diminishes the role, influence, uniqueness and power of black people and their special status as the founders, builders and creators of America, Americana and American culture and justice.

Just because they are not black doesn't instantly make them white either. I don't use the term spicy white because calling those ethnic non-whites, non-black, people white fulfills their dream.

Calling Iranians white and other types of Asians and latinos who are all mixed ethnicity people, white is like calling biracial black/white spicy white (on average they are probably more genetically white and many are white passing too).

I've encountered similar views from whites who don't know any blacks, when I would say I'm the only black person here, they'd literally point to any dark skin Iranian or Indian and say they are black, but look they are darker than you!

main-qimg-e9180115b7f63eed5067de6ef3490095

main-qimg-469b1cddb53b0b1c3ce04db5c76aa344

8286997755_a0ced565b4_b.jpg

main-qimg-df4bb52a71154db1728d22016eb6de0e

78122196-bandar-abbas-hormozgan-province-iran-16-april-2017-several-workers-bazaar-sit-on-platforms-wheelbarr.jpg

I can't see the average white person looking at a group of people, many who are darker than blacks seriously thinking they are white. Several Iranians I went to school with were darker than blacks in the school. Only they think they are white, but from what I saw whites viewed them as not white and were hostile towards them.

I've seen people on LSA talk about how people from Arab countries (in West Asia/North Africa) are "spicy white" and I know "technically" the US census considers them that (to boost up the declining white population in USA), but a lot of white people I know and have seen don't consider those people to be "white". After all, "white" is generally a term applied to people of full/predominant European ancestry.

Now beyond that, I too don't like the term "POC" being some catch term for all non white people because many of them are racist AF to blacks, and would do anything for white acceptance.

EDIT: Why the skeptical @CarmenBella?

Last edited:

trucompassion86

quarantiniana
Reaction score
Reactions
4,822 19 4
Alleybux
What does that have to do with this topic? And most people know that. And most of those slaves who were shipped to the Carribean/South America died within 5 to 10 years of landing from being worked to death.

So I never understand why people think they are really saying something when they say most ships came to the carribean or south america. WE know. That woman in the OP is MExican and not black at all.

can you calm down?

im saying a lot of people in these countries really don't know what they are and its dangerous to cut a line saying if youre not outrageously dark skinned/beyond a doubt black well then you're spicy white which means youre just white. when that simply isn't true. being native is not white--its literally a different race group. a lot of caribbeans only connection to whiteness is through distant colonialism--not cultural. itd be rough to call somebody whos brown and practices santeria or candomble "spicy white" or just white simply because they arent dark.

these over-simplifications are dangerous is all im saying. i said what i said about slave ships because my point is exactly that--people are mixed race. Generations of mixing. Just like here in America. There are 5 races of human. Only ONE of those is white.

Last edited:

spoiledwater

Proud Elder Millennial
Reaction score
Reactions
539,547 16,179 6,462
Alleybux
Spicy white makes it pretty clear what you are referring to.

White Latinos, dark white people from Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc. people like Halysey who are 1/4th black and 3/4th white, are spicy white.

Spicy white is exactly what it says, and puts the onus on white people to claim their own, regardless of coloring or features.

Iced tea

Every thumbs down I get gives me an orgasm
Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
You're right. And I'm also tired of our folk confusing hispanic whites for a different race.

Iced tea

Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
White people come in only one flavor...****

LSA still won't let us use the white spreadable condiment to describe our clear brethren, eh?
I thought you said something way worse than the condiment. Starts with s ends with hit.

Iced tea

Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
It is because white people (American whites) dont view them as white really. They are white but with a qualifier "hispanic white". It is white, but American whites make sure to put that distinction because they consider themselves pure and Hispanic whites ----even if they look like spaniards ----might have something in their blood that is non-white, and traditionally being white in the US meant you were purely white western european.
You understand there is barely a difference right? I live in Miami surrounded by white Hispanics, they're just white over here.

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,792 19,021 12,528
Alleybux
a few people saying people from caribbean countries are spicy white, hell no.

can you calm down?

im saying a lot of people in these countries really don't know what they are and its dangerous to cut a line saying if youre not outrageously dark skinned/beyond a doubt black well then you're spicy white which means youre just white. when that simply isn't true. being native is not white--its literally a different race group. a lot of caribbeans only connection to whiteness is through distant colonialism--not cultural. itd be rough to call somebody whos brown and practices santeria or candomble "spicy white" or just white simply because they arent dark.

these over-simplifications are dangerous is all im saying. i said what i said about slave ships because my point is exactly that--people are mixed race. Generations of mixing. Just like here in America. There are 5 races of human. Only ONE of those is white.

