Quantcast

Statement against bashing of artists' children on social media.

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,408 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
This was posted by Sharon Cuneta - one of the most famous celebrities in The Philippines - a veteran in entertainment and herself once a child-star.

Star Magic assists in the nurturing of young talent in the Philippines.

I wish there was something in America to protect children from online bullying. The bruises may not be visible but they exist and may cause permanent damage. A damaged child becomes a damaged adult that often becomes a menace to society.

Having just watched Bobby Brown with Jada on The Red Table Talk, it's obvious Bobby's childhood environment impacted him as an adult and ultimately affected those around him in a devastating way. I am not making excuses for Bobby but his talent was marred by what happened to him as a child.

It's even worse now that technology is such a lethal weapon. Kids do not magically recover once they become an adult. Quite the contrary.

We, as adults, have to protect every child, not just our own.

Please don't allow your kids to bully or be bullied by anyone online.

1618400695655.png

Last edited:

BetchPIeaze

The Betchiest
Reaction score
Reactions
49,856 3,587 2,728
Alleybux
all children should be protected and treated with respect. And people online do get bold. But celebrity kids have an extra blanket of security that other kids who are bullied dont have.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,908 21,182 21,874
Alleybux
I don’t know what satisfaction adults get out of mocking children. Even if I thought a child was ugly, I wouldn’t verbalize that opinion on social media.

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,408 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
all children should be protected and treated with respect. And people online do get bold. But celebrity kids have an extra blanket of security that other kids who are bullied dont have.

Quite the opposite. They are easy to target because they are known. Regular kids are not know by millions of strangers.

You only have to look at the celebrity gossip threads online where kids of celebrities are mocked and humiliated by people who project their self-esteem issues. It's appalling that grown ups treat children this way for personal entertainment.

Princestub

I touched Prince's butt
Reaction score
Reactions
50,712 2,006 1,348
Alleybux
it's really simple you are not going to be able to stop people from trolling innocent children, so why not just keep your kids of social media...if you know people are unkind, especially on the internet then why would you put your child in the public eye? isn't that child abuse in and of itself? Social media is full of mentally unwell people, this site is a prime example.

BetchPIeaze

The Betchiest
Reaction score
Reactions
49,856 3,587 2,728
Alleybux
Quite the opposite. They are easy to target because they are known. Regular kids are not know by millions of strangers.

You only have to look at the celebrity gossip threads online where kids of celebrities are mocked and humiliated by people who project their self-esteem issues. It's appalling that grown ups treat children this way for personal entertainment.

i disagree. Millions of dollars fixes a lot of things. Theres a difference between a kid living a middle class life being bullied by peers and one who knows that none of that matters because they have access to almost anything they want.

the everyday kid has no choice but to face their bullies in real life and sometimes online. The rich kid can hop on a plane and go to Hawaii for the weekend and stay in a luxury hotel when theyre feeling down. If someone makes fun of their clothes.. Guess what? They dont give a damn because they can go and upgrade their 5 or 6 figure wardrobe that same day.

Celebrity kids will soon realize that they are not being picked on for who they are, but for who their parents are and the lifestyle theyve been blessed to have.

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,408 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
i disagree. Millions of dollars fixes a lot of things. Theres a difference between a kid living a middle class life being bullied by peers and one who knows that none of that matters because they have access to almost anything they want.

the everyday kid has no choice but to face their bullies in real life and sometimes online. The rich kid can hop on a plane and go to Hawaii for the weekend and stay in a luxury hotel when theyre feeling down. If someone makes fun of their clothes.. Guess what? They dont give a damn because they can go and upgrade their 5 or 6 figure wardrobe that same day.

Celebrity kids will soon realize that they are not being picked on for who they are, but for who their parents are and the lifestyle theyve been blessed to have.
That is not true.

A child can be born to rich, powerful parents and still suffer immense self-esteem issues because money cannot, CANNOT fix what's on the inside. Do you honestly think a luxurious vacation will fix the trauma of a sensitive child being humiliated? Rich kids commit suicide too.

Princess Diana had a serious eating disorder. What does that tell us?