Quantcast

Stock market

TiredoftheBS

Back to putting y’all’s stupid threads on ignore!
Reaction score
Reactions
127,076 5,312 3,329
Alleybux
For anyone trying to get into the stock game, they now have fractional shares, which means you dont have to buy a whole share of anything. You can invest as little as a dollar in a company like Chipotle whose stock is valued $882 if you are so inclined. Im doing it through cashapp but I think the most popular way to do it is through something called robinhood
Yes! It’s pretty cool

thatghchick

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,994 125 8
Alleybux
Just wanted to plug my investing blog (just started it a few weeks ago). I left investment banking not too long ago (my specialty is stocks/equity) and love to break down everything about Wall Street to the simplest language that everyday people can understand. My PMs are also always open for follow-up questions!

Investor Simplified

Please feel free to read for guidance on the stock market. Will appreciate your feedback too :heart:

You’ve done such a great job with it! Just spent the last 30 or so minutes reading through all your posts. The quiz is a really nice touch too; I hope they’ll be dynamic.

I’ve bookmarked the site and look forward to your future posts! :b72

thewaterworks

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,357 725 21
Alleybux
You’ve done such a great job with it! Just spent the last 30 or so minutes reading through all your posts. The quiz is a really nice touch too; I hope they’ll be dynamic.

I’ve bookmarked the site and look forward to your future posts! :b72
Thank you so much!! I'm really encouraged and deeply appreciate it. I've been working on new content so please stay tuned!

thatghchick

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,994 125 8
Alleybux
Thank you so much!! I'm really encouraged and deeply appreciate it. I've been working on new content so please stay tuned!

Aww yay I’m glad to hear that!:heart: I’m going to share it with friends as well.

Will you have accompanying social media for it or just the blog?

thewaterworks

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,357 725 21
Alleybux
Aww yay I’m glad to hear that!:heart: I’m going to share it with friends as well.

Will you have accompanying social media for it or just the blog?
I have an IG @investorsimplified which I need to update and a Facebook page "Investor Simplified" as well.

Really grateful for your viewership and support! :heart:

premiumting1

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Just wanted to plug my investing blog (just started it a few weeks ago). I left investment banking not too long ago (my specialty is stocks/equity) and love to break down everything about Wall Street to the simplest language that everyday people can understand. My PMs are also always open for follow-up questions!

Investor Simplified

Please feel free to read for guidance on the stock market. Will appreciate your feedback too :heart:

Hey! I'm still catching up to speed in this thread and I headed over to your site and have been there for days lol. This is SO good. Your posts are very well written and just overall super helpful. I'm still reading, but I've already shared with family who's looking to get into investing and need more info.

Thank you for this!!

LVuittonLover

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,628 448 143
Alleybux
From my own research and reading A sh!t LOAD of books I have decided not to invest in Apple and I like warren buffets logic

Apple is good now but longterm IDK plus I watch msnbc and a lot of financial channels
especially closing bell

and also what may be great for you IDK your age but you should look into a self- directed IRA (BEST DECISION I MADE) (investment wise)

ETA: Self-directed IRA - Wikipedia

just incase you were wondering

Fast forward eight years Apple is doing great. I just started investing four months ago and just bought into Apple this week. Apple is a great long-term play.

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,729 2,681 178
Alleybux
I really like The Motley Fool. I think it's really helpful for beginners. Honestly, I think you could do better by yourself investing in a "safe" ETF. At the least, you'd have an extra $600 a year. You can get an account with Vanguard, Sharebuilder or Fidelity and watch it on your own. All those sites also offer good comparison tools for helping to make decisions about different funds. If you have any other questions, just ask. I'm definitely not an expert, but most of this is just about knowing where to find information and having the confidence to try. Being fairly risk-averse helps, too. Initially, especially, you want to play it safe.

Great advice. I've been thinking about going with Vanguard. In particular I was looking at no load mutual funds.

dolly1971

Fair and Balanced
Reaction score
Reactions
57,257 2,848 3,439
Alleybux
I have a little money put aside and I am thinking of investing in minerals, ie lithium, tin and copper because these materials will be in alot of demand in the future.

BrwnSknBeauty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,608 5,494 3,704
Alleybux

Investor Simplified

Is this site down?
@thewaterworks

thewaterworks

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,357 725 21
Alleybux
Is this site down?
@thewaterworks
I didn't renew the domain lease - I explained to a font before that I'm in business school now, so I don't have enough time to blog, but I'm always available in the email/private messages here, if anyone wants advice.
The posts are still up on investorsimplified.wixsite.com/mysite though!

LVuittonLover

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,628 448 143
Alleybux
Exactly what I said.

A new way of living.. Things change either you accept it and learn or get left behind in the past.

A lot of older people already being left behind cause certain places are no longer accepting checks from their outdated check book.

So either they learn how to use a chip card,find somewhere that takes checks or stay home and think bout what they wish they paid for.

You were definitely predicting the future with this one. Look at the rise in FinTech over the past few years and its going to get bigger. Paper money is being phased out slowly.

JustLivingTv

Fck |Love|Friendship & yo phony apologies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
97,013 9,670 9,132
Alleybux
You were definitely predicting the future with this one. Look at the rise in FinTech over the past few years and its going to get bigger. Paper money is being phased out slowly.
Naw I ain't predict it it's just life.

We have a store in my area that only take debit cards/credit cards and ebt they don't take cash only give cash back if you want money from your card.

LVuittonLover

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,628 448 143
Alleybux
I know the thread is old... but here's my two cents.

Stay away from IPOs

Analyst "opinions" on TV are as valid as weather forecast or Steven A predictions lol.

If you hear it on TV or reading it on newspaper, it's too late.

Invest in what your know

I've gotten burned by investing in a few IPOs this year. I wanted to invest in some IPO that wound up running up and got out of my price range. I want to say it was Affirm. I thought all IPOs do that (I'm still in my first year of investing) so I try to jump in early, WRONG! I have lost money on every IPO bc they tumbled within days. The only one that I still have a profit on is Robinhood.

LVuittonLover

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
17,628 448 143
Alleybux
Naw I ain't predict it it's just life.

We have a store in my area that only take debit cards/credit cards and ebt they don't take cash only give cash back if you want money from your card.

Now that you mention it, I have noticed the rise in cash-less establishments. Sweetgreen was one of the first to go cash-less back in 2017/2018. Now that we're in the midst of this pandemic, I notice other retailers are going that route too, namely Chick-fil-A. I think they may keep up with the cash-less system as (or if) we ever come out of the pandemic.

Divineintuition

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Alleybux
Hey are there any female day traders that trade stocks in the Premarket session or regular trading session? I would love to talk and bounce ideas off each other.

Cheers
Sidnee