MsCherrywine

Mrs. Sh*t Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
11,245 1,765 40
Alleybux
teen-mom-og-cast.jpg

“But we’ll still get paid, right?”

A case of COVID-19 has just popped the Teen Mom quarantine bubble!

The Ashley can exclusively reveal that a Teen Mom OG cast member tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend, forcing the entire production of one of the ‘OG’ stories to be shut down immediately.

“No one associated with [that cast member] can film for two weeks, including their family,” a behind-the-scenes source tells The Ashley.

“Luckily, the cast member is showing no symptoms and is feeling fine,” the source added.

The Ashley is not stating which of the girls— Catelynn Lowell, Maci Bookout, Mackenzie McKee, Amber Portwood or Cheyenne Floyd— the positive cast member is associated with, in order to protect that person’s privacy.

As The Ashley previously reported, a bubble was created in order to film all of the ‘Teen Mom’ shows– ‘Teen Mom OG,’ as well as Teen Mom 2and Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant— with producers and crew quarantining before arriving and then living close to the girl they’re shooting and not being allowed to go home, leave or have visitors while they’re in the filming bubble.

“Each cast member, family member, crew member and producer is required to test for COVID three times a week,” the source told The Ashley. “[The cast member] got a positive test result from one of those tests. It’s not know if [that cast member’s] family will also test positive eventually.”

The source tells The Ashley that the cast members and those who film with them are encouraged to quarantine while not filming, to limit any exposure. In addition, the cast member’s homes are frequently sanitized by a sanitation company, and all places visited by the cast members while filming are required to be closed to the public and sanitized before and after the cast uses the area.

The source tells The Ashley that production was surprised by the test results, and that the shutdown will cost them a pretty penny.

“There is a full crew there quarantining and living in this bubble so that they can safely film the girls and their families, and now they just have to sit there for two weeks and be away from their families longer. The crew goes into lockdown because they were exposed too, so they literally can’t leave their housing except for the purpose of getting absolutely essential items. They do have the opportunity to opt out of staying past the day they were originally supposed to leave, though.”

The source tells The Ashley that, after two weeks and once everyone tests negative, and the homes have been disinfected, shooting can resume.

demetersky

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,829 126 23
Alleybux
Their kids are getting to the age that I was when their ORIGINAL episodes aired. Time to pull the plug!

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,681 13,172 1,667
Alleybux
Wasn't one of them threatening to leave the show because her tattoo artist boyfriend didn't want to submit to regular testing?

chatterbox_380

No-filter-having heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
26,744 1,857 140
Alleybux
I bet it was Catelynn since she or Tyler posted a Halloween photo of Catelynn surrounded by a group of more than 10.

In fact, the Halloween party was on the 24th of October. This pisses me off greatly.

Edit: Apparently a lot of people were doing things so it could be Cheyenne.

Or Mack or Maci. I know it's not Amber. If there was anyone who was built to stay in their house and not go out, it's that woman.

Last edited:

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
Their kids are getting to the age that I was when their ORIGINAL episodes aired. Time to pull the plug!
It’s called “Teen Mom” not “Grown Ass Woman Mom”

Edit: Also, I googled to see when Teen Mom premiered and it was late 2009 when I was 10. And 16 & Pregnant in June 2009. I thought 16 & Pregnant premiered when 07 or 08 when I was 8 or 9.

Last edited: