Quantcast

The Glamourous Life album was released 37 years ago today...

BedtimeStories

Only Prince knows for sure.
Reaction score
Reactions
50,009 551 114
Alleybux
The first time I saw the Glamorous Life video, Sheila was wearing a high-cut, one piece camisole and pulled off what felt like a 15 minute drum solo. It was played on a giant screen at a nightclub so maybe there was another version they put out for the clubs. At any rate, loved the album.

Rox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,701 570 145
Alleybux
One of the best protege works from the Prince camp. Sheila is a true musician. I may not appreciate how she has handled things after Prince transitioned buy nobody can take away what she brought to the Prince camp by her talent.

Last edited:

Chocolate_Box

SAG-AFTRA Union Member
Reaction score
Reactions
36,655 5,327 1,793
Alleybux
Sheila(whom I met and seen perform live countless times) is AMAZING live. I would recommend to see her to anybody. It's a well put together show with exact Prince(r.i.p.) arrangements of his classic material.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,526 49 5
Alleybux
One of the best protege works from the Prince camp. Sheila is a true musician. I may not appreciate how she has handled things after Prince transitioned buy nobody can take away what she brought to the Prince camp by her talent.
And the thing is she has steadily worked in the industry touring all these years after her fallout with Prince playing at jazz festivals, county fairs and other events. She may not have been a headliner at major concerts but a lot of times she was in the band. All these other purple musicians, including the Revolution gave up touring for other interests. Maybe because they had a family or didn’t want to tour. So when the industry goes to Sheila on P related items the others getting upset is ridiculous. Music is her family’s business.

Rox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,701 570 145
Alleybux
And the thing is she has steadily worked in the industry touring all these years after her fallout with Prince playing at jazz festivals, county fairs and other events. She may not have been a headliner at major concerts but a lot of times she was in the band. All these other purple musicians, including the Revolution gave up touring for other interests. Maybe because they had a family or didn’t want to tour. So when the industry goes to Sheila on P related items the others getting upset is ridiculous. Music is her family’s business.
Truth! You can't debate that. The rest don't match up to her with that so their jealousy shows.

News Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Top Bottom