The Official Amber Martin Thread

Reactions
62,158 1,052 147
Alleybux

Akarian is the SIS w the style I see!! And the shoes Amber wore for the night were trash. I wore those shoes in hs for dress-up days LOL. I hate bringing back old fashions.

Last edited:
Reactions
17,684 280 16
Alleybux
hmm interesting. I barely noticed, I don’t watch her often enough. Why would that be?
Click the spoiler. It's just a basic, veryyy short summarization.

A few of the fonts believe that Amber likes to be the token black friend/girl out of the group. She has shown some of her black friends/associates in the past, but they weren't around her for long. She seems to hang around only white ppl.

This isn't my opinion, btw. Just a summarization of what I remember. There's not much tea on that topic... but if you want to, just type the word "black", and choose "this thread". I'm sure you will find something (hopefully)

Last edited:
Everlasting Abundance
Reactions
34,885 974 719
Alleybux
Click the spoiler. It's just a basic, veryyy short summarization.

A few of the fonts believe that Amber likes to be the token black friend/girl out of the group. She has shown some of her black friends/associates in the past but they weren't around her for long. She seems to hang around only white ppl. This isn't my opinion, btw.
Yes, that was my first guess even though I never understood the logic behind it. I don’t understand how it benefits black people who do that.

Now that I think about it, I’ve seen this behavior with white girls too.
Like they want to be the only blonde girl in the group... special snowflake things I guess

Reactions
224 33 1
Alleybux
It’s crazy I created this thread and I don’t post here like that anymore but nursing school has took over but anyway, my speculation on the DB less on camera thing is one of these subscribers jump in hb dms and that’s my take on it.

'I'm only taking what the man wants me to have.'
Reactions
86,549 3,546 3,328
Alleybux
I get it. Amber enjoys being the big fish in a small pond. That's why she doesn't have black friends. She likes being the black hottie. That's why she lives back home and does the same ish every day.

Sad to see because she has the looks and figure that is celebrated in any part of the US.

But she is so damn country. That birthday fit was atrocious. She couldn't even help her little sister do better dressing like her grandmother.

I feel like Akarian is going to be the sister that leaves that small town and makes it big. Her fit was slaying.

Anyway, I don't know why I keep watching her thinking it will finally pop. She does my head in.

Reactions
126,536 8,289 14,824
Alleybux
I get it. Amber enjoys being the big fish in a small pond. That's why she doesn't have black friends. She likes being the black hottie. That's why she lives back home and does the same ish every day.

Sad to see because she has the looks and figure that is celebrated in any part of the US.

But she is so damn country. That birthday fit was atrocious. She couldn't even help her little sister do better dressing like her grandmother.

I feel like Akarian is going to be the sister that leaves that small town and makes it big. Her fit was slaying.

Anyway, I don't know why I keep watching her thinking it will finally pop. She does my head in.
I don’t understand comments like this. Being in a big city is no better than being in a small town/country or vice versa. And people should wear what they like and are comfortable in. Nitpicking for no reason.

Reactions
10,611 222 22
Alleybux
I don’t understand comments like this. Being in a big city is no better than being in a small town/country or vice versa. And people should wear what they like and are comfortable in. Nitpicking for no reason.
i think they were trying to say that she would develop more or try something new if she were to live somewhere else instead of being so complacent . there’s nothing wrong with being yourself and doing what you’re comfortable with but i do know that environmental factors can change how someone thinks, dress, feel etc.

Reactions
126,536 8,289 14,824
Alleybux
i think they were trying to say that she would develop more or try something new if she were to live somewhere else instead of being so complacent . there’s nothing wrong with being yourself and doing what you’re comfortable with but i do know that environmental factors can change how someone thinks, dress, feel etc.

Amber has lived in New York City for over a year and decided to leave, clearly the city is not something she’s interested in and that should be ok. She wasn’t talking about that though.

She was talking about the girl’s clothes. She claimed akirian’s ill fitted button up shirt and skinny jeans with pointy sandals was slaying (which imo it wasn’t) but if that’s her style and what she likes to wear then so be it. If Amber wants to wear jeans and a cropped tshirt on her birthday, then so be it.

