Quantcast

Symbolism of twins "Easter egg" in S4

colgatesmile

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,988 779 267
Alleybux
Some of you may recall Issa saying, "Twins" when asked what the Easter egg would be for the season. Did ya'll pick up on the Easter eggs each episode? I noted a few:

- Twins attend the fundraiser in Ep 1
- Issa's mom's bf has twins
- Molly's running through the airport and is trying to find the gate and there are two Einstein brothers bagel shops (I could be reaching here)
- Baby Michelle (aka Olsen twins) reference from Molly
- Sista sista reference from spoken word artist at the block party

Overall some of the cinematic choices made shows characters facing each other in a "split screen" kind of fashion -- what most sticks out to me is Issa and Lawrence's date.

I think twins/duality is symbolic of Issa and Molly's relationship. Twins share a deep bond -- but may also be seen as rivals. They both showed a similar lack of communication skills but loyalty towards one another. They both had to grow in their relationships to the men they believed were significant to their lives. Also Gemini is symbolic of adaptability -- I don't know much about this sign but apparently they tend to mirror others and display adaptability to win the favor of others.

Also, some dream interpretations indicate that the appearance of twins might signify a pregnancy in the family or someone close.

Overall, I wasn't a fan of some of the writing choices this season, but I thought this one was cool.

Last edited: