Quantcast

The Official Wrestling Discussion Thread 17.0

BotswanaB

I'm not African
Reaction score
Reactions
82,249 2,495 911
Alleybux
I remember that lol but that’s not Cody’s situation. This is more so the YES movement if anything.
We shall see how it goes with Cody. He seems like a nice guy, but (IMO) he doesn't have the It Factor to be a top babyface. At least Daniel Bryan had that "Yes" chant, Cody's "What do you want to talk about" catch-phrase ain't really catchy.

CokeChanel

BK born. Trini raised.
Reaction score
Reactions
328,721 11,681 2,889
Alleybux
We shall see how it goes with Cody. He seems like a nice guy, but (IMO) he doesn't have the It Factor to be a top babyface. At least Daniel Bryan had that "Yes" chant, Cody's "What do you want to talk about" catch-phrase ain't really catchy.
The man had an entire stadium singing his theme song. Main stream media is covering him talking about him being screwed, he’s the top trend on Twitter, he’s sold out merch since he returned and still remains in the top 5 highest merch sellers. I personally think y’all just don’t like Cody to be lying. Roman can’t stay champion forever and if it’s not Cody then who is it? Rock?

(Not coming at you be just in general).

Last edited:

rhjunkie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,135 865 625
Alleybux

Yeah, I saw Cody trending since after SmackDown and it's still going. I wonder if they're going to even try to fix this and then pretend like it was the plan all along, lol. But I don't know how they make sense of Cody saying that he's not gonna go after Roman at WM. If they try to correct this, seems like they're just gonna have to implicitly ask for some grace from fans and for everyone to just pretend that Cody's promo never happened except for the part where he said he's going after Roman's title, lol.

CokeChanel

BK born. Trini raised.
Reaction score
Reactions
328,721 11,681 2,889
Alleybux
Yeah, I saw Cody trending since after SmackDown and it's still going. I wonder if they're going to even try to fix this and then pretend like it was the plan all along, lol. But I don't know how they make sense of Cody saying that he's not gonna go after Roman at WM. If they try to correct this, seems like they're just gonna have to implicitly ask for some grace from fans and for everyone to just pretend that Cody's promo never happened except for the part where he said he's going after Roman's title, lol.
It’s all confusing and annoying asf having Cody look like Rock’s b!tch. All that build and for what??

S.O.L

Sensational Cheverly
Reaction score
Reactions
119,534 2,736 650
Alleybux
Really? I heard a bunch of other people using it.
I think Cody has a lot of fans but some intensity is missing. Hmm, that might be my feeling about wrestling in general right now tho.

BotswanaB

I'm not African
Reaction score
Reactions
82,249 2,495 911
Alleybux
Really? I heard a bunch of other people using it.
I think Cody has a lot of fans but some intensity is missing. Hmm, that might be my feeling about wrestling in general right now tho.
If it's been happening, I have not heard it.

I'll just leave Cody to his fans. :peace

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,900 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
He carried his feud with both Brock and Seth. Roman as well when his ass was sitting at home doing nothing but hiding in his closet making TikTok’s chile..:(
Disagree on all 3, especially the Roman feud. Paul and Roman carried him. He didn't look like he belonged in the ring with Roman.

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
Ya'll should check out the Busted Open coverage of this where Mark Henry talks about it and he's friends with The Rock IRL. Personally I think this is an angle everyone is working out - but Mark flat out says this was not the right way to do this, and they have some people at the arena call in, and the heat/anger was much worse than what came off on tv.

If St. Louis was this bad, all 3 agreed that Philadelphia is going to be much worse. Those fans are going to brutalize The Rock, they may even cheer Roman, if they keep going this way.
I don't think the problem is the match.

I think the problem is the timing of this is terrible. Fans are feeling like Cody got screwed by the system, which never works out in WWE.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,719 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
Ya'll should check out the Busted Open coverage of this where Mark Henry talks about it and he's friends with The Rock IRL. Personally I think this is an angle everyone is working out - but Mark flat out says this was not the right way to do this, and they have some people at the arena call in, and the heat/anger was much worse than what came off on tv.

If St. Louis was this bad, all 3 agreed that Philadelphia is going to be much worse. Those fans are going to brutalize The Rock, they may even cheer Roman, if they keep going this way.
I don't think the problem is the match.

I think the problem is the timing of this is terrible. Fans are feeling like Cody got screwed by the system, which never works out in WWE.
Yeah its the timing BUT I don't think Rock will back out. He knows that Philly is a smarky crowd and Rock has always been good with playing the crowds. He turned heel in his match with Hogan.

CokeChanel

BK born. Trini raised.
Reaction score
Reactions
328,721 11,681 2,889
Alleybux
Yeah its the timing BUT I don't think Rock will back out. He knows that Philly is a smarky crowd and Rock has always been good with playing the crowds. He turned heel in his match with Hogan.
It’s not about Him being heel or face. The crowd will sh!t on that match and that is the problem. You keep talking about heel but he’s not a full time wrestler so it literally doesn’t matter what he is. This is a one off match. A once in a life time match. That only has a three month build up….

Also, if Philly is anything like the RR 2015 (which drove Rock away from WWE for a while because he was pissed) the whole thing will be one big flop and it could also affect Roman’s future in the company.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,719 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
It’s not about Him being heel or face. The crowd will sh!t on that match and that is the problem. You keep talking about heel but he’s not a full time wrestler so it literally doesn’t matter what he is. This is a one off match. A once in a life time match. That only has a three month build up….

Also, if Philly is anything like the RR 2015 (which drove Rock away from WWE for a while because he was pissed) the whole thing will be one big flop and it could also affect Roman’s future in the company.
Well Rock doesn't seem to care if he gets booed. He's doing the match and myself and million others will be watching and enjoying it lol.

DayDreamer30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,586 663 4
Alleybux
Well Rock doesn't seem to care if he gets booed. He's doing the match and myself and million others will be watching and enjoying it lol.
He ain't always trustworthy but Meltzer flat out recently said Rock doesn't care whether folks are cheering or booing him, he's doing the match.

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
I don't think he's going to back out. But I think he's fµcked in terms of crowd reaction and now it's going to be a heel Rock vs a Roman who fans might cheer out of spite.

Over 500,000 dislikes on one video, breaking the all time record. That's not just troll/bots that's one person per account per dislike. 500,000 people hit dislike.

It's amazing to me because he's one of the all time greats. And we dont' need Meltzer to tell us anything frankly - Rock worked heel happily against Hogan in Toronto - I think he'll figure something out but I DON'T think he expected everyone to start booing him like this. I think he expected to remain beloved with fan sympathy for Cody too.

Why else would Cody be shown to look conflicted and miserable before and after the segment? Otherwise I think they would have told him, go out there, smile and as hard as you can and cheer the fans on to support the Rock, not look dejected.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,719 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
I don't think he's going to back out. But I think he's fµcked in terms of crowd reaction and now it's going to be a heel Rock vs a Roman who fans might cheer out of spite.

Over 500,000 dislikes on one video, breaking the all time record. That's not just troll/bots that's one person per account per dislike. 500,000 people hit dislike.

It's amazing to me because he's one of the all time greats. And we dont' need Meltzer to tell us anything frankly - Rock worked heel happily against Hogan in Toronto - I think he'll figure something out but I DON'T think he expected everyone to start booing him like this. I think he expected to remain beloved with fan sympathy for Cody too.

Why else would Cody be shown to look conflicted and miserable before and after the segment? Otherwise I think they would have told him, go out there, smile and as hard as you can and cheer the fans on to support the Rock, not look dejected.
I guess we have to see if the fans will boo him at the press conference and how he will react to it!

besofr

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
1,976 42 3
Alleybux
It would be worse than if the crowd dead silent but the Philly crowd never is. I’m really interested to see how this will go. And the E or Rock doesn’t care long as the money is still rolling in so

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
Roman looked like Rock's sidekick there, he not gonna take that
I'm sure that's intentional. The downfall of the bloodline is going to be a feud between Rock and Roman. Roman turns into a little kid when Rock is around, Rock naturally falls into this boss demeanor, he's on the board, he's the bigger international star, he's the most well known with the greatest legacy (despite the length of Roman's reign).

Paul Heyman, Jimmy and Solo are going to mess up one day backstage and look to Rock when Roman tells them what to do. Reigns will be pissed.

The press conference was a great piece of business. Would love to see what the group texts have been like between Cody/Rock/Roman this entire time.

Cody is close with Rock's family and Rock has always given him props on twitter. He gets along with Roman, Jimmy and Jey and of course is not going to say so out of storyline. There's a great clip of Cody hugging Rock's mom in a dark match where she came to the show after he redebuted. All of this had to be hilarious, planning the leaks to the dirt sheets, working the fans, meanwhile I think most of this was planned. Maybe they didn't expect such a strong reaction, but I think they planned most of this together.

CokeChanel

BK born. Trini raised.
Reaction score
Reactions
328,721 11,681 2,889
Alleybux
I'm sure that's intentional. The downfall of the bloodline is going to be a feud between Rock and Roman. Roman turns into a little kid when Rock is around, Rock naturally falls into this boss demeanor, he's on the board, he's the bigger international star, he's the most well known with the greatest legacy (despite the length of Roman's reign).

Paul Heyman, Jimmy and Solo are going to mess up one day backstage and look to Rock when Roman tells them what to do. Reigns will be pissed.

The press conference was a great piece of business. Would love to see what the group texts have been like between Cody/Rock/Roman this entire time.

Cody is close with Rock's family and Rock has always given him props on twitter. He gets along with Roman, Jimmy and Jey and of course is not going to say so out of storyline. There's a great clip of Cody hugging Rock's mom in a dark match where she came to the show after he redebuted. All of this had to be hilarious, planning the leaks to the dirt sheets, working the fans, meanwhile I think most of this was planned. Maybe they didn't expect such a strong reaction, but I think they planned most of this together.
Really? Cause the airheads in this forum make it seem like they all hate his ass lol.

SexyDani

Don't cha know no good, you betta!!
Reaction score
Reactions
1,082 161 99
Alleybux
Cody is BEYOND OVERRATED. Hell even with a name like that I can't take him seriously.

Attachments

• stewie.gif
    stewie.gif
    358.8 KB · Views: 7

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,719 4,765 1,968
Alleybux
Cody is BEYOND OVERRATED. Hell even with a name like that I can't take him seriously.
His desperation of wanting to be the face of the company turns me off. I get wanting to be on the top but there’s a sense of entitlement there and no one in 2024 is bigger than the brand WWE unless you are Rock, Austin or Hogan.

bluetoothpaste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,593 624 561
Alleybux
His desperation of wanting to be the face of the company turns me off. I get wanting to be on the top but there’s a sense of entitlement there and no one in 2024 is bigger than the brand WWE unless you are Rock, Austin or Hogan.
He's been outselling the brand for 6 months tho...