Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

The family I babysit for; weird dad, COVID-19 vaccine, and kittens...

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,120 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
This family that I babysit for is a little irritating. I like the mom as she was my teacher in undergrad and we kept in touch and have a good relationship career-wise and socially. The dad is well idk you guys tell me...

1) He was a little "too friendly" at first. Telling me about how they have arguments (keep in mind I am a marriage and family therapy graduate student) and he knows this so I excused it. He was also staring and lightly touching me. One time he sat close to me at their coffee table and I made it a point to show that I was uncomfortable. So I guess he got the hint and now he's stopped acting too friendly. Now when I try to engage in polite small talk he'll ignore me or act cold. I say he is lowkey salty because I didn't let him cross my boundaries and turn me the homewrecking babysitter.

2)They got the COVID vaccine and are now trying to make me get it. I said no but they keep trying to persuade me. Again not obeying my boundaries. The daughter has in person school like once a month. She had school this week and somebody in her class had COVID so they asked me to babysit after after she's tested negative. I'm 'thinking this why ya'll mfers are trying to make me get it because ya'll don't want to be responsible if I catch COVID.'

3) They have kittens now even though they are all allergic! I am allergic as well. I also hate cats!! Ugh.

Would ya'll babysit for this family or do they annoy you jut reading about them?

Juelz

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,154 2,238 823
Alleybux
You act like they’re in YOUR house. If they want a vaccinated baby sitter, they have the right to hire one. If they want kittens, they can get kittens, even though you’re allergic. It’s not about you. All of that on top of the stuff with the Dad, they should look for another sitter.

O Hellnaw

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Reaction score
Reactions
18,437 1,056 15
Alleybux
I would have bounced after the too friendly conversation with the father. If I stayed, I would now bounce with him acting salty toward me. Too much potential for problems in this dynamic. I am quick to exit when it comes to situations in which I feel uncomfortable. Now, them, kittens.... Lawdt.

Jared Boo

Your fav racist 47 year old upperclass white woman
Reaction score
Reactions
84,120 8,670 7,146
Alleybux
You act like they’re in YOUR house. If they want a vaccinated baby sitter, they have the right to hire one. If they want kittens, they can get kittens, even though you’re allergic. It’s not about you. All of that on top of the stuff with the Dad, they should look for another sitter.
The kittens and vaccine is me more so me venting then it is a problem. I should have made that clear.

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux
The kittens and vaccine is me more so me venting then it is a problem. I should have made that clear.
It sounds like a terrible match.

No way I'd stay in an environment that has allergens.

I'm allergic to pet dander so unfortunately, I don't enter people's homes who have pets.

Anomie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
111,779 5,871 3,617
Alleybux
the dad will throw you under the bus if anything ever happens and you speak up. he might also treat you badly because he's mad. I would've left then and there.

but all you need to say is that you're allergic to cats and can't do it anymore.

also there's lots of families who are looking for a person who isn't vaccinated as they don't want to vaccinate or wear masks.

luckily there's lots of families and you can find a better match