Alleybux

Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,039 19,673 18,910
Alleybux

Looove this lol.

I think this caption is from an interview (which AJ posted to his Snap recently) of Umar Johnson explaining that being a leader/mentor is not just about pouring money into the community. It’s about SHOWING UP in the flesh and genuinely giving a part of yourself in order to positively affect/influence the lives young people that truly matters. I’m sure it comes natural to AJ to feel so connected to that role, being that he was a bit misguided in his youth himself and taken under the wing of coaches in the boxing gym who took a personal interest in mentoring, disciplining and setting him on the right path which ultimately changed his life. AJ most probably wouldn’t be the man that he is today were it not for men like Sean at Finchley ABC and Coach McCracken. So I’m sure that once AJ retires from the sport, taking on an even larger role of guiding the next generation of young fighters will be a major priority to him and something that will bring him a lot of satisfaction and joy. Love.:heart:

I didin't know AJ followed Umar Johnson. I guess Umar goes viral so it's hard not to know who he is. Who is Sean?

Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,039 19,673 18,910
Alleybux
^^^ Every word of this.

Boxing is so unimaginably HARD both mentally and physically that I respect any human being who has the courage to lace up a pair of boxing gloves and step inside of a ring. But as you mentioned, Wilder’s been content for so long with doing the bare minimum and getting away with it. So now that the time has come when the bare minimum isn’t nearly good enough where does that leave him?

Professional boxing is a craft where you can’t fake it against the top dogs in the division...if the ring IQ and skill set isn’t at an elite level, at some point you will be exposed. And Wilder learned that the hard way on February 22, so again where does he go from here? How does Wilder mentally recondition and physically refashion/rebuild his entire fight game from the ground up at age 35 with over 40 fights under his belt?

I’m not saying that it’s impossible, I mean anything’s possible...but it’s a pretty TALL order...and in Wilder refusing to see the rematch with Fury through he’s shown the world that he just doesn’t have it in him. Which is a shame for his fan base, because as you said, he was pretty much all they had. But who knows what the future holds.

Right, some people say the Nigerian Eja is like a Wilder but we get to see him developing unlike Wilder who didn't have his fights on TV apparently back then. Oh yeah, there's a heavyweight I think Michel Coffee he' kinda old so he needs to push to see if he can get a title bout. He got into boxing late. He went viral for a KO I'm sure I posted some weeks ago.

SAAH

⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
2,227 62 23
Alleybux

Looks like everyone’s hunch, including yours Mik, was correct about Saudi lol.

I saw a couple of IG posts yesterday stating definitively that Joshua and Fury’s camps had come to an agreement...so this must be what those posts were eluding to. This fight is going to be HUGE, I’m sooo excited...but most of all I’m thrilled for my Champ. Undisputed is everything that AJ’s been wanting and working toward for a very long time. And I can’t wait to see him hold that WBC strap in the air. :heart:

SAAH

⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
2,227 62 23
Alleybux
I didin't know AJ followed Umar Johnson. I guess Umar goes viral so it's hard not to know who he is. Who is Sean?
I wasn’t aware that AJ knew of Dr. Umar Johnson either, but as you mentioned Johnson’s pretty popular as he has some very radical and controversial views that definitely go viral quite a bit. I don’t agree with everything that Johnson says lol, but what he stated in the interview AJ posted about giving of oneself to the community and not simply writing a check is spot on.

The Sean I referred to in my comment is Sean Murphy, AJ’s first boxing coach at Finchley ABC, which is the boxing gym that AJ still trains in on a daily basis. When he officially goes into training camp, he trains at the Olympic training center in Sheffield, I think...but day-in and day-out he’s at Finchley ABC with his DAY ONE’s. You know AJ, it seems to matter to him none that he’s a whole global superstar lol. He keeps it simple, grassroots and is very true/loyal to his people and his process.

That’s just who he is. And I hope he always stays that way...it’s one of the things I most love and admire about him.

Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,039 19,673 18,910
Alleybux
Looks like everyone’s hunch, including yours Mik, was correct about Saudi lol.

I saw a couple of IG posts yesterday stating definitively that Joshua and Fury’s camps had come to an agreement...so this must be what those posts were eluding to. This fight is going to be HUGE, I’m sooo excited...but most of all I’m thrilled for my Champ. Undisputed is everything that AJ’s been wanting and working toward for a very long time. And I can’t wait to see him hold that WBC strap in the air. :heart:

It's going to be Epic.

SAAH

⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
2,227 62 23
Alleybux

About to watch this now.

I haven’t seen footage of this boy in the gym on any sort of consistent basis for a very long time so I’m going to savor every moment and every inch of this (shirtless) 8 minute interview...:weary_face::joy:.

Seriously I’m DUMB sleepy, my mom held me hostage all day helping her out in her lil dusty garden, so I’m about to pass smooth the hell out and will respond to the rest of your posts tomorrow lol.

SAAH

⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
2,227 62 23
Alleybux

But tell me why this boy was stretched out on the canvas for half of this damn interview on some “I’m not about to stop what I’m doing for your little Q & A sesh, you can hear what tf I’m saying” :joy:. Looking like little Joe Joshua who’s forever mood since a baby has been “if my dad don’t stop playing and get that camera phone all the way up out my face” lmao. I swear that little boy JJ was born into this world completely and utterly OVER IT...and AJ looked sooo over it in this video as well, and it was the funniest thing ever lol.

My biggest takeaway from this interview is that AJ has zero interest in talking about what he’s going to do inside of the ring any longer...and of even less importance to him is what kind of foolishness his competition is spewing. These days AJ seems to be on his “sign the contract or shut tf up” flex...and doesn’t have time for all the extra...and that’s it and that’s all. I have to say that it’s really satisfying watching AJ come into his own in this second half of his career. He spent the first decade doing the hard work of solidifying his position/establishing himself in this fight game, and now everything is pretty much on cruise control. The other positive to his maturation as a man and as an athlete is that AJ’s finally comfortable enough to know that at this point in his journey he can fully be himself free from stress, fear or worry. He’s earned his stripes and earned the right to speak his mind and to carry himself as he chooses PERIOD, and he deserves to be in this headspace...and I’m so happy that he is.

At the end of the day AJ’s mantra in the sport moving forward is that all he cares about is SECURING THE WIN, and anything else is simply a waste of his time. That’s the frequency, the vibration and the vibe lol. And I love it.

Last edited:

SAAH

⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
2,227 62 23
Alleybux

I would like to see Wilder continue on in the sport, because I’m high-key still holding out hope that he and Joshua will have their CLASH lol. But what’s the move for Wilder though? What’s the way forward? I honestly can’t even imagine.

This guy has a TON of grueling work to do both mentally and physically if he’s serious about making this happen. The question is can he do it. I guess we’ll see.

Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,039 19,673 18,910
Alleybux
I would like to see Wilder continue on in the sport, because I’m high-key still holding out hope that he and Joshua will have their CLASH lol. But what’s the move for Wilder though? What’s the way forward? I honestly can’t even imagine.

This guy has a TON of grueling work to do both mentally and physically if he’s serious about making this happen. The question is can he do it. I guess we’ll see.
You will know he's serious if he changes his team or add in some serious people. until he does that he's not changing.

SAAH

⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
2,227 62 23
Alleybux
it doesn't sound like you will have to wait another year.
Yes indeed lol! Looks like the Undisputed bout is going to happen in 2021. And it should happen, it needs to happen...this is the fight the whole world is waiting for. So I couldn’t be more thrilled that everything’s coming together as planned. And of course I’m most happy for my Champion. :heart: