Quantcast

The Cary Joji Fukunaga Appreciation Thread.

vivavictoria

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,345 24
Alleybux
I mean I’m not sure how he’s into fashion. He’s not a great dresser. His suits are never that special and often could be tailored better. He only appears to own a couple Gucci pieces otherwise he generally wears the same clothes all the time.

I feel like he’s just trying to fit into another world bc he has identity issues....

This. He loves to play dress up and immerse himself in things where he can be or do something he wouldn't otherwise.

vivavictoria

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,345 24
Alleybux
I think she wants to be an actress AND a fashion icon. She always attends fashion show, went to the CFDA gala, etc.

They're also a good way for a model turned actress to promote herself.

Fashion icon seems a bit far, but maybe that's because it's such a hard no from me.

lollaaah

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,841 19 4
Alleybux
Have you guys noticed that this thread has been viewed 867 715 times :confused: ? It's more than the Fassbender thread which is like 230 pages long.

vivavictoria

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,345 24
Alleybux
Have you guys noticed that this thread has been viewed 867 715 times :confused: ? It's more than the Fassbender thread which is like 230 pages long.

There are a lot of other places where they talk about shark boy, but when you Google Cary this thread comes up pretty high in the results.

alimor86

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,590 4
Alleybux
They're also a good way for a model turned actress to promote herself.

Fashion icon seems a bit far, but maybe that's because it's such a hard no from me.

Maybe she tries to distance herself from fashion but it’s hard to resist such opportunities like a front row seat at a prestigious fashion show.

Miha

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
252 3
Alleybux
sorry I messed up this post and i don't know how to delete it lol

Last edited:

TrapperKeeper

The Generalist of General Managers
Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
It’s men’s fashion week though. So this is all him not her, men’s fashion week first and foremost reaches out to men.

Miha

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
252 3
Alleybux
Thank you for the update! I just watched the entire show and there isn’t a single close up shot of them, so how did you even notice them??? is there anything you wanna share with the group, @gogiberry?
He attended the Hermès Men's FW19 show yesterday in Paris. The Hermès IG account posted a livestream. At the 10:25 mark during the final walk, you can see him holding him phone and Kristen sitting next to him.

vivavictoria

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,345 24
Alleybux
I suggest we turn this into a proper dragging thread instead ! There's little I enjoy more than making fun of a 41 yo fool who date pre-teen looking barely legal girls :sneaky:
Also he must breastfeeding her or something because chica's life now basically revolves around following him (Maldives / London / Paris)

He shares a lot of astrological placements with Henry Cavill and we can see how that thread turned out.

It was destiny. Written in the stars :star

lollaaah

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,841 19 4
Alleybux
I suggest we turn this into a proper dragging thread instead ! There's little I enjoy more than making fun of a 41 yo fool who date pre-teen looking barely legal girls :sneaky:
Also he must breastfeeding her or something because chica's life now basically revolves around following him (Maldives / London / Paris)

She's smart. She knows that's how you secure the bag, by following him everywhere à la Daniela

TrapperKeeper

Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
I really don’t think it’s like that. She’s really young I think she’s in a gullible honeymoon stage. I don’t think she’s some sort of gold digger. Nor by any means did Daniela attempt to do anything like that she just went to a couple events with him otherwise she had a 9-5.

Imma be honest, the ladies aren’t the issue in this situation....

vivavictoria

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,345 24
Alleybux
I really don’t think it’s like that. She’s really young I think she’s in a gullible honeymoon stage. I don’t think she’s some sort of gold digger. Nor by any means did Daniela attempt to do anything like that she just went to a couple events with him otherwise she had a 9-5.

:emoji_microphone::emoji_microphone::emoji_microphone:

(I can't find the megaphone emoji on here)

vivavictoria

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,345 24
Alleybux
That's a shame because she barely started in the industry, if I were her I would take advantage of the notoriety she got from the Netflix movie to score more projects ... not making my life revolve around a middle-aged dude who's probably not in it for the long haul, let's be honest. And if she thinks that Cary can help her score bigger parts, then she's even more naïve than she looks, dude can barely get his own projects into fruition, he doesn't have that kind of clout.

:rosedead

I know you're just speaking facts but this is so funny.

TrapperKeeper

Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
I mean she’s no stale biscuit. She’s got that Alaska thing coming up that’s got huge hype for the preteens. I believe it’s filming this year. It’s not like she has nothing going for her.

I would just hope she doesn’t hold herself back for a relationship with a guy who by all means appears to be a fair weather boyfriend.

lollaaah

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,841 19 4
Alleybux
That's a shame because she barely started in the industry, if I were her I would take advantage of the notoriety she got from the Netflix movie to score more projects ... not making my life revolve around a middle-aged dude who's probably not in it for the long haul, let's be honest. And if she thinks that Cary can help her score bigger parts, then she's even more naïve than she looks, dude can barely get his own projects into fruition, he doesn't have that kind of clout.

Maybe she's betting on the future lol. James Bond could be career defining for him.

lollaaah

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,841 19 4
Alleybux
I mean she’s no stale biscuit. She’s got that Alaska thing coming up that’s got huge hype for the preteens. I believe it’s filming this year. It’s not like she has nothing going for her.

I would just hope she doesn’t hold herself back for a relationship with a guy who by all means prepares to be a fair weather boyfriend.

She's also recently filmed another Netflix tv show, The Society.

MEL2426

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
41 2 8
Alleybux

This!!!! Even she will look back in a few years and see it.

TrapperKeeper

Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
She's also recently filmed another Netflix tv show, The Society.

Yeah, she doesn’t need Cary. She permanently looks 13 she can play teens forever. Plus they have the same mgmt so it’s not like he do anything for her she can’t do for herself. I just don’t think he’s some heavy weight. Sin Nombre was great but it’s not famous, Jane Eyre was whatever- you have to like period pieces to care, TD he did exceptionally but the entire thing was poorly written dialogue and heavily plagiarized- so he shined for his part, BONN was great but didn’t get that Oscar nod everyone was hoping for, Maniac was interesting but was no smash hit- again another piece that had a specific audience. He started dating her pre bond announcement so it’s not like she saw moneybags.

I just think she’s a 22 yr old who looks like a teen with an up and coming career that’s happens to date a guy with some family/identity issues, looks hot with braids, needs to stop singing wagon wheel and is a great director. But he’s no Spielberg, Coppola, Kurbrick or etc... he admittedly said in that interview did no real work for like 4 years. And he consistently leaves projects. Like previously said, he doesn’t have that clout. I just don’t think Kristine Froseth is the issue. This is all him.

TrapperKeeper

Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
I just disagree. She did all that sh!t for the Sierra burgesss thing, then finished filming the society early December. Now she’s on break till she films in march. She also did all that press for the Henry whatever affair with Dempsey. She had a busy year. Busier than Cary she had 3 projects come out.

I don’t know what her future roles might be. I don’t follow her career enough but I don’t think she’s some low level person. She legit started acting within the last two years and has done quite well for herself.

And maybe that’s why they’re staying quiet so she can be captioned ‘actress Kristine Froseth’ on photos instead of ‘Director Cary Fukunaga and his daughter.’ She might be playing this right.

Last edited:

TrapperKeeper

Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
But how so? Because she’s spending her break between filming with him? Isn’t that logical?

And she can’t try for anything else but teen stuff. However apostle and Dempsey mini series were both serious, not teen related she just played teens. And Burgess was for the teens. The society is probably all teens. But how is she not being serious?

I just think Cary’s the one doing the dirty here not her. I’m sorry but we all obviously find him attractive so it’s not like we can’t figure out why she would date him. I just don’t think he has much weight in the industry. His Film with Gyllenhaal is likely dead. Killed by his idol Spielberg who not only secured all famous music rights but is producing the biopic with Cooper as well as a West side story. And no ones even nodded back to Cary/Jakes film since Spielberg undercut them. No ones like ‘oh Cary is such a great dark horse let’s watch out’. I mean we can Rag on her but I don’t think she’s nothing.

Plus suki Waterhouse was a famous model who transitioned. Kristine might not ever been known for her modeling if she plays out her acting career right.

Last edited:

TrapperKeeper

Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
How did she follow him around all summer if all evidence we have was that Swedish festival? Was there anything before that for June/July? Does anyone have more evidence we haven’t seen?

Reaction score
Reactions
3,814 75 19
Alleybux
My theory is that he needs girls to be impressed by him and that is why he dates/shows interest in girls so much younger than him of late. His self esteem is tied up with who he can impress and it’s not women who have experience, social and emotional intelligence.

