Quantcast

The Blacklist

Head of State

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,943 7,399 975
Alleybux
Best episode in quite some time. If Elizabitch kills Anne Red better take her out, and I don't want to hear sh*t from the task force.

HelloKitty811

You’re the facsimile, I’m the original.
Reaction score
Reactions
55,032 961 40
Alleybux
Best episode in quite some time. If Elizabitch kills Anne Red better take her out, and I don't want to hear sh*t from the task force.
ALL. OF. THIS. I wholeheartedly agree with you. In fact, that would solve most of the show's issues - the elimination of dead weight Liz. The show can survive without her. The back half of this season has been a joy to watch knowing that she was not going to pop up.

HelloKitty811

Reaction score
Reactions
55,032 961 40
Alleybux
ALL. OF. THIS. I wholeheartedly agree with you. In fact, that would solve most of the show's issues - the elimination of dead weight Liz. The show can survive without her. The back half of this season has been a joy to watch knowing that she was not going to pop up.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
The more I think about it the more I think The Blacklist needs Anne to jump start the show. Season 9 could be all about this new side of Red we haven't seen. Could a happy Red still be a criminal mastermind? Would Dembe let Red have a plus one or would he see her as a security risk? How would Anne change dating the FBI's most wanted as opposed to just a consultant?

Let's ditch Liz and the new girl. Bring back Samar, Mr. Kaplan and Mr. Solomon. Ressler can stay if he never mentions Liz again. Let's have some fun capers, lots of senseless killings and NO whining about mommy and daddy.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,965 209 17
Alleybux
They better do this but I have a feeling they'll let Red forgive her because she'll cry about losing Tom.

For all that Liz has done to Red, she needs to die. If I was an enemy and he didn't kill her I'd make my own moves to take him out. There would be more people coming out of the woodwork to settle scores or take over his territory.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
Do you guys believe the rumors that Megan was in some sort of contract dispute? I can't believe because she had to know that at least half the audience just out and out hates her. Why bring that to the forefront by giving people the opportunity to express their pure joy at your absence? Hopefully she wasn't deluded by that portion of the fandom that want her to hookup with Red. They are in contention with the ones who want Red to be her mother for the nuttiness fans out there.

On a different topic, I was thinking about Dembe's daughter. I wonder if he fathered her while he was a child prostitute for the Mombasa Cartel. His daughter and her mother are a complete mystery that they don't even hint at. I wonder if they remember.

HelloKitty811

Reaction score
Reactions
55,032 961 40
Alleybux
Do you guys believe the rumors that Megan was in some sort of contract dispute? I can't believe because she had to know that at least half the audience just out and out hates her. Why bring that to the forefront by giving people the opportunity to express their pure joy at your absence? Hopefully she wasn't deluded by that portion of the fandom that want her to hookup with Red. They are in contention with the ones who want Red to be her mother for the nuttiness fans out there.

On a different topic, I was thinking about Dembe's daughter. I wonder if he fathered her while he was a child prostitute for the Mombasa Cartel. His daughter and her mother are a complete mystery that they don't even hint at. I wonder if they remember.
Ooh! I did not think of this possibility - a contract dispute. I was thinking that she was preggers again. Oh my goodness! What if they are unable to come to an agreement? Would they take the bold step of killing her off? Ladies and gentlemen, my fingers are crossed. The show has already been renewed for another season so the program can and will go on without her.
As for Dembe, I strongly believe that the writers want us to forget his origins and how he was originally characterized. I feel cheated tbh.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
I think Hisham wants Dembe to be a peace loving Muslim but homie has killed too many people and is a straight up criminal who spends all of his time in service of a criminal. His character is all over the place and still nowhere. He's sometimes supposed to be Red's conscience but how's that working out? They drop hints that it wouldn't be impossible for Dembe to step into Red's shoes one day, but I think that's impossible. What I really wish Dembe would do is make Ray workout with him, jog, lift weights, sit-ups, pull-ups, stuff like that. Red has been pregnant for years and he needs to drop that baby fat.

