Quantcast

Tamar Braxton Was Making $75,000 Per Episode On TV Show, Accused of Stiffing Agents

Absolvo

ancora imparo
Reaction score
Reactions
415,666 15,300 1,573
Alleybux
owmwalotpw59siv1xlcn.jpg

Tamar Braxton is being sued by her agents who claim the reality star is refusing to pay their commissions on the HUGE salary she receives on the new show, 'Get Ya Life.'

According to new legal documents, obtained by The Blast, Tamar was sued in L.A. County Court for allegedly stiffing her agents on massive commissions they claim to be owed on several projects including a giant 75,000 per episode fee she gets for her new reality show.

In the lawsuit, Pantheon Talent Group claims they are owed 10 percent of everything Braxton makes on the show -- including several others like 'To Catch a Beautician' and 'Hip Hop Squares.'

According to the lawsuit, the company claims in 2016 they entered into an "oral contract" with Tamar Braxton to represent the reality star as her talent agents and were to receive 10 percent of anything she made on television.

The suit says the company "procured employment" for Braxton to appear on a new docu-series called "Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life!" which they negotiated and entered into a contract at the monster fee of $75,000 per episode. If correct, the companies take would be $7,500 in connection with any episode of the show.

At this point, the company accuses Braxton of stiffing them on the payments.

The company also claims they negotiated another huge deal for the reality star to appear on "To Catch a Beautician" which she earns $30,000 per episode as the host of the program.

Again, they accuse Braxton of not paying them the $3,000 for each time she appeared on the show. As for 'Hip Hop Squares' the price was $17,350 and a few other spots they claim to have helped her snag in the TV business.

All together, Pantheon claims they are owed over six figures in commissions and only filed a lawsuit as a 'last resort.'

In the filing, the company accuses Tamar Braxton of "inexplicably turning her back on Pantheon and the contributions it made to help propel her career." Adding, "Instead she has brazenly chosen to flatly ignore" their request for payment.

As we reported, Tamar blasted producers of the reality show along with the other highly successful show, 'Braxton Family Values' for exploiting a tragic event in her life for profit. We broke the story, the reality star was rushed to a hospital after an apparent suicide attempt involving alcohol and prescription medication. We're also told Tamar was VERY upset at the editing on 'Get Ya Life!' and how it portrayed her life.

We have reached out to Braxton's reps, so far no comment.

Tamar Braxton Was Making $75,000 Per Episode On TV Show, Accused of Stiffing Agents

MsWill

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,761 2,201 3,470
Alleybux
owmwalotpw59siv1xlcn.jpg

Tamar Braxton is being sued by her agents who claim the reality star is refusing to pay their commissions on the HUGE salary she receives on the new show, 'Get Ya Life.'

According to new legal documents, obtained by The Blast, Tamar was sued in L.A. County Court for allegedly stiffing her agents on massive commissions they claim to be owed on several projects including a giant 75,000 per episode fee she gets for her new reality show.

In the lawsuit, Pantheon Talent Group claims they are owed 10 percent of everything Braxton makes on the show -- including several others like 'To Catch a Beautician' and 'Hip Hop Squares.'

According to the lawsuit, the company claims in 2016 they entered into an "oral contract" with Tamar Braxton to represent the reality star as her talent agents and were to receive 10 percent of anything she made on television.

The suit says the company "procured employment" for Braxton to appear on a new docu-series called "Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life!" which they negotiated and entered into a contract at the monster fee of $75,000 per episode. If correct, the companies take would be $7,500 in connection with any episode of the show.

At this point, the company accuses Braxton of stiffing them on the payments.

The company also claims they negotiated another huge deal for the reality star to appear on "To Catch a Beautician" which she earns $30,000 per episode as the host of the program.

Again, they accuse Braxton of not paying them the $3,000 for each time she appeared on the show. As for 'Hip Hop Squares' the price was $17,350 and a few other spots they claim to have helped her snag in the TV business.

All together, Pantheon claims they are owed over six figures in commissions and only filed a lawsuit as a 'last resort.'

In the filing, the company accuses Tamar Braxton of "inexplicably turning her back on Pantheon and the contributions it made to help propel her career." Adding, "Instead she has brazenly chosen to flatly ignore" their request for payment.

As we reported, Tamar blasted producers of the reality show along with the other highly successful show, 'Braxton Family Values' for exploiting a tragic event in her life for profit. We broke the story, the reality star was rushed to a hospital after an apparent suicide attempt involving alcohol and prescription medication. We're also told Tamar was VERY upset at the editing on 'Get Ya Life!' and how it portrayed her life.

We have reached out to Braxton's reps, so far no comment.

This woman has no talent. And she is not a good person.

Lisa Kahn

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
7,170 18 7
Alleybux
I read this story somewhere already. It could've been here, I don't know.
But the gist of the story is that the agent is lame as hell for not getting a written contract. And also what was said is that Tamar got those jobs primarily from networking so the agency wasn't actually involved.
I know Tamar will most likely get dragged on here because of her antics, but the truth is if no contact can be produced then she doesn't owe them anything.

Casmira

I’m Bold, Beautiful and Free
Reaction score
Reactions
114,185 3,125 1,674
Alleybux
Are they just starting out and relied on a spit on the hand handshake agreement? Cos i can think of no other explanation for that huge newbie mistake.

