Quantcast

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Watch Thread

KelOverKenan

KelOverKenan did the thing
Reaction score
Reactions
251,432 7,656 2,236
Alleybux
Did anyone else catch that the Asian super soldier was wearing a wig. Too many close-ups and I caught that kanekalon! e1

IM SCREAMING. I spent twenty minutes with my brother trying to prove that was a wig. I pulled up my old aliexpress orders and everything - he almost peed his pants laughing when I did lmaooooo

Tacosandcrls

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,577 1,371 592
Alleybux
And someone pointed out Zemo going to the raft could be the start if the Thunderbolts, as he will be able to pick a supervillian team along with General Ross. So we gotta watch who all heads to the raft!

Apparently the Thunderbolts being a thing is confirmed.

Tacosandcrls

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,577 1,371 592
Alleybux
So questions I have after watching this episode

Will we get another season?

Do you think Zemo will be in Black Panther 2?

Is this the last time we’ll see Bucky?

Also how long do you think next episode will be? I can’t imagine it wrapping up in 60 minutes plus those 6 minute credits. It’s gotta be like an hour and a half right?

Not sure.

Don't think so since he went to the Raft (which I didn't even catch until afterwards).

I say we see Bucky again. He's too big of a draw to sit on the sidelines. Marvel likes money lol.

originalwharris

Jesse's girl (in my head).
Reaction score
Reactions
277,586 21,993 1,048
Alleybux
1618709635417.png

Blaqueswann

At the Red light twerkin' on them headlights
Reaction score
Reactions
2,241 148 5
Alleybux
I've thoroughly enjoyed this show...hoping for aleast 1:20 to 1:30 minutes finale like a movie ...if only we're that lucky...cannot wait

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
My husband pointed out that it's interesting how Bucky is starting to associate white people with pain/misery/anger, and black people with kindness/love/laughter. That peace of mind he told his therapist that he'd found in Wakanda came back as soon as he started spending time with Sam and his family. It was the first time in a long while we saw him looking genuinely happy, and as close to his old self as he could be.

To think that this show was originally supposed to come out back in August... I can't even begin to imagine the kind of impact this already powerful episode would have had back then.

I guess it's something that happened offscreen, but I wish it didn't. I wanted them to talk about Sam's meeting with Isaiah, and to see that moment of realization dawn on Bucky. He's an almost textbook example of the white liberal that can't recognize racism when it's not wearing a white hood, and this would have been a perfect opportunity to talk about how privilege blinds you to others' life experiences, even people you claim to respect and love (plus it would have made the apology itself that much stronger). Shame they chose not to go there.

I swear I went into this show not really feeling any type of way about either of the leads, but after this episode?
giphy.gif

Bucky flirting with Sarah and Sam doing pushups shirtless living rent free in my mind :eyes:

I think Bucky is similar to Steve in terms of empathy and compassion. When it becomes aware to them that something terrible things happened to certain people and they feel that they were involved in it somehow, they'll try to make things right. It makes them feel bad until they fix the problem (or help).

What your husband makes sense though...he was looking for that peace of mind. He surely wasn't getting it then and all that therapist did was pester TF out of him vs how Sam did it (checking in...making sure he's alright). I believe people when they say when you watch movies or shows, look at the surrounding colors/scene because it's what the characters are feeling inside. In the scene when he's with his therapist, it was bluish green. Cold. When Sam talked to him on this episode? Bright, lively colors. Heck they made him look brighter, his eyes sparkled even when he told Sam "Yeah I still have nightmares".

The only thing I came into this show for was the bickering. The storyline made me fall in love with both of them. In regards to the stuff you would have liked to see onscreen...if only they had time to do it, who knows, they could have shown it. After all a lot of flagsmasher stuff is all over the place (which is why people aren't as invested).

