Quantcast

sudanese fonts, what do people think your ethnicity is?

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux
the photo

It's basically a map showing the genetic clusters, the genetic makeup of some selected communities with regards to nilotes...

Ps
It also allows us to appreciate the admixture levels in certain sub saharan groups, unadmixed Europeans are coded with the color green while nilotes with the color blue or dark blue depending on what one sees.

Last edited:

ababda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,215 154 142
Alleybux
lmao, I feel you, we need some beautiful north Sudanese people to become famous and represent us!

Not to sound like a witty b!tch which I am at times. Our people look for practical careers such as doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers instead of being entertainers. If a sudani choose the entertainment or model route that is fine.

babyphatcat

The American Dream
Reaction score
Reactions
51,332 438 267
Alleybux
Not to sound like a witty b!tch which I am at times. Our people look for practical careers such as doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers instead of being entertainers. If a sudani choose the entertainment or model route that is fine.
true, they do prefer that but I think it's important to also have representation in media as well.

Queen Ati

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
107,789 2,501 725
Alleybux
Controversial, read at your own risk.

Sudanic/Sudanese isn't necessarily = to cushitic. It's a common misconception, in fact The Beja are the sole cushitic speakers in Sudan.

Phenotypically. Sudan isn't entirely homogeneous even while most of them share the same religion, the communities didn't select for a specific phenotype hence their isn't a typical sudanid look to be expected.

Genetically. Most great lakes East Africans, Horner, northeastern communities Egypt & Sudan, even some west asians like the Turkmen have some substantial mixed ancestry with nilotic ancestry, from sharing common nilotic haplogroups like Haplogroup B, E3b & A comprising of some of their autosomal dna to also including some genetic clustering with nilotes from South Sudan & neighboring countries. The Mahas, Halfawieen, Danagla, Hadendowa, BeniAmer, Shaigia, Bataheen & others all the way from both Southern Egypt & northern Sudan similar to other east Africans like the Somalis for instance owe over 50% of their genome to nilotes as seen from the K4 cluster below.
View attachment 1719357

I will not speak on Sudanese heritage but Somalis who study genetics understand that we have Proto-Nilotic roots and we feel our statuesque beauty, skintone and features come from them.

I don't want to derail this Sudanese topic so I will leave it at that.

lilgloss

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,976 234 11
Alleybux
I will not speak on Sudanese heritage but Somalis who study genetics understand that we have Proto-Nilotic roots and we feel our statuesque beauty, skintone and features come from them.

thank you for your insight! Everyone stays in Somali business so much respect to you. Your contribution is always welcome, but the thing is, many of us just don’t know

Reaction score
Reactions
1,019 52 97
Alleybux

Yes, nilotufians is the word they commonly use I suppose. I've seen a lot of Somalis embrace this truth & I'm very proud of their enlightenment. Others within the region however, especially most online Sudanese I've encountered are opposed to that reality so much so they'll swear to their deaths they have nothing, not culture, heritage, nothing in common with South Sudanese communities.