The Hawkins Family Church Issues!

Reactions
20,276 140 73
Alleybux
Why did they not look outside the family for a replacement. This is what happens when you coronate someone.

Walter was gay. So how did Jamie feel about his father.

Reactions
Alleybux
Well this doesn't surprise me at all when it comes to churches during these days.

But from what I read, I think Jamie was not strong enough nor knowledgeable enough to lead anyone and his position should have been evaluated before given. However when it comes to Jamie silencing the Co-Pastor for being gay I don't think it was a bad idea after all the bible says that that lifestyle is a sin, {not exactly stated that way} but on the other if the church knew of that pastor's lifestyle and his father did too why bother to change things around.

I think if Jaime didn't want to do things they way they were done when his father was alive then he should have started his own ministry. Because it is clear that the church was comfortable with the way things were done before he took over.

I'm so glad I don't go to church, and I'm not implying that all churches are bad but I've learned so many things outside of church.

Reactions
3,264 58 159
Alleybux
From the article, he really didn't go to church.Only when his father got really sick, he started playing the piano at the church. So he wasn't really active.

Reactions
29,521 466 339
Alleybux
Wow, I did not know that!

Oh Yes!! That is why Tramaine divorced him, found him in the bed at their home , and their bed, with another man. about 25 years ago.

Edwin and Walter gay!

First cousin Shirley Miller is married to Yvette Flunder who is Bishop at her own church.

Come into the gospel tea thread and you will learn a lot.

Anyways, Jamie had not training and just because he was the son of Walter does not mean he was/is the right man for the job.

I'm sure Jamie also has some issues with his father being gay, and some resentment, but he is /was still his father.

Reactions
Alleybux
I was just wondering this week what would become of this church. I saw Jaime Hawkins on TBN and I was surprised when I heard him speak. There was no depth whatsoever. You could tell he really didn't know the Word.

I saw some footage of Walter Hawkins' funeral and Bishop Moales prophesied over him and told him he would step in the father's footsteps and be the pastor...but it wasn't time yet. Seems like they just bypassed that part and made him the pastor within a matter of months. This is sad. A lot of lives will be effected by this.

Haven't read the article, but saw lots of pics on facebook of his ordination. According to the pics, his mom Tremaine Hawkins rejoined the church at the ordination.

Reactions
4,918 106 4
Alleybux
It was said in the gospel tea thread that Jamie wasn't ready to be pastor and that a lot of members had a problem with it. And who didn't know Walter Hawkins was gay? I didn't know Edwin was until I read the other thread.

ITA with veman those members were there for Walter Hawkins it's just like the rest of these artist that pastor churches most of the members are there for the celebrity that is the pastor and once he lives or passes on there go the members. It happens all the time.

The best at being me...
OLDHEAD
Reactions
14,298 10 11
Alleybux
That blog was somewhat difficult to read. I could only make out half of what the person wrote.

Gah, I thought it was just me. I felt like someone just whispered an entire conversation to me. Anyway-

You can't expect a brand new leader to lead the same ole way. If you don't like the way something is run DO IT YOURSELF or LEAVE.

*backs out of thread*

Exploring religion.
Reactions
Alleybux
Whoopity doo...just a regular black family with regular shit going on that makes money off of fairy tales and outdated versions of the bible.

Reactions
101,008 971 822
Alleybux
That church sound like a hot mess all the way around. I can't believe people support it period.
Whomever wrote that blog needs to go back to school, because they damn sure can't spell or put a sentence together properly. Ain't no gossip like church gossip...SMH!

Reactions
101,008 971 822
Alleybux
It was said in the gospel tea thread that Jamie wasn't ready to be pastor and that a lot of members had a problem with it. And who didn't know Walter Hawkins was gay? I didn't know Edwin was until I read the other thread.

ITA with veman those members were there for Walter Hawkins it's just like the rest of these artist that pastor churches most of the members are there for the celebrity that is the pastor and once he lives or passes on there go the members. It happens all the time.
He was gay?

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Different Phenotypes In Africa Diaspora
Europeans and Asians are more admixed than Africans Article excerpt ". Almost one third of European ancestry descends from African admixture...
My annoying brother NEVER remembers Mother’s Day or our parents birthday. It’s so irritating!
I just cussed him out & said we should just forget his birthday. His dumb ass said ok. Lmaoooo what's his zodiac sign
Terminated after Resignation
Two days prior to the scheduled meeting They cannot fire you because you resign You should file a complaint to see how they react
This is why Black Men want wives...
They are right on point. They are describing a help mate, first. That is a man in his right mindset whether he is mature or not. That is also why...
Strongmommy Chrissy
Wth would get something like that with 9 kids?! i predict it getting cracked and at worse someone cracking their head on it.smh She was better...
RHONY Real Housewives of New York RHONY Season 13 Official Thread Premieres May 4, 2021
Pissed that I couldn't chat with you guys during the premiere Who the hell introduced Eboni to Leah thru mutual friends...just say the producers...
Article: Why Is LaKeith Stanfield Flirting With Anti-Semitism on Clubhouse?
Some White/Jews man please go pat this woman on the head, it's clearly what she wants.
  • Poll
RHONJ Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 11 Official Thread - Premieres February 17th
Anyone watch Danielle's IG lives? They are shady boots. She basically live reacts to episodes. She clearly has a lot of animosity toward Margaret...
Lady Dimitrescu Appreciation/Worship Thread
LOL I can't wait for the whole game to drop. Its a twist to the Res evil story plot. Even though lady D is sexy... shes still scary when you hear...
Toronto /Canada Gossip...
Do you think hobbs and noble are good deep down people What the fuck girl go seek some help seriously. You’re doing way too much asking all...
Top Bottom