Quantcast

Teen accused of rigging homecoming queen election with mom charged as adult

Queen Love

"Republicans eat their young!" - Donald J. Trump
Reaction score
Reactions
85,449 11,101 481
Alleybux
Please merge - Did a search before for the name and didn't see a thread -- This appeared after I posted: Teen and assistant principal mom accused of rigging high school homecoming court election

A schoolgirl accused of winning her homecoming queen contest by hacking its voting system with her assistant principal mother faces 16 years jail after being charged as an adult.

pjimage-6.jpg

Emily Rose Grover was 17 when she was arrested in March, but turned 18 in April. She and her mom Laura Rose Carroll, 50, have now been hit with a host of felony charges, it was announced Monday.

Those charges include computer hacking and fraud, and could see the pair, from Cantonment in Florida, imprisoned until 2037 if they're convicted on all counts.

'This is not unusual with young people of that age,' Assistant State Attorney John Molcahn told the Pensacola News Journal.

Grover and Carroll face multiple felony charges such as offenses against users of computers, computer systems, computer networks and electronic devices; unlawful use of a two-way communications device; criminal use of personally identifiable information and conspiracy to commit those offenses.

Carroll denied the allegations at a hearing in April, with her daughter due to be arraigned on the same charges on May 14.

According to Florida officials, Carroll was an assistant principal at Bellview Elementary School in the same county. She and Grover are said to have used the school district's internal system to cast fraudulent votes for Grover so she would win the homecoming queen title at Tate High School.

An investigation began in November when the Escambia County School District reported unauthorized access into hundreds of student accounts, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

42572730-9541661-image-a-39_1620155252506.jpg

At around the same time, the district's student council coordinator was notified that Grover had allegedly bragged about using her mom's account to cast votes, according to the News Journal.

The investigators discovered that in October, hundreds of votes for the school's homecoming court were flagged as fraudulent, according to a news release. There were 117 votes for Grover to win sent from the same IP address within a short period of time, the investigation found.

That's when investigators found evidence of unauthorized access to the system linked to Carroll's cellphone and computers at her home. The were 246 votes cast for homecoming court from those devices - all for Carroll's daughter.

Multiple Tate students told investigators that Grover described using her mother's system access, or of watching her mother access records, for years, the report said.

'I have known that Emily Grover logs into her mom's school account in order to access grades and test scores since freshman year,' one student said in a statement to the FDLE.

'She looks up all of our group of friends grades and makes comments about how she can find our test scores all of the time.'

Another said, 'She did not seem like logging in was a big deal and was very comfortable doing so.'

Investigators learned that since August 2019, Carroll's account accessed 372 high school records and 339 of those were Tate students.

Carroll had district level access of the school board´s program, authorities said, and was up-to-date on her annual training on 'Staff Responsible Use of Guidelines for Technology.'

The school district's FOCUS system contains information about grades, medical history, test scores, attendance, disciplinary actions, personnel information, emergency contacts, schedules and student identification numbers, according to NorthEscambia.com.

It was linked to an application called Election Runner, in which students could cast their votes for homecoming court.

Officials have said that Carroll was suspended from her job, but it wasn't immediately clear if she has been fired.

Grover, meanwhile, was expelled from the school in the wake of the homecoming queen scandal, and had her title renounced.

Her mom tried to contest the expulsion, but it was upheld at an appeal.

Carroll remains free on a $6,000 bond, and Grover is free on $2,000 bond.

AvaBinGood

FINDOM is KING! FOOK DEEZ NAYGAS!
Reaction score
Reactions
8,726 617 805
Alleybux
That's crazy. I want to believe this lady wasn't assisting her daughter with this mess, but who knows

ArtemisUniverse

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,087 884 187
Alleybux
A schoolgirl accused of winning her homecoming queen contest by hacking its voting system with her assistant principal mother faces 16 years jail after being charged as an adult.
I'm sorry but that jail time is really excessive. Did they hack state computers for something petty? Yes, but NO ONE cares about things that happened in high school after they graduate. Let them go, there are more important things to worry about.

THE GENERAL

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Reaction score
Reactions
428,698 17,527 10,026
Alleybux
This is ridiculous on both sides. Why would you snitch on yourself like a dum dum first off, but all of these years is way too excessive for their crime.

JayMBee

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
426 5 6
Alleybux
Wow...you about to ruin your life over homecoming queen?!? That sh!t don't even matter out here in the real world lol. This is giving me "Mom definitely living vicariously through her daughter". This some 90s Lifetime movie sh!t lol.

