The moral of this story is. . . Don’t be difficult with old people. They can turn out to be petty

Team Owner
Reactions
399,418 92,410 3,089
Alleybux

LINK

Wow. This old lady handed her bank card to the teller and said “I would like to withdraw $10”.

The teller told her “for withdrawals less than $100, please use the ATM.

The old lady wanted to know why...

The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her “these are the rules, please leave if there is no further matter. There is a line of customers behind you”.

The old lady remained silent for a few seconds and handed her card back to the teller and said “please help me withdraw all the money I have.”

The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her “you have $300,000 in your account but the bank doesn’t have that much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come back again tomorrow?”

The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately. The teller told her any amount up to $3000. “Well please let me have $3000 now.”

The teller kindly handed $3000 very friendly and with a smile to her.

The old lady put $10 in her purse and asked the teller to deposit $2990 back into her account.

The moral of this story is....

Don’t be difficult with old people. They spent a lifetime learning this skill.

Yo mama
Reactions
213,448 13,348 4,702
Alleybux

LINK

Wow. This old lady handed her bank card to the teller and said “I would like to withdraw $10”.

The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her “these are the rules, please leave if there is no further matter. There is a line of customers behind you”.

The old lady remained silent for a few seconds and handed her card back to the teller and said “please help me withdraw all the money I have.”

The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her “you have $300,000 in your account but the bank doesn’t have that much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come back again tomorrow?”

The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately. The teller told her any amount up to $3000. “Well please let me have $3000 now.”

The old lady put $10 in her purse and asked the teller to deposit $2990 back into her account.

We stan a petty queen.

@N2Ladies she got $300k in the bank.

Shoot your shot!

General Manager
Reactions
12,003 162 16
Alleybux
Also don’t try and tech-shame old people. Some get newer tech and computers fast but some never will. This old lady is the reason we still have tellers in the first place sheesh

North West is the real MVP!
Reactions
9,417 118 32
Alleybux
Maybe the next story time they can add a photo of someone at a bank ... then pair it with the story of an old person checking into a hotel.

No protective glass? Interior doors? Carpeting? In the lobby of a bank? People don't even try.

1620823056280.png

General Manager
Reactions
26,492 356 39
Alleybux
Also don’t try and tech-shame old people. Some get newer tech and computers fast but some never will. This old lady is the reason we still have tellers in the first place sheesh

That's some truth. There's actually a market for teaching elders tech stuff, and it's not like teaching them how to code it's creating emails, how to setup essential accounts, and knowing how to navigate the internet. And really, what they're looking for is someone to help them gain confidence online. Since every lesson their homework is basically get online and try something new to share with the class to show you're getting comfortable with tech.

And if someone asks how to start: everybody knows somebody old that needs help. Especially during the vaccine sign ups, there was a severe lack of access for high risk elders to the vaccine waiting lists.

Team Owner
Reactions
399,418 92,410 3,089
Alleybux
That's some truth. There's actually a market for teaching elders tech stuff, and it's not like teaching them how to code it's creating emails, how to setup essential accounts, and knowing how to navigate the internet. And really, what they're looking for is someone to help them gain confidence online. Since every lesson their homework is basically get online and try something new to share with the class to show you're getting comfortable with tech.

And if someone asks how to start: everybody knows somebody old that needs help. Especially during the vaccine sign ups, there was a severe lack of access for high risk elders to the vaccine waiting lists.
My mom took a course at the home she lived and when Christmas came around she wanted to send an email to her teacher but by then she had already forgot how to.

Team Owner
Reactions
83,520 4,141 5,785
Alleybux

LINK

I got it on FB about an hour ago and love it.

Never misjudge someone just because they are old. They could be richer and smart than you think!

Team Owner
Reactions
25,577 402 21
Alleybux
Love it.
That old woman took the teller's bullshit, and threw it right back at her!
BOOM!

Now give me my $10 that I asked for, and the hell with the long line, deposit the $2,990!

Ce cote de paradis
Reactions
44,317 2,038 2,504
Alleybux
Awww my granddaddy knew all of the tellers in the bank. He would pay his bills by check (until I started taking over) and balance his check book with the register from the account statements he got in the mail. He'd be pissed if it was off my a cent. I love old people.

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Denmark's Christian Eriksen suffered MASSIVE heart attack+cardiac arrest, if wasn't for Kjear's...
That was scary AF. A cardiac arrest at 29... wonder if he had an undetected heart condition? Anyway, glad he seems to be fine. Hope he makes a...
  • Poll
Men sing with more soul than women?
My husband and I love 90s R&B as its the era we grew up in. We were having a discussion the other day and he says men can blow better than women...
New York Who These Chicks Be Vol. 24
Does anyone know any people that do same day hair drop offs. Or a place where I can buy some bundles/frontal in store?? Bigobundles
UPDATE Welcome to Chiraq: The tales of liars, killas and stealers.
I wouldn’t wanna bring a fatherless child here on purpose either, especially knowing who von was and what happen it’s just gone be a tragic...
struggling with self hate
What is a pajeet? Just another degrading stereotypical term for Indian men, we can't have enough.
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
He is looking good. Meanwhile I’m sitting here trying to work out if that is Superman hair and whether he’s the right shape for the blue sui. TBH...
A Deeper Cut: The Seven Seals (Last Days Prophecies Part 2)
I Have Set the Time of the End of this Age by My Destroyer of Nations (Planet X / Nibiru) Received 7-22 through 8-1-20 My children, I speak to...
MsNaz2u - Seasoning 41 - The Death Vehicle Chronicles ft. the Habsburg Jawed Preggo Ho, Obese...
Oh look Naz is eating again wow I wish I could afford take out multiple times a day while the rest of my household eats shit. I could but choose...
Top Bottom