KingCetshwayo

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
17,209 82 89
Alleybux
Guillermo Rigondeaux takes WBA crown

LAS VEGAS -- Two-time Olympic champion Guillermo Rigondeaux stopped Rico Ramos at 1:29 of the sixth round to take the WBA super bantamweight title Friday night at The Palms in just his ninth professional fight, a record for fewest bouts en route to a major world title.
"I wanted to make history," Rigondeaux said. "I'm very happy and this is a historic moment."
The undefeated Cuban defector floored the overmatched Ramos with a straight right in the first round, had control throughout and ended it with a left hook to the body.
"I never thought it would be easy," Rigondeaux said. "Everyone at this level is tough."
In the sixth, Rigondeaux landed three consecutive straight right hands that backed Ramos up into a corner, then landed the devastating left hook to the body that sent Ramos to the canvas in visible pain.
"Every time I let my hands go, I hurt him," Rigondeaux said. "I knew he wasn't getting up from that shot."
Also, Joel Diaz Jr. overcame a second-round knockdown to stop Guy Robb at 2:20 in the seventh round of a super featherweight slugfest. Diaz knocked down Robb twice in the third round and forced the referee to stop the fight after landing multiple power shots in the seventh.
Earlier, Mathew Villanueva stopped Michael Ruiz Jr. in the seventh round in a super bantamweight fight.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...rocks-rico-ramos-take-wba-title?eleven=twelve

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9J8VLbhMcc&t=3m55s"]Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Rico Ramos - Round 6 KO - YouTube[/ame]

BluGardeniaz

Love, Love, Love!
Reaction score
Reactions
12,070 204 32
Alleybux
I watched this fight and it was so good. I found Ramos to be a bit cocky in his pre-fight interview when he stated that Rigondeaux was still an amateur. After 400 fights, amateur what?... amateur who? He's fast as hell in the ring, yet he still has some crudeness to him.

If anything I believe that Ramos learned a huge lesson in humility. I'm looking forward to Rigondeaux fighting Donaire whenever that happens.