Quantcast

The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoobles

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
This is my favorite random interview of him I think and I know it’s been posted before so if you aren’t in the mood just skip to 1:40ish for some weird Henry time and 2:30 for my favorite HC moment. I love when he gets away from his stock answers that he has to use all day at these things!

Also I need to have words with the lighting department and whoever let his widows peak be a perfect point that day. But it is the man within that shines in this interview. Was sad Rotten did not send Grae Drake for Witcher press.

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
The "Night Hunter" might be getting some attention now. Isolation does wonders.

I like the interview the director gave about Henry. And he is very right: "Henry is one of those rare actors who can say so much without saying anything". Something that sometimes Henry gives the impression that he does not know.

There is only one thing wrong in the interview, when talking about MI - Fallout : "I did cheer along with everyone else when Henry succumbed to a helicopter chain hook to the face." :nodding: (n)

In case you haven't read it:
Henry Cavill

And Henry is planning to do his birthday cake (he answered some comments on IG). If he does a cake trial he could send me a piece because mine is a few days earlier. :waiting

Thanks for sharing this. Great interview (yes, except for THAT part LOL). It's good to see him getting the praise he deserves.

I don't agree with you that Henry doesn't know how much he can say, as a actor, without words. I actually think he thrives on it. Both he and Joey Batey said in interviews that HC often drops his lines from the Witcher script and chooses to respond with just body language and expression. He definitely owns those moments.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,433 42 36
Alleybux

I like the interview the director gave about Henry. And he is very right: "Henry is one of those rare actors who can say so much without saying anything". Something that sometimes Henry gives the impression that he does not know.

There is only one thing wrong in the interview, when talking about MI - Fallout : "I did cheer along with everyone else when Henry succumbed to a helicopter chain hook to the face." :nodding: (n)

Henry Cavill

And Henry is planning to do his birthday cake (he answered some comments on IG). If he does a cake trial he could send me a piece because mine is a few days earlier. :waiting

omfg as long as a resurgence of this (terrible) movie means a resurgence of that specific BEST aesthetic daddy’s ever had i’m all the way fµck!n ready.

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
This is my favorite random interview of him I think and I know it’s been posted before so if you aren’t in the mood just skip to 1:40ish for some weird Henry time and 2:30 for my favorite HC moment. I love when he gets away from his stock answers that he has to use all day at these things!

Also I need to have words with the lighting department and whoever let his widows peak be a perfect point that day. But it is the man within that shines in this interview. Was sad Rotten did not send Grae Drake for Witcher press.

I totally agree with you about this interview. Kudos to Drake for bringing out his fun side. It must be refreshing for him when he talks to an interviewer who isn't clearly thirsting over his bod. In the next press tour for The Witcher, I hope they let him do at least a few with Joey. Apparently they're always joking around on set between takes, so I think it would make for some fun interviews. Gives us that, or at least a blooper reel of them goofing around. :actup

EQqI7d8XkAQQPE6.jpg

BookBunny86

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
967 3 15
Alleybux
On IG, Sophie Holland Casting announced yesterday that they were starting a bake-off challenge for the Witcher cast. Henry wasn't among the first two people called out (Tom Canton and Aemon Farren were nominated) but I'm sure he will be before it's over.

Just a heads up on the fun and maybe a hint of what his next IG post will be about.

Zitabonita

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

Henry Cavill

It must be on Netflix or something. The only good thing about that move is Hank looks damn fine. Speaking of old movies cold light of day has just come on Netflix in my country. Oh dear that is another one to forget.

BookBunny86

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
967 3 15
Alleybux
I totally agree with you about this interview. Kudos to Drake for bringing out his fun side. It must be refreshing for him when he talks to an interviewer who isn't clearly thirsting over his bod. In the next press tour for The Witcher, I hope they let him do at least a few with Joey. Apparently they're always joking around on set between takes, so I think it would make for some fun interviews. Gives us that, or at least a blooper reel of them goofing around. :actup

View attachment 1502540

+1 -- A blooper reel of those two would be fun to see. If you like like The Tudors there are a few bloopers on YouTube that are fun to watch. I love that series and have watched it over and over too many times. It's one of my favorites to play in the background for when I'm working on other things but will pause now and then to watch a good scene. I never thought about a blooper reel for it til a few weeks ago when someone mentioned that they existed.

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
+1 -- A blooper reel of those two would be fun to see. If you like like The Tudors there are a few bloopers on YouTube that are fun to watch.

I love blooper reels, and yes, I've seen the Tudor ones. They're fun. It's great to see actors enjoying themselves on set while they're filming something we eventually love. I can't watch them until after I watch the original show/movie though. Otherwise I'd always be thinking 'Oh yeah, that's the scene where they cracked up.'

It must be on Netflix or something. The only good thing about that move is Hank looks damn fine. Speaking of old movies cold light of day has just come on Netflix in my country. Oh dear that is another one to forget.

Night Hunter is on Amazon Prime, so I don't think it will be on Netflix for a while (I may be wrong, depending on region). As for Cold Light of Day, oh man, poor Henry. I think he performed his part to his usual high standard, but the rest of the cast was ridiculous - Willis was phoning it in, and Weaver looked like she didn't see the script until 5 minutes before they shot.

birdf

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

He seems to enjoy it. :)Thanks for sharing, I had not seen that interview. I discovered Henry in The Witcher, as a side effect of missing Game of Thrones. So apparently "Enola Holmes" will be released on Netflix.

I am looking forward to seeing Henry as Sherlock Holmes. I'm more of a Sherlock Holmes' person than a Superman's person. Although after his popularity rise, I guess another Superman is likely. I just hope he doesn't frown as much on the next one... :dontknowTo be honest, I didn't really understand Snyder's vision on Superman... I could not relate to him, but he was an alien after all. :wink7

ShortNBlonde

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,938 2,631 831
Alleybux
He seems to enjoy it. :)Thanks for sharing, I had not seen that interview. I discovered Henry in The Witcher, as a side effect of missing Game of Thrones. So apparently "Enola Holmes" will be released on Netflix.

I am looking forward to seeing Henry as Sherlock Holmes. I'm more of a Sherlock Holmes' person than a Superman's person. Although after his popularity rise, I guess another Superman is likely. I just hope he doesn't frown as much on the next one... :dontknowTo be honest, I didn't really understand Snyder's vision on Superman... I could not relate to him, but he was an alien after all. :wink7

Cool. I wasn’t going to go to the theatre to see a movie like that and thought I’d have to wait a while to see it.

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Wholesome pic of the day. :)
93638561_10220193755705757_5558640038482280448_n.jpg

LOL Nice (y)

So apparently "Enola Holmes" will be released on Netflix.

Looking forward to seeing this. I just hope we get a decent amount of HC screen time. That's the one issue I had with Sand Castle. I liked the movie, and his character. There just wasn't enough of him in it.

Last edited:

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Wish List

I know it's a longshot, but I really wish Guy Ritchie would do a MFU2. There have been news stories about a sequel being written, but nothing more than that. If it happens, I say great. If not, then I hope Ritchie does another movie with HC. He does seem to like casting actors he's worked with before in his films. Just throwing that out there ....

In any case, here's another clip from a Grae Drake interview (for MFU). She always makes them fun.

Last edited:

birdf

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Wish List

I know it's a longshot, but I really wish Guy Ritchie would do a MFU2. There have been news stories about a sequel being written, but nothing more than that. If it happens, I say great. If not, then I hope Ritchie does another movie with HC. He does seem to like casting actors he's worked with before in his films. Just throwing that out there ....

In any case, here's another clip from a Grae Drake interview (for MFU). She always makes them fun.

Nice. (y)

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. is a very refreshing film. The night scene of the truck, with the sandwich, the bottle of wine, Henry's gesture of half enjoyment - half disdain and the italian music was delicious and perfect. I would rather watch a MFU2 than another Superman.

mfu.jpg

I'm not too optimistic about how many minutes of Henry there will be in Enola Holmes considering the synopsis. : unamused:

"The movie's plot revolves around the disappearance of Enola's mother on Enola's 16th birthday. The budding detective seeks out her older brothers for help, but rather than aid her they are more interested in sending her back to finishing school. Undeterred, Enola heads to London, encountering a cast of colorful characters in her quest to find her mother. "

Netflix Picks Up Millie Bobby Brown's 'Enola Holmes' from Legendary

ShortNBlonde

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,938 2,631 831
Alleybux
Nice. (y)

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. is a very refreshing film. The night scene of the truck, with the sandwich, the bottle of wine, Henry's gesture of half enjoyment - half disdain and the italian music was delicious and perfect. I would rather watch a MFU2 than another Superman.

View attachment 1509094

I'm not too optimistic about how many minutes of Henry there will be in Enola Holmes considering the synopsis. : unamused:

"The movie's plot revolves around the disappearance of Enola's mother on Enola's 16th birthday. The budding detective seeks out her older brothers for help, but rather than aid her they are more interested in sending her back to finishing school. Undeterred, Enola heads to London, encountering a cast of colorful characters in her quest to find her mother. "

Netflix Picks Up Millie Bobby Brown's 'Enola Holmes' from Legendary

My official prediction (April 23rd 2020 1:31 pm) lol

....Sherlock will be in the beginning a bit
...then for 10 minutes when the mom goes missing and he tries to get her to go back to school
....maybe a scene where he figures out Ebola is in trouble
....then he comes to her rescue and they all kick ass together for the last 20 minutes

LOL

edit: my iPad changed her name to Ebola....it stays LOL

zoobles

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Wish List

Thanks I hadn’t seen this one! I love the interviews with him and Armie. I think pairing him with the right person brings out his funny side which a lot of people miss when he is doing his elevator pitch PR interviews because his wit can be so subtle when he’s trying to be “good”.

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
The night scene of the truck, with the sandwich, the bottle of wine, Henry's gesture of half enjoyment - half disdain and the italian music was delicious and perfect.

Totally with you on that.

My official prediction (April 23rd 2020 1:31 pm) lol

....Sherlock will be in the beginning a bit
...then for 10 minutes when the mom goes missing and he tries to get her to go back to school
....maybe a scene where he figures out Ebola is in trouble
....then he comes to her rescue and they all kick ass together for the last 20 minutes

I think you've probably got that exactly right. My guess is that this was probably a 'shoot out' situation, where they had him in for a couple of weeks to do his scenes, and then released him. It is a good cast all around though. Looking forward to seeing it.

birdf

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I know that it is out of the thread but I would like to publicly thank @Tula1 and dedicate her this post. And I hope that she posts more in here. :wink7
The-hell-of-the-living.jpg

Last edited:

BumbleNums

KING OF THE CASTLE
Reaction score
Reactions
1,300 35 9
Alleybux
I finally saw "The Night Hunter" and "The man from UNCLE" and I realized that I have seen them before:) Of course I have been watching them now as proper fan of Henry so I was more focused on him. These are good movies, Guy Ritchie did absolutely amazing job. Henry's role as a spy is absolutely stunning, he is like number ONE for James Bond. Broccoli if you choose for next Bond Tom Hardy, it will be your another mistake like with David Craig, who is terrible in this role (the man of one face). Henry is having class,appearance and he is a proper gentlemen. Henry Cavill for James Bond !!!!

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I finally saw "The Night Hunter" and "The man from UNCLE" and I realized that I have seen them before:) Of course I have been watching them now as proper fan of Henry so I was more focused on him. These are good movies, Guy Ritchie did absolutely amazing job. Henry's role as a spy is absolutely stunning, he is like number ONE for James Bond. Broccoli if you choose for next Bond Tom Hardy, it will be your another mistake like with David Craig, who is terrible in this role (the man of one face). Henry is having class,appearance and he is a proper gentlemen. Henry Cavill for James Bond !!!!

I think Hardy is a great actor (Venom aside - I can't believe they're doing a sequel), but for me, very much like Craig, he doesn't have the right look. Of all the actors who have been mentioned as potential Bonds, the only one, other than Henry, that I can see in the role is Richard Madden. He has that Connery vibe, and is a very strong actor himself. That said, he doesn't have Henry's polish, charisma, or capacity for action scenes.

Overall, I think the Bond franchise needs a good injection of lifeblood. Henry as 007 is the right start, but the next movie will also need a great villain. Maybe that's the spot for Hardy, or Cumberbatch, or go really outside the box with DiCaprio. Better yet, cast Cruise as the villain, and let HC get him back for the hook in the face :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Netflix just posted this vid on YouTube of Joey reading The Last Wish. Of course, I prefer to hear HC reading it (that deep voice of his is delicious), but it's nice to get any 'new' Witcher content right now, and Joey is adorable.

There's no telling when they filmed this. I doubt it was recent, considering everything being shut down. It does look like the same set that Henry did his reading from. Maybe they did a bunch of these, so I guess it's possible that we'll get more.

ShortNBlonde

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,938 2,631 831
Alleybux
It’s Superman day over here lol

A channel here in Canada (Showcase) is playing Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Justice League today starting in the afternoon.

I watched these movies a few months back, but what the hell else do I have to do today...:b64

CocoNutty90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,534 218 49
Alleybux

A channel here in Canada (Showcase) is playing Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Justice League today starting in the afternoon.