How about you calm down.

I guarantee you the Mexican newsreporter in the original story considers herself white.

A lot of spanish carribeans also consider themselves white. White doesn't have to mean you are 100% european, just like being black doesn't have to mean you are 100% african. So no it is not dangerous. And some of these carribean latinos practicing santeria are WHITE.

There was a story someone posted on here that like 80% of puerto ricans consider themsleves white (and yes that includes the people we look at and think they look mixed, well those same people consider themselves white).

The only thing that is antiquated is the American white notion that someone isn't white unless they are 100% from a western european country.

Freyja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,326 2,659 598
Alleybux
No such thing as a white person really.

Even the term caucasian is sketchy. The term is used by some scientists to describe people from global ethnic groups who have similar skeletal structure; Horners are sometimes included in that group.

If you're going by the literal definition of caucasian then it's just referring to the Caucus Mountains that stretch from Europe to Asia and was thought by white scientists to be the origin of modern humans.

There really is no biological "race," just different and distinct ethnic groups across different regions worldwide.

I would disregard the concept completely if not for the fact that, socially, people do embrace the concept of "white people" and it is built deep into our society and weaponized against black people.
I agree with everything you said. Race isn't biologically real, and like you said, many supposed "racial terms" like "Caucasian" are outdated and nonsensical because they can include people of supposed different "races". In a perfect world I wish we could get rid of these ideas altogether, but you're right, socially "whiteness" is still a coveted thing. I'm sure even if we got rid of the idea of "whiteness", those same people would judge each other by their level of "Europeaness". I'm sure when we're all dead the definition of "whiteness" in America will surely change, especially as more "minorities" come in. Look at how prevalent the one drop rule was only a few decades ago.

A little side note, but in Australia, British colonizers labelled the Aboriginals as black people and they even had a one drop rule just like in America, except instead it applied to having one Australian Aboriginal ancestor. In the 16th/17th centuries, Western European explorers described East Asians as being "white people", because of their pale white skin. It was in later centuries that terms like "yellow" and the "yellow race" emerged, but were then deemed "problematic". Now we consider "Asian" a "race", even though that term is confusing and broad. Just goes to show how fragile and arbitrary race is.

The funny thing is whites (especially Europeans) are fully aware of their ethnic distinctions but, they flex on black people as "whites" because they want that white privilege. Go to Scotland or Ireland and tell them they're practically the same as an Englishman and you'll probably get a reaction like this:

giphy.gif
In my experience, I've noticed that to many people I've talked to, their ethnicity/nationality plays a more important role than their supposed "race". And it's funny because as you said, despite honestly looking the same, the Irish/Scottish would be appauled if you "dare" lump them with the English or how someone from China or Japan would be pissed off if you told them that they were the same as the Koreans.

Last edited:

trucompassion86

quarantiniana
Reaction score
Reactions
4,822 19 4
Alleybux
How about you calm down.

I guarantee you the Mexican newsreporter in the original story considers herself white.

A lot of spanish carribeans also consider themselves white. White doesn't have to mean you are 100% european, just like being black doesn't have to mean you are 100% african. So no it is not dangerous. And some of these carribean latinos practicing santeria are WHITE.

There was a story someone posted on here that like 80% of puerto ricans consider themsleves white (and yes that includes the people we look at and think they look mixed, well those same people consider themselves white).

The only thing that is antiquated is the American white notion that someone isn't white unless they are 100% from a western european country.

i am calm, ms gooch.

wasnt speaking for the mexican lady. just speaking for my west indian fam who wouldn't know what to do in a room full of white people.

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,792 19,021 12,528
Alleybux
i am calm, ms gooch.

wasnt speaking for the mexican lady. just speaking for my west indian fam who wouldn't know what to do in a room full of white people.

What does your west indian family have to do with hispanic whites identifying as white in the United States?

If you are a black west indian person no one is ever going to mistake you for white or call you spicy white.

trucompassion86

quarantiniana
Reaction score
Reactions
4,822 19 4
Alleybux
What does your west indian family have to do with hispanic whites identifying as white in the United States?

If you are a black west indian person no one is ever going to mistake you for white or call you spicy white.
what if im a "brown" west indian...? or have a cousin who is high yellow? what will the black police say then?