UndineSpragg

No reason to be ashamed of your crying...but I am.
Reaction score
Reactions
54,856 2,152 518
Alleybux
While I do think it’s crazy they’re talking about a 16 year sentence for this while there are people who actually commit murder and get less time.....I say fµck em! Let some white folks get overly harsh sentences for once, maybe, just maybe they’ll learn they can’t cheat their way through life. I mean look at the daughter’s mug shot! No remorse whatsoever, lock em up!

Inana

Bene Gesserit
Reaction score
Reactions
297,088 6,312 1,527
Alleybux
Seems like a loooooot of effort for something so insignicant. Also, the charges seem a bit harsh but hey, it be like that sometimes

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
If they don’t slap them with a misdemeanor and go on about their damn lives. There are actual criminals who get less time than that.
Did you miss that changing the votes for her to win Homecoming was not the only reason she was accessing her mother's account?

She had accessed nearly 400 students (nearly 50 who don't even go to her school) records. Those records have their social security numbers, their medical records (including any medication they are on), grades, test scores, disciplinary records, addresses, phone numbers, etc... That is only from August 2019.

Witnesses (her friends) say she has been doing this since she was a Freshman so who knows how many times she had done it the three years prior to her Senior year. And who is to say she hasn't tampered with grades, test scores, disciplinary reports, etc...

She and her mother deserve whatever charges they are facing.

ETA: And I am sure they have the evidence to back it up.

goldenchile

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
204,046 4,524 406
Alleybux
The charges will most likely be reduced through a plea bargain but could you imagine if she was black? Stop capping for these yts!

Exhibit A
White man
A Pennsylvania man pleaded guilty to voter fraud charges after he illegally cast a ballot for former President Trump using his dead mother’s name during the 2020 presidential election.

Bruce Bartman, 70, pleaded guilty Friday to two counts of perjury and one count of unlawful voting and was sentenced to five years of probation, according to The Associated Press. Trump supporter admits to voter fraud after casting dead mother's ballot in 2020

Black woman

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
I'm sorry but that jail time is really excessive. Did they hack state computers for something petty? Yes, but NO ONE cares about things that happened in high school after they graduate. Let them go, there are more important things to worry about.
Again, read what she is accused of doing. She wasn't just changing some stupid votes. She has accessed nearly 400 students (some that don't even go to her school) records. Confidential records. Would you want someone going into your child's school records and having access to their social security number? Address? Medical records? Grades? Test scores? Disciplinary records? It is much more serious than homecoming votes.

ETA: That is why she is being charged with such serious crimes and as an adult. I would even bet money they have evidence of her tampering with grades/test scores.

Aintnobody

And i'll be damned if i let any man in my center
Reaction score
Reactions
12,910 423 276
Alleybux
Please merge - Did a search before for the name and didn't see a thread -- This appeared after I posted: Teen and assistant principal mom accused of rigging high school homecoming court election

pjimage-6.jpg

Emily Rose Grover was 17 when she was arrested in March, but turned 18 in April. She and her mom Laura Rose Carroll, 50, have now been hit with a host of felony charges, it was announced Monday.

Those charges include computer hacking and fraud, and could see the pair, from Cantonment in Florida, imprisoned until 2037 if they're convicted on all counts.

'This is not unusual with young people of that age,' Assistant State Attorney John Molcahn told the Pensacola News Journal.

Grover and Carroll face multiple felony charges such as offenses against users of computers, computer systems, computer networks and electronic devices; unlawful use of a two-way communications device; criminal use of personally identifiable information and conspiracy to commit those offenses.

Carroll denied the allegations at a hearing in April, with her daughter due to be arraigned on the same charges on May 14.

According to Florida officials, Carroll was an assistant principal at Bellview Elementary School in the same county. She and Grover are said to have used the school district's internal system to cast fraudulent votes for Grover so she would win the homecoming queen title at Tate High School.

An investigation began in November when the Escambia County School District reported unauthorized access into hundreds of student accounts, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

42572730-9541661-image-a-39_1620155252506.jpg

At around the same time, the district's student council coordinator was notified that Grover had allegedly bragged about using her mom's account to cast votes, according to the News Journal.

The investigators discovered that in October, hundreds of votes for the school's homecoming court were flagged as fraudulent, according to a news release. There were 117 votes for Grover to win sent from the same IP address within a short period of time, the investigation found.