I watched these movies a few months back, but what the hell else do I have to do today...:b64
I didn't mind Man Of Steel but BvS was a mess. Justice League was ok, but it always bums me out that we finally get to see the Superman that everyone wants (and that Henry is capable of) :unsure:

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

Sounds like time well spent to me ;)

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I didn't mind Man Of Steel but BvS was a mess. Justice League was ok, but it always bums me out that we finally get to see the Superman that everyone wants (and that Henry is capable of) :unsure:

OK, I was going to stay away from this topic, but since the movies have been brought up, I'll offer up my thoughts, and let the chips fall where they may.

I truly believe that everything that went wrong the BvS and Justice League had mostly to do with the Batman character. Here's my list of peeves:

1. Casting Affleck. I'm sorry to offend any Affleck fans, but I don't think he's a good actor, and his performance is always very low energy. It was the wrong vibe for the movie.

2. Making Batman older and jaded. Fans don't want to see a superhero that's on his last legs. Mix that with Affleck's low energy, and it's a really bad combo.

3. The Batman suit was too bulky. He looked awkward moving in it, and that slowed the energy even more.

4. Launching JL on Batman steam. Really? You have geriatric Batman starting the movie, and this is the guy who's going to pull the League together? Ma please!

5. Too long to bring Superman in. There were two reasons that people watched JL; to see the League put together, and (probably mostly) to see how Superman comes back. They spent too long in the melancholy. Supes should have been brought back earlier, and maybe they could have spent more time with his adjusting to be back.

I can't help but think that the franchise would have done better with a more vibrant Batman. It was Batman vs Superman for Pete's sake. Kryptonite aside, Batman should have been at the top of his game!

StillWishing

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
555 5
Alleybux
Hey ladies, I usually don’t post in here a lot, but I love to read everyone’s posts. I hope you and all your loved ones all are doing well!

To keep it interesting in here, I was thinking of starting a post about when we discovered Henry, and being super detailed about it (as much as you what that is) hahah

like:

-what show, film, interview introduced you to him?

-what year was it, and how old was he (or you, if you want haha)?

-have you met him?

-favorite film and/or show?

-first thoughts of him?

-and how was the imaginary day of your wedding with him like? Hahahaha :joy:

Sending lots of virtual love and hugs your ways! :love

Valkyrie2019

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
1) I "met" him in Man from UNCLE. He looked like the epitome of every romantic novel protagonist of my teenage years. So, that answer my first thought about him too. Tall, dark and handsome will always look like HC to me.

2) I followed him on IG in 2016 and I was blown away by his account. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that someone as gorgeous as him, was smart, funny and apparently a nice person too.

3) I hope someday I can meet him in person.
I am older than him, so I don't have romantic ideas with him, however, the way he portrays himself (gentle, but straightforward and articulate) are qualities I'd like to find in a real life partner.

zoobles

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I’ve seen a bunch of stay at home HC edits but this one is my favorite

birdf

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
OK, I was going to stay away from this topic, but since the movies have been brought up, I'll offer up my thoughts, and let the chips fall where they may.

I truly believe that everything that went wrong the BvS and Justice League had mostly to do with the Batman character. Here's my list of peeves:

1. Casting Affleck. I'm sorry to offend any Affleck fans, but I don't think he's a good actor, and his performance is always very low energy. It was the wrong vibe for the movie.

2. Making Batman older and jaded. Fans don't want to see a superhero that's on his last legs. Mix that with Affleck's low energy, and it's a really bad combo.

3. The Batman suit was too bulky. He looked awkward moving in it, and that slowed the energy even more.

4. Launching JL on Batman steam. Really? You have geriatric Batman starting the movie, and this is the guy who's going to pull the League together? Ma please!

5. Too long to bring Superman in. There were two reasons that people watched JL; to see the League put together, and (probably mostly) to see how Superman comes back. They spent too long in the melancholy. Supes should have been brought back earlier, and maybe they could have spent more time with his adjusting to be back.

I can't help but think that the franchise would have done better with a more vibrant Batman. It was Batman vs Superman for Pete's sake. Kryptonite aside, Batman should have been at the top of his game!

I do agree, there was definitely an issue with the Batman character. Plus, Ben Affleck, got better lines.

I don't understand Snyder's Superman and I understood even less the Superman vs Batman thing. Batman, the superhero who just has gadgets, was plotted as the alpha superhero all along, which makes absolutely no sense. I cannot understand how Superman can ever have a serious fight with Batman. I can understand that Batman wants to pick a fight with Superman though, but it should be enough for Superman to get Batman by his little bat-ears, rise him up to a couple of km, look down and tell him: “do you still wanna pick a fight?”. And I am convinced that there could be a good film after this.

