Quantcast

Tasha Didn't Deserve This Ending

The Supreme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,841 1,269 589
Alleybux
Am I the only one who really disliked Ghost character?
I felt he was a narcissist and the writers were trying their hardest to convince the audience that he was the good guy.

He was charming and so calculated in the beginning. He was selfish but only because no one else seemed to see any potential for him besides being a dope dealer. I think once he finally felt he made himself “legit” without the support of his wife and best friend that they turned his ego up 10000%. His development was flawed greatly by the poor writing.

The Supreme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,841 1,269 589
Alleybux
This! Im mad at how Tasha ended up (she was far from my favorite but still)

But all I keep thinking is, this IS 50 Cent's show. He has an abnormal amount of hate for his oldest son and the mother. Even though he's not a writer, I'm sure he had some say in making these character portrayals what they were, and I'm sure he imposed his own issues into a lot of this storyline, particularly.

Bruh I never thought of this but DAMN it makes so much sense. I’d bet money that this is definitely a result of his bitter experience with his BM and his son. He always talks about how she filled his head with x, y, and z. This makes me rethink how he gunned down his son (Kanan/Shawn) on the show too. Wowwww.

giphy.gif

Daisy Pillough

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,163 638 621
Alleybux
This is the main reason why I stopped watching. CK never did right by Tasha, from the very first episode. She had a real life hard on for Angela for whatever reason because she never suffered any consequences for her actions like the other characters did.

This show used to be so good. fµck them spinoffs, too.

ApolloniaSix

You Can Never Be Too Thin or Too Rich
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
33,453 2,918 2,342
Alleybux
50 hates black women. The way they did Tasha was so racist and stereotypical and OP your sentiments are echoed even amongst men I’ve talked to about the show. I feel bad for Naturi to have to humiliate herself like that in the name of having a career; that on top of 50 posting her edges side by side with a monster...just weeks before the finale let’s me know it was some bulls hit. Then these Vibe covers that shove her to the side. Smh

Krazy Godyss

Laughing at the Leftovers
Reaction score
Reactions
38,963 690 416
Alleybux
Since 50 sh!t wanna know why Gayle trying to bring down Black Men ask him why he trying to bring down Black Women.

CA Girl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
570,524 106,079 7,274
Alleybux
Can someone tell me what happened to the following and add additional characters:

Keisha- dead
Kannon- dead
Dre-dead
Silver- dead
Angela-dead
Ghost- dead
Tasha- jail
Tariq-
Tommy-
Sax-

Tariq- went to college.
Tommy- moved to California.
Saxe- got his job back and a promotion.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,637 45 49
Alleybux
Can someone tell me what happened to the following and add additional characters:

Keisha- dead
Kannon- dead
Dre-dead
Silver- dead
Angela-dead
Ghost- dead
Tasha- jail
Tariq-
Tommy-
Sax-
Tariq- went to college.
Tommy- moved to California.
Saxe- got his job back and a promotion.

How long did tasha get? And what they pinch her for??Damn and what happened to Tasha baby Yaz? *grabbing handfuls of popcorn*

KatishaBowBow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,364 397 294
Alleybux
I agree with everything in the OP and really felt the hate for black women with that ending. Finale was crap.

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
I wish I could rewind the time and have Tasha not help Ghost kill Lobos and Milan. He needed her and she came through. She was even sending sweet messages to Angela so he'd have an alibi. In the end she got nothing. Tasha came through in the clutch for James. Gave him ideas to get him out of sticky situations. She should have said "nope! You figure it out since you're such a mastermind and you got where you are with no help from me and Tommy."

chumbawumba

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,749 730 206
Alleybux
Here is the thing for me, I have no problem with character deconstruction but, don't piss on me and call it rain.

CK and all that "Tasha is the last person standing, Tasha was the 1st to speak and the last to speak, Tasha became selfless" is bµllsh!t. Tasha had a horrible ending. Tommy is still standing although he should be dead. Saxe still has a job. Angie is a patron saint in death, Ghost is still screwing Tasha over from the grave. Then she tried to use the fact that Tasha & Tariq plotted to kill Ghost as the reason why he wrote her out the will...as if Ghost knew about that plan!

Tasha is calculating but she was never that damn dumb to frame a man who she didn't have all eyes on at all times. We were never given a reason as to why Tariq didn't tell Tasha about his deal with Saxe to frame Dre for the murder of Ghost. I mean come on! None of that made sense.

Honestly, when I watch Power Confidential, I feel like they are in another universe from me. CK is not a genius, the writing of the show fell apart when it was obvious she was picking favorite characters and getting them out of impossible jams because she wanted to continue their storylines.

ApolloniaSix

You Can Never Be Too Thin or Too Rich
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
33,453 2,918 2,342
Alleybux
Here is the thing for me, I have no problem with character deconstruction but, don't piss on me and call it rain.