That's when investigators found evidence of unauthorized access to the system linked to Carroll's cellphone and computers at her home. The were 246 votes cast for homecoming court from those devices - all for Carroll's daughter.

Multiple Tate students told investigators that Grover described using her mother's system access, or of watching her mother access records, for years, the report said.

'I have known that Emily Grover logs into her mom's school account in order to access grades and test scores since freshman year,' one student said in a statement to the FDLE.

'She looks up all of our group of friends grades and makes comments about how she can find our test scores all of the time.'

Another said, 'She did not seem like logging in was a big deal and was very comfortable doing so.'

Investigators learned that since August 2019, Carroll's account accessed 372 high school records and 339 of those were Tate students.

Carroll had district level access of the school board´s program, authorities said, and was up-to-date on her annual training on 'Staff Responsible Use of Guidelines for Technology.'

The school district's FOCUS system contains information about grades, medical history, test scores, attendance, disciplinary actions, personnel information, emergency contacts, schedules and student identification numbers, according to NorthEscambia.com.

It was linked to an application called Election Runner, in which students could cast their votes for homecoming court.

Officials have said that Carroll was suspended from her job, but it wasn't immediately clear if she has been fired.

Grover, meanwhile, was expelled from the school in the wake of the homecoming queen scandal, and had her title renounced.

Her mom tried to contest the expulsion, but it was upheld at an appeal.

Carroll remains free on a $6,000 bond, and Grover is free on $2,000 bond.
Catch a case for voting fraud to be the homecoming queen.The're such attention whores, they act as there's no life after HS. Pitiful , i would have snitched on them, the moment she ran her mouth to say she had access to the tests and grades.

Last edited:

P O I S O N

✨ F L O A T I N G ✨
Reaction score
Reactions
7,999 70 34
Alleybux
I typically would say that this is excessive but they had access to much more than homecoming votes. They had access to these students private information.. And have been accessing other student’s files for almost 3 years..

Throw the book at them. I even give less of a damn because they are translucent.

BbyMonroe

LET DAT COOCHIE BREATHE
Reaction score
Reactions
73,755 9,199 2,750
Alleybux
I want them punished to the fullest extent of the law! Set an example! White women especially refuse to take no for an answer. They feel they’re immune to rejection and refuse to take accountability.

For this woman to risk her livelihood and freedom for something so damn dumb as homecoming Queen, not even prom Queen but homecoming???

what is the lesson she’s teaching her little Karen? The same sh!t her mother taught her I guess. You don’t have to work hard, you deserve to be handed everything in life and if it isn’t being handed to you you have the right to steal it. The motto of their race.

Kawaiilover

Lover Of All Things Cute!❤
Reaction score
Reactions
55,585 483 346
Alleybux
This is actually rlly sad does this girl have any real friends?? I feel like this was a case of peer pressure and a desperate need to seem cool/fit in with others and it overrided all common sense and the mother was wrong for encouraging this instead of giving her self-esteem.

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,581 21,354 16,210
Alleybux
Fake ass Kelly Clarkson wannabe, she’s smiling now but she’s she goes to jail. I’m sure she won’t be smiling ear to ear.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,604 11,262 4,454
Alleybux
The mother should be fired for allowing her daughter to access sensitive school records (that her dumb ass apparently kept telling people about), an investigation should be done to make sure no grades were changed or if the girl got any unfair academic advantage from her access to the system, if she did cheat she can get expelled for academic dishonesty. They can both be fined for whatever and then the next runner up can be homecoming queen. This isn’t a felony case, this is an entitled stupid teen girl abusing her mother’s position case.

baladar

genius lives only one story above madness....
Reaction score
Reactions
214,469 3,494 976
Alleybux
What in the Drop Dead Gorgeous hell?

Charge them all. Have them both go out like Kirstie Alley's crazy Scientologist ass at the end of that movie.

babablkshp

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,267 876 318
Alleybux

disloyalty....

disloyalty all around. oh well.

Arcee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,076 804 102
Alleybux
Wow...you about to ruin your life over homecoming queen?!? That sh!t don't even matter out here in the real world lol. This is giving me "Mom definitely living vicariously through her daughter". This some 90s Lifetime movie sh!t lol.

Remember that Texas mom Wanda Holloway in the 90s that tried to kill the mother of her daughter’s rival so her daughter could make first string on the cheerleading squad. These b!tches are crazy. Lifetime and HBO made movies about her ass.