He for sure has emotional issues and is underdeveloped in that area. Him at 41 is sadly on the same emotional level as a 22 year old. He for sure is immature for his age. He needs to fit in and status means a lot to him. It’s not a coincidence that most of his close associates are super rich and white. Remember that interview where he said he grew up in a home where you they weren’t supposed to like bougie stuff but he does bougie things?

He is a follower. Whoever he is around is who he becomes. His identity is everyone else’s. Classic INFJ personality type.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,814 75 19
Alleybux
upload_2019-1-20_20-5-4.jpeg

Y’all waste no time :joy:

TrapperKeeper

Reaction score
Reactions
10,170 137 26
Alleybux
Look it is what it is at this point. We can just hope they’re happy.

You know, picture it with me.... they’re enjoying a candle lit dinner. He’s having filet mingon, she’s having pizza bites. It’s 8:30pm so he tucks her into the top bunk of her bed with a nice glass of warm milk. While he goes back to the fireside with a bottle of wine and his favorite copy of Malcom X’s Biography. The next morning he plans to surprise her with the locket of a dead women he never met and could’ve fully well hated her controlling husband who gave it to her, while they go sledding.... It’s all romance guys. Pure romance.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,814 75 19
Alleybux
Look it is what it is at this point. We can just hope they’re happy.

You know, picture it with me.... they’re enjoying a candle lit dinner. He’s having filet mingon, she’s having pizza bites. It’s 8:30pm so he tucks her into the top bunk of her bed with a nice glass of warm milk. While he goes back to the fireside with a bottle of wine and his favorite copy of Malcom X’s Biography. The next morning he plans to surprise her with the locket of a dead women he never met and could’ve fully well hated her controlling husband who gave it to her, while they go sledding.... It’s all romance guys. Pure romance.
You the real LSA MVP:joy:

Reaction score
Reactions
3,814 75 19
Alleybux
I’ve noticed a common thread in most of his films: xesual abuse of children. Let me explain—

Sin Nombre: girl almost raped
Jane Eyre: he shot a scene where young Jane is molested by another girl at school (he decides to not use it) that’s not even mentioned or suggested in the original novel
True Detective: self explanatory
BONN: Agu abused by commandant
IT: oh boy, a draft had Beverly’s father running his hands up her leg to take off her underwear. Parents of child actors pull their kids from auditioning
Alienist: rape & murder of boys
Maniac: alludes to Mrs. Mantleray sleeping in her son’s bed for too long and it being “weird”

Don’t know if I’m reaching with this but I only bring it up bc someone read one of the IT drafts and said he should never be allowed to work with children.

MatchaSoup

Coop up and absorb Clarity, Peace and Serenity
Reaction score
Reactions
3,723 100 33
Alleybux
Hi guys! Im new to this thread and I just want to share something. I got so interested with Cary that i searched all of his works and I found that his mom was a producer of his first film so I also searched her. Then I found this video with the title Abandoned Parents. I figured out that he and his half-brother are not okay with their mom.

Sorry for my english

wonderchild

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,221 3,650 1,529
Alleybux
Hi guys! Im new to this thread and I just want to share something. I got so interested with Cary that i searched all of his works and I found that his mom was a producer of his first film so I also searched her. Then I found this video with the title Abandoned Parents. I figured out that he and his half-brother are not okay with their mom.

Sorry for my english

Wait, his mother abandoned him?

wonderchild

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,221 3,650 1,529
Alleybux
I’ve noticed a common thread in most of his films: xesual abuse of children. Let me explain—

Sin Nombre: girl almost raped
Jane Eyre: he shot a scene where young Jane is molested by another girl at school (he decides to not use it) that’s not even mentioned or suggested in the original novel
True Detective: self explanatory
BONN: Agu abused by commandant
IT: oh boy, a draft had Beverly’s father running his hands up her leg to take off her underwear. Parents of child actors pull their kids from auditioning
Alienist: rape & murder of boys
Maniac: alludes to Mrs. Mantleray sleeping in her son’s bed for too long and it being “weird”

Don’t know if I’m reaching with this but I only bring it up bc someone read one of the IT drafts and said he should never be allowed to work with children.

Damn. You did your research. What could all of this mean?