Quantcast

The 2018 Fifth Harmony Appreciation Thread

Castaway

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
5,776 235 9
Alleybux
I wonder if the rumor about epic stopping the girls from releasing albums is true because it's weird how Normani,Lauren,and Ally are finally dropping their debut around the same time after years of being out of FH

PennyPr0ud

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,952 1,401 313
Alleybux
I wonder if the rumor about epic stopping the girls from releasing albums is true because it's weird how Normani,Lauren,and Ally are finally dropping their debut around the same time after years of being out of FH
I always thought this to be the case. Didn’t their new lawyer in 5H say they had the worst contract she had ever seen? Normani constantly gets dragged for no album but the fact none of the other girls dropped debut albums during this time was always suspicious to me. Either it’s that funky ass contract from 5H or they have been blackballed. Normani and her parents stay alluding to her being sabotaged.

Castaway

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
5,776 235 9
Alleybux
I always thought this to be the case. Didn’t their new lawyer in 5H say they had the worst contract she had ever seen? Normani constantly gets dragged for no album but the fact none of the other girls dropped debut albums during this time was always suspicious to me. Either it’s that funky ass contract from 5H or they have been blackballed. Normani and her parents stay alluding to her being sabotaged.
Yes their lawyer Dina said it was the worst contract she had ever seen. I don't know if Epic is sabotaging the girls, but they definitely don't want any of them to be successful in music because they will look like fools for letting talented girls go for Camila. Epic really thought Camila was gonna be what Olivia Rodrigo currently is and i bet they are pissed at how Don't Go Yet is performing in the US.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,828 14 12
Alleybux
I do think there was a no compete clause in those girls' contracts, they had to wait x amount of years before being able to release any type of truly competitive music. While not hits to me, it's strange that they didn't push songs like Waves or Lips Don't Lie or Lento or 1501, songs that would've at least gave them some musical relevance if not fame and fortune. But it must be ending soon because Ally, Lauren, and Normani have all teased "big things" coming and preludes and some such, they all have videos and things coming that looks like it has more than $3.68 attached to it like how it usually is.

But conversely I also think that those girls also wanted the chance to really create an album and enjoy it instead of going in guns blazing and possibly getting more burnt out. Lauren and Ally both said that taking control of their music and career was important to them, and apparently going indie was the way to go. (Though AWAL is still a Sony affiliated label so Lauren ain't go too far.) Normani as a solo artist has been fantastic, with how far she is with how little they've truly done....such a star, I can't wait until they really debut her instead of these tweeted internet based songs. Her team has done the same as the other girls teams, tweet songs and move on, but look at the difference?

I also don't think that they're being blacklisted, Epic doesn't have that type of influence. If there were some type of bias against them in the industry, and there most likely was, then the implosion of Camila Cabello should've stopped that by now, how much longer can you bet on a lame horse whose repeatedly shown that she isn't the star everyone claimed she was? Going on three albums and she still can't get her name spelled right by the general public unlike Normani.

Dragonflysb

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,605 432 303
Alleybux
So Lauren and Dinah are independent now, right?

I wonder why Dinah hasn't released anything yet, it seems like she has been independent longer than Lauren

Castaway

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
5,776 235 9
Alleybux
So Lauren and Dinah are independent now, right?

I wonder why Dinah hasn't released anything yet, it seems like she has been independent longer than Lauren
Dinah released a 3 song ep in early 2019 and then pretty much went ghost

mocahontas

☽☆☽
Reaction score
Reactions
72,419 1,399 221
Alleybux
Lauren's now an independent artist & her EP "Prelude" will be released on November 5th

I believe Ally's signed a new record deal & her lead single will be released on October 22nd

Last edited:

mocahontas

☽☆☽
Reaction score
Reactions
72,419 1,399 221
Alleybux
PRELUDE is so lovely

my favorites are Scattered, Falling, and On Guard.

congrats to Lauren on the smooth rollout of her first solo project
:heart:
can't wait for the album.​

90sBarbie

Current mood is reflected on my profile picture
Reaction score
Reactions
370 1 1
Alleybux
I was so excited for this album, I really like "Scattered", "Colors", "Falling", and "On Guard". The whole album is really nice but those are my favs.

mocahontas

☽☆☽
Reaction score
Reactions
72,419 1,399 221
Alleybux

Oh wow, I'm surprised they're still together. I wonder if he still manages her.
But Ally looks good.