Quantcast

The De-Blacking of Meghan Markle

Seider

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,175 3,085 3,747
Alleybux
Firstly she refers to herself as biracial, secondly, even if her mother was only the average AA genetically, that still makes her genetically more European lol. How do people not understand how that works? Thirdly there hasn't really been a "De-Blacking" of her, its specifically mostly social media black women who ever referred to her as black

"Black" is an ethnicity, not just a racial category. When Black Americans use "Black", we are almost always using it to denote ethnicity. Meghan can be Biracial and Black. I 'm not a fan. I don't think she wants to be Black. Her pejorative. But, technically, she IS Black American in the technical sense. She has the lineage. If reparations went out tomorrow, she'd qualify. A Nigerian would not.

Shaneyahoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,716 311 473
Alleybux
"Black" is an ethnicity, not just a racial category. When Black Americans use "Black", we are almost always using it to denote ethnicity. Meghan can be Biracial and Black. I 'm not a fan. I don't think she wants to be Black. Her pejorative. But, technically, she IS Black American in the technical sense. She has the lineage. If reparations went out tomorrow, she'd qualify. A Nigerian would not.
would i qualify? my momma is an afram or ADOS and my dad is Nigerian. How does that work

Seider

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,175 3,085 3,747
Alleybux
would i qualify? my momma is an afram or ADOS and my dad is Nigerian. How does that work
If you really are half Black American, and have the paperwork to back it up, yes you would qualify. Same as Meghan.. Reparations is based on lineage.

Shaneyahoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,716 311 473
Alleybux
If you really are half Black American, and have the paperwork to back it up, yes you would qualify. Same as Meghan.. Reparations is based on lineage.
she doesn't even have the papers to back it up lol, so again how would that work?

hunnybe

The Empress
Reaction score
Reactions
17,829 356 379
Alleybux
There’s is no “de-blacking” of her that needs to be done, when she’s not Black begin with. Meghan refers to herself a biracial only. The most she said she looks like is “exotic Caucasian”. She does not identify as Black. Why do y’all continue force an id on her that she does not fit, want, or claim?
And they love to post that one Tweet from that one time.

It really is embarrassing, it's clear she doesn't really have Black people in her circle.

GraceMerci

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,089 1,520 881
Alleybux
I understand the op. They want to erase her part black ancestry out of ancestry, the way they picture Meghan with straight hair and lightened skinned and her post surgery pictures were nothing like now.

LolaBea

Never argue w someone Harriet would've left behind
Reaction score
Reactions
541,345 5,941 1,428
Alleybux
I understand the op. They want to erase her part black ancestry out of ancestry, the way they picture Meghan with straight hair and lightened skinned and her post surgery pictures were nothing like now.
Post surgery? Oh come off it, not this crazy talk making its way outside of that thread.

dutchoven

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,218 47 22
Alleybux
There’s is no “de-blacking” of her that needs to be done, when she’s not Black begin with. Meghan refers to herself a biracial only. The most she said she looks like is “exotic Caucasian”. She does not identify as Black. Why do y’all continue force an id on her that she does not fit, want, or claim?
Guys I found where the whitewashing/ “de-Blacking” is happening! Over here! She just looks like an “exotic” Caucasian ( barf at the racist word choice) so it’s totally not racist that we abuse her!

MiyahLee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
117,137 8,761 8,253
Alleybux
Firstly she refers to herself as biracial, secondly, even if her mother was only the average AA genetically, that still makes her genetically more European lol. How do people not understand how that works? Thirdly there hasn't really been a "De-Blacking" of her, its specifically mostly social media black women who ever referred to her as black
It's the way your last sentence is a lie. I've seen literally every race call this lady Black. Yall always hollering only black women do something on this board...

peekaboo29

Came for the tea, stayed for the shade.
Reaction score
Reactions
317,138 10,843 2,725
Alleybux
Guys I found where the whitewashing/ “de-Blacking” is happening! Over here! She just looks like an “exotic” Caucasian ( barf at the racist word choice) so it’s totally not racist that we abuse her!
This is probably the dumbest quote I’ve ever gotten on this site. SHE said her agents (that she’s still friends with) call her look exotic Caucasian and she agreed. Lastly, I’m actually a BLACK woman, so I can’t be “racist” especially to any non Black people. Do your research first please don’t embarrass yourself further.

dutchoven

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,218 47 22
Alleybux
This is probably the dumbest quote I’ve ever gotten on this site. SHE said her agents (that she’s still friends with) call her look exotic Caucasian and she agreed. Lastly, I’m actually a BLACK woman, so I can’t be “racist” especially to any non Black people. Do your research first please don’t embarrass yourself further.
Black people, Latino people, white people, Asian people, ETC can be racist to nonBlack people. What are you talking about? Internalized racism is real. Colorism is real. Nonwhite people being pitted against each other is real.

peekaboo29

Came for the tea, stayed for the shade.
Reaction score
Reactions
317,138 10,843 2,725
Alleybux
Black people, Latino people, white people, Asian people, ETC can be racist to nonBlack people. What are you talking about? Internalized racism is real. Colorism is real. Nonwhite people being pitted against each other is real.
I will encourage you one last time to do some actual research on the subjects you speak about. Black people in this country can not be racist just prejudice. I’ll leave it it to you educate yourself on why that is.

Colorism is real and has nothing to do with this subject. Internalized racism is real and also has nothing to do with this subject unless you are somehow referring it to Meghan.

Dahalla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,072 2,925 346
Alleybux
I don't care about Megan Markle but my God I can't stand Candance Owens. She makes me want to defend her now.
Lol that’s the crazy part, so many people didn’t care for Meghan like myself until the smear campaign against her and the racism now lots of people have rallied to support her which is exactly the opposite of what the British media and BRF wanted.

Dahalla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,072 2,925 346
Alleybux
I am exhausted. Why attack Meghan who admittedly is biracial and exxotical?

The Royal family sucks.

Do people hate biracials this much to attack then instead of the bigger issue?

There is a whole lot going on here but white supremacy is the root of it. Yes lightskinned people gaslight darkerskinned black people when colorism is rampant (also lightskinned with two black parents is different than being biracial) but that is not what is going on here.

I think this is less about Meghan and more about what she represents (the "passing" of the 1800s biracials)

Honestly I have more of a problem with Zendaya (y'alls fav) than Meghan. Meghan doesn't take up room where monoracial black women should be.
Zendaya called out colourism and racism when she won that award last year she said she knows she’s Hollywood’s acceptable version of a black girl and how she wants to see more fully black darker skinned girls getting the roles she was also getting I don’t hate Zendaya I hate the game. Hollyweird especially in America is rampant I really do want to see more unambiguous monoracial black girls I feel like when there’s a black boy on TV he’s always fully black and looks that way unlike the girls.