Icchick

Achieved my final form
Reaction score
Reactions
21,455 234 56
Alleybux
I finally watched the latest episode! For me, it was the best one yet. I am enjoying this way more than I thought I would. It’s funny in parts, but I also like that it’s not shying away from some of the actual conversations I saw online when Steve passed the shield to Sam. I am really disappointed that we only get one more episode!

dodgy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,864 434 117
Alleybux
Woah! Yall I didn't know the Apple has a clause for using iPhone in Movies/t.v. shows?!?! No villans or evil people can be seen holding or using an iPhone. Lmao this is a wild little fact.
Yeah, I noticed that in SAS: Red Notice (sky original show). They had my mans running around dodging bombs and bullets and the rest - and his iPhone had NO CASE on (iphone 11 mini with the black colourway). HOW SWAY?

Last edited:

sweetnchic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,905 303 104
Alleybux
I don’t like how Walker straight up lied to Lamar’s family.

I felt like he was doing that because in his warped brain he felt it was the right thing to do and that he was providing closure. I also felt that he was emphasizing that he won’t let Karli get away with it.

Last edited:

PLAYMAK

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,557 43 16
Alleybux
I felt like he was doing that because in his warped brain he felt it was the right thing to do and that he was providing closer. I also felt that he was emphasizing that he won’t let Karli get away with it.

homegirl in this vid sums up walker's mindset
he gonna bring the pain next episode lol

Rmodelboy

Mr Congeniality
Reaction score
Reactions
506,925 43,820 1,681
Alleybux
What an episode. I actually really felt for Walker right at the beginning, before he broke fully bad on Sam and Bucky - he really, really did want to be the right person to be Captain America and being forced to confront the truth that he isn't was the last straw.

The scene between Sam and Isaiah... Whew. The fact that Isaiah was sent to prison for doing literally the exact same thing Steve did and was celebrated for was a gut punch. But I really liked the brief exchange between Sam and his sister about that later, showing that Sam didn't take his judgement to heart - Isaiah feeling the way he does about the idea of a black man being/wanting to be Captain America is completely justified and understandable given what he went through, but it also doesn't mean that he's objectively *right*. The way Sam's nephew touched the shield and smiled up at Sam holding it made my whole heart glow.

Wakandan made Cap suit! Oh man, I cannot wait. And speaking of Wakanda, really glad Bucky lead the Dora Milaje to Zemo, putting things right there even if Ayo told him he might not want to visit there for a while. Her calling him White Wolf and agreeing to have Sam's new suit made tells me they're okay

Paradise End

Child of Rihanna born in the fires of chaos.
Reaction score
Reactions
87,771 982 262
Alleybux
I think this was my fave episode so far. Starting off with the fight between John, Bucky and Sam, wow that was really intense! That scene was another indicator why Sam deserves to be CA, he tried to talk John down before resorting to fighting him, he didn't come in hot headed. Johns crazy ass yelling in Sam's face he's still CA while ripping off Sam's wings got me so heated, he even tried to decapitate Sam like he did that flag smasher right before, proving he didn't really have any remorse about what he did. Them removing the shield gave me flashbacks to the avengers trying to take off thanos glove. I loved when Bucky threw the shield next to Sam on the ground with that look like keep it this time. Sam wiping off the blood off the shield was oddly emotional for me, he looked so sad about what had been done while using it.

My boo Torres made a comeback and I got so hyped when Sam told him to keep the wings. The next falcon is coming! I hope he flies in to help take down the flag smashers next episode.

Sam's talk with Isaiah was so hard and emotional. The actor better get some noms for that scene. Him talking about all that was done to him for doing the exact same thing Steve did in the first anvenger wasn't suprising but it was a tough reminder we don't get the same praise for doing what whites do. Him talking about he wants to stay dead because they'd kill him if he talks was heartbreaking. You could see his words hitting Sam especially when he said no self respecting black man would want to be CA.

I'm actually surprised by how hard the government went on John, I thought they'd keep him working secretly for them especially since he has the serum and I know how much they want to get super soldiers. Unless they don't know he is one? I kinda felt bad for him and him calling them out with the "you created me!" hit since he was telling the truth. It just shows that when they finish using you up they'll discard you without a second thought.

