Quantcast

The New Rolling Stone Cover...

UnderstatedBri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
255,825 4,014 3,156
Alleybux
She has every right to respond how she wants to artwork that is depicting her and those that represent. You keep bringing up how you're a dark skin woman but are you forgetting that others who are reacting are also dark skin women?
I ALSO have every right to respond how I want to respond in terms of this artwork and how It depicts me and those that it represents.

Dark Skin women are not mules, not male identified, not martyrs, we dont have to sit on the sidelines, we don't have to subscribe to patriarchal ideas, we don't have to feel shamed for our strength, or the fact that some of us are leaders in this movement, or un afraid to use our voice, or that a women that looks like me is seen as unfeminine, or not beautiful or desired.

Last edited:

angryturtle

purrrrr
Reaction score
Reactions
82,184 2,551 3,877
Alleybux
And this is why I’ve been saying BW should stay out of it. Take off the damn capes. I remember when fonts were angry that Breonna Taylor’s case wasn’t receiving even a fraction of the attention Floyd’s murder got, and mules and their BM came into the thread talking about well police brutality effects BM more! That’s why the focus is always on protesting for BM!

Welp....since BM are MOST affected by police brutality, shouldn’t it be BM leading the charge?

And before and mules in this thread start, spare me the bird brained “I have brothers, I have sons, I have a baby daddy” . Because black men ALSO have mothers, sisters, daughters and they NEVER rush to bring this up for BW. Instead it’s :emoji_shrug: from them. How are mules not embarrassed?

At this point it’s disgusting how they’re trying to paint BW as these strong warriors on the front lines fighting for BM. I mean I guess that’s what’s going on irl (again see mules), but it’s also crazy that the media has latched onto this so eagerly with their propaganda. Like other fonts said, suddenly they have no problem depicting a dark skin black woman. But let it be on a softer topic, and Zendaya is chosen as representation for BW. It’s all very sickening, and I say this as someone LS myself, but even I see what’s going on. I’m surprised they didn’t depict a little girl alongside the DSBW. They’ve been pushing that little dark skin black girl on the front lines narrative lately too. I’ve seen SEVERAL pieces of art depicting a little girl standing in front of armed police or looking “strong” in protestor mode.

All of it is gross to me.

BISH_IM_ME

So Serious
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,915 121 87
Alleybux
But if they had put a black man instead y’all would be like “THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US, WE WERE OUT THERE MARCHING TOO!”

I find it amazing how some of y’all can find the negativity in EVERYTHING. It’s exhausting and not that serious.

You missed the message... where are the men?

This is brainwashing

Recognize that black women are the number 1 voting populous in the democratic party. They have the ability to completely change the narrative. So they use our images to incite emotions and sway opinion. Its socialized engineering.

11BlackMagnolia11

**✿❀sweet&simple❀✿**
Reaction score
Reactions
11,458 209 252
Alleybux
I ALSO have every right to respond how I want to respond in terms of this artwork and how It depicts me and those that it represents.

Right. But I notice you tend to use your energy on attacking other dark skin/black women when you dislike how they respond to things like this. As if to say your opinion is better than others. You may think different, thats good for you. You shouldn't get snarky with others who are beside you. We are not your enemy.

Dark Skin women are not mules, not male identified, not martyrs, we dont have to sit on the sidelines, we don't have to subscibe to patriarchal ideas, we don't have to feel shamed for our strength, or the fact that some of us are leaders in this movement, or un afraid to use our voice, or that a women that looks like me is scene as unfeminine.

You may not feel shame for all these things and thats fine. If someone else does, and wants to express that and work towards reversing that, let them do so without scolding them.

UnderstatedBri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
255,825 4,014 3,156
Alleybux
Right. But I notice you tend to use your energy on attacking other dark skin/black women when you dislike how they respond to things like this. As if to say your opinion is better than others. You may think different, thats good for you. You shouldn't get snarky with others who are beside you. We are not your enemy.

You may not feel shame for all these things and thats fine. If someone else does, and wants to express that and work towards reversing that, let them do so without scolding them.

