Quantcast

Tall women!! Wearing heels??

poppyxseed

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,260 59 7
Alleybux
For the tall women that get male attention, how often does it happen? I’m tall and thin and I rarely get male attention when I’m out in public. Even when I’m on point especially if I’m with a shorter woman. I get A LOT of attention online though and that’s why I’m starting to believe it’s my height. I’m 5”9

I'm also tall and thin and I can relate! I get way more attention online, but in person not as much! Apart from the weird guys that I can tell just don't care about rejection and probably approach anyone. And Black men.
My best friend is 5'4 (we're told we look like tall/short twins) and if we're together, shorter guys are more likely to approach her. But other than that, theres really no difference.
Though one thing I notice is I stay getting compliments from women. I'm in college, and girls will always stop and tell me that I'm beautiful or they like my style. Another thing I've noticed are guys are more likely to flirt with me when I'm in a position that makes me automatically more approachable, aka customer service jobs or volunteering. It seems like it's easier for guys to show interest when they have an excuse to talk to you. So my guess is intimidation when it comes to every day life.

Last edited:

KandyQueen

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I am only 5 feet 6. I can definitely relate to all of this. I used to be the sh!t from 2003-2005. I even had males trying to get with me all the time in 2006. When social media started to become popular in the year of 2007, things had started to change. I hate being so tall. Almost all women are shorter than me. Most males are either shorter than me, my exact height, or no more than 1-3 inches taller than me. When I was younger, males use to extremely tower over me. I am like 1-2 inches centimers taller than my sister who is 2 years & 4 months older than I am. My brother is 6 feet 3 while my father is like 6 feet-6 feet 1. My mother is light skin & is 5 feet 4. I would have really felt like a giant if my brother & father was not in the house. Thank you all for making these threads.

Ethereal Spirit

Black girls do it better
Reaction score
Reactions
192,842 6,681 8,083
Alleybux
How are some of y'all letting height stop you from wearing heels? I remember wearing heels to school regularly even when I was in high school, and I was actually one of the tallest girls in my graduating class. I remember we were arranged by height for our high school graduation, and I was probably the fourth to last girl to get my diploma.
There is nothing wrong with standing out. Why would anyone want to be unremarkable/unnoticeable and blend in? I rarely wear heels now because I usually have nowhere to wear them, but you best believe I will bust those heels out when I need to stunt on some heauxs lol.

BrunchBoot

Your lunch is ready
Reaction score
Reactions
28,329 997 378
Alleybux
How are some of y'all letting height stop you from wearing heels? I remember wearing heels to school regularly even when I was in high school, and I was actually one of the tallest girls in my graduating class. I remember we were arranged by height for our high school graduation, and I was probably the fourth to last girl to get my diploma.
There is nothing wrong with standing out. Why would anyone want to be unremarkable/unnoticeable and blend in?
That sounds great, but it’s really easier said than done. Most people don’t want to be different & most people aren’t the kindest to those who are different.

It just takes time to fully embrace & be confident, & it takes some longer than others. Everyone wants what they can’t have.

Ethereal Spirit

Black girls do it better
Reaction score
Reactions
192,842 6,681 8,083
Alleybux
That sounds great, but it’s really easier said than done. Most people don’t want to be different & most people aren’t the kindest to those who are different.

It just takes time to fully embrace & be confident, & it takes some longer than others. Everyone wants what they can’t have.

If you are confident in yourself then the opinions of others will be insignificant to you. I think a lot of tall women view their height more negatively than other people do but as they say, we are our own worst critic.

Cappi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,868 2,907 5,508
Alleybux
Hey Lsa, I’m 5’9 & my favorite shoes are heels.

But sometimes I definitely feel like I was cursed with this height, & don’t ever feel comfortable in them. Most time I am the tallest girl in a social settings (damn near the tallest person, even guys are short where I am or the same height as me) So when I wear heels I can feel uncomfortable. But I LOVE them. I want to start wearing them all the time but not feel so weird.

Any tall women that wear heels frequently?? How did you feel comfortable? Are you usually the tallest person when you have them on?? Do guys still approach? Any tips on just not giving a fµck about it??

I honestly wish I had other tall friends, that would maybe make me feel a little more comfortable. But I’m always the tallest girl, and Ik 5’9 is tall but I didn’t even think it was THAT tall, ugh. It definitely takes a toll on my self esteem sometimes

any tips on how you rock your heels and how you built up your confidence to do so?

thank you!
I’m 5’11 and wear heels . I’m usually the tallest women in the room with heels and I love and embrace it . I get compliments all the time especially about my height ,they all think I’m a model and I love it lol.

#longlegsdontcare

sharonephone

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
39 1
Alleybux
5'8 and, in non-COVID times, always rocked 4" heels. Makes my legs look good! I have a lot of shorter friends but have just gotten used to it. Plus, as another poster said, if men are intimidated, it's probably not the man you would be interested in.

amazondupe

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
157 21 34
Alleybux
Hey Lsa, I’m 5’9 & my favorite shoes are heels.

But sometimes I definitely feel like I was cursed with this height, & don’t ever feel comfortable in them. Most time I am the tallest girl in a social settings (damn near the tallest person, even guys are short where I am or the same height as me) So when I wear heels I can feel uncomfortable. But I LOVE them. I want to start wearing them all the time but not feel so weird.

Any tall women that wear heels frequently?? How did you feel comfortable? Are you usually the tallest person when you have them on?? Do guys still approach? Any tips on just not giving a fµck about it??

I honestly wish I had other tall friends, that would maybe make me feel a little more comfortable. But I’m always the tallest girl, and Ik 5’9 is tall but I didn’t even think it was THAT tall, ugh. It definitely takes a toll on my self esteem sometimes

any tips on how you rock your heels and how you built up your confidence to do so?

thank you!
girl you rock those heels because i’m sure you look amazing and tall is beautiful

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

Top Bottom