That Val lady is shady as hell, I've read up on who she is in the comics and that she was suppose to be in the Black Widow movie first. Maybe her showing up in this series would have made more sense if the movie had come out when it was supposed to because it didn't really do anything for me. She did plant the seed for John to make his own shield tho when she told him it doesn't belong to the government.

Bucky handing Zemo over to the Dora's and Ayo calling him white wolf again was a good conclusion. I know Bucky must be sad he can't go back to Wakanda in the near future but he caused that on himself. I was surprised that they plan to take Zemo to the raft and not to some Wakandan prison, we all know he won't stay there for long. Him saying he won't kill Bucky was interesting since he hates super soldiers so much, I guess he doesn't view Bucky as a threat like he does Karli. Bucky should Take that as a compliment.

The Sam and Bucky boat building was nice and I wouldn't have minded if it went on longer. Bucky looked so at peace there with Sam's family and friends, he even was sleeping on the couch! Him flirting with Sarah was cute and Sam's reaction was so funny.

I loved when they were passing the shield back and forth. Bucky apologizing was a great surprise for me, I'm glad he did that and his explanation on why he didn't want Sam to give up the shield was so sad. I'm glad Sam told him to stop living his life on what Steve thought. You guys noticed that Bucky was way more open to Sam than he was with his therapist? He even admitted he can't sleep something he wouldn't do with her. The advice Sam gave him was great and I bet we'll see him talk to that old asian guy from the first episode about what really happened to his son.

That montage with Sam training to use the shield properly was a good way to show how great he'll be as CA even without the serum and his little nephew running on his left was a cute call back. So was the part where one of them was tracing the star on the shield. It shows that it could mean something great to little black kids growing up now.

I knew Sharon was up to something! I had a feeling she was working with the flag smashers, since she's helping them I don't think she's the power broker maybe she's trying to take his spot and using them to do so. There's also a small chance she could be deep undercover for the CIA, we'll see. Karli is off the deep end now, she's gone. I hope the cute asian guy does the right thing and helps to stop her. I also hope he doesn't die in the next episode.

Can't wait to see Sam's new suit from the Wakandans, mad they didn't show it at the end but knew they'd save it for the final. Friday needs to get here already!

No Comment

Support Black Artist!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
44,633 1,048 620
Alleybux
Y’all can’t see the Sub-Forum I made in the Group yet, but I’m putting the Movies in a separate Forum and each franchise is getting its own thread. Should The Incredible Hulk be included? It’s a movie and canon but it’s likely we’ll never get another Hulk movie again. I’ll still make it if Hulksters want their own place to talk.

I can only make one Sub-Forum it seems so TVs are going to be in the general forum. I’m not sure about sticking each series. Especially if you guys want to make separate threads for each episode.

megamafia

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,502 3,379 1,518
Alleybux
Y’all can’t see the Sub-Forum I made in the Group yet, but I’m putting the Movies in a separate Forum and each franchise is getting its own thread. Should The Incredible Hulk be included? It’s a movie and canon but it’s likely we’ll never get another Hulk movie again. I’ll still make it if Hulksters want their own place to talk.

I can only make one Sub-Forum it seems so TVs are going to be in the general forum. I’m not sure about sticking each series. Especially if you guys want to make separate threads for each episode.
Hmmmm, I say why not I guess.

UndercoverNerd

James "Buck Nasty" Barnes
Reaction score
Reactions
18,939 539 67
Alleybux
Not sure.

Don't think so since he went to the Raft (which I didn't even catch until afterwards).

I say we see Bucky again. He's too big of a draw to sit on the sidelines. Marvel likes money lol.
Yea we're going to see Bucky again. Seb still has a few movies left to fulfill his contract.