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,666 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
The mama knows full well that nobody gives a damn about your HS life once HS is over. But instead of telling her child that, she committed a felony for Lil' Magic.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
The mother should be fired for allowing her daughter to access sensitive school records (that her dumb ass apparently kept telling people about), an investigation should be done to make sure no grades were changed or if the girl got any unfair academic advantage from her access to the system, if she did cheat she can get expelled for academic dishonesty. They can both be fined for whatever and then the next runner up can be homecoming queen. This isn’t a felony case, this is an entitled stupid teen girl abusing her mother’s position case.
Not only her changing her own grades/test scores, but her friends. But, what is worse is her possibly changing the grades/test scores of people she didn't like.

Of the 372 students she accessed accounts for since August 2019... 33 of them were not even going to her school. Only 246 were used to change votes to her. That leaves 93 student accounts, from her school, that she accessed before being caught. That also doesn't include the 3-years she had access to the system which is backed up in witness statements.

I also have a huge issue with her having access to medical records. An example would be a student who may have been going through a tough time and may have been suicidal so the parents had to do what they had to and put them in a mental health care facility, but had kept it hidden from the school and community. It would still be on the medical records and here she had access to it? So she could tell her friends or the whole school?

I have no sympathy for her or her stupid ass mom. I've known teachers/moms like her my entire youth. They were pathetic. Always wanting to be cool and favoring their kids and their group of friends and treating everyone else like sh!t.

Jaming4ever2

Invisible to negative words/Positive Words only
Reaction score
Reactions
22,751 605 140
Alleybux
All that trouble for homecoming queen such a shame. Now she gonna be in jail out of foolishness she committed with her mom.

mthrbrd

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
153,625 2,510 536
Alleybux
This lines up with my theory that everyone who peaked in high school is a hot mess after it’s over. That four year period is such a short time in the span of a person’s life and being homecoming queen is hardly an accomplishment worth stealing chile.

At least the Asians at my school hacked/cheated their way into top universities. Kii

thephoenixslays

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
274,200 5,044 2,745
Alleybux
Did you miss that changing the votes for her to win Homecoming was not the only reason she was accessing her mother's account?

She had accessed nearly 400 students (nearly 50 who don't even go to her school) records. Those records have their social security numbers, their medical records (including any medication they are on), grades, test scores, disciplinary records, addresses, phone numbers, etc... That is only from August 2019.

Witnesses (her friends) say she has been doing this since she was a Freshman so who knows how many times she had done it the three years prior to her Senior year. And who is to say she hasn't tampered with grades, test scores, disciplinary reports, etc...

She and her mother deserve whatever charges they are facing.

ETA: And I am sure they have the evidence to back it up.
Thank you!!! They didn’t get these heavy charges just for rigging the homecoming vote but from accessing all the private information of students.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,604 11,262 4,454
Alleybux
Not only her changing her own grades/test scores, but her friends. But, what is worse is her possibly changing the grades/test scores of people she didn't like.

Of the 372 students she accessed accounts for since August 2019... 33 of them were not even going to her school. Only 246 were used to change votes to her. That leaves 93 student accounts, from her school, that she accessed before being caught. That also doesn't include the 3-years she had access to the system which is backed up in witness statements.

I also have a huge issue with her having access to medical records. An example would be a student who may have been going through a tough time and may have been suicidal so the parents had to do what they had to and put them in a mental health care facility, but had kept it hidden from the school and community. It would still be on the medical records and here she had access to it? So she could tell her friends or the whole school?

I have no sympathy for her or her stupid ass mom. I've known teachers/moms like her my entire youth. They were pathetic. Always wanting to be cool and favoring their kids and their group of friends and treating everyone else like sh!t.
This is why I say there needs to be a full investigation. They’ve already got her friends on record saying that she was pulling people’s records for years.

Maybe they already know that more was done but while they’all charging them for felonit’s they aren’t speaking about the full details publicly because minors are involved, idk.

soul sun love

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,680 2,515 318
Alleybux
I don't even remember who the homecoming queen/king of my highschool was, and I went to all the parades. It's just never that serious. Now her daughter is expelled and can't graduate and possibly going to prison prison for some sh!t that won't matter to anyone in a year.

How does the school board not know if she is fired? Even if she doesn't go to prison, she allowed her daughter to look at sensitive information of students in the county and possibly even some teachers. For THREE years. She violated them and they should all sue her.

oldirtyump

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,724 2,798 1,674
Alleybux
Yep and these yt pipo STILL have no real repercussions even if they do have a record.... She and her daughter will be scamming for life.