Quantcast

T.D. Jakes’ Daughter Buys $4M Calabasas Mansion

me222

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,089 3,572 526
Alleybux
Eh, not my taste but congrats to her. I’m not buying what any of these pastors or motivational speakers are selling. The Jakes family is very materialistic and stunt too much for my taste. But if you got it, flaunt it I guess.

frenchietogo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,181 546 275
Alleybux
She's another "Stormy Wellington" and this is why and how

mgazkae.jpg

Just had an “ah ha” moment. Spiritual Twitter/IG follows the same exact formula. Shout out to the HH.

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
Real talk, but I lost respect for TD Jakes and his preaching if he couldn't even keep his own daughter for becoming pregnant at 14!!

14!!

Who is the father of her child?
This!!!

Who was raping his daughter....

Also, he used to be a regular country preacher from WV and we used to love to listen to him.

He's so far away from the mark.

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,485 5,072 186
Alleybux
This!!!

Also, he used to be a regular country preacher from WV and we used to love to listen to him.

I didn't know that she was raped. What is the WV? Thank you

rejuvenation12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,690 3,904 487
Alleybux
I didn't know that she was raped. What is the WV? Thank you

WV is West Virginia.

According to the books (written by herself and her parents), she started having xes with a boy in the church. But she was like 12. That's too young to know what xes truly means or the consequences of your actions. And say like the guy was a little older and experienced and took advantage of her. Then yeah, that's rape. It shouldn't be swept under the rug in the determination to create a "success story."

I think people are saying that it's sad he was off preaching while his own kids needed the help and advice.

But the other side of the argument is parents can't control every thing their child does. I don't think people should judge, but I do think it seems like her parents promote Sarah hard because they were forever trying to make up for what happened.

Sarah is not the only one to get into trouble. His son also made headlines for lewd behavior at one point --

T.D. Jakes’ Son Arrested for Lewd Behavior
Son of Dallas' Pastor T.D. Jakes arrested for indecent exposure - Dallas Voice
Affidavit describes indecent exposure case against son of Potter's House pastor

Bostonhello

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,485 5,072 186
Alleybux
WV is West Virginia.

According to the books (written by herself and her parents), she started having xes with a boy in the church. But she was like 12. That's too young to know what xes truly means or the consequences of your actions. And say like the guy was a little older and experienced and took advantage of her. Then yeah, that's rape. It shouldn't be swept under the rug in the determination to create a "success story."

I think people are saying that it's sad he was off preaching while his own kids needed the help and advice.

But the other side of the argument is parents can't control every thing their child does. I don't think people should judge, but I do think it seems like her parents promote Sarah hard because they were forever trying to make up for what happened.

Sarah is not the only one to get into trouble. His son also made headlines for lewd behavior at one point --

T.D. Jakes’ Son Arrested for Lewd Behavior
Son of Dallas' Pastor T.D. Jakes arrested for indecent exposure - Dallas Voice
Affidavit describes indecent exposure case against son of Potter's House pastor
oh wow about the son.

Diggin da Shamy

I am enough.
Reaction score
Reactions
210,122 4,772 3,321
Alleybux
The blatant favoritism for Sarah always weirded me out. And T.D. Jakes seems to be blind about how blatant it looks.

But anyway, hope she enjoys living in Cali!

His favorite was the teen mom? Wow, good for her but I would side eye a pastor that had a child that got pregnant that young. The hell kinda parenting was going on in that house.

Pagliacci

The Clown
Reaction score
Reactions
92,589 3,303 1,814
Alleybux
"For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

this is why no one takes christians seriously anymore. y'all like to pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow. it's disgusting for religious leaders to have ostentatious wealth.

LakeLanier

Hee Hee Hell!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
27,779 716 48
Alleybux
Pastor’s daughter or not - I’m always curious as to why people need homes this big.

You’re probably only going to use about 50% of the space. Other than an external status symbol, what’s the point?

OMG! I’m glad someone else thinks like me on this big ole houses. It’s a gross display of greed but mostly a waste of space to look rich and successful.

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
I've read several books by Jakes, Serita, and Sarah (I borrowed the books to read them LMAO. I love to read, but I wasn't about to give these people money). Anyways, from what I gathered, Mama Serita was bedridden with a leg injury for over a year and Daddy Jakes was busy preaching the chitlin circuit. Sarah was unsupervised and ran wild and started having xes with a boy in the church when she was 12 or 13. Her sister Cora helped her break the news to her parents. She had the baby at 14.

Then when Sarah was 23, she married some hood-looking dude that they thought was going to be a rich baller. They got married in a lavish wedding and her Daddy Jakes paid for a 10-page spread of the wedding photos in Essence Magazine.

Then baller dude went broke, couldn't play ball all that well after all, and turned abusive (I can't remember in which order), so they got divorced. Sarah is married to a different man now.

This is what I remember from the books so yall can correct me if I got the order wrong. Some people seem to find her story inspiring so hey, power to her!
How old is Sarah now?

phizle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
43,492 1,455 479
Alleybux
I think LA has the most horrendous "Spanish villas/Mediterranean style homes"

Don't get me wrong, it's all very nice. But they just lack personality and seem gaudy

skimup1

lesbian extraordinaire
Reaction score
Reactions
62,673 1,382 584
Alleybux
"For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

this is why no one takes christians seriously anymore. y'all like to pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow. it's disgusting for religious leaders to have ostentatious wealth.

As the majority of the congregation suffers. Disgusting.