CHOPCHOP

DA MASTA ONION
Reaction score
Reactions
91,656 1,709 1,419
Alleybux
Spin-off of: White Hispanic Journalist Writes Tasteless Article About Black Female Murder Victim Breonna Taylor

I hate the term "Spicy" White, especially when referencing Hispanic or Latinx people. It does nothing but create the illusion that these are non-White people or "people of color". They spend all of their lives trying to look Whiter and we continue to give them spice to keep them in close proximity to us. Why?

These are regular degular White people with some curls, light tan, and maybe some features that look different- that is ALL. Nothing more. They may look ethnic but they identify as White. Or they WANT to identify as White.

Then when these White Hispanics/Latinx people SHOW their racism, we say, "these spicy whites think they are White!"

THEY ARE WHITE PEOPLE. What is spicy about them besides a little texture to their hair? Olive skin is spicy now? Fuller lips and fuller noses are spicy now? Can we stop? POC solidarity does NOT exist - let them remain in the unseasoned aisle where they want to be.

To YOU they are spicy but to themselves they are WHITE.

Example:

So what you're saying is "I don't exactly understand the context spicy white is used in"? Bc this ain't it.

StuckInBrum

New and Improved
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
124,978 7,361 12,218
Alleybux
Some people say that light skin people are still black,but cannot fathom darker skinned people can be white.

People downplay the diversity of white people.

Goodpoint. They down play the whiteness of white people so they ca downplay their preference for white people. They been trying to make Kim Karshian a non white for two decades now.

Prettyeyes212

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
159,351 3,910 2,264
Alleybux
To white people spicy whites arent white tho lmao

They BARELY claim italians bro, you thinking they claiming white south americans?

Imagine going so hard for a group that don't even claim you

You hate to see it

MizzLa89

A hero has to win every fight, A villian just 1
Reaction score
Reactions
285,035 6,179 993
Alleybux
Always trying to be more racist then the anglos but still never fully accepted by them...
giphy.gif

simplymina

in my bag
Reaction score
Reactions
156,120 6,832 2,211
Alleybux
“Spicy whites” are not any less white. Half of these supposed “people of colour” are actually not but can get away with labelling themselves as such because they’re not Anglo

White Middle Easterners and White Latinos are white people

moxyland

cracked out busted down washed up guttercat
Reaction score
Reactions
26,970 947 125
Alleybux
yeah they're white which is why we call them spicy white instead of POC or whatever. I think calling them spicy vs classic is just for context. given how nuanced society and history is, sometimes it helps to say if the ppl involved where classic whites or spicy whites.

I only use spicy white for the ones that seem in touch with the spicy part of their heritage though. like grew up in the culture, speak the language and everything. I don't like erasing ppls cultural identity from them - that's for yts to do. but 100% born and raised in bumfuck Vermont with nothing but Gonzalez for a last name.. *this is a white.gif*

TheAlchemist

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,623 1,690 1,434
Alleybux
Spin-off of: White Hispanic Journalist Writes Tasteless Article About Black Female Murder Victim Breonna Taylor

I hate the term "Spicy" White, especially when referencing Hispanic or Latinx people. It does nothing but create the illusion that these are non-White people or "people of color". They spend all of their lives trying to look Whiter and we continue to give them spice to keep them in close proximity to us. Why?

These are regular degular White people with some curls, light tan, and maybe some features that look different- that is ALL. Nothing more. They may look ethnic but they identify as White. Or they WANT to identify as White.

Then when these White Hispanics/Latinx people SHOW their racism, we say, "these spicy whites think they are White!"

THEY ARE WHITE PEOPLE. What is spicy about them besides a little texture to their hair? Olive skin is spicy now? Fuller lips and fuller noses are spicy now? Can we stop? POC solidarity does NOT exist - let them remain in the unseasoned aisle where they want to be.

Example:

The whites where I’m from don’t consider them white..they don’t look like regular degular whites to me. With that being said, you don’t have to be white to be racist against black people.

PaulAtreides

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,971 4,671 2,842
Alleybux
To white people spicy whites arent white tho lmao

They BARELY claim italians bro, you thinking they claiming white south americans?

Imagine going so hard for a group that don't even claim you

You hate to see it
I don't think so.

Even low IQ murderous Dylan Roof wrote in his manifesto about the whites in South America furthering "the cause".

