Take This Quiz and it will Reveal The Home-Cooked Recipe You're Craving

banksy212

Triggering fonts like fleas on a Cl*t,
Reaction score
Reactions
99,238 6,178 2,312
Alleybux

Creamy, Spicy Miso Ramen

It's creamy, it's spicy, it's packed with umami, and it can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. This recipe happens to be meatless, but you can always add your favorite protein and even more veggies.

DDDFE11C-2B5C-4E1B-8374-253929BCE8D6.jpeg

AreYouOK

like, meow and stuffs
Reaction score
Reactions
25,736 657
Alleybux
I got:

French Onion Chicken
What happens when you take classic French onion soup and smother all of those delicious ingredients over roast chicken? Well, the result is pretty spectacular. Say goodbye to boring chicken and say hello to your new favorite winter meal. Get the recipe for French onion chicken here.

BLKBAMBI

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,813 14,249 10,377
Alleybux
You got: Carne Asada Tacos
These craveworthy tacos begin with flank steak that gets marinated in jalapeño, garlic, citrus, and lots of spices. Serve the tender meat in tortillas with all of your favorite taco toppings. Get the recipe for carne asada tacos here.

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,666 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
I got Butternut Squash Pasta With Sausage and Goat Cheese
Your ideal comforting meal includes pasta, tender winter squash, spicy crumbled sausage, and, of course, lots and lots of creamy goat cheese. Best of all, this perfect winter pasta comes together in one skillet. Get the recipe for butternut squash pasta with sausage and goat cheese here.

I got the same thing. In my pre-vegan days, I would have definitely eaten that...pushing most of the squash to the side.

AreYouOK

like, meow and stuffs
Reaction score
Reactions
25,736 657
Alleybux
I might have to look up this recipe.

Here's the link:

French Onion Chicken​

• SERVES: 6
  • PREP TIME: 15 min
  • COOK TIME: 1 hr 15 min
  • CALORIES: 762

Ingredients​

• 3 lbsChicken thighs, bone-in skin-on (at least 6 thighs)
  • 2 tspSalt, divided
  • 1 tspBlack pepper, divided
  • ¼ cupOlive oil, divided
  • 3Medium onions, sliced into ¼ inch rings (about 4 cups)
  • 2 tbspButter
  • 1/4 tspNutmeg
  • 4Sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1Bay leaf
  • 2Garlic cloves thinly sliced
  • ¾ cupDry white wine (like sauvignon blanc)
  • 2 cupsBeef stock
  • 8 ozGruyère or comté cheese, grated

Method​

1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the salt and ½ teaspoon of the black pepper.
  3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium, high heat. Add in chicken, skin side down, and cook, undisturbed until browned about 5-7 minutes. Turn chicken and repeat on other side for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
  4. In the same pan add in remaining olive oil and reduce heat to medium/low. Add onions and cover for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook the onions, stirring often, until a nice golden brown color is achieved. The caramelization process should take about 25 minutes, don’t rush it.
  5. Once the onions are caramel in color add butter, nutmeg, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
  6. Increase heat to high and add wine. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 3-5 minutes.
  7. Add beef stock, bring to a simmer and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
  8. Remove thyme and bay leaf and add chicken back into the onions. Bake on center rack of preheated oven for 15 minutes.
  9. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and place back in the oven under the broiler. Watch carefully so your cheese doesn’t burn.

**Serve immediately with crusty bread and maybe even mashed potatoes.
    Note: This recipe works just as well with boneless skinless thighs and breasts if that is your preference.

AreYouOK

like, meow and stuffs
Reaction score
Reactions
25,736 657
Alleybux
Butternut Squash Pasta With Sausage and Goat Cheese
Your ideal comforting meal includes pasta, tender winter squash, spicy crumbled sausage, and, of course, lots and lots of creamy goat cheese. Best of all, this perfect winter pasta comes together in one skillet.

View attachment 2457629

I am going to try this recipe once I get some goat cheese on my next grocery run! I want to skip the sausage though... wonder if the plant based product would taste just as good or if it would the wrong texture like ground beef.