I guess you've all see it, but there is this very cute video in which HC asks some kids if they prefer Superman or Batman. Obviously, and it is not accidental, the girls picked Batman. (Impossible for those girls to believe that Snyder's Superman was going to save them. They'd rather believe that Batman can fly...) Instead, most of the boys picked Superman, because that is what it is cool to be, particularly as a kid. Even the boy who picked originally Batman chose at the end to fly...

birdf

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hey ladies, I usually don’t post in here a lot, but I love to read everyone’s posts. I hope you and all your loved ones all are doing well!

To keep it interesting in here, I was thinking of starting a post about when we discovered Henry, and being super detailed about it (as much as you what that is) hahah

like:

-what show, film, interview introduced you to him?

-what year was it, and how old was he (or you, if you want haha)?

-have you met him?

-favorite film and/or show?

-first thoughts of him?

-and how was the imaginary day of your wedding with him like? Hahahaha :joy:

Sending lots of virtual love and hugs your ways! :love

Short story for me. I realized of HC existence by The Witcher episode 3. I began watching The Witcher looking for a replacement for GoT and I was quite disappointed with the first episodes, so I didn't really see Geralt the Rivia. Before giving up the series I went to check opinions on Twitter and I found a tweet of a straight man that read some like: the series is really not worth it, but the guy is really handsome, he is so handsome that you could place him in a glass cabinet because of how handsome he is. So I thought that I was maybe missing something :sneaky: and went back to it. Then I watched many interviews of HC and that was the decisive thing for me.

After that I watch his films more or less anti-chronologically. At some point I found myself watching on youtube some videos of “Laguna”. o_O He was really young there and I got so shocked about myself that I stopped! :rotfl

The Man from U.N.C.L.E is, in my opinion, the character he is best at (then Geralt)

You already want all of us to walk the aisle?? But we don't even know if he snores... :wink7

Hugs back! :emoji_hugging:

Zitabonita

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Short story for me. I realized of HC existence by The Witcher episode 3. I began watching The Witcher looking for a replacement for GoT and I was quite disappointed with the first episodes, so I didn't really see Geralt the Rivia. Before giving up the series I went to check opinions on Twitter and I found a tweet of a straight man that read some like: the series is really not worth it, but the guy is really handsome, he is so handsome that you could place him in a glass cabinet because of how handsome he is. So I thought that I was maybe missing something :sneaky: and went back to it. Then I watched many interviews of HC and that was the decisive thing for me.

After that I watch his films more or less anti-chronologically. At some point I found myself watching on youtube some videos of “Laguna”. o_O He was really young there and I got so shocked about myself that I stopped! :rotfl

The Man from U.N.C.L.E is, in my opinion, the character he is best at (then Geralt)

You already want all of us to walk the aisle?? But we don't even know if he snores... :wink7

Hugs back! :emoji_hugging:
I think Kal snores

CocoNutty90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,534 218 49
Alleybux
I don't understand Snyder's Superman and I understood even less the Superman vs Batman thing. Batman, the superhero who just has gadgets, was plotted as the alpha superhero all along, which makes absolutely no sense. I cannot understand how Superman can ever have a serious fight with Batman. I can understand that Batman wants to pick a fight with Superman though, but it should be enough for Superman to get Batman by his little bat-ears, rise him up to a couple of km, look down and tell him: “do you still wanna pick a fight?”. And I am convinced that there could be a good film after this.
They really should have done another Superman movie and/or a Batman movie before doing BvS.

And in order to level out the playing field Batman can always use Kryptonite. I mean, you could the same thing about Clois. Is it really believable that they could have a relationship without him hurting her physically??

It's hot again in the Cavill kitchen ;)

The pasta looks nice. Guess he's not a fan of Zoodles lol

Sassy Sue

DILLIGAF
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Joey posted a video of his own entry into the Witcher Bakeoff. This is hysterical.

The best part is that, after this, he left a comment on Henry's IG post "Pffft Amateur" I love these two together. They must be a riot on set :LOL::LOL::LOL:

CocoNutty90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,534 218 49
Alleybux
Joey posted a video of his own entry into the Witcher Bakeoff. This is hysterical.

The best part is that, after this, he left a comment on Henry's IG post "Pffft Amateur" I love these two together. They must be a riot on set :LOL::LOL::LOL:

He really likes saying cock alot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom