Quantcast

The Irregulars | Official Trailer | Netflix March 26 SEASON 1 OUT NOW!

baladar

genius lives only one story above madness....
Reaction score
Reactions
214,495 3,494 976
Alleybux
Some of those faces in the screenshot look very..........British.

Let me just leave it at that.

AllLashes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,023 3,953 397
Alleybux
This looks good!! I was ready to watch this NOW, almost logged off.
Reminds me of the Alienists, I love British anything.

26Mar, gotcha!

Diahann Carroll

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,309 208 239
Alleybux
Won't be watching. I stopped watching TV shows and films that didn't have black (not biracial) actresses in them /or as main characters. I also stopped supporting musicians who have ever said anything negative about black women. I wish all black women could do the same.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,998 274,524 8,222
Alleybux

TWEET TOMLIN

HAUPTÜBUNGSLEITERIN
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
1,077,392 42,715 6,195
Alleybux
Seven episodes in and some quick thoughts so far:

- I don't really like the main character. How old is she supposed to be?
- I wish the black friend had more of a storyline
- I wish the group acted more like a team, but maybe that's the point
- Hate what they did to Watson
- Sherlock does not need to be anyone's father
- The actor playing Sherlock does not have what it takes
- The Magical Linen Negro being evil was the most obvious thing ever

Mia Fey

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
788 14 1
Alleybux
Sorry, I don't know how to do spoiler tags, but your last point: I thought it was sooo obvious that it couldn't possibly be the case. I guess I outsmarted myself haha!
**that was in response to tweethummels, i screwed up the reply too.

TWEET TOMLIN

HAUPTÜBUNGSLEITERIN
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
1,077,392 42,715 6,195
Alleybux
Sorry, I don't know how to do spoiler tags, but your last point: I thought it was sooo obvious that it couldn't possibly be the case. I guess I outsmarted myself haha!
**that was in response to tweethummels, i screwed up the reply too.

I thought so too at first, but once he got on that boat, I was sure. :laugh2

kaelove

Vamp Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
10,814 154 279
Alleybux
I made an attempt to watch an episode of this, but an episode is enough unless someone comes and tells me it gets a lot better... I'm just not liking the show. I'll try watching most things Sherlock Holmes related, but they don't always hit, and in this case I just don't care about any of the cast. Plus the entire thing feels like a stage play, none of these people are believable as street urchins and I can just see the staging (if that makes sense). It breaks my immersion. And I wasn't really expecting this to be historically accurate or anything, but something feels off about it even in a fantasy setting.

I don't really get who the audience for this is either. Right off the bat I would assume children due to the way this is set up, how ham-fisted the writing is, and how the young mains are portrayed. Kids shows often give off a certain vibe which this has. But this show is far too violent to be a kids show, and as a "young adult" show it's really not up to par. And I'm someone who watched all of Cursed which wasn't especially big with critics or audiences, so I don't think I have high standards or anything. I'll watch things if they're just ok if it has something which holds my interest (especially if it's fantasy or sci-fi).

But yeah, I just didn't like this. For those who continued watching, does it get better?

Mia Fey

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
788 14 1
Alleybux
I made an attempt to watch an episode of this, but an episode is enough unless someone comes and tells me it gets a lot better... I'm just not liking the show. I'll try watching most things Sherlock Holmes related, but they don't always hit, and in this case I just don't care about any of the cast. Plus the entire thing feels like a stage play, none of these people are believable as street urchins and I can just see the staging (if that makes sense). It breaks my immersion. And I wasn't really expecting this to be historically accurate or anything, but something feels off about it even in a fantasy setting.

I don't really get who the audience for this is either. Right off the bat I would assume children due to the way this is set up, how ham-fisted the writing is, and how the young mains are portrayed. Kids shows often give off a certain vibe which this has. But this show is far too violent to be a kids show, and as a "young adult" show it's really not up to par. And I'm someone who watched all of Cursed which wasn't especially big with critics or audiences, so I don't think I have high standards or anything. I'll watch things if they're just ok if it has something which holds my interest (especially if it's fantasy or sci-fi).

But yeah, I just didn't like this. For those who continued watching, does it get better?
It's a fun watch, and I got interested in the characters. I am also a huge SH fan, and love the original stories, so was a little put out at how they portrayed Sherlock and Watson. But the series is called "The Irregulars" not "Yet another Sherlock and Watson show", so just went with it.

kaelove

Vamp Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
10,814 154 279
Alleybux
It's a fun watch, and I got interested in the characters. I am also a huge SH fan, and love the original stories, so was a little put out at how they portrayed Sherlock and Watson. But the series is called "The Irregulars" not "Yet another Sherlock and Watson show", so just went with it.
Hmm... I might try an episode or two more to see if it gets better then. (y) And I'm not a Sherlock Holmes purist so don't really mind if they go off-track with that, but I guess it's good to know so I don't get too invested in John or Sherlock as characters. :angry5