Justalittleho

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,117 527 427
Alleybux
I looove the backyard and pool, but the interior looks a bit dated to me. Not a fan of the dual stair entryway or kitchen. Kinda looks like an old Kardashian house.

ladyluxe

#theyjusthave2die
Reaction score
Reactions
69,321 2,711 2,385
Alleybux
She is really a good motivational story for any young woman who has a child early (she was 13/14). Her father was a Pastor and she had to deal with that shame, but she had to put in that work to overcome that shame, including going through a divorce. She's lived a whole life to be so young.

The other daughter is doing well and adopted a daughter a couple years back. She has published at least one great book and that girl can PRAY! Love when she prays. She is her father's child.
Yes and the motivational message is -- have a rich parents and you can over come anything!

Tthinkx

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,201 1,615 1,509
Alleybux
This!!!

Raped? Why is it that whenever little girls WILLING have xes, y'all assume she was raped? She had xes with another child. she was not raped.

CocoaPony

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,974 1,181 519
Alleybux
Pastor’s daughter or not - I’m always curious as to why people need homes this big.

You’re probably only going to use about 50% of the space. Other than an external status symbol, what’s the point?
If you had a multigenerational family of ten plus and t least three or four working adults I can see this working. If not it’s a waste of space and utilities. I know a well off Mexican family in one of the Dallas suburbs that has three homes on the same lot, about 15k square feet. It is so cool to be there and see all thirty something of them together. A family if less than 5 in that much space makes no sense to me. You’re just avoiding each other all day.

Belizean

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
406 25 23
Alleybux
Real talk, but I lost respect for TD Jakes and his preaching if he couldn't even keep his own daughter for becoming pregnant at 14!!

14!!

I agree. He was out preaching to everybody else, who was watching his children.

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,741 9,345 4,310
Alleybux
Ya'll remember when T.D. Jakes' son got in trouble for masturbating in public? That had to be like ten years ago.

Now we're seeing his teen daughter had a baby out of wedlock? It's bad enough it was out of wedlock but she was a teen parent too? I don't much care about her success story. She got T.D. Jakes as a father. So what if she "worked hard". Name anyone you know who "worked hard" and just bought a couple million dollar mansion. I have fam with money whom aren't doing anywhere near that. I'm trying to understand what point he ought to be held accountable because clearly he didn't do that good of a job raising his children. I believe it was shortly after his son got caught that I stopped listening to him. And I don't bother with a lot of pastors that point me towards him either. It's one thing to talk about the Lord. It's another to preach but it's a whole different ball game to live it. I'd rather be taught by a man that is clearly living the life of a man of God then someone like T.D. Jakes.

There are all sorts of threads about him on this site.

Here's one that talks about him and how much he charged just to roll up to a church. This thread alone made me think of him entirely differently.

Ms Mary Mack

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,722 245 236
Alleybux
The blatant favoritism for Sarah always weirded me out. And T.D. Jakes seems to be blind about how blatant it looks.

Hmmm. Cora always pegged me as the favorite but I digress.
I think T.D. Jake's respects Sara's independence and hustle. I mean it makes him look good.

Lol. Face palm. I just realized this thread is almost a year old.

Last edited:

before you do

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,142 242 488
Alleybux

14!!

Sarah is fast as a young girl she a great communicator hence books and motivational speaking engagements

Nouraj

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
27,220 888 1,533
Alleybux
y’all know this money came from a few nearly blind aunties struggling to get by ... it’s like these preachers are mocking us.

Rising Fast

Abundant
Reaction score
Reactions
44,460 1,594 2,102
Alleybux
Whew y’all are awfully bitter. All this smoke for a rich preacher but have no problem with the lavish lives these drug dealing rappers are living. BACKWARDS.
The Jakes family have robbed NO ONE. Marinate on that while you hate on them.

the blessings of the lord maketh rich and add no sorrow. Some of y’all have a problem with that. Yikes.

suzanne

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
229,935 8,538 5,079
Alleybux

Perhaps, it's because she messed up and had a child early so he might feel he has to be "extra-loving" towards her so she doesn't feel inadequate. Sometimes, parents turn their focus more to the black sheep of the family, while the rest are ignored. It happens.

Anatwyla

my booty opened a portal to success
Reaction score
Reactions
189,871 4,705 804
Alleybux
Whew y’all are awfully bitter. All this smoke for a rich preacher but have no problem with the lavish lives these drug dealing rappers are living. BACKWARDS.
The Jakes family have robbed NO ONE. Marinate on that while you hate on them.

the blessings of the lord maketh rich and add no sorrow. Some of y’all have a problem with that. Yikes.

Yall keep saying this but it's not true. Every single thread of some rapper flexing is full of criticism! Yes we do have the same smoke for both! It's even worse though with these church folk, who claim to live by the Bible and tell other people how they should be living their lives. Gluttony is a sin as much as they consider homosexuality a sin (all sins are equal right?) But you won't see them trying and praying to be "delivered from" THAT.

These rich pastors and such aren't directly STEALING from people, we know that. It's the mental manipulation of people using religion to ultimately make money.

At the very least, it's tacky.

ReginaeGeorg

Get in loser. We’re going shopping.
Reaction score
Reactions
40,982 1,289 417
Alleybux
I hope she guts the inside because it’s giving 2002 but congrats to her.

Som1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,944 1,787 1,405
Alleybux
Sarah has authored a number of books and WORKS HARD travelling all over and motivating other women. She overcame a teen pregnancy and the 'fast/rebellious' stigma of a mega pastor's daughter. Her work ethic is unmatched.

She isn't 'conning' anyone, any more than Oprah is.

Good for her.
Oprah isn't doing it in the name of God though...