Eminem

Slim Shady
Reaction score
Reactions
169,077 10,079 5,127
Alleybux
Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
You have adventurous taste and you enjoy trying new things. Excite your stomach and keep things cozy with this Asian-inspired cauliflower. It's baked until crispy and then tossed in a sticky sesame sauce. Oh, and it's totally vegan...but you probably wouldn't even notice

AreYouOK

like, meow and stuffs
Reaction score
Reactions
25,736 657
Alleybux
You have adventurous taste and you enjoy trying new things. Excite your stomach and keep things cozy with this Asian-inspired cauliflower. It's baked until crispy and then tossed in a sticky sesame sauce. Oh, and it's totally vegan...but you probably wouldn't even notice

This sounds pretty good - I've got some frozen cauliflower bites I'll try with the sticky sauce.

Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Recipe (Gluten free Vegan)​

Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr

Ingredients​

Sesame Soy Sauce:​

• 2 tsp. sesame oil
  • 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
  • 2 cloves of garlic , minced
  • 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup (78.86 ml) maple syrup
  • 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp sriracha
  • 2 tsp cornstarch or 1.5 tsp tapioca starch
  • 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) cold water

Cauliflower:​

• 1/2 cup rice flour
  • 3 tbsp tapioca or corn starch.
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • dash of black pepper and cayenne
  • 1/2 cup (118.29 ml) water
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 (265 g) small head of cauliflower , chopped into equal size florets
  • Garnish: sesame seeds and scallions

Instructions​

• Sticky Sesame Sauce: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Cook the garlic ginger for a minute. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple and bring to boil. Mix cornstarch in the water and add this cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil to thicken, Take off heat.
  • Cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 425 deg F ( 220 C). Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment. In a large bowl add the dry ingredients for the batter and whisk well. Add the wet ingredients and min until smooth.
  • Add the cauliflower and mix to coat. This batter keeps thickening as it sits, so mix and toss quickly.
  • Transfer to the the lined baking sheet. and bake for 30 mins. Make the sticky sauce in the meanwhile if you havent yet.
  • Once baked, you can do one of the following:

1. Brush the sauce over the cauliflower florets and bake for additional 10 to 15 mins (time depends on how crisp and sticky you want the sauce)

2. Wait for a few mins then transfer the florets to the sauce. Mix gently to coat. Serve immediately or transfer to the baking sheet to bake for 10 to 15 mins.
  • Sprinkle black and white sesame seeds and chopped scallions and serve as is, or over rice or in lettuce wraps!

Reaction score
Reactions
15,474 351 156
Alleybux
French Onion Chicken
What happens when you take classic French onion soup and smother all of those delicious ingredients over roast chicken? Well, the result is pretty spectacular. Say goodbye to boring chicken and say hello to your new favorite winter meal.

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,666 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
I guess I'm a bit weird as the squash sounds delicious lol

Oh, that's not weird. I just don't like winter squash.

That actually sounds good!

Harriet_Thugman

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,536 1,743 286
Alleybux

AreYouOK

like, meow and stuffs
Reaction score
Reactions
25,736 657
Alleybux
The Creamy Polenta.

I feel like that guy on the commercial asking "what's a kweeno?" I've never had polenta before - anyone tried it and liked it?

Creamy Polenta with Mushrooms and Burrata

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONShttps://mandytanner.com/creamy-polenta-with-mushrooms-and-burrata/

Polenta

Mushrooms

For serving

NOTES

Polenta cooking times will vary. I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic Polenta.
https://mandytanner.com/creamy-polenta-with-mushrooms-and-burrata/

Leo The Lion

Roaaaar!!
Reaction score
Reactions
171,151 5,126 2,375
Alleybux
I feel like that guy on the commercial asking "what's a kweeno?" I've never had polenta before - anyone tried it and liked it?

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONShttps://mandytanner.com/creamy-polenta-with-mushrooms-and-burrata/

Polenta

Mushrooms

For serving

NOTES

Polenta cooking times will vary. I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic Polenta.
It's similar to Grits.