Who did I get snarky with? This is a forum. I can openly share my opinion, especially if it's a dissenting one. When people also view my skin tone & the depictions of it negatively, then you are Not beside me and you are not my ally. Also it's other self-proclaimed dark skin women attacking and responding to me in this thread, so yes that is who I have the energy for.

My thoughts are in the minority in thread. I stated my opinion and keep it moving. I was the one that was FIRST quoted, so who scolded who, for having a differing opinion?

If someone else does, and wants to express that and work towards reversing that, let them do so without scolding them.

In that same spirit can I have that same respect.

Last edited:

angryturtle

purrrrr
Reaction score
Reactions
82,184 2,551 3,877
Alleybux
The reason they would not allow her to have a black woman's face on her teeshirt is they are trying to keep black women's minds black-male-centric. They want black women to continue Caping and fighting for black men at our own expense....leaving all issues concerning the progression of women to white women and other races of women...

The powers that be do not want black women supporting or showing sympathy, empathy for any black woman or girl. Once a woman feels empathy or concern for another woman, it means your mind is no longer male-centric. Black women would begin see ourselves as women, and fight for our rights/spaces. This is why Sandra Bland and Breonna are ignored by the powers that be. It’s not an accident.

This cover is genuinely a propaganda hit piece targeting black women.

I noticed this as well. The fact that they have George Floyd’s face on her tshirt speaks VOLUMES. And you’re right, this is centering BM, and it only proves the media knows exactly what it’s going in terms of their portrayals of black women.

ItsCookieC.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,901 6,914 2,209
Alleybux
One thing that I cannot wrap my head around is BM who unapologetically taut BW as the strong ones of the community. If BW are the strong ones, then what are they?...But then want to cry about being emasculated and women not “submitting” to them.

The call is coming from inside the house.

LMAO!

That last quote took me back to:

A6EB7FC0-5533-4E74-A595-04CE7BA934A8.jpeg

SenseiLenny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,589 2,041 1,774
Alleybux
Damn the negativity in here is thick ... I keep scrolling hoping for something different but all I get is anger and disappointment.
What happened to y’all man ? Usually there constructive criticism but y’all are seriously wildin in here.
Do you guys realize what you may see is not what others see ? Whites, Asians, and others don’t read it like how some do your guys are saying because you’re reading it as your own personal representation. You guys have to learn to separate ... too much anger and hate in here.

angryturtle

purrrrr
Reaction score
Reactions
82,184 2,551 3,877
Alleybux
From this point on, will be disassociating from BLACK WOMEN who still think we NEED to be on the frontlines of anything like men. These types of women are dangerous and a cancer to the black community. The images in the video below are soul crushing. It's sad.

BLACK WOMEN ARE QUEENS and should be treated like it. NOT THIS^^

From this point on, will be disassociating from BLACK WOMEN who still think we NEED to be on the frontlines of anything like men. These types of women are dangerous and a cancer to the black community. The images in the video below are soul crushing. It's sad.

BLACK WOMEN ARE QUEENS and should be treated like it. NOT THIS^^

All of this is so disturbing. I literally don’t know what I find the most disturbing. The teenage girl on her knees in front of armed police. The confused little girl holding up a sign in front of armed police. The “angry skrong” little black girl marching with her fists balled up. The dumb ass bird pregnant woman with her belly EXPOSED and muling cape on in full force. All of it is just troubling.

KKND04232016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,225 4,205 1,946
Alleybux
This man had many flaws but what he says in this song and in the beginning of the video is ALL TRUE!! THEY HATE BLACK FAMILIES!! Black men that are sell outs don't get that they LOVE seeing you with non-black women and washing your self out. And they love making black women feel unloved unless she's with a white man!! They don't want us around..

CandyLilac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,277 927 1,428
Alleybux
I understand both sides of how people feel: tired of black women’s images as protectors and the negative effects of the strong black woman trope, marching for men that also disrespect and abuse us, and the reality that many times black women are the organizers and leaders for social change.

I care about antiblackness and I care about police brutality, those things affect me and people who look like me, but for once nonblack people actually give a fµck and are matching. So I wish more black women would carry out their activism in safe spaces, and also leave little black children out of protesting in general. The cops see us as target practice, it’s not safe. Let them white people do battle with the cops, they aren’t getting Swiss cheesed at nearly the same levels we are. We all see what happens after curfew. Rubber bullets are dangerous and real bullets end up flying, too.

