The disappearance of Lashaya Stine

MuffyCrosswire

Seulgi ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
507,018 16,852 5,391
Alleybux

The Disappearance of LaShaya Stine | Hue and Cry

In 2016, LaShaya Stine was 16-years-old and lived with her family in Aurora, Colorado. LaShaya attended George Washington high school and was known to be a good student who was on the honor roll. She had recently been selected by the University of Colorado Hospital for an internship and wanted to study nursing in college.

The evening of July 15 was one of anticipation, as LaShaya was looking forward to a job interview the next day. When her mother Sabrina Jones went to bed that night, it would be the last time she would see her daughter.

The next morning, the family realized that LaShaya was not in the house when they attempted to wake her up for her interview. Her phone went straight to voicemail and attempts to look for her in the neighborhood were unsuccessful. The family contacted police, who initially treated the case as one of a runaway and it was almost a week later when the police chief, who had been away on vacation returned and took a closer look.

It was during this time, that police also informed the family that they had surveillance video of LaShaya the night she went missing. The video was taken at 2:30 am and LaShaya could be seen walking near East Montview Boulevard and Peoria Street.

lashaya-video.jpg

Sabrina believes that LaShaya had gone to meet someone, and was planning on returning to the house, as her clothes, wallet, and phone charger were still in her room. Her window had also been left open which would have allowed her to re-enter her room.

LaShaya’s ex-boyfriend and friends were all questioned, but no clues or information came up that moved the case forward and no one was suspected of any foul play. Various tips came in that pointed to LaShaya being a victim of human trafficking, including sightings of her coming in and out of motels in areas known to be popular in trafficking. In these sightings, she was seen with a man who was thought to have been taking her in and out of Colorado and into different states. One of the tipsters claimed to have seen LaShaya in a motel and accurately described a distinct scar on her chest. A girl who escaped from trafficking also came forward claiming to have been with LaShaya. Unfortunately, police were never successful in finding her in any of the locations mentioned in the sightings.

In 2019, an age-progressed photo of LaShaya was released:

lashaya-age-progression.jpg

If you have any sort of information regarding this case, please contact the Aurora Police Department at 303-739-6164 and Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867.

The Aurora Police Department, Metro Denver Crime Stoppers and FBI are offering rewards totaling $15,000 for information that helps them find LaShaya.

images

Amanda Woodward

Vice President of D & D Advertising
Reaction score
Reactions
70,656 1,243 161
Alleybux
This poor girl. It's so hard to find trafficked victims because they move so frequently. Praying for a miracle.

casandra

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
5,477 144 79
Alleybux
So... was she already seeing men during her disappearance? Or was she outside to meet a boyfriend/friend. I’m confused as to why she left her house in the middle of the night.

I hate to bring race into this, but had she been white, with daddy in some high up job, she’d be home already.

ChocolateCreole

Miami doll
Reaction score
Reactions
7,433 399 273
Alleybux
Question, what exactly is human trafficking? I’ve heard different answers and I’m trying to narrow it down. Is it basically forced prostitution or willing prostitution due to being brainwashed? I heard someone on the breakfast club explain her experience and it came across as someone that let the wrong person persuade her and now had a co dependency. Can they actually leave when they want to?
Most people leave without their chargers all the time. Leaving the window open could be due to not wanting to be loud and wake anyone up when she left. She could’ve been pursuing a career she wasn’t even into. Idk. I just don’t think it’s so black and white.

Nascarnancy

Excuse me while I squint at this
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I hope she's found safely.
Young women have to realize that they can't trust anyone in today's times. You have to always look out for yourself. If someone is asking you to sneak around to see them, then they don't mean you well.
Especially if they may have known she had plans the next day.

ADH

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,889 1,133 1,055
Alleybux
I hear about Human trafficking all of the time but its usually in cases of missing women that can't be found but the families are looking for some sort of explanation on how they could just vanish and not be seen again especially when there are reported sightings, it's truly sad. In my opinion though I believe that most of these ladies are deceased not trafficked, even though it may have turned out to be the case for very few. It's not usually the norm, most of these women/ girls are probably killed shortly after they go missing. After all I would assume that at some point down the road the women would contact someone or runaway idk..it's really sad either way. If I had to guess she snuck out to meet someone she shouldn't have been talking too because he would not have met her parents standards, she may have had a whole other life outside of the image her folks knew about, like most teens do especially those who are studious and straight laced. This guy most likely led her to her demise and hid her body. They need to go through her social media accounts hopefully they will get some answers.

Miss Ginger

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,415 296 83
Alleybux
It's frustrating to keep reading about black people disappearing without any media attention. I never heard of her because of the lack of coverage of her case. Things will never change. White people will continue to get all the attention.

I hope she is found and her family gets closure.

beadybeads

Cherr1cola
Reaction score
Reactions
11,374 67 19
Alleybux
I listened to this episode when it came out. But she disappeared down the street from my grandmas house. I go by the street all the time. I hope she is found soon tho, and that footage of her walking into the night is creepy..