Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Somewhere Else

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Reactions
5,374 270 134
Alleybux
I work in tech as a PM. Before the pandemic, I was living in LA. It was fun. Made friends and loved the weather. But no amazing work opportunities and no amazing dating. Also, the upper limit for comp in LA for tech in my role seemed much lower than the Bay Area; plus the jobs weren't as good.

In terms of dating in LA, I'm cute (like an LA 8) but I don't work in entertainment and no one gives a sh!t about me. I lived in West Hollywood, where it's all influencers, gays, and starlets. I didn't really spend time in Santa Monica/Venice/Culver so maybe it's different there.

My goals are to start a company or be in the C-suite for someone else's company. I'd also like to find a man who has money.

I'm looking to make my next move. Where do y'all suggest? (I have friends in all these places, and my alumni network is strong everywhere. Also, I'm from Toronto so I can deal with cold weather and high prices).

Goals:
1) Meet a rich man (I won't say no to a billionaire ! Unless he's old)
2) Work opportunities - build out network for next job or raising money for startup
3) Be happy - good weather, sunshine, easy day to day

If I move to LA - what part do you recommend? For SF/Bay Area - what part? Also, how do you think these places will change post pandemic?

NY: Better tech opportunities; better dating, lots of hot guys, and lots of mega rich dudes; but I know there are a lot of women in the city looking for the same. Plus space is small (and my next role may be WFH permanently).

SF: Great work opportunities. Dudes are kinda blah but everyone is educated and tends to be doing well. Weather is crap. Lots of badly dressed people in fleeces. But I'd be like an SF 10 (maybe -- I think they prefer white and East Asian girls).

LA: Great weather. Love all the beautiful people and fashion. Easy lifestyle (get in the car, go to grocery store, no schleping on the subway). I personally found being a woman with an hourglass shape and melanin easy in LA. You don't have to wear a lot of layers, so you can really show off your figure.

Last edited:

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,183 7,435 1,115
Alleybux
You said you are looking to date then you better head somewhere else . However if you are focus on tech things it would be SF pre-pandemic. However things are very different in SF right now , I was watching some black dudes video he does daily around SF and it is literally a ghost town and everything is closed up early. Keep in mind most tech folks are working at home so no more in person meetups of much . Strange times for a while.

I am not sure what to recommend as far as dating because most of the well off have fled these areas and out to other places because they can now work remote

WednesdayLurk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,090 364 51
Alleybux
I would move to the bay get a job and the salary bump, and see how you like it. If you're not into it at least you can take your new salary requirements wherever you go.

Southernchic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
317,384 10,642 3,127
Alleybux
You said you are looking to date then you better head somewhere else . However if you are focus on tech things it would be SF pre-pandemic. However things are very different in SF right now , I was watching some black dudes video he does daily around SF and it is literally a ghost town and everything is closed up early. Keep in mind most tech folks are working at home so no more in person meetups of much . Strange times for a while.

I am not sure what to recommend as far as dating because most of the well off have fled these areas and out to other places because they can now work remote
Girl I watch that same dudes YouTube videos on SF lol his name is Jermaine.

Southernchic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
317,384 10,642 3,127
Alleybux
Op how old are you? If you’re 20 something now is time to bounce around. If you’re hitting mid 30’s and looking to settle down, I would check out Dallas, Austin, DMV

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,734 2,681 178
Alleybux
Op how old are you? If you’re 20 something now is time to bounce around. If you’re hitting mid 30’s and looking to settle down, I would check out Dallas, Austin, DMV

This. And also Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina as well. Good luck op!