She also positioned the city as better and talked down on the country. One is not better than the other like she claimed. If she meant different she wouldn’t have talked down on it. And this is coming from a city font.

Reactions
401 18 6
Alleybux
I think if her and DB weren't together she would've moved to a different city.. maybe not NYC but maybe Miami with her friend Jay. DB seems content to be there and Amber seems to battle in between freedom but also loving her family and spending time with them (from watching her college vlogs).

I don't think she has many friends in general (in reference to her being the token black girl) sometimes the card just might seem to fall that way. For me personally I had a lot of white and hispanic friends in middle school on a few black, not because I didn't want them, but because they were cliqued up and I wasn't black enough for them or because I didn't find the things they were doing exciting. She hung out with black people in college and whenever she moved home I remember that she hung out with a few people. I don't think she's the type to really post a lot of her friends on her social media to prove that she has friends (I only watch her youtube so I'm not sure who/ what she posts on other sm accounts). People tend to ask for Hannah a lot and whenever they asked for a few of her other college friends she would put them on camera sometimes. I think who she shows depends on how comfortable they are on camera and how much her audience likes them. She tends to show her guy cousins more than Brittany (I think at one point Brittany didn't want to be on camera when she was pregnant with her second child).

Reactions
126,536 8,289 14,824
Alleybux
I think if her and DB weren't together she would've moved to a different city.. maybe not NYC but maybe Miami with her friend Jay.
Tbh, I don’t think her and that girl are even that close. It seems like she just call her best friend bc they used to be. They probably only see each other once or twice per year. And maybe talk once per month if that.

I’ve had “friendships” like that when I was younger. It’s ok to grow apart instead of living on what used to be.

I think Amber is home bc she wants to be. If she wanted to move elsewhere, she wouldn’t have been dating Donovan long distance in the beginning and most likely would’ve been left. She never seemed like she liked him that much most of the time anyway. I honestly believe they are not together now and she’s single.

Not sure about the race thing, but it is weird that her so called best friends are both white and her Black friends are mostly her relatives.

Last edited:
Reactions
455 1
Alleybux
Tbh, I don’t think her and that girl are even that close. It seems like she just call her best friend bc they used to be. They probably only see each other once or twice per year. And maybe talk once per month if that.

I’ve had “friendships” like that when I was younger. It’s ok to grow apart instead of living on what used to be.

I think Amber is home bc she wants to be. If she wanted to move elsewhere, she wouldn’t have been dating Donovan long distance in the beginning and most likely would’ve been left. It nene er seemed like she liked him that much most of the time anyway. I honestly believe they are not together now and she’s single.

Not sure about the race thing, but it is weird that her so called best friends are both white and her Black friends are mostly her relatives.
So what about the last few vlogs at his house? They still cool enough for him to have her over there packing, cooking and filming? They even went shopping together.

I’m leaning more towards the fact that a while back people were going IN on how she treats him in the videos. So based off that she may have decided it’s best to keep their relationship off sm. Just a guess.

Also as someone who has been in a long term relationship, sometimes one person in the relationship goes through a drastic’growth’ spurt and the relationship dynamic changes. Then you have to decide, grow together or grow apart.

Reactions
17,684 280 16
Alleybux
I could be reaching, but I think DB & Amber are together now... But, I do think that they had taken a break at some point, based off of them unfollowing one another on Twitter.

They were still following each other on IG, but DB doesn't really use IG like that. Idk about that part tbh.

I think that they haven't refollowed each other on Twitter bc it would be obvious that something went down to cause them to unfollow one another in the first place.

The same reason that I think (emphasis on think) that she isn't showing him in her videos, is the same reason I think they haven't refollowed each other...

I feel like she is keeping the same routine going as to when they were on a supposed break, bc she knows it would be suspicious to just pop back into the older routine of filming (not saying she owes anyone an explanation).

I feel like she will slowly introduce him back into being in the videos, which is why I believe she started out with his voice in the background and so on.

This is just what I think. I'm not Miss Cleo

Reactions
126,536 8,289 14,824
Alleybux
So what about the last few vlogs at his house? They still cool enough for him to have her over there packing, cooking and filming? They even went shopping together.

I’m leaning more towards the fact that a while back people were going IN on how she treats him in the videos. So based off that she may have decided it’s best to keep their relationship off sm. Just a guess.

Also as someone who has been in a long term relationship, sometimes one person in the relationship goes through a drastic’growth’ spurt and the relationship dynamic changes. Then you have to decide, grow together or grow apart.

I could be reaching, but I think DB & Amber are together now... But, I do think that they had taken a break at some point, based off of them unfollowing one another on Twitter.

They were still following each other on IG, but DB doesn't really use IG like that. Idk about that part tbh.

I think that they haven't refollowed each other on Twitter bc it would be obvious that something went down to cause them to unfollow one another in the first place.

The same reason that I think (emphasis on think) that she isn't showing him in her videos, is the same reason I think they haven't refollowed each other...

I feel like she is keeping the same routine going as to when they were on a supposed break, bc she knows it would be suspicious to just pop back into the older routine of filming (not saying she owes anyone an explanation).

I feel like she will slowly introduce him back into being in the videos, which is why I believe she started out with his voice in the background and so on.

This is just what I think. I'm not Miss Cleo
Something definitely happened bc she moved all the way back into her mothers house and lied about why.

I believe if they are actually together now, she is only doing it to save face. She never really seemed to like Donovan that much anyway, he always seemed more into her. I don’t see them getting married

Reactions
455 1
Alleybux
Something definitely happened bc she moved all the way back into her mothers house and lied about why.

I believe if they are actually together now, she is only doing it to save face. She never really seemed to like Donovan that much anyway, he always seemed more into her. I don’t see them getting married
I agree!!

Reactions
401 18 6
Alleybux

I think Amber is home bc she wants to be. If she wanted to move elsewhere, she wouldn’t have been dating Donovan long distance in the beginning and most likely would’ve been left. She never seemed like she liked him that much most of the time anyway. I honestly believe they are not together now and she’s single.

At one point she seemed to visit Jay a lot. Honestly we're all just making speculations at this point lol we have no clue who she talks to and doesn't. She's always been very private even friend wise. She only tends to show her family which I'm fine with.

I understand why you think she wants to be home a lot. I see her feeling both ways. I just remember during her college days it seemed as if she wanted more out life sometimes but she loved her family and would get home sick sometimes. When they first started dating I always thought he liked her more but honestly their whole family don't seem super affectionate. If they weren't together I feel like she wouldn't keep recording in his house that would be kind of odd.

I don't think it's odd that her best friends are white. There's a lot of people who were raised around a lot of white people so that's all they ever know. I don't think that's her case but sometimes you clique with people better and race has nothing to do with it. For me personally I like to have a good mixture of friends regarding race, personalities, goals, etc. The only time I would find it odd is if she never gave black people a chance to be friends with her, but I don't think that's the case simply because she has hung out with them on camera in the past.

She doesn't show a lot of her life which is fine and I'm sure after college and the pandemic slowed down her social life. I know that people don't always stay close and at least one solid person in her life is Hannah. There was a point when she never spoke about her on her channel and people thought that they were no longer friends.

With a French billionaire, sipping Dom Pérignon.
Reactions
7,422 9
Alleybux
At one point she seemed to visit Jay a lot. Honestly we're all just making speculations at this point lol we have no clue who she talks to and doesn't. She's always been very private even friend wise. She only tends to show her family which I'm fine with.

I understand why you think she wants to be home a lot. I see her feeling both ways. I just remember during her college days it seemed as if she wanted more out life sometimes but she loved her family and would get home sick sometimes. When they first started dating I always thought he liked her more but honestly their whole family don't seem super affectionate. If they weren't together I feel like she wouldn't keep recording in his house that would be kind of odd.

