Quantcast

The Cambridge’s go on staycation in Pandemic

Doyouwanna

Is it me? Am I the villain?
Reaction score
Reactions
111,205 1,556 613
Alleybux
Prince William and Kate whisk kids off on staycation as they enjoy sunny bike ride
EXCLUSIVE: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took their three children to the Isles of Scilly for a staycation, where Prince William went to as a kid with Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Princess Diana

• BY RUSSELL MYERS
  • 22:41, 30 JUL 2020
1_The-Duke-and-Duchess-of-Cambridge.jpg

Prince William treated Kate Middleton and their kids to a staycation holiday on the Isles of Scilly(Image: PA)

Prince William has taken his family on a staycation to the Isles of Scilly, where he enjoyed holidays as a boy with brother Harry and parents Charles and Diana.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said hello to locals as they cycled across the stunning island of Tresco today.

They decided against a foreign break with George, seven, Charlotte, five, and Louis, two, amid the coronavirus crisis.

Sources said a potential need to quarantine if visiting Europe would have hampered their return to work.

William was pictured as a boy visiting Scilly in June 1989 wearing shorts and a red jumper on a bike ride with his family.

1_Prince-and-Princess-of-Wales-with-sons-Prince-William-right-and-Prince-Harry.jpg

Prince and Princess of Wales with sons Prince William, right, and Prince Harry on a cycling trip in Tresco in June 1989(Image: PA)

And rumours spread after their 2011 wedding that he and Kate flew to the destination off the coast of Cornwall.

The couple, both 38, visited in 2016 – when William reminisced about his trip as a seven-year-old lad.

A holidaymaker today said: “William and Kate were riding their bicycles, having a laugh. They looked so happy enjoying the weather.

I did do a double take. They were really friendly and said hello.”

The Cambridges have been staying at their Anmer Hall home in Norfolk.

1x1.png

A source said: “They decided on a quick getaway before the children return to school. They were keen to support our travel industry.”

The family are expected to return to Norfolk on Friday.

ShawtOrdaCook

Resident Nay'Murican
Reaction score
Reactions
88,513 2,735 341
Alleybux
What do you do when faced with bad publicity re: your racist comments and exposure in a book?

You pack up the broodmare and kids and take off for vacay during a pandemic, and desperately try to reclaim the goodwill by copying your dead mother down to the activity she was doing on the island! 'Pap' pics imminent!

SagittariusGirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
59,569 620 96
Alleybux
If this were Harry and Meghan the media would be outraged, calling them irresponsible. Very interesting to see the difference in coverage.

LolaBea

Never argue w someone Harriet would've left behind
Reaction score
Reactions
541,356 5,941 1,428
Alleybux
What do you do when faced with bad publicity re: your racist comments and exposure in a book?

You pack up the broodmare and kids and take off for vacay during a pandemic, and desperately try to reclaim the goodwill by copying your dead mother down to the activity she was doing on the island! 'Pap' pics imminent!

There aren't any paps in the UK and royals never get their photos taken because they the paps respect their privacy.

Please don't search for evidence to refute this I will save you the trouble because noNE eXiSTs.

violet83

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,763 251 16
Alleybux
If this were Harry and Meghan the media would be outraged, calling them irresponsible. Very interesting to see the difference in coverage.
Probably, but then Megs and Harry have been doing SFA being non working royals and all, the Cambridge’s have been out and about working as well as their Zoom meetings.
As mentioned in the article, they are supporting the local tourism industry, and being green at it as well.

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,640 2,693 348
Alleybux
Prince William and Kate whisk kids off on staycation as they enjoy sunny bike ride
EXCLUSIVE: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge took their three children to the Isles of Scilly for a staycation, where Prince William went to as a kid with Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Princess Diana

• BY RUSSELL MYERS
  • 22:41, 30 JUL 2020
1_The-Duke-and-Duchess-of-Cambridge.jpg

Prince William treated Kate Middleton and their kids to a staycation holiday on the Isles of Scilly(Image: PA)

Prince William has taken his family on a staycation to the Isles of Scilly, where he enjoyed holidays as a boy with brother Harry and parents Charles and Diana.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said hello to locals as they cycled across the stunning island of Tresco today.