HelloKitty811

Reaction score
Reactions
55,032 961 40
Alleybux
I think Hisham wants Dembe to be a peace loving Muslim but homie has killed too many people and is a straight up criminal who spends all of his time in service of a criminal. His character is all over the place and still nowhere. He's sometimes supposed to be Red's conscience but how's that working out? They drop hints that it wouldn't be impossible for Dembe to step into Red's shoes one day, but I think that's impossible. What I really wish Dembe would do is make Ray workout with him, jog, lift weights, sit-ups, pull-ups, stuff like that. Red has been pregnant for years and he needs to drop that baby fat.
Yes, James does have a bit of paunch doesn't he? You know, I saw him in Soho a few years back and he was dressed exactly like the character Red. He had quite a distinguished look about him - but this was pre-weight major gain. I believe that Red's style is an extension of Spader's style. Anyway, the baby fat needs to go.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
@HelloKitty811 Were they filming nearby when you saw him? I saw an interview with him one year where he said he always gains weight during the season and they have to keep letting out his suits. And sometimes he shows up at the beginning of the season at the end of the season weight. He seems like someone who would be fun to know but also very selective in the people he bothers dealing with.

Raymond does a surprisingly lot of physical stuff. In the last episode he overcame one bad guy and slit his throat. Then he dragged his body to the garage and stuffed in the freezer. Then he went into town and strangled that woman. Then he and Anne ran over to the police station, all without breaking a sweat. Yet Latifah gets grief about her unbelievable physical feats.

HelloKitty811

Reaction score
Reactions
55,032 961 40
Alleybux
@HelloKitty811 Were they filming nearby when you saw him? I saw an interview with him one year where he said he always gains weight during the season and they have to keep letting out his suits. And sometimes he shows up at the beginning of the season at the end of the season weight. He seems like someone who would be fun to know but also very selective in the people he bothers dealing with.

Raymond does a surprisingly lot of physical stuff. In the last episode he overcame one bad guy and slit his throat. Then he dragged his body to the garage and stuffed in the freezer. Then he went into town and strangled that woman. Then he and Anne ran over to the police station, all without breaking a sweat. Yet Latifah gets grief about her unbelievable physical feats.
I actually saw him in a boutique (Isabel Marant) shopping with his SO. I suppose that he was off and just enjoying his free time. He seemed to be super chill.

Grace Taylor

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
79,825 1,805 373
Alleybux
So they really are gonna have Mr. Kaplan being Elizabeth’s conscience? This is so random... I almost forgot about the character all together! Lol

Head of State

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,943 7,399 975
Alleybux
If the writers are trying to redeem Liz by having Mr Kaplan as her conscience I am DONE. Kaplan was mad at Red at the end, but she would never have advised Liz to act as she is now. What makes it worse is that Liz is dragging her daughter along for the ride. I hope someone kidnaps her. She's a selfish moron!

Grace Taylor

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
79,825 1,805 373
Alleybux
If the writers are trying to redeem Liz by having Mr Kaplan as her conscience I am DONE. Kaplan was mad at Red at the end, but she would never have advised Liz to act as she is now. What makes it worse is that Liz is dragging her daughter along for the ride. I hope someone kidnaps her. She's a selfish moron!
Right! Like you’re a wanted fugitive now with your daughter. Honestly, her being a deadbeat and leaving her daughter (like her mother did) would’ve made more sense. She wants the best of both worlds. That’s why she’s a FLOP.

Grace Taylor

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
79,825 1,805 373
Alleybux
I’m tired of seeing the same episodes over and over from different perspectives.
Does anyone know if this series got renewed? It’s looking like the end of times...

Grace Taylor

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
79,825 1,805 373
Alleybux
I just realized I’m behind, because I had to rewind... but this is interesting how she bugged Dembe and met Anne.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
Just when I got that stupid call me Angel song out of my head...