CK and all that "Tasha is the last person standing, Tasha was the 1st to speak and the last to speak, Tasha became selfless" is bµllsh!t. Tasha had a horrible ending. Tommy is still standing although he should be dead. Saxe still has a job. Angie is a patron saint in death, Ghost is still screwing Tasha over from the grave. Then she tried to use the fact that Tasha & Tariq plotted to kill Ghost as the reason why he wrote her out the will...as if Ghost knew about that plan!

Tasha is calculating but she was never that damn dumb to frame a man who she didn't have all eyes on at all times. We were never given a reason as to why Tariq didn't tell Tasha about his deal with Saxe to frame Dre for the murder of Ghost. I mean come on! None of that made sense.

Honestly, when I watch Power Confidential, I feel like they are in another universe from me. CK is not a genius, the writing of the show fell apart when it was obvious she was picking favorite characters and getting them out of impossible jams because she wanted to continue their storylines.
Omg I agree. To me on the final power confidential she even seemed a little rude with Naturi. They reduced her to a xes fiend and virtual idiot. Once tommy put a gun to her head I thought, “welp there go the neighborhood.”

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
243,792 6,061 2,384
Alleybux
All this talk about the show downplaying Naturi's character's beauty in favor of her rock-faced rival piqued my curiosity enough to look them up.

Frankly, I'm not seeing "runway" looks from that other one. Granted, none of the hair or looks that I Googled of either one set the world ablaze, but Naturi's character's beauty >>>>> that hard-faced chick's supposed glamazon lookx.

LaGrandeDame

Where Surry County Lives
Reaction score
Reactions
243,792 6,061 2,384
Alleybux
All this talk about the show downplaying Naturi's character's beauty in favor of her rock-faced rival piqued my curiosity enough to look them up.

Frankly, I'm not seeing "runway" looks from that other one. Granted, none of the hair or looks that I Googled of either one set the world ablaze, but Naturi's character's beauty >>>>> that hard-faced chick's supposed glamazon looks.

Cersei L

Don't want my $hit to get soggy
Reaction score
Reactions
125,569 4,357 2,396
Alleybux
I wish I could rewind the time and have Tasha not help Ghost kill Lobos and Milan. He needed her and she came through. She was even sending sweet messages to Angela so he'd have an alibi. In the end she got nothing. Tasha came through in the clutch for James. Gave him ideas to get him out of sticky situations. She should have said "nope! You figure it out since you're such a mastermind and you got where you are with no help from me and Tommy."

Even this season. It was her idea to rob Truth.

Issagthang

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,805 494 495
Alleybux
If she would’ve stopped coddling tyriq Raina would still be alive. I agree with everything except how they raised their kids. All of this could’ve been avoided if they were honest from the beginning.

Cersei L

Reaction score
Reactions
125,569 4,357 2,396
Alleybux
If she would’ve stopped coddling tyriq Raina would still be alive. I agree with everything except how they raised their kids. All of this could’ve been avoided if they were honest from the beginning.

No I think she nor Ghost were paying attention. She wasn't coddling him.

Oh Hunny

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,125 214 237
Alleybux
No really...what in the world was that mess of a final episode??

Ok this has to be said: the way the one black woman lead on the show - Tasha - was done so vile throughout all of the seasons, but the treatment of her worsened during this final season and she was basically put in "the evil character who gets punished" role was extremely disappointing, to say the least.

A list of how she was done wrong:
- First of all, they put so little effort into her appearance on the show. Literally had the worst hair at all times (how does Tamika - a supporting character who makes an appearance every once in a while, get a better weave than her??), the most bland makeup, and was always wearing the same black outfit, jacket, and shoes in every episode.

- Portrayed as the headache-inducing, bitter ex-wife and morally corrupt mom unprovoked & as if there's absolutely no causation behind her actions or the way she felt.

- The way they made her out to be some fool to randomly pin Ghost's death on Quentin, in the end, wasn't realistic AT ALL. Dre was going to be blamed already and anyone who has been watching since Season 1 knows that Tasha is a calculated woman who wouldn't do anything random & life jeopardizing such as that.

- The way they let Ghost constantly berate her... verbally, mentally, and even physically. Especially in the last epi when he called her a "half smart chicken head" & implied that she'll always be a hood booger was disgusting

- The fact that she got no inheritance whatsoever for all of the years she dedicated to carrying, birthing, and raising Ghost's children, as well as covering multiple times for his selfish a$$, and enduring his cheating shenanigans: unamused:

- The fact that she was the one who went to jail (out of allll the dirty characters in this show) and of course they just really had to show that humiliating process of her having to pull off her wig, her lashes, and sobbing in agony

- Let's also mention the fact that people are crucifying her & blaming her for the way Ghost turned out because she made 1 comment in Season 1 ("you'll be the best dr*g dealer in NYC") as if that's not what his a$$ wanted for years, as if that's not the dream he sold to her when they first met, and as if she was "hOlDiNg hIm BaCk" from going legit as they love to say:sneaky:. Yeah right, we all know that Ghost will do whatever he wants to do on his own terms & no one has ever held him back so the blame being put on primarily Tasha is outright dishonest

- I could go on but I'll stop here...

I truly think that there's something wrong with Courtney. I expected more from a fellow BW producer, but she failed and I don't believe one word of her fake deep justification about this poorly executed ending for Tasha. Yes, Tasha wasn't perfect but she deserved better than this.

OMG how I thought something happened to Toxic K lmfao

mocahontas

☽☆☽
Reaction score
Reactions
72,419 1,399 221
Alleybux

Quoting for emphasis!! Perfectly said:emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap:

bonbonsoto

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,483 298 104
Alleybux
I see Black men on twitter trying to make themselves feel better about Ghost being dead and leaving his money to his murderer by taking jabs at Tasha. It looks like she'll be getting out of prison anyway.

xxMYSTiCxx

Mindstate Is Flowing
Reaction score
Reactions
66,018 403 558
Alleybux
That ending was some bµllsh!t, I hope Tasha gets out of jail in Book 2. CK stay on some bs, that sh!t with Q did not make fµck!ng SENSE at all.

mocahontas

☽☆☽
Reaction score
Reactions
72,419 1,399 221
Alleybux
That ending was some bµllsh!t, I hope Tasha gets out of jail in Book 2. CK stay on some bs, that sh!t with Q did not make fµck!ng SENSE at all.

Is Book 2 a continuation of the series?

I thought all of the spin-offs were going to be rewinding time & showing them when they were younger

CA Girl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
570,524 106,079 7,274
Alleybux

Keisha- dead
Kannon- dead
Dre-dead
Silver- dead
Angela-dead
Ghost- dead
Tasha- jail
Tariq-
Tommy-
Sax-

How long did tasha get? And what they pinch her for??Damn and what happened to Tasha baby Yaz? *grabbing handfuls of popcorn*

If you want to see Tasha's fate, watch 'Power Book II: Ghost' coming this Summer.

Amill

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,489 455 200
Alleybux
The way how CK writes its like she knew a tasha in real life and wanted to give her the most messed up life she could think of . CK writes using favoritism and it was to the point where her story line became ridiculous . just as the original post said tasha was essentially the female version of ghost they were all a team because she served as a asset and I hate how the min ghost wanted to change his mind on what he wanted to be its f her. Tommy didnt agree either and they were stilll cool . Also how could you write that dialoge between ghost and tasha where he said that apart of him still loves her but leaves her completely ass out ? even a petty property she couldnt have? USUALLY the cheating husband keeps the side chick in check and makes sure she never is in contact with the wife but ghost would boldly tell tasha thats my empanada cakes and you bet not try it! Even when ghost got locked up he put dre involved DRE someone who isnt family while she had tasha walk around in her outre wigs and sneaker wedges. Ten when they had tasha and Angela working together Tasha having her back even Angela talking out the side of her face I was DONE . This is not realistic . Tasha snitching on Q when the whole thing was basically buried even tho CK ugly ass said she would come out on top made me so mad . I know if 50 wrote this we would all be more pleased .

blasianmien

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,690 43 32
Alleybux
Tasha was left nothing because in the pre-nup one of the terms was if she the one who asked for the divorce she will get nothing. Of course he wasn't planning on his death to be so soon but that was a stipulation.

I forgot about this point.
I think that it’s an odd detail that CK included...Ghost was a broke corner boy from the hood when he and Tasha got together but he went out of his way to have a prenup? I’m not saying that it couldn’t happen...it just comes across as unrealistic.

Cersei L

Reaction score
Reactions
125,569 4,357 2,396
Alleybux
I forgot about this point.
I think that it’s an odd detail that CK included...Ghost was a broke corner boy from the hood when he and Tasha got together but he went out of his way to have a prenup? I’m not saying that it couldn’t happen...it just comes across as unrealistic.

Power is all about shock and not substantial, consistent, cohesive storytelling.

jazrynee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
70,650 1,342 780
Alleybux
Power has never had great writing from the beginning but the ending really pissed me off. Just from a logical standpoint..he had Angela and Tommy in his will but not Tasha? Tasha went to jail but no weapon was found..she could have went to Truth for anything.

Ghost ultimately had a better ending than Tasha even from the grave. He died with all his secrets and still is controlling the family financially

First Thyme Caller

DMX's Voice
Reaction score
Reactions
126,527 2,094 483
Alleybux
I agree. The ironic thing is on the Power Confidential after show, Courtney addresses this and says she makes Tasha the way she is for the opposite reason everyone is thinking. She said she made Tasha relatable and wanted to portray the reality of what black women go through and how strong they are and because of this, she made Tasha the last one standing. Sounds like bµllsh!t to me but hey

She is full of sh!t there are some black women that ride like and there are some that don't. Even those that came from that life dont put their kids in that situation.