It's literally where racist Nazis went. They went to countries that already had white communities. That allowed them to blend in and hide from Mossad agents.

In the U.S., police officers mark them as white. If anything whites encourage it because they want the U.S. to remain a majority white nation.

TheAlchemist

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,623 1,690 1,434
Alleybux
So, why are there so many variations of what is considered “white” but when it comes to Black people there’s one monolithic look. Even if the biracial looks more black they still aren’t considered black. These “spicy” whites have a lot of mixtures but are considered white. That man is not white. Lol
I consider spicy whites to be the whites that Anglos don't perceive as caucasian even though they are: dark-featured eastern Europeans and some asians.

The Kashmiri people from the Kashmiri Valley (Indian region) are "spicy white"; caucasians
c92b74537078e4cc027932501caf814e.jpg

TheAlchemist

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,623 1,690 1,434
Alleybux
I don't think so.

Even low IQ murderous Dylan Roof wrote in his manifesto about the whites in South America furthering "the cause".

It's literally where racist Nazis went. They went to countries that already had white communities. That allowed them to blend in and hide from Mossad agents.

In the U.S., police officers mark them as white. If anything whites encourage it because they want the U.S. to remain a majority white nation.
Dylan roof is a mentally unstable murdering irrational fool...same as Charles Manson who claimed to be a nazi but the leader of black people. Smh.

PaulAtreides

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,971 4,671 2,842
Alleybux
Dylan roof is a mentally unstable murdering irrational fool...same as Charles Manson who claimed to be a nazi but the leader of black people. Smh.
Mentally unstable is the name given to white killers but if the killer is non-white then they're thugs or terrorists.

He knew what he was doing and he's hated black people from childhood. He's not insane at all.There's a picture of him as a child and he clearly doesn't even want to stand next to the black people in the picture.

ETA: And white people don't even think he's unstable. Last I checked he's not in an asylum and the arresting officers bought him Burger King for killing all those black people. He didn't do anything the Klan hasn't done.

Last edited:

Browninjapan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,990 813 739
Alleybux

Example:

They are not Nordic, but they are White. From Castro to Che to Vincente Fox. A lot that "othering" of the so called Hispanics was due to Spain automatically disconnecting with Spanish expats or foriegn born to the Americas. We are talking about full blooded Spainards, no chaser.

Last edited:

messo messo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,318 330 268
Alleybux
But Hispanics were never spicy white.
Spicy just meant you’re white but you look like you can be somewhat ethnic.
Latinos and Hispanics were always just Latino or hispanic, with a white or black prefix.

Example:

LeBronFan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,802 2,676 1,826
Alleybux
Thanks for pointing it out, Op.

As a Non-White person (Victim of White Supremacy).
I've been deceived a lot times by these particular group of White people.

Because:

1. Some of them would claim to be Hispanic or Latino/Latina.
Those were confusing terms to me as a Black child (Victim of White Supremacy).
I use to think that automatically made them not White.

2. I would be tricked by some of them saying they're "Mexican", when that just informed me of their Nationality.

Nationality Definition:

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the state or fact of being a citizen of a particular nation.

nationality
Nationality and "Racial" classifications are two different things.

3. A lot of Non-White people (Victims of White Supremacy) tend to be deceived by this particular group of White people.
And on of the major reason is most of them know how to speak Spanish fluently.

Here's more evidence for you, that you could share with any Non-White person who might have a difficult time identifying these particular group White people:

Pitbull - "Being a White Latino Rapper in the South"

Mr. Armando Christian Perez:
"Being White, Blue Eyes...The White and Blue eyes played to my advantage because it allowed me to get in with guards down...They don't know...I don't care...It's an asset more than a defect."

Pitbull: "I'd Be An Entrepreneur One Way or Another"

"Dressed like gentlemen yet very dangerous. You know?"

Katie C:
"That's your look? Gentlemanly be dangerous?"

"You don't see it? Hahahaha..."

Now days my code is to ask if a person is White or Non-White. So don't make no assumptions, and allow them to speak for themselves.

I have to give a shout out to Mr. Neely Fuller Jr. (Victim of White Supremacy) because his code book, has been quite helpful with my Study of Racism (White Supremacy).

logo-279x144-1.png

WORKBOOK-COVER-NEW.jpg

full_b9a29730d053c4c6760b1ea6a94d0313.jpg

Produce Justice | Neely Fuller Jr's "Counter-Racist Code"

Neely Fuller Jr- Why Is Justice Associated With Fair?

And is one of the books that's helped with my personal development of becoming less confused about Racism (White Supremacy).

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's book has been helping me too.

15826522_1601482106532343_2285311203869775550_n.jpg

mama-frances-cress-welsing-adenike-amenra-canvas-print.jpg

f65a55cd246e6ab08bc79e0312b3af1b.jpg

eaa6e40e7bebae46d980ffc3f460d768.jpg

biS9iiN.jpg

Dr Frances Welsing- Black Self-respect & Value of Self

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing (Victim of White Supremacy).

I wish I would of knew what I know now, back when I was 10 years old.

V.G.Q.

Neely Fuller Jr- New Culture And VGQ

Stay safe, and taker care Op.

Peace.

:peace

Cutiefab

The Hound’s b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
121,919 4,993 4,288
Alleybux
It seems like you all only see the world in black and white.

I have honestly never heard Arabs refer to themselves as white even when they actually are.

But I guess only Americans can actually understand this thread.

TheAlchemist

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,623 1,690 1,434
Alleybux
Mentally unstable is the name given to white killers but if the killer is non-white then they're thugs or terrorists.

He knew what he was doing and he's hated black people from childhood. He's not insane at all.There's a picture of him as a child and he clearly doesn't even want to stand next to the black people in the picture.

ETA: And white people don't even think he's unstable. Last I checked he's not in an asylum and the arresting officers bought him Burger King for killing all those black people. He didn't do anything the Klan hasn't done.
He is a thug and a terrorist also! Just because I think he’s a mentally unstable irrational fool doesn’t mean I don’t think he should be punished and tortured for his crimes. People like him deserve to die.

PaulAtreides

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,971 4,671 2,842
Alleybux
He is a thug and a terrorist also! Just because I think he’s a mentally unstable irrational fool doesn’t mean I don’t think he should be punished and tortured for his crimes. People like him deserve to die.
But he's not some psychotic killer. He knew full well what he was doing.

I don't get dismissing his POV as "irrational" so he can't speak for whites when what he did was the norm for whites during Jim Crow and before that. It was nothing for them to kill a bunch of black people and they wouldn't go to jail for it.

Why do you think whites are arming themselves? So if the occasion arise they can do what Dylan Roof did. They just don't like the optics of doing it in a church but he's not seen as crazy to them.

Browninjapan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,990 813 739
Alleybux
It seems like you all only see the world in black and white.

I have honestly never heard Arabs refer to themselves as white even when they actually are.

But I guess only Americans can actually understand this thread.

Well that is because Arabs are a hybrid of other races such as with the modern day Latino which includes white/ caucasian. And it is more marketable for Arabs not to claim white. On the other hand Persians definitely claim white. Some even claim to be the original. You see this even in some parts of India irt the Aryan history.

NYCbrownstone

Dual Power
Reaction score
Reactions
33,208 1,074 445
Alleybux
I like "spicy white"

Because it admits that these people are ultimately white.

Arabs
Mediterraneans
White Jews
Greeks & Italians
White Hispanics
Diluted Indigenous peolle

These are WHITE people, so sick of the POC term. It means NOTHING. All those groups are racist as fµck, and have nothing to do with black people.

But black folks wanna claim and be adjacent to these folks. When will we learn?
LSA is the ONLY place I have ever heard Arab people described as white. Since when are they white?

Prettyeyes212

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
159,351 3,910 2,264
Alleybux
I don't think so.

Yea they are marked as white to up the numbers and the cause of white supremacy but they still don’t get that white WHITE privilege, you’re still an outsider, different unless you completely assimilate both phenotypically and culturally

my ex was a white Latino, straight Italian looking dude. He has stories for days about white people saying slick sh!t to him and being racist towards him. They made it very clear that yea you look close to us but you ain’t really one of us.

Dude deadass hated white people, couldn’t STAND Spaniards because they especially made it clear that he was below them because of his South American heritage

Cutiefab

The Hound’s b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
121,919 4,993 4,288
Alleybux
Well that is because Arabs are a hybrid of other races such as with the modern day Latino which includes white/ caucasian. And it is more marketable for Arabs not to claim white. On the other hand Persians definitely claim white. Some even claim to be the original. You see this even in some parts of India irt the Aryan history.

Yes but Persian and Arabs aren’t the same but still where I come from Persians don’t even refer to themselves as white.

Just like a Sephardi is not white but an Ashkenazi is.