They decided against a foreign break with George, seven, Charlotte, five, and Louis, two, amid the coronavirus crisis.

Sources said a potential need to quarantine if visiting Europe would have hampered their return to work.

William was pictured as a boy visiting Scilly in June 1989 wearing shorts and a red jumper on a bike ride with his family.

1_Prince-and-Princess-of-Wales-with-sons-Prince-William-right-and-Prince-Harry.jpg

Prince and Princess of Wales with sons Prince William, right, and Prince Harry on a cycling trip in Tresco in June 1989(Image: PA)

And rumours spread after their 2011 wedding that he and Kate flew to the destination off the coast of Cornwall.

The couple, both 38, visited in 2016 – when William reminisced about his trip as a seven-year-old lad.

A holidaymaker today said: “William and Kate were riding their bicycles, having a laugh. They looked so happy enjoying the weather.

I did do a double take. They were really friendly and said hello.”

1x1.png

A source said: “They decided on a quick getaway before the children return to school. They were keen to support our travel industry.”

Do they know a staycation is staying at home?????

And not on islands across the country??? Literally, I looked up Amner (in Kings Lynch, Norfolk) all the way to Scilly and they is literally on opposite ends of the country!

Even if the Royals don't know that a staycation means staying at home, the reporters should know better than using that word during a high moment of unemployment.

B. Leigh

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,368 2,442 2,851
Alleybux
I feel like the UK tabs are being passive aggressive with these articles...they seem polite but they are written in a way for the British public to want to throw proverbial fruit...

Excitotoxin

"I dissent"
Reaction score
Reactions
47,099 348 54
Alleybux
Staycation?

Yes, taking the kids on a private jet for ~ 350 miles one way sure is a staycation. :rolleyes:

But hey, let's ignore the fact that parts of the country are back under a second lockdown - or will be soon. :sneaky:

Vaillante

ᴛɪᴄᴏ
Reaction score
Reactions
82,100 863 57
Alleybux
Oh how wise of them to take their 3 little kids away on vacations during a pandemic :emoji_upside_down:
Round of applause for the smartest future future King.
gRxjhVNfFgqI0.gif

forsyth

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
2,413 5 13
Alleybux

Your first paragraph aptly describes his brother. Trauma seems to have confused you.

LolaBea

Reaction score
Reactions
541,356 5,941 1,428
Alleybux
The UK is filled with idiots, royals basically keeping money (tax money) in their pockets and I bet families will be ready to pack up and give this place a visit. We know who the end beneficiary is

Royals: 1
Public: - £2.4M

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,640 2,693 348
Alleybux
The UK is filled with idiots, royals basically keeping money (tax money) in their pockets and I bet families will be ready to pack up and give this place a visit. We know who the end beneficiary is

Omg the Brits just don't push critical thinking far??

This staycation could have been kept a secret :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LolaBea

Reaction score
Reactions
541,356 5,941 1,428
Alleybux
Omg the Brits just don't push critical thinking far??

This staycation could have been kept a secret :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think as part of Earthshot they'll post the family enjoying their time and promote local travel, nevermind years of travelling to Mustique in private jet. They'll be lauded for choosing the UK (mind you travel outside of the UK isn't encouraged unless necessary). We will see side by sides of a young William and George, they are so boring.

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,640 2,693 348
Alleybux
I think as part of Earthshot they'll post the family enjoying their time and promote local travel, nevermind years of travelling to Mustique in private jet. They'll be lauded for choosing the UK (mind you travel outside of the UK isn't encouraged unless necessary). We will see side by sides of a young William and George, they are so boring.

Yikes. There were so many UK influencers who have been traveling all the way to Spain, France etc, as if all the borders were open to them.

MissGandy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,637 320 39
Alleybux

1x1.png

Word?
giphy.gif

LavenderJo21

Southern Hurricane
Reaction score
Reactions
13,248 28 12
Alleybux
Yikes. There were so many UK influencers who have been traveling all the way to Spain, France etc, as if all the borders were open to them.
I’ve seen sooo many traveling! And I’m just confused as hell. Feels like we’re living through totally different pandemics.

Rainn87

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,723 1,708 494
Alleybux

Wait! The place is mostly owned by Charles. We really need to call this family, the Hustling Royal Windsors :LOL:

Rainn87

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,723 1,708 494
Alleybux
It’s very telling how certain people aren’t in here with the faux outrage

It's because no Black, Biracial, Asian or Hispanic was involved, in this vacation story. As long as,no minorities were flying on that helicopter, their fine with Cambridge's wasting tax payer funds. And doing bare minimum Zoom calls :LOL:

Threads on the Cambridge's hypocrisy are like...

200.gif

It's almost as if certain fonts have an issue with only...cough...the biracial royal family member...cough :whistle:

Last edited:

Doyouwanna

Is it me? Am I the villain?
Reaction score
Reactions
111,205 1,556 613
Alleybux
It's because no Black, Biracial, Asian or Hispanic was involved, in this vacation story. As long as,no minorities were flying on that helicopter, their fine with Cambridge's wasting tax payer funds. And doing bare minimum Zoom calls :LOL:

Truer words have never been spoke

LolaBea

Reaction score
Reactions
541,356 5,941 1,428
Alleybux
I’ve seen sooo many traveling! And I’m just confused as hell. Feels like we’re living through totally different pandemics.

My friend in the UK has steady been posting and I see them having backyard shindigs, picking up their daughter from the last days of daycare, hanging out at the beach and I'm like

giphy.gif

Funny thing though she wants to visit her mum in Canada but if they do they have to quarantine for 14 days so they are trying to find a cottage. Not an easy thing to do during the summer.

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,640 2,693 348
Alleybux
My friend in the UK has steady been posting and I see them having backyard shindigs, picking up their daughter from the last days of daycare, hanging out at the beach and I'm like

giphy.gif

Funny thing though she wants to visit her mum in Canada but if they do they have to quarantine for 14 days so they are trying to find a cottage. Not an easy thing to do during the summer.

Rah. So this woman who has been running around having a kiki in the country with the 3rd highest death rate can fly into Canada (I'm assuming she has a passport or permanent residency) but the Canadian government told international students that they had to pay 4x the amount of tuition as domestic students and they still can't come in?!?

Listen. If she wants to have a nice time in a cottage, I suggest that she follow the lead of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and do a "staycation." I mean she can go across England, Scotland, and Wales-- It's all within the UK so all a staycation.

Sallie Blair

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
449,336 14,182 6,597
Alleybux
Weird how the Cambridges are keen to copy Charles and Diana's toxic, failed marriage. Weren't they both having affairs by 1989, and Diana already plotting her revenge (that culminated in her book with Andrew Morton)?

Cyn

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,422 187 153
Alleybux
Why do I feel like they're fµck!ng with us since they put the word keen in every article about these two?

kirroyale

Wine is fine, but liquor is quicker
Reaction score
Reactions
138,908 5,350 156
Alleybux
Why do I feel like they're fµck!ng with us since they put the word keen in every article about these two?

Keen = dead giveaway it's a British writer or the content was copied from one. It's a word, but not used nearly as much here.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,202 10,054
Alleybux

aoU.gif

They still calling sitting in their den taking ZOOM CALLS "work", huh?

:disdain:

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,202 10,054
Alleybux
Keen = dead giveaway it's a British writer or the content was copied from one. It's a word, but not used nearly as much here.

Every time they say "keen" in regards to Will and Kate, I'm going to take a table spoon of ice cream from the fridge.

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,640 2,693 348
Alleybux
According to the Brits over at Celebitchy, staycation in the UK means holidaying within the UK-- which to me just sounds like the UK implicitly recognizing that they spend so much time squatting in other people's countries (and being rude on top of it) that they consider being in their own country less special.