Quantcast

Subtle ways people show they’re jealous

O Bryan

80s Himbo
Reaction score
Reactions
45,856 2,869 3,629
Alleybux
girl you and me Both. I’m disgusted actually. Personally, people don’t know what I went through in my life to have the talent and blessings I have, and I’m not even talking about physical items. I have no tolerance for it because they’re not to be trusted

And it's fµcked up because when you've actually gone through some sh!t to get somewhere in life you are genuinely happy to see people close to you thriving.

marrymejane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,445 2,883 791
Alleybux
Some of y'all's don't necessarily sound like jealousy, but plain old not liking somebody. (which isn't always rooted in jealousy)

-Are visibly unhappy/bothered when you get good news.
-Try to avoid asking/discussing with you anything positive in your life.
- when you KNOW you looking damn near flawless, they don't compliment you at all but just jump straight to pinpointing/nitpicking your ONE flaw (and not in a constructive way either)
-they're not happy for you about anything they're not involved in/an opportunity they got because of you.
-you can tell they got out of their way to mention things that they THINK will make you jealous, cuz they're jealous.

Last edited:

Unlucky1

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,980 13 2
Alleybux
They sabotage you on the low and they are very passive aggressive towards you. They will be secret competition with you and you wouldnt know it until its too late and they've crossed you.

YankeeNoBrim

Gorilla Grip
Reaction score
Reactions
16,334 412 200
Alleybux
LMAL omg that IG one is so true! Don’t never like anything but when they see you it’s all “you really doing your thing out here” unfriend and block

then when you do that it’s “omg why did you unfriend me?”

to that let me add: never showing love but ALWAYS watching your IG story. That’s because they’ve already studied your actual page, the jealousy won’t make them like anything, now they have to keep up with you in real time
I've had a couple people do this to me and it's annoying af, why follow my IG if you're not gonna like my stuff?

haildollasign

Back off before we come n get u
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
29,540 599 86
Alleybux
Questioning how/why you have what you have.

Making snide remarks to how you've accelerated in your career/life.

Spreading rumours or engaging in bitchy chit chat when you've done nothing wrong.

Of course, there are other reasons as to why people do these specific things but these seem common displays of jealousy.

a group of goons did that at my job about me liking a 17 year old child. i had to wrap it up and check them real quick about that.
i didnt know that was a sign of jealously. it was a bunch of beckys too. cant stomach them.

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,010 35,105 4,760
Alleybux
The thing I don't like is when someone doesn't like you, yet they continue to laugh in your face. If I don't like someone I keep my distance and I don't pretend to be their bff.

haildollasign

Back off before we come n get u
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
29,540 599 86
Alleybux
Also i have a older lady thats 2 faced and complains to the manager about me but then be all nice to my face. we got into it because of a miscommunication. she thought i was ignoring her phone call (bc sometimes they need me up front) so i told her that i didnt hear anything. she turned around and was like "you dont know your own name" and like she got so angry lol. i lashed out and told her to go away. one min she'll be all nice and we'll talk about some issues like (me not being in the right area) and then the next min she'll go and tell the manager about the thing we just talked about but lie and say that she didnt discuss it with me. the managers told me to not worry about it but shes very odd and i dont understand her behavior sometimes.

but i realized that by me lashing out she got what she wanted. clearly she wants me OUT so im not going to stoop down to her level. im going to make her look like the crazy one and not me because at the end of the day shes gonna look silly and not me lol

madamelakam

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,914 1,439 1,445
Alleybux
I've had a couple people do this to me and it's annoying af, why follow my IG if you're not gonna like my stuff?

because they’re pure haters keeping tabs on you and your life. I can’t tell you how many creepy people who watched all my stories but don’t like anything. I know it may be petty to some people but the larger issue is obvious hate and jealousy and downright creepiness. That’s why I love the unfollow, hide story from, and block buttons.

YankeeNoBrim

Gorilla Grip
Reaction score
Reactions
16,334 412 200
Alleybux
The thing I don't like is when someone doesn't like you, yet they continue to laugh in your face. If I don't like someone I keep my distance and I don't pretend to be their bff.
People that do this should definitely not be trusted. I wouldn't hang with anyone I can't stand either it's just weird

Unlucky1

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,980 13 2
Alleybux
Exactly... I hate that fake sh!t

Unlucky1

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
9,980 13 2
Alleybux
Exactly... I hate that fake sh!t

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,117 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
Had a friend who would always put me down in public and when others were around (knowing I have social anxiety disorder mind you). She always claimed to be joking or that she was just trying to make me "loosen up" and "not take myself so seriously".

Last edited:

istjaries

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,260 34 27
Alleybux
Whites, Jews, n red dot Indians are sneaky abt it n the most jealous types as you see on TV as well.

peace.paz.

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,232 203 63
Alleybux
Got a new job and updated my LinkedIn which naturally creates an announcement. You’d think I’d get some love from my sisters but no— the majority of congrats I received came from my male colleagues. I was shocked to find that only a very small handful of the women that I knew (including my old supervisor) extended a congrats. This also includes the private messages that I got as well.

I don’t know for some reason I expected more acknowledgement from my female colleagues/friends I guess, especially since I’ve often been the cheerleader.