Plus he can't just up and disappear on his future step-kids

A Username

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,758 2,081 199
Alleybux

Group? :eyes:

Peaches99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,171 177 1
Alleybux
Not TFATWS related but i laughed so hard I thought I’d bring it here

Is this an MCU only sub forum? If you all want me I’m in.

DolceDiva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,363 2,853 865
Alleybux
I’m finally caught up! I purposefully waited until I had a few episodes saved up. I’m kinda mad I didn’t wait a little longer so I can see the finale. I know Shuri pimped the hell out of his new suit and wings. I’m excited for next week.

miamourxoxo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,187 3 7
Alleybux
Whoever called Karli Ronald McDonald has me weak. I can’t wait for Sam, Bucky and the Asian man with the bad wig to take her down.

S.O.L

Sensational Cheverly
Reaction score
Reactions
119,570 2,743 650
Alleybux
Someone told me I completely missed an after credits scene, so I covered my ears all excited, dropped everything to avoid spoilers, went through the trouble of logging back into Disney+ on my work machine, navigated to the end of that episode just to be thrown headlong into a foul mood! :mad:

The sheer MAGAt audacity of her cobbling together an ashy, Designer Imposters shield from Wish out of rejection. No one wants to see you fashioning your Blue Lives Matter commemorative silverware, Miss Walker, please

vX32pTb.gif
Biiiiiitch I am SCREAMING! What a read.

No Comment

Support Black Artist!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
44,633 1,048 620
Alleybux
Do we think Karli is dying or being sent to the raft? I highly doubt Sam would kill her or let anyone else do it. Though, Psycho Cap might end up doing it and getting himself sent to the raft.

Ruken

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,704 123 20
Alleybux
The MCU forum is most likely gonna happen, I bought a 'create you're own forum' option in AlleyMart

Should it be in stanfair/moviealley/elsewhere

Thank you! please, please tag me when this happens. Also: movie alley I guess?

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
someone posted this...in case there are folks that want to know the real versions behind the Isaiah Bradley character

megamafia

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,502 3,379 1,518
Alleybux
Do we think Karli is dying or being sent to the raft? I highly doubt Sam would kill her or let anyone else do it. Though, Psycho Cap might end up doing it and getting himself sent to the raft.
I think the later is what happens and we get some final shot or scene of US Agent, Zemo and Countess Vontaine

Sassiness4

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,104 83 68
Alleybux
I am SO GLAD old boy isn't Captain America anymore!

I think Anthony Mackie is gonna look fine in the Cap suit. After all Sam legit did inherit the Captain America mantle from Steve. I love how this series forced him to evolve to something he wasn't ready for at first.

Oh yeah Anthony was looking good as sh!t training. He's got a nice body.

Bucky makes you want to mother his deluded ass, I don't get why.

I'm ready for the finale!
Can we have more Mackie training montages? For... science?

Silkky

The coldest Silky ever
Reaction score
Reactions
296,012 4,531 3,566
Alleybux
Since I find her annoying AF and want her to die, she'll probably live.LOL

Nebulous

if it isn't edible I'll still find good use for it
Reaction score
Reactions
85,523 1,964 507
Alleybux
How are you part of the MCU? Are you an actor undercover on LSA?
OMG, I only just now saw your comment!!!

LOL!, no what I meant was, having Julia Dreyfuss of all people being a part of the MCU is so mind-blowing and so totally random (considering her award-winning roles in various genres but mostly comedy) that it made me believe that I too could be in the MCU should I ever go to an audition. Though I think that I would be better off in a spin-off of that Octavia Spencer and Melissa McCarthy superhero movie considering the fact that my spandex superhero suit days are behind me...

True story: a few years ago on Tumblr - around 2015 IIRC (during my spandex superhero suit days) - someone slipped into my DM and asked if I wanted to be an extra in an Avenger movie. I had to tell them that I would if they wanted to pay for my plane tickets and hotel since I'm living in the Netherlands. The person and agency were legit after I'd googled them, so yeah, that was my Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon for Marvel.