The Owl

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,876 27 8
Alleybux
An Oral contract with a member of the frequently bankrupt Braxton family?? May I suggest these toons by Alanis Morissette to comfort these trusting souls?

f19df0d9-1b95-46b2-9f71-8c4f9436374f_1024.jpg

Fantasia12456

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,157 2,080 968
Alleybux
People are still doing oral agreements? That's crazy! I could understand if something was written through e-mail, or text message, but oral? Only a moron plays with their money, and reputation like that.

TruestLovely

TruestLovely, Lovelyyellow
Reaction score
Reactions
29,331 630 1,021
Alleybux
Didnt her and her ex play her sisters for the bfv theme song also? Oh Tamar. She has a lot of work to do to redeem her character.

Also the dude she was David? Or the man with the locs was a good guy. His problem was not realizing she was bats#it crazy.

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,674 11,987 332
Alleybux
if someone was getting me 30-75k just to appear on one episode i'd happily give them 10% so they can keep on doing what they're doing for me!

PrincessCarolyn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,840 792 629
Alleybux
So you expect me to believe you negotiated these big money deals but left your payment up to a pinky promise??? I don't believe you.

Bobby Goren

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
64,692 1,306 539
Alleybux
That’s a lot of money; and she still always looked cheap and never well put together!

And the agent is stupid for not getting a signed contract! Poor that!!

Fantasia12456

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,157 2,080 968
Alleybux
That’s a lot of money; and she still always looked cheap and never well put together!

She never looked good at all! With all that money, she could have at least hired Cardi B's hairstylist, and a new wardrobe stylist. What was she doing with all that money? Now I see why David was trying to control her during the whole duration of the show. He wanted a piece of the pie to.

Reaction score
Reactions
9,533 146 71
Alleybux
I read this story somewhere already. It could've been here, I don't know.
But the gist of the story is that the agent is lame as hell for not getting a written contract. And also what was said is that Tamar got those jobs primarily from networking so the agency wasn't actually involved.
I know Tamar will most likely get dragged on here because of her antics, but the truth is if no contact can be produced then she doesn't owe them anything.

If anyone knows anything about contract law, they would know that a verbal contract is legally blinding provided that there is an offer and acceptance. A contract does not have to be in writing.

ariesgirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,749 212 195
Alleybux
Well, this is why most people get it in writing. Easier to prove. No need to make your life harder than necessary

Happy Hippie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
if someone was getting me 30-75k just to appear on one episode i'd happily give them 10% so they can keep on doing what they're doing for me!

10% - 15% No problem.

Here you go my dearest Friend! LOLLLL

- I like your Business style!!!!!

delicious11

Na me sabi!
Reaction score
Reactions
70,055 5,051 5,721
Alleybux
10% - 15% No problem.

Here you go my dearest Friend! LOLLLL

- I like your Business style!!!!!

That's not a a lot when you take into account income and state taxes. Plus living a celebrity lifestyle in California is not cheap so what is left will not go far.

gumbo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,203 1,437 331
Alleybux
I dont believe that she makes that much for these shows. No sympathy for a management company that doesn't have contracts

Latishadar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,001 2,276 1,010
Alleybux
OK I got legitimate sympathy for anybody who is mistreated by their workplace and for any mental illness related suffering they endure as a result of that.

HOWEVER !!! How you do all of that complaining talking bout Wetv like demons who do you so wrong and YET they paying you $75k per episode !!

And OK sure money doesn’t solve everything but sh!t I’m still yet to understand what they did so wrong to Tamar other than filming her life during a time that was dark and difficult.......?

And see I find it hard to believe had Tamar said u know what cameras down I’m done with the show - end the entire deal including the $75k per ep pay rate y’all can keep that my sanity more important, etc. that the producers would not have left. She was probably trying to be greedy and have it both ways - no more show but I need my money type thing.

21andover

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,984 4,047 1,603
Alleybux
Tamar should pay up. I can’t believe she was acting like she is poor and getting $75k per show on Get Ya Life.

jjbaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,248 981 167
Alleybux
OK I got legitimate sympathy for anybody who is mistreated by their workplace and for any mental illness related suffering they endure as a result of that.

HOWEVER !!! How you do all of that complaining talking bout Wetv like demons who do you so wrong and YET they paying you $75k per episode !!

And OK sure money doesn’t solve everything but sh!t I’m still yet to understand what they did so wrong to Tamar other than filming her life during a time that was dark and difficult.......?

And see I find it hard to believe had Tamar said u know what cameras down I’m done with the show - end the entire deal including the $75k per ep pay rate y’all can keep that my sanity more important, etc. that the producers would not have left. She was probably trying to be greedy and have it both ways - no more show but I need my money type thing.
In the statement WeTv made about releasing her, they stated she was the second highest paid person in their network's history, behind Toni.

Caramel1987

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,154 417 102
Alleybux
I aint lyin! I dont even have $3,000 in my bank account. sh!t if i was paid that I wouldnt know how to act

THA K

Thinbalina
Reaction score
Reactions
7,096 342 59
Alleybux
Who does "oral contracts" in 2016 and on?

Handshakes don't work anymore.

I mean that's basics

QueenoftheAk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,208 941 419
Alleybux
Wetv should sue the ish out of Tamar. I can't believe they paid her 75k per episode only for her to sabotage the show and production at every turn. She clearly breached her contract with We and whoever is responsible for securing that kind of money for her deserves to be paid and tipped. Tamar is a perfect example of how a person's attitude, behavior and the way they treat others can block their blessings.