I don't think it's odd that her best friends are white. There's a lot of people who were raised around a lot of white people so that's all they ever know. I don't think that's her case but sometimes you clique with people better and race has nothing to do with it. For me personally I like to have a good mixture of friends regarding race, personalities, goals, etc. The only time I would find it odd is if she never gave black people a chance to be friends with her, but I don't think that's the case simply because she has hung out with them on camera in the past.

She doesn't show a lot of her life which is fine and I'm sure after college and the pandemic slowed down her social life. I know that people don't always stay close and at least one solid person in her life is Hannah. There was a point when she never spoke about her on her channel and people thought that they were no longer friends.
In one of her recent vlogs she said that her & Jay FaceTime/talk on the phone every day. Amber just seems like a private person, I’m pretty sure if her subs begged to see Jay like they did Hannah, Jay would’ve made an appearance

Reactions
229 2
Alleybux

Akarian is the SIS w the style I see!! And the shoes Amber wore for the night were trash. I wore those shoes in hs for dress-up days LOL. I hate bringing back old fashions.
Yes she is definitely the best dressed sister. And her shape is so nice.the other two always getting on the way thier mom dresses but they need a make over.

'I'm only taking what the man wants me to have.'
Reactions
86,549 3,546 3,328
Alleybux
I don't get the font defending Amber's complacency. In the years post college she has shown little to no growth. Her hair, makeup, clothes, vlogs, lifestyle is still the same.

There is routine and there is a rut. Moving from her Mom to DB didn't shake things up. She won't marry him but is comfortable in his house.

Amber was a whole lot better in college than she is now. Sorry but she has regressed.

Reactions
802 5 8
Alleybux
In one of her recent vlogs she said that her & Jay FaceTime/talk on the phone every day. Amber just seems like a private person, I’m pretty sure if her subs begged to see Jay like they did Hannah, Jay would’ve made an appearance

Yeah but ppl were asking for years before Hannah was shown... Aint nobody got time. At this point most of her subscribers are in their late 20s and nothing in her life has changed. I'm not saying she has to have kids or get married or buy a home, but like there is no growth since she graduated like 5 years ago. I mean her wardrobe ain't even change. She still wearing ONLY crop tops and sneakers. We just now getting new hairstyles (where she cut only her weave a few inches lol) and new nail colors. It is stagnant.

Reactions
401 18 6
Alleybux

When did she move back to her mom's house and lie?

Reactions
11,368 101 6
Alleybux
I feel like y’all be dragging it about how Amber dresses lol. Her hair and makeup was bomb in college which would make since as to why she still has it the same way now, she never looked busted.

She graduated college and got a job just like any regular girl. I feel like because we don’t see her doing her “job” and she’s not as personable it seems like she didn’t grow, but we really don’t know her like that.

I did like when Amber was in Miami tho. Her and jay were nice together.

Trending Threads

The Culture

Television Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Rihanna's Face is Top Tier
She's gorgeous & the color of her eyes gives the umph
SWV vs. XSCAPE VERZUZ BATTLE | May 8th, 2021
I think you and others are missing the point. First off Versuz ISN'T a live concert offering. Second, features were fine if a member of the GROUP...
The Armie Hammer Discussion/Tea Thread
No one confirmed ANYTHING in this case. Girl, bye. You're going on ignore. If people ask of something is comfirmed, than that's what they are...
Ma'khia Bryant's family tell their story of what happened before the shooting
Because the grandmother is clearly a better caretaker for those kids than their mother, fonts are trying to elevate her to saint hood. I don’t...
RHOA Kenya and Brooklyn cover Alpha Magazine!
Brooklyn is too cute and already is such a good kid. Kenya is a great mom Must be Porsha stans groaning you :disdain
Is Anyone Else Burnt Out On Black Trauma TV Shows And Movies?
I’m waiting on movies like Lord of the Rings for black folks or black folks battling aliens in outer space. Anything that doesn’t remind me of the...
How can black businesses improve?
Learn at least the damn basics of customer service!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with having professional payment methods. Im not cashapping or zelle-ing...
The authorities may have found the killer of Jon benet
I have to find it, but I remember an article stating that her area was not intact like it should have been at her young age. I did find this...
Top Bottom