Quantcast

The man accused of firing a shot at George Zimmerman has been charged with attempted murder.

M I M I I

Vice President
Reaction score
Reactions
12 1
Alleybux
By Sky News US Team

The man accused of firing a shot at George Zimmerman has been charged with attempted murder.

Matthew Apperson, 36, allegedly opened fire at Mr Zimmerman in May after pulling up alongside his pickup truck on a busy street in suburban Orlando.

He initially faced a count of aggravated assault and battery, but the charge was upgraded on Thursday to attempted second-degree murder, State Attorney Phil Archer said.

Matthew Apperson. Pic: Seminole County Sheriff's Office
Matthew Apperson claimed Mr Zimmerman pointed a gun at him

Prosecutors contend that Apperson has a "fixation" with Mr Zimmerman, who was acquitted of killing of black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2013.

The shooting incident between Apperson and Mr Zimmerman was not their first encounter, police said.

Last September, Apperson alleged that Mr Zimmerman had threatened him, but declined to pursue charges and police could not find any witnesses.

Two days later, Apperson called police to report that Mr Zimmerman's truck was parked near the office where he worked.

Mr Zimmerman told officers that he had an appointment in the same office park, and no charges were filed.

In their latest encounter, Mr Zimmerman told police he was driving when Apperson got behind his truck and yelled: "You remember me you fat m***********?"

According to Mr Zimmerman, Apperson then yelled: "You owe me your life. The only reason I didn't press charges on you is because I wanted to kill you myself."

Mr Zimmerman suffered minor injuries from flying glass after the bullet flew through the window of his truck.

The former watch volunteer has had several brushes with the law since his controversial 2013 acquittal.

The case sparked protests and a national debate about race.

Lookin Azz

I can see your lace
Reaction score
Reactions
90,044 2,247 138
Alleybux
Can we release Mr. Apperson and let him try one more time

PLZ

If he misses the second shot, he can go to prison for getting my hopes up.

j_da_belle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
19,322 207 61
Alleybux
GTFOH!! Attempted murder because he missed. If George had been black & was killed he would have been given a pat on the back & sent on his way. ​I am willing to chip in on his target practice. They apparently have beef so this could pop off again.

Reaction score
Reactions
10,982 163 18
Alleybux
By Sky News US Team

In their latest encounter, Mr Zimmerman told police he was driving when Apperson got behind his truck and yelled: "You remember me you fat m***********?"

gif-4.gif

IndigoChild

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
118 12 1
Alleybux
meanwhile zimmerman gets away with everything he does.

i didnt know about 3 of these incidents:

On September 9, 2013, in Lake Mary, police responded to a 911 call by Zimmerman's estranged wife, who reported that Zimmerman had threatened her and her father with a gun (in their face) and had punched her father in the face. Zimmerman was briefly detained and questioned by police.[SUP][32][/SUP] No gun was found at the scene. Police took a broken iPad from the scene for examination of a video recording of the incident to determine whether to press charges against either Zimmerman or his wife.[SUP][33][/SUP] His wife declined to press charges, later expressing regret about her decision.[SUP][34][/SUP] After determining that the iPad video could not be recovered, the Lake Mary police department announced they would not be pressing charges against Zimmerman, his wife, or her father.[SUP][35][/SUP]

On November 18, 2013, Zimmerman's girlfriend called the police alleging that after she had asked Zimmerman to leave her home, he had pointed a shotgun at her and begun breaking her belongings.[SUP][36][/SUP] The police reported that Zimmerman had barricaded himself inside the apartment before they had made their way inside and arrested him.[SUP][37][/SUP] He was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon – a felony – as well as domestic violence battery and criminal mischief.[SUP][38][/SUP][SUP][39][/SUP] On December 6, Zimmerman's girlfriend asked that the charges against Zimmerman be dropped and that the restraining order barring him from seeing her be lifted, after which prosecutors said that they would no longer be pursuing a case against him.[SUP][40][/SUP][SUP][41][/SUP]

On January 9, 2015, Zimmerman was arrested by Lake Mary police and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon after allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his ex-girlfriend.[SUP][42][/SUP] He was released on bond the following day.[SUP][43][/SUP] The charges were later dropped after the complainant recanted her story.

On September 9, 2014, George Zimmerman was named by police in a road rage incident where he reportedly threatened and followed another driver,[SUP][45][/SUP] later named by police as Matthew Apperson.

why did both his ex wife and his girlfriend drop the charges on multiple occasions? ugh. george zimmerman should not be walking free on this earth

The f***** manipulates situations to make himself look innocent.

After pushing her out, Zimmerman barricaded the door with furniture and refused to leave, saying that he would talk to police by phone, authorities said.

Scheibe told the dispatcher: 'You kidding me? He pushed me out of my house and locked me out. ... He knows how to do this. He knows how to play this game.'

Moments later, Zimmerman called 911 from inside the barricaded house to tell his side of the story.

'I have a girlfriend, who for lack of a better word, has gone crazy on me,' Zimmerman said.
Zimmerman then said he never pulled a gun on his girlfriend, and that it was Scheibe who smashed a table at the home they shared.

He also told the dispatcher that Scheibe was pregnant with their child and that she had decided she would raise the child on her own. When Zimmerman started to leave, 'she got mad,' he said.
Seminole County Sheriff's Office Deputy Chief Dennis Lemma said at a news conference that Scheibe wasn't pregnant.

Reaction score
Reactions
10,982 163 18
Alleybux
Seriously though, does Apperson have a GoFundMe like George had that time? I got $5 on it just for calling him a fat motha---

petitefille

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,573 777 521
Alleybux
Someone should create a Kickstarter for the accused...

ETA: looks like others beat my slow ass to it.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,630 5,573 5,245
Alleybux
Now, THAT'S the guy that deserves a gofundme. I regret that he had poor aim.

JerzyD

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
442 7 5
Alleybux
I would honestly contribute something for him to walk away from those charges. If someone starts a gofundme then I'm in.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
I'm seriously starting to think that Zimmerman and the devil have a pact going on. How is it that he gets away with every criminal act he engages in, cold blooded murder included, but those who square off against him all end up losing every time??? He's like the anti-Karma on fat stumpy legs. sh!t is creepy as hell.

PowerPuffBarbie

Being weird is just a side-effect of being awesome
Reaction score
Reactions
117,167 2,134 668
Alleybux
OH !! Attempted murder ? But killing Trayvon was not murder? Uh huh. Is that so?

Man it must be such a privilege to be white. But on that note, someone is gonna have to step up and finish the job. This guy wouldve had more props if he'd finish out the job. NEXT !! (this man doesn't deserve to breathe the same air that im breathing; his time will come though - may zimmerman die slow and painfully for what he did) SLOW AND PAINFULLY!!

SN: drag me for this all you want but he disgusts me!!

devilicious

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,958 7,677 2,603
Alleybux
why they referred to zimmertrash as Mr Zimmerman and Apperson as simply Apperson?
I wish Apperson was jewish. the media would quickly turn this against that murderer

devilicious

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,958 7,677 2,603
Alleybux
I'm seriously starting to think that Zimmerman and the devil have a pact going on. How is it that he gets away with every criminal act he engages in, cold blooded murder included, but those who square off against him all end up losing every time??? He's like the anti-Karma on fat stumpy legs. sh!t is creepy as hell.

he might be the devil himself

i hope he has cancer sometime soon and no amount of morphine will help him
i hope the doctors treating him refuse to give euthanasia
i hope every bone of his body hurts
i hope his pea-sized balls hurt
i hope it hurts to sh!t, pee, eat, and breathe
and i hope he lives a very long struggle life in pain and throwing up
until the day he becomes food for worms