I was very upset to see pregnant women at these protests and I didn’t like that video of that angry little girl filled with rage at a protest either. We can teach kids about these things without bringing them to war. It’s just not safe. I’m still sad about Toyin marching with no place to safely rest her head only to be murdered by a black man. We must remember to care for ourselves and also surround ourselves with people who care about us.

as for this painting, Kadir actually does a lot of work that depicts black girls and women in a variety of ways including care free and beautiful. He’s not my favourite artist but I’m familiar with his work, he’s okay. I find him a little corny.

The best way for a black woman to be an activist is to care for herself, stay away from these marches/ protests altogether.

Black women should know that getting arrested at these protests leads to a police record. It costs money to have a police record expunged. Having a police record can affect your ability to get a job....yet black women and girls are pushed (through propaganda) like this picture into sacrificing ourselves.

Let the so-called allies figure out how to care for themselves.

ItsCookieC.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,901 6,914 2,209
Alleybux
The best way for a black woman to be an activist is to care for herself, stay away from these marches/ protests altogether.

Black women should know that getting arrested at these protests leads to a police record. It costs money to have a police record expunged. Having a police record can affect your ability to get a job....yet black women and girls are pushed (through propaganda) like this picture into sacrificing ourselves.

Let the so-called allies figure out how to care for themselves.

Black women haven't caught onto the fact that self preservation is a political statement. A powerful one at that.

LaVieEhBelle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,416 2,996 1,243
Alleybux
But if they had put a black man instead y’all would be like “THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US, WE WERE OUT THERE MARCHING TOO!”

I find it amazing how some of y’all can find the negativity in EVERYTHING. It’s exhausting and not that serious.
It never occurred to him to put a Black man and Black woman? That should have been a default image.

CandyLilac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,277 927 1,428
Alleybux
I mean seriously this is subconscious more insulting to black men.. they love saying they don't stick around and be father's or husband's.. have women fighting your battles.. the reality is this picture is very true.. has anyone seen George soon to be wife at one of these rally's? Just wondering..

You mean his white fiancé? She was at his funeral...the powers that be don’t want her face to be seen I’m sure...instead, they kept showing the black mother (he didn’t marry) and his youngest child (a little black girl)....

It wouldn’t have made for good propaganda to show his white fiancé.

herbalmintea

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
171,786 7,962 1,970
Alleybux
Do you guys realize what you may see is not what others see ? Whites, Asians, and others don’t read it like how some do your guys are saying because you’re reading it as your own personal representation. You guys have to learn to separate ... too much anger and hate in here.

I promise you a lot of non-black people see that it's mostly dark skinned black women running these social justice movements. That's why white owned Rolling Stone was okay with this cover. Our image as dsbw has been masculinized for God knows how long. It needs to end.

CandyLilac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,277 927 1,428
Alleybux
Still he would have been attacked for putting anyone but a Black woman on the cover.

There is a sad echo chamber of Black women who claim to be feminist. That live to see negativity in anything Black men do. Unfortunately they are a loud minority.

However, a good deal of us...if your reading this thread, have no interest in protesting on your behalf and are not feminists. You must be thinking about the three gay black women that started BLM. They are black-male identified.

I’m not interested in equal rights for men in dresses forcing themselves into women’s spaces. You are a black male nesting on a website for black women. This is why I would never protest or march for any black male. Weak, waiting for women in general to save the black male/child.

I would be fine, in fact thrilled if they depict a non-black woman fighting on your behalf on the cover of a magazine... it would be fleeting tho...white women and women of other races have always prized beauty and femininity as their power... the powers that be would make sure you never see a white female depicted in this manner if it ever happened once.

White women are not stupid, however many black women are proving how stupid and desperate for attention we are by participating in this mess.

CandyLilac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,277 927 1,428
Alleybux
I'm glad you & several others in this thread get where I'm coming from. I feel like some people are being willfully obtuse. If this cover just showcased a group of people of all races at a protest, I'd be okay with that. Why? Because the issue of police brutality shouldn't lie on the shoulders of black women and children who are the most vulnerable people in the world. Why does that viewpoint offend some people? And why am I lowkey being accused of being a white supremacist for having that viewpoint? There are so many ignorant people on this site it's ridiculous.

Your being accused of being a white supremacist because as a black woman, you are not willing to carry, protect and defend the black male by yourself. You have questions and there are those that don’t want you to question/analyze this cover. No other race of women are put in this position. However, black women must stop this desperate need for validity from the black male.

The black woman's desperate need to be seen, heard and validated has led many to sacrifice themselves. When the dust settles after these protests, and elections, many black women wind up tired, feeling used, dejected/rejected and trying hard to understand why some of the so-called-allies are progressing/being heard and seen, and the black woman is culturally regressing..going backwards. It’s happening more frequently.

This cover represents the very worst depiction of the ride-or-die black female. She’s stomp-walking, angry and isn’t clearly focused or looking straight ahead to determine what’s in front of her, where she is going or what she’s walking towards. This is called, walking blind.

Black women that oppose this cover reject the propaganda heaped on black women to fight like men to protect a community of males that do not protect us, their offspring or themselves. Black women that refuse this propaganda will be verbally harassed, and accused of not being a black woman in order to suppress our voices.

Black men, white women and the lgbtqhijklmnop cannot effectively play the victim role with desertion and dissenters in their ranks. Now you see how black women are treated if we do not openly go against our own best interest and allow others to stand on our backs.

Last edited:

CandyLilac

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,277 927 1,428
Alleybux
We're discussing black women fighting for black men, right?

Is it possible that the absence of black men is due to the reality that a disproportionate number of our men are locked up or killed?

The thing about art is that it can have many different perspectives. I don't know what the artists intentions are and I'm unfamiliar with his work.

By the way, I'm cool with the groans. I'd rather have a healthy discussion about what I said was wrong - art is up for interpretation.

A good deal of black men are locked up because they actually do commit crimes! Black men rape, kill, rob, assault and destroy just like men of other races. Adding black to man does not equal angel.

There are plenty of black men that are not locked up and they won’t go anywhere near the protests. The first few days after George Floyd’s death, there were a ton of black males on the streets...looting the daylights out of area businesses.

When the looting was over, smoke clears, the actual protesters turned out to be:
gay black women (Like the founders of BLM)
gay/white men-women
gay/black men-women
a few other races
a few heterosexual black women
a few heterosexual black men.

This is the general demographic/makeup of BLM movement overall. The fact that the founders of BLM are all part of the LGBT community should not be lost on what BLM real agenda is and has always been. To further the national political agenda of the Democratic Party that is being heavily funded by the LGBT/white women/pro immigration groups.

Black men being killed by white cops is a racial/political opportunity/ tool being used to drive blacks to vote and give money into electing democrats and beyond. A font said it on this thread that this isn’t the first time the Democratic-left, used blacks and racial injustice to further some other groups cause.

Sheeshgeese

Choke me like you hate me, but you love me
Reaction score
Reactions
66,412 1,845 488
Alleybux
A good deal of black men are locked up because they actually do commit crimes! Black men rape, kill, rob, assault and destroy just like men of other races. Adding black to man does not equal angel.

There are plenty of black men that are not locked up and they won’t go anywhere near the protests. The first few days after George Floyd’s death, there were a ton of black males on the streets...looting the daylights out of area businesses.

When the looting was over, smoke clears, the actual protesters turned out to be:
gay/white men-women
gay/black men-women
a few other races

This is the general demographic/makeup of BLM movement overall. The fact that the founders of BLM are all part of the LGBT community should not be lost on what BLM real agenda is and has always been. To further the national political agenda of the Democratic Party that is being heavily funded by the LGBT/white women/pro immigration groups.

Black men being killed by white cops is a racial/political opportunity/ tool being used to drive blacks to vote and give money into electing democrats and beyond. A font said it on this thread that this isn’t the first time the Democratic-left, used blacks and racial injustice to further some other groups cause.
I finally appreciate a response. Please note that nothing I posted was my opinion, just that it is a view that many are seeing on the streets or the media. A few fonts feel this is a representation but I've been groaned as if I'm saying something new or different. It's cool. I appreciate the discussion ;)

BISH_IM_ME

So Serious
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,915 121 87
Alleybux

gay/white men-women
gay/black men-women
a few other races

WOKE

Sweet_chic

Feyd Rautha's Side Chick
Reaction score
Reactions
197,396 3,671 1,155
Alleybux

Yea OP....

I understand what the intent was of this cover, and I agree, it's a beautiful painting, and the whole cover is supposed to be empowering, but something about it rubbed me the wrong way when I saw it.

I felt bad because it was only her and her (I'm assuming?) son (little boy) there at the front lines fighting in the BLM battle. :(

Why aren't bm at the forefront? I know BLM was started by a BW, and that's all fine and dandy, but they need more BM to be seen as the "face" of this movement.

I feel like bw are the ones doing the most "fighting" and getting the most airtime. Maybe they feel the general public will feel more sympathy if they see a woman pleading at the forefront? Idk...

But idk... Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. I would have been perfectly fine if a bm had been standing right alongside her.

minidasha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
85,881 3,156 435
Alleybux
Girl. These artists are doing just that.

You’re missing the point.

When marketing executives want to show an attractive black woman or a black family, it’s a mixed or light skinned woman. When it’s showing us taking on a mans role, fighting on the front lines, it’s a darskinned black woman. On her own.

It’s repulsive.

true. in the music business, jewish executives tell black rappers not to feature dark black women. in sports, black athletes are told not marry dark black women.

you will never see jewish men disrespect their women systematically and destroy their families.

minidasha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
85,881 3,156 435
Alleybux
Your being accused of being a white supremacist because as a black woman, you are not willing to carry, protect and defend the black male by yourself. You have questions and there are those that don’t want you to question/analyze this cover. No other race of women are put in this position. However, black women must stop this desperate need for validity from the black male.

The black woman's desperate need to be seen, heard and validated has led many to sacrifice themselves. When the dust settles after these protests, and elections, many black women wind up tired, feeling used, dejected/rejected and trying hard to understand why some of the so-called-allies are progressing/being heard and seen, and the black woman is culturally regressing..going backwards. It’s happening more frequently.

This cover represents the very worst depiction of the ride-or-die black female. She’s stomp-walking, angry and isn’t clearly focused or looking straight ahead to determine what’s in front of her, where she is going or what she’s walking towards. This is called, walking blind.

Black women that oppose this cover reject the propaganda heaped on black women to fight like men to protect a community of males that do not protect us, their offspring or themselves. Black women that refuse this propaganda will be verbally harassed, and accused of not being a black woman in order to suppress our voices.

Black men, white women and the lgbtqhijklmnop cannot effectively play the victim role with desertion and dissenters in their ranks. Now you see how black women are treated if we do not openly go against our own best interest and allow others to stand on our backs.

source.gif

Sweet_chic

Feyd Rautha's Side Chick
Reaction score
Reactions
197,396 3,671 1,155
Alleybux
true. in the music business, jewish executives tell black rappers not to feature dark black women. in sports, black athletes are told not marry dark black women.

you will never see jewish men disrespect their women systematically and destroy their families.
I'm sorry but smthg needs to be done about this. Why are these Jewish men dictating who they can feature in their music videos or who they want to date or marry? :confused: That's just weird to me. I'll be dead before I let anyone work-related dictate who I'm going to marry. :arrogant

Perhaps the biggest question of all...why do these rappers and music artists LISTEN to them?? You have what that need! Without talent to sign on,they're screwed.

Idk why this became the new "in thing", cuz when you look at music videos from back in the day,you'll see bw (even dark skinned bw) featured. Who changed that?? :confused:

BrwnSknBeauty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,589 5,490 3,703
Alleybux
Agree.

Having both, a man and a woman, with wedding rings along with their childrenwouldhave been excellent.

Disgusting. They don't show a black woman and man hand in hand fighting for their rights together. Even white people know that black women are the face of the movement. It's really black women fighting for black lives. Black men are fighting for the lives of black men.

just coco

immune to the gaslighting
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
126,115 3,810 4,298
Alleybux
bump......and yes i am still pissed off about this cover.........i blame the handmaidens for this bµllsh!t......