Quantcast

The Fresh & Fit podcast discuss... "Black" being a dirty word in some Caribbean households and Black American culture

StrangeXdefault

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
493,707 16,740 4,402
Alleybux
Taken right from that other forum

Center dude in purple is a rich native Black American (I don't know who he is) and a prime example of why Black bourgeois class cannot represent us

Most of these folks have a Caribbean (primarily Jamaican) background. They discuss "Black" being a dirty word in their households and also Black Americans not having any "respect" in our culture, absent fathers, etc...

LieslAlbrecht

Sometimes you feel like a nut…
Reaction score
Reactions
67,718 1,114 382
Alleybux
Here it goes. Should I listen or save myself? Can’t keep fighting a war between both sides of me.

StrangeXdefault

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
493,707 16,740 4,402
Alleybux
I don't want to start a "Diaspora war" and I sure don't want my fellow native Black Americans to come in here with the 'woe is me' mentality

Instead, let's approach this a bit differently.

Let's start building valid arguments that include facts and data that we can start dropping under comment sections and in the middle of these conversations when these ignorant, short-sighted and confirmed bias observations are brought up

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,750 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
Anyone keeping up diaspora wars, not you OP, just talking about fools who look down on other black people are the enemy and are NON factors anyway. The only energy I will ever put into it. To those that are trying, they are the solution and they so welcomed.

Mellie York

Ignorance is Bliss.
Reaction score
Reactions
495,569 18,047 3,371
Alleybux
whew chile... I'll come back in this thread in the morning...

I'll say this growing up in NYC, a few of my Caribbean friend's parents (at first ) did not want their kids associated with us for one reason or the other. On the other hand majority of my W.I folks were cool as hell and mingle with us like attend our AA events, restaurants etc. and vice versa.

Naija40

The Bird whisperer( Formerly 'Kmoor')
Reaction score
Reactions
11,653 1,116 2,448
Alleybux
whew chile... I'll come back in this thread in the morning...

I'll say this growing up in NYC, a few of my Caribbean friend's parents (at first ) did not want their kids associated with us for one reason or the other. On the other hand majority of my W.I folks were cool as hell and mingle with us like attend our AA events, restaurants etc. and vice versa.
Caribbean parents can be weird. I'm from the U.K and Caribbean descent albeit 3rd generation. You would think a friend group full of British-Caribbean kids could just go around each other's house and associate with each other with no problems/issues? Nope. Trust me there's always something. Folks just love politiking.

Naija40

The Bird whisperer( Formerly 'Kmoor')
Reaction score
Reactions
11,653 1,116 2,448
Alleybux

Center dude in purple is a rich native Black American (I don't know who he is) and a prime example of why Black bourgeois class cannot represent us

Most of these folks have a Caribbean (primarily Jamaican) background. They discuss "Black" being a dirty word in their households and also Black Americans not having any "respect" in our culture, absent fathers, etc...

OP you're mad disingenuous. Only one of then said "black" was a dirty word but he explained why sufficiently. He basically said all skin folk ain't kinfolk and we all have our different cultures and history to be under the moniker of "black" although we are obviously black racially.

Wether or not black americans and Caribbeans have similar respectability politics i'm not sure however. There are definitely plenty of absentee Caribbean fathers however.

cashewCake

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,588 2,709 1,186
Alleybux

Well they also talk about how black is too broad. They have their own cultures and heritage that cannot be conveyed with just black. It matters that they are Jamaican or Dominican or Hatian.

And I agree with that. That's why the term ADOS was created. It matters that we are from Georgia or Louisiana or Virginia.

And the purple shirt guy was right ADOS are the only group that didn't come here for opportunity we were dragged here.

Even black Caribbean, Africans and Latinos came to the US for opportunity. They are immigrants which is what they never want to admit. You can't compare ADOS to immigrants.

The only other group that ADOS are similar too is Native Americans. If you look at modern Native Americans, their communities have similar problems to ADOS.

One guy was on that black people are the real Native Americans spiel. But if he knew anything about Native Americans he'd know they aren't doing great. Rez life isn't sh!t.

As for the respect angle. Non ADOS always think they raise their children better. But yet somehow that doesn't translate to a successful country. They always have to go somewhere else to thrive, never their home countries. So clearly it doesn't work.

They have a group of semi successful individuals come here and act like they have the answer. Immigrants love to do this and it's only to ADOS never Native Americans who do just as poorly and sometimes worse.

zaworld

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,408 300 261
Alleybux

im not suprised sad but not suprised

Last edited:

Paradiseplay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,481 4,003 2,418
Alleybux
Dont let these immigrants make you feel less black Americans if you go to their islands they speak so highly of they usually dont have 24hr electricity a actual supermarket etc

sade

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
144,657 7,683 10,557
Alleybux
I don't want to start a "Diaspora war" and I sure don't want my fellow native Black Americans to come in here with the 'woe is me' mentality

Instead, let's approach this a bit differently.

Let's start building valid arguments that include facts and data that we can start dropping under comment sections and in the middle of these conversations when these ignorant, short-sighted and confirmed bias observations are brought up
Exactly I do this all the time to shut people up and it works. Black Americans are the most successful and influential ethnic group within the diaspora despite our oppression and I have the facts to back it up

Alchemy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,830 947 1,178
Alleybux
Who cares. A bunch of dusty grifters projecting their ethnic failures on us. These people are irrelevant in the countries they fled from and they’re irrelevant here. Until they build up their 3 world country homes they’re not in any position to talk about our achievements and failures when they’re running from building a stable home and instead leech off of our movements, and tenacity

nyaaaaa

santanamontana
Reaction score
Reactions
2,559 130 28
Alleybux

1. I’m a black african born in africa but raised in the west, “black” is only a “negative” word because it’s the opposite of white, which many black people wish they were, let’s keep it a buck. 2. majority of the jamaicans/carribeans I know growing up didn’t even know who their fathers were or left them when they were a small child or on “the islands”. 3. absent fatherhood isn’t only an “African American” problem, it’s a full blown BLACK problem no matter where you go. in fact, single motherhood rates for non-black women with black men have skyrocketed.

nyaaaaa

santanamontana
Reaction score
Reactions
2,559 130 28
Alleybux
Dont let these immigrants make you feel less black Americans if you go to their islands they speak so highly of they usually dont have 24hr electricity a actual supermarket etc
I’m a black african, africa is in shambles, there’s a reason why many of us including carribeans are flocking in drones to the west. maybe instead of bashing others and our own people (african americans) we could put that energy into actually building our own countries rather than being yt supremest foot soldiers and spending all of our time being negative.

poohdinni

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,639 1,466 976
Alleybux
As a child of an immigrant I can say whole heartedly fresh and fit are anti black and Anti ADOS.

I plan on being a plant on this show and taking this show down.

I live in south florida.

I plotting to sabotage their show.

Im building receipts.

GentleDark

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
128 32 10
Alleybux

Majority of the black bourgeoisie aren't even on social media. So hes a poor example of anything