I was worried that they were going to have Anne working with Liz. They were trying so hard to make Liz an equal of Red as a criminal mastermind.

Weird thing was Anne suddenly being besties with Cindi. That didn't make sense and I'm wondering if that last scene was real. When would Anne have learned about Cindi's cabin? Why would she think they were such good friends that she would lend her her cabin? We don't know the RedAnne timeline, but it can't have been going on for more than a few months at the most. When did Anne get her phone back? If it was an illusion, who was imagining it that way? They can't seriously think that those few moments of hesitation or regret from Liz will make all the horrible things she has done disappear. And where did she disappear to while Red was tending to Anne?

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
Oh yeah and the thought of Liz planting a camera and mic in Anne's place so she could spy on sexy time is triple eeewwwwww. Even I averted my eyes, looking only to find out if she reached into his pocket or for the buckle. The thought that Liz was spying on them instead of taking care of her daughter is just something I am not going to try to comprehend but may explain the success of Onlyfans.

locdempress

They both look like dirty potatoes with eyes
Reaction score
Reactions
223,165 5,528 152
Alleybux
I haven't watched the episode yet and I actually love spoilers. Are y'all saying I was right earlier about Anne being a Blacklister? What is going on cause I felt some of you guys thought I was crazy when I first said it and I almost felt I got chin checked when I asked was she reaching for something in the pocket or a belt buckle. Like chin checked in here.

Let me go find one of those blogs that spoil the whole episode cause you guys comments have me intrigued. I wasn't even going to watch the episode cause Liz was going to be in it.

Grace Taylor

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
79,825 1,805 373
Alleybux
I haven't watched the episode yet and I actually love spoilers. Are y'all saying I was right earlier about Anne being a Blacklister? What is going on cause I felt some of you guys thought I was crazy when I first said it and I almost felt I got chin checked when I asked was she reaching for something in the pocket or a belt buckle. Like chin checked in here.

Let me go find one of those blogs that spoil the whole episode cause you guys comments have me intrigued. I wasn't even going to watch the episode cause Liz was going to be in it.
Now I have to re-watch. Let me make sure it’s still on DVR. lol

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,165 5,528 152
Alleybux
I just read a recap. What the hell is going on in tonight's episode. What the hell?! KAPLAN!! I'm only going to watch the episode cause you guys make it sound a lot better than what I read.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux

Anne's not a Blacklister. Anne is TeamRed. Red is TeamAnne. Liz is a pain in my effing behind and for the love of all things holy, if you have months off from work, take some damn acting classes.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,165 5,528 152
Alleybux
Anne's not a Blacklister. Anne is TeamRed. Red is TeamAnne. Liz is a pain in my effing behind and for the love of all things holy, if you have months off from work, take some damn acting classes.
I'm about to watch now. I swear I only watch cause of you guys commentary on the show that and James Spader and the character that plays Dembe. I really wish they could have created a spin-off where everyone is there but Liz.

Quick question for you guys are we the only ones feeling this way about Liz or do others outside of LSA love her to pieces?

Grace Taylor

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
79,825 1,805 373
Alleybux
I'm about to watch now. I swear I only watch cause of you guys commentary on the show that and James Spader and the character that plays Dembe. I really wish they could have created a spin-off where everyone is there but Liz.

Quick question for you guys are we the only ones feeling this way about Liz or do others outside of LSA love her to pieces?
Here’s what my extensive research produced. The results are inconclusive, and unfortunately our funding is depleted and we can no longer continue the trials.

A8812584-7BE1-45A2-ABE2-7223DFE7FBC0.jpeg
1B3440C7-2C98-4BE8-BCBE-FB7E7D1D7316.jpeg
C67296E1-5E09-4193-B976-471C8E9E5396.jpeg

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,165 5,528 152
Alleybux
Here’s what my extensive research produced. The results are inconclusive, and unfortunately our funding is depleted and we can no longer continue the trials.

View attachment 2500526 View attachment 2500527 View attachment 2500528
Thank you thank you for this
. Interesting how one person said she is one of the most important parts of the story when really she kinda not. The show is more ab9ut reddington providing blacklisters. Technically even Red ain't even needed since the they team can find their own Blacklisters they just use Red to help them catch them faster.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
I rewatched the ending. At first I thought the part about Anne thinking she could hide out in Cindi's cabin made little sense, then when I saw it again, I realized it made NO sense.

The first time Anne met Cindi (Liz) was when Liz rammed into the back of Anne's truck. Anne said it was all her fault. Obviously it wasn't. They exchange insurance information. Cindi mentions that she lives in Kansas City but is visiting and staying just out of town. The next time Anne sees Cindi is when she shows up at her house with a cake. Cindi reintroduces herself as the fender bender person. It's moments before Red arrives to play bridge.

In what universe do you think that makes you such good friends that she is going to let you stay in some cabin that she may or may not own, but that she is currently using? I thought her spending the day with Raymond the second time she saw him in Central Park made her too trusting to be real, but the woman seriously needs some stranger danger lessons.

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,965 209 17
Alleybux
What were the writers smoking when they wrote this episode?

They want us to believe Dembe never told his daughter not to trust Liz as she's gone rogue and she was willing to help her. Also Dembe is slipping so much that he doesn't notice he's been bugged, yeah right.

To top off this farce they act like Mr Kaplan is guiding Liz, no way would that happen. No matter what happened between Red and Mr Kaplan, she knew the only reason he was coming after her was because she betrayed him.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,165 5,528 152
Alleybux
What were the writers smoking when they wrote this episode?

They want us to believe Dembe never told his daughter not to trust Liz as she's gone rogue and she was willing to help her. Also Dembe is slipping so much that he doesn't notice he's been bugged, yeah right.

To top off this farce they act like Mr Kaplan is guiding Liz, no way would that happen. No matter what happened between Red and Mr Kaplan, she knew the only reason he was coming after her was because she betrayed him.
This!!! All this! Just finished watching!

I'm sitting here like hold up so Dembe literally asks his daughters what's going on why you hitting me up alllll of a sudden and she goes cause I miss you and he don't even ponder or wonder or anything. THE MOST SUSPICIOUS MAN ever more suspicious than Red don't shake his coat or put a wand on his body to make sure he ain't bugged?! Yea right!

Then I suppose to believe they Kaplan is Liz bad angel on her shoulder and kept driving her to do bad by saying well Red would do it. Mind you Red sometimes does have heart it's not like he is super cold.

The writers were smoking dicks. I was watching in disbelief the whole time .

.Echo.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Reactions
26,965 209 17
Alleybux
This!!! All this! Just finished watching!

I'm sitting here like hold up so Dembe literally asks his daughters what's going on why you hitting me up alllll of a sudden and she goes cause I miss you and he don't even ponder or wonder or anything. THE MOST SUSPICIOUS MAN ever more suspicious than Red don't shake his coat or put a wand on his body to make sure he ain't bugged?! Yea right!

Then I suppose to believe they Kaplan is Liz bad angel on her shoulder and kept driving her to do bad by saying well Red would do it. Mind you Red sometimes does have heart it's not like he is super cold.

The writers were smoking dicks. I was watching in disbelief the whole time .
They are literally doing anything to try and make the audience believe that Liz is some super badass that is going to take Red out. I've started reading recaps and clicking through the episode because Liz and her bµllsh!t annoy me so much.

At this point they shouldn't have gotten season 9, I kinda hope it's the last because I've been hate watching it for a while and just want a decent conclusion to it.

nozeygirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,052 1,444 45
Alleybux
They really wasted an entire episode on flashbacks? I love Anne and Red together. Do you all think Anne will make it? Liz doesn’t have watch it takes to kill him.

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
On Reddit someone was speculating that Megan took 8 episodes off so that her salary would work out to be the same per episode as James. As insane as that sounds, it works out in terms of how they've handled her absence. The only thing that make me not believe it, is that it has to be breaking your contract to work the whole season, when you sit out that many episodes because you want more money.

The writers going along with it by trying to cover up her absence but still making her relevant is ruining the show. Apparently the ratings went up a bit for this past episode, but I'd be shocked if people were tuning in for Elizabeth's return. They should have moved the show along. But instead they tried to make her the guiding light for every character. We know all the reasons that could never work as good tv. The writers were probably stoked that they were able to twist so many pieces together to make it seem as if this were the plan from the outset. I don't know what they are using as the measurement for success. I suspect it is not social media.

HelloKitty811

Reaction score
Reactions
55,032 961 40
Alleybux
I rewatched the ending. At first I thought the part about Anne thinking she could hide out in Cindi's cabin made little sense, then when I saw it again, I realized it made NO sense.

The first time Anne met Cindi (Liz) was when Liz rammed into the back of Anne's truck. Anne said it was all her fault. Obviously it wasn't. They exchange insurance information. Cindi mentions that she lives in Kansas City but is visiting and staying just out of town. The next time Anne sees Cindi is when she shows up at her house with a cake. Cindi reintroduces herself as the fender bender person. It's moments before Red arrives to play bridge.

In what universe do you think that makes you such good friends that she is going to let you stay in some cabin that she may or may not own, but that she is currently using? I thought her spending the day with Raymond the second time she saw him in Central Park made her too trusting to be real, but the woman seriously needs some stranger danger lessons.
Yeah, the whole trope of the overly naive and trusting small town dweller is nonsensical to me in this particular situation. That Anne would feel comfortable enough to ask a stranger for such a favor is just beyond my comprehension. They had to force Liz interactions to properly wedge her into the story.
Now, i did not mind knowing Liz's POV and how everything tied back into her story line. for clarification only.... yet, I still did not actually want to see Liz. At all. There is no real need to center her. She is not this badass that they want her to be.
To be fair, ghost Kaplan did present Liz with a choice - to walk away or become Red 2.0. Liz opted for he latter so ghost Kaplan went about advising her on how to ruthlessly accomplish her goal. I still think that she is being mischaracterized though. Seeing Kaplan made me realize how much I missed her contribution.

By the way, Dembe was right about Red not being able to live a normal life. he should have listened. Anne looks to be dead and now I need for Liz to actually die.

Last edited:

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
By the way, Dembe was right about Red not being able to live a normal life. he should have listened. Anne looks to be dead and now I need for Liz to actually die.
Dembe is going to be in full on "I told you so" mode. From not getting involved with Anne in the first place, to not letting his guard down, to not shooting Kate so that she would turn on him and eventually become ghost Kaplan. If Red did simple stuff like going through Anne's phone he would have seen the photo of Liz's license. But maybe that's a stretch since I'm not sure we have seen Red even touch a smart phone. Maybe he could have had Dembe go in through her cloud backup.

Was the plan to get Raymond someplace where he was isolated and didn't have his normal resources at hand? Why not hijack him on the road to or from the airport? Why bother with all that surveillance in town? Plus they had to have known he was leaving on Sunday anyway.

edit: looked at the preview again, Liz looks like she is in some factory uniform.

Last edited:

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,780 1,511 698
Alleybux
Is this the origins of Reddington?

JS's guest appearance in s09e09 of seinfeld. These aren't in order. The background is that James' character is a recovering alcoholic and wants to apologize to everyone he has wronged. The first scene is when James tells Jerry that he's sorry about calling him Gary. George wants an apology for a time when James threw a party and would not give George his cashmere sweater to wear. Jerry and Elaine differ on whether it was because George's neck or head would have stretched it out.

(this scene takes place after George confronts James)

not sure how long these links will hold.

locdempress

Reaction score
Reactions
223,165 5,528 152
Alleybux
James Spaders had a nice head of hair back in the day in my opinion.