First Thyme Caller

DMX's Voice
Reaction score
Reactions
126,527 2,094 483
Alleybux
I have a question..

I just watched the clip from S1E1 where the ashies and the male identified ashies claim that Ghost was justified in his mistreatment of Tasha because she didn’t want more for them like he did.

So my question is, in the whole series, at what point did anyone stop to think, “ya know? Ghost might be a great politician/club manager after all” Seriously, this lump head ass ***** had to do so much asshole sucking for a club he didn’t even own 100%. Besides the QCP (which also never happened), he didn’t give a sh!t about politics. He was a great drug dealer/murderer and was literally mediocre with everything else. Truth was empty 85% of the time! Where was the potential? What did Ghost/James St. Patrick honestly have to offer?

Chile smh thats a damn good questions.

Not sure if you've seen The Wire ( which by the way I feel this show is a rip off from, anyway) its like when Stringer kept getting fµcked by the politician and the construction crew, he was ready to be a gangsta again and kill them.

Avon had to break that sh!t down for him you not built for that legit life you are out of your depth.

You cant jump out the drug game then come crawling back when you get your ego bruised in the legit world especially at that level you 40 fµck!ng years old. This is your career.

JZsLacefront

I said what I said. Don't bother.
Reaction score
Reactions
5,823 293 195
Alleybux
Bruh I never thought of this but DAMN it makes so much sense. I’d bet money that this is definitely a result of his bitter experience with his BM and his son. He always talks about how she filled his head with x, y, and z. This makes me rethink how he gunned down his son (Kanan/Shawn) on the show too. Wowwww.

giphy.gif

Girl that's ALL I thought of when Kanan killed Shawn. I made that face and said "This dude is really sick. He knows what he's doing smmfh."

Blubyrd

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
369,158 14,146 2,385
Alleybux
She was about to win up until the very stupid move to set Q up. Made NO sense and for someone as smart as Tasha, it was so stupid. She deserved to go to jail at that point which was disappointing given how smart she's always been

DrSenator

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,640 829 460
Alleybux
Maybe Tasha didn’t deserve it... that’s debatable. But Naturi is still working... and I highly doubt they will leave her in prison... so, *shrug*

whatchusay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,301 758 355
Alleybux
You know what else perplexes me? The men(and women) who watch this show and clearly never quite grasped it. They truly believe Tasha and Tommy were holding him back and that if they were on board from the jump, none of this would have happened.

My girlfriend hates Tasha but praises Ghost I don’t get it....
giphy.gif

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
It made no sense to frame Q but they did a lot of things this season that didn't make sense and was done only to move the plot where they wanted it to be.

If they wanted this to work then they should have had Dre die before Ghost was shot. This could have easily been done by them murdering him in jail earlier that day and not having Tasha or Tariq find out about it until after they killed Ghost. The writers need to do better. Usually Courtney and Gabriela write great finales together but they were so focused on setting up things for the spinoff that they did not handle this with care. Missed the mark completely.

In the end they basically demolished any care fans had for Tasha. People were already wavering after teaching him the game but some folks were holding out hope that things would work out in the end and that Tasha was smarter than what she appeared to be. What makes things worse is that Courtney was proud of how Tasha looked in the end. Like she was honorable. Okay it's great she kept her word and took the fall for her son but they had her do the grimiest things to innocent people. How are we supposed to root for her now?

Cersei L

Reaction score
Reactions
125,569 4,357 2,396
Alleybux
It made no sense to frame Q but they did a lot of things this season that didn't make sense and was done only to move the plot where they wanted it to be.

If they wanted this to work then they should have had Dre die before Ghost was shot. This could have easily been done by them murdering him in jail earlier that day and not having Tasha or Tariq find out about it until after they killed Ghost. The writers need to do better. Usually Courtney and Gabriela write great finales together but they were so focused on setting up things for the spinoff that they did not handle this with care. Missed the mark completely.

In the end they basically demolished any care fans had for Tasha. People were already wavering after teaching him the game but some folks were holding out hope that things would work out in the end and that Tasha was smarter than what she appeared to be. What makes things worse is that Courtney was proud of how Tasha looked in the end. Like she was honorable. Okay it's great she kept her word and took the fall for her son but they had her do the grimiest things to innocent people. How are we supposed to root for her now?

IMO CK did this deliberately and is being willfully obtuse.

She's hated the constant hate towards Angela and has flipped the narrative where Angela is seen as a saint and Tasha as "ain't sh!t". In season 5 they had every intention of Tasha taking the fall for Tariq but they scrapped that story in exchange for making Angela save everybody.