Quantcast

The Boondocks Official Season 4 Thread (Trailer Inside)

KurotoDan

DANgerousZombie
Reaction score
Reactions
22,237 741 214
Alleybux
Reading is fundamental, ***** (Stinkmeiner voice) I stated this EPISODE... EPISODE as in one and not the entire season...was on part with previous seasons... Learn to read and comprehend before providing me with a season breakdown that wasn't requested :dance:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

i_dont_give_a_shit.gif

wleakr

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
50 2 2
Alleybux
Wait a damn minute! I thought it was 20 episodes this season? What happened? Only 10 episodes, and this is how it ends. I haven't seen the last two episodes but I'm really disappointed in how the Boondocks is gonna end. Plus the stories aren't consistent, I read an article where Michael B. Jordan said Aaron told him that he was fired but yet we hear that he choose to leave. It's all a big mess.

The 20 episodes thing was taken from commentary Witherspoon gave in 2011; obviously based on the complete season 4 DVD being released on 6/24, it is actually 10 eps.

The McGruder firing/quitting is probably a little of both. My guess is the network had an agreement with him to do so many episodes/seasons and got tired of waiting for him to produce. Can't really blame them for that. Probably told him to either come through or we'll use your characters and finish the job ourselves. McGruder took extreme sabbaticals on the newspaper strip, also.

Samantha Brick

English Rose
Reaction score
Reactions
338 31 14
Alleybux
just watched the whole season. it's actually better than season 3. i look forward to season 5.

Samantha Brick

English Rose
Reaction score
Reactions
338 31 14
Alleybux
And now that I think about it again, the only things I hated about season 4 are:
-Jazmine was given no storyline, as I loved the Huey/Jazmine dynamic in the past

-the whole debt thing with Wuncler was overplayed. I'd rather see the Wuncler brothers than.. who I'm assuming is their father. At least they were funny

-uncle ruckus got too much screentime. he was literally the worst character of the show. sometimes his character was poignant, but most of the time, like wuncler, his role in the season felt overdone

-where was that blonde, female basketball player, played by tara strong? i would have loved to have seen her in the last episode, cause she probably would have defended riley

-stinkmeaner never interested me, not even in the first season

-would have loved to see more episodes referencing politics and aspects of american culture as a whole, not just pertaining to black people, but proper commentary on our whole society, like how in the past there was a christmas play, another time jazmine had her lemonade stand for a pony, etc.

:laugh: i guess i did have a lot to critique about this season, but that's really a testament on how much i disliked season 3. if i were to put the show in order from best season to worst, it would go by 1 2 4 3. the only saving grace in season 3 was "pause".

I wish they were 5 more episodes so season 4 could have 15, too

KurvyBeauty

Pretty Brown Brown
Reaction score
Reactions
46,254 1,611 353
Alleybux
Just saw Monday's episode. Dan shame they waited until the last two episodes to get back to normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

KINGCarlo

PHARAOH
Reaction score
Reactions
106,662 7,053 476
Alleybux
I still can't stand Uncle Ruckus, he got too much screentime in this short season.

Usako

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,783 1,324 2,312
Alleybux
Awful season. That last episode was a big :stop:

I am one to like all episodes of The Boondocks, and I agree with you. This one was kind of offensive, sad to say. It's kind of wrong to tease the mentally handicap, no matter how you put it. They are totally defenseless beings. It's an all time low to pick on them. But on the bright side, atleast Riley learned his lesson in the end? Or did he :bulgy-eyes:? They didn't really make that clear.

PROV0CATEUR

Flyin Air Bronco Like Diddy
Reaction score
Reactions
348,333 17,355 6,657
Alleybux
For season 4 - do y’all think they will bring Cristal back? She told Robert she’d come back.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom