Quantcast

The "jumped the shark"/when the show startet going astray thread

kishikcm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,240 58 26
Alleybux
The show struggled after Wes died. But I still love it. I just felt he was too important to kill.

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,939 1,770 409
Alleybux
For me the show started going down hill on season 2 but I still enjoyed it with it's flaws. I thought season 3 was pretty bad but this season here takes the cake. The official jumping the shark moment for me was when the baby was kidnapped.

They definitely do white-wash Sam every time they bring him back. Season 2 was okay but now he's basically a saint as if he didn't order the death of his pregnant woman..

At first I didn't mind Wes being killed of but then I realized there was no thought or reason to it. He was killed off for no good reason and they are dragging it out to keep the last of the viewers watching.

Taking away the classes and cases did nothing but hurt the show. Without those two things that leaves the rest of the cast doing nothing but bitching and causing problems for AK which I imagine is what Pete wants. He likes Annalise being alone and miserable. Do you remember the last time Annalise smiled? The so called mystery of season has become a joke too. I always loved Annalise and Bonnie scenes but Pete went and made their backstory horrible. Nate is pointless and Frank does nothing but screw Laurel.

At minimum we got see Viola act her ass off now she's been sidelined on her own show. I will still make the weekly threads but I'm no longer watching this show. Last week's episode was the lowest viewed of the series and I'm sure it will continue to fall with the focus on The Castillos. I'm just waiting to hear that's been canceled because Pete has no problem with how the show is. He doesn't even acknowledge the ratings drop.
Agree with everything @DC123 said

MiaSong

Inspired
Reaction score
Reactions
19,275 157 32
Alleybux
I binge watched last season after losing a bit of interest in the show. The Scandal crossover was cool (I had recently finished the last 2 seasons of the series) Sadly I really can't get into this season. Feels a bit redundant. I might binge later but I think my days off following along weekly have passed.

Selma2016

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,875 264 132
Alleybux
I can say that my family was watching the show until they had Viola kiss a woman. My aunt in particular felt it was too much. She wanted to see a relationship with a black man & woman. I told her the show is still good & we should support Viola but I was the only one that continued to watch it to the end. I stopped watching live after the second season and would watch every few episodes.

I totally stopped watching scandal in season 4 when they destroyed Olivia’s character & made her go back to a married man & tried to paint it as some great love story. It was not. Then brought in the black man to screw it was a mess.

I was turned off by Laurel/Wes. I never like Rebeca/Wes. the writers should have spent more time fleshing out the other characters if they were going to kill Wes and they didn’t.