I’m starting to realize that many of the women I know simply want to keep tabs on my life and that’s where it ends.

madamelakam

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,914 1,439 1,445
Alleybux
Got a new job and updated my LinkedIn which naturally creates an announcement. You’d think I’d get some love from my sisters but no— the majority of congrats I received came from my male colleagues. I was shocked to find that only a very small handful of the women that I knew (including my old supervisor) extended a congrats. This also includes the private messages that I got as well.

I don’t know for some reason I expected more acknowledgement from my female colleagues/friends I guess, especially since I’ve often been the cheerleader.

I’m starting to realize that many of the women I know simply want to keep tabs on my life and that’s where it ends.

From me to you: congrats on your new job and all your success!

Oh girl I definitely know how you feel. This is one of the many reasons over the years I have separated myself from people I grew up with/went to school with. Lol they are the absolute WORSE when it comes to jealousy/hate and love to keep tabs. Soon as I peep, I delete, unfollow.

I’m starting from scratch when it comes to hanging out with new people, especially new women associates and friends.

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,637 1,930 267
Alleybux
It’s very sad when it’s your own mother.

nitpicking

constant insults poorly covered up as jokes

not happy/ignore when even a tiny things goes your way

visibly bothered by any compliments you receive

try to sabotage your relationships (I don’t let her around any people in my life)

tell little white lies about you

shows subtle satisfaction when things are not going well for you

threatened when you feel confident or comfortable in your own skin/beliefs

The last five years I’ve mostly been estranged from my family, mostly due to my mother(both parents really). I plan on going back limited contact. Luckily, during that time I went to therapy and met supportive people so her mess doesn’t really get to me anymore. She’s really bothered that I’m forming a life outside of everyone and I’m comfortable with myself. I’m getting divorced and she’s not been loyal at all. She actually supports my husband and she tries to make me jealous of his potential life or act like I want him back. This divorce (if I ever get out of it) I believe is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and no one can convince me otherwise. That burns her up. I just need to get it done but he won’t let it go and the lawyers are happy to keep it going for more money.

peace.paz.

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,232 203 63
Alleybux
From me to you: congrats on your new job and all your success!

Oh girl I definitely know how you feel. This is one of the many reasons over the years I have separated myself from people I grew up with/went to school with. Lol they are the absolute WORSE when it comes to jealousy/hate and love to keep tabs. Soon as I peep, I delete, unfollow.

I’m starting from scratch when it comes to hanging out with new people, especially new women associates and friends.

Thank you! :blush:

Yup this is something that I’m trying to do as well. Trying to find my tribe and making it a point to avoid energy vampires.

madamelakam

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,914 1,439 1,445
Alleybux
Thank you! :blush:

Yup this is something that I’m trying to do as well. Trying to find my tribe and making it a point to avoid energy vampires.

You’re so welcome!

Yup! I have no more time, loyalty or energy for people who ride the fence. Building other people’s self esteem is not my job especially because it usually turns into resentment and they still end up feeling a way toward you lol. I’m not dating men who are insecure and jealous and I’m not befriending people like that either.

kamikazemind

Good to hear from you bish
Reaction score
Reactions
67,444 1,264 531
Alleybux
Projection.
Making remarks saying you think you are better than others, all because you live your life justly. Lmao

flon25

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,637 1,930 267
Alleybux
I don’t know if it’s subtle, but criticizing you yet taking on aspects of your personality(traits they never demonstrated before).

Priveleged

Yeah I know
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
16,591 1,532 2,645
Alleybux
Whenever a white woman or non black lady breathes in my direction or attempt to talk to me I know it’s about to be some jealous sh!t popping off especially if a man is involved,

whutsthetea

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,740 2,795 601
Alleybux
giphy.gif
When they say

“no offense”

...and proceed to spew toxic waste in your direction.

I get so tense and heated when someone says it, I just know what to follow is gonna piss me off

Makaya

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,972 837 188
Alleybux
I recently got plastic surgery and my “friend” literally asked if I would be able to make it to her brunch in a few weeks, didn’t wish me well or anything. The day after surgery she texts “surgery?” I said it went well. Never heard from her again. A mind you she had covid and every single day I checked on her. Yet the man that doesn’t like her that she’s been chasing for the last 3 years had Gatorade’s in his car for her when she had covid and to date she hasn’t received them. I literally just blocked and deleted her from everywhere without explanation. Too old to explain the obvious and ppl know what they’re doing.

This isn’t the first incident when she’s done some weird shxt and I’m tired of calling her out. 1.5 years ago we were supposed to go to an event. I messaged her the day of to confirm, no response. Next day she’s posting on social media. I’m like you couldn’t have said you no longer wanted to go etc. she said “I was busy”. I’m done, I have no time for weird shxt. Good luck and god bless.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
When you want to throw an event they’ll try to discourage you but when somebody else want to throw one they finance it , organize it, attend then tell you about it and how great it was.
They copy you but don’t quite pull it off .
You can tell

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,561 5,565 5,239
Alleybux
We've all been jealous before so we need to stop acting like our beep don't stank.

I will say if I'm jealous of a person, like at work, I avoid the person.

greatlove

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
102 1
Alleybux
Competing with you-buying or wanting whatever you have
Trying to demean or sabotage you to make themselves more important
Downplaying your wins and strengths

Reaction score
Reactions
79,528 6,396 3,647