The Onion’s Guide To Critical Race Theory

Andre1984

moaning in potato raisin ecstasy
Reaction score
Reactions
340,856 37,804 8,926
Alleybux
Q: What is critical race theory?
A: An academic concept that racism is a social construct embedded into legal systems, government policies, and in-laws.

Q: Should critical race theory be taught in our schools?
A: Not unless we’re aiming for fewer white supremacists.

Q: Won’t teaching it just make other kids hate my white children?
A: Your kids are already insufferable and widely despised.

Q: Why do some people condemn critical race theory?
A: Misplaced xesual frustrations.

Q: Does critical race theory instill the belief that all white people are racist?
A: Academics are way too timid to pull off something like that.

Q: Why are conservatives attacking it so aggressively?
A: They have come to view Joe Biden as too nonthreatening of a target.

Q: Is it true that critical race theory opposes empiricism and embraces science as a causal mechanism?
A: You’re thinking of critical realism theory, moron.

Q: Will incorporating critical race theory into education curriculums lead to a less racist society?
A: Probably not, but might as well mix it up a bit in history class.

Andre1984

Reaction score
Reactions
340,856 37,804 8,926
Alleybux
Not me getting a PragerU advert in this thread...

Screenshot_2021-06-13-08-44-32-1.png

Oh and the PragerU expert on Critical Race Theory....

Is a mathematician...

And massage therapist...

Ms Vandross

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,555 15,255 8,202
Alleybux
Q: What is critical race theory?
A: An academic concept that racism is a social construct embedded into legal systems, government policies, and in-laws.
Exactly! It’s an academic discourse and it should stay in academia. We don’t teach children Foucault because we understand it’s too complex for children or mainstream circles, so why are we teaching them critical race theory which is even more complex? Critical Race Theory is something that should be taught to undergrad students studying law or a social science, not kindergartens.

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,721 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
Exactly! It’s an academic discourse and it should stay in academia. We don’t teach children Foucault because we understand it’s too complex for children or mainstream circles, so why are we teaching them critical race theory which is even more complex? Critical Race Theory is something that should be taught to undergrad students studying law or a social science, not kindergartens.
It wasn’t being taught in kindergarten nor is anybody saying it should…don’t be ridiculous.

Goodgyalknd

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* in my princess era *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Reaction score
Reactions
262,722 12,732 1,841
Alleybux
We were already taught critical race theory to a smaller extent during history classes.

Ms Vandross

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,555 15,255 8,202
Alleybux
It wasn’t being taught in kindergarten nor is anybody saying it should…don’t be ridiculous.
The push is to introduce it to k-12 education.
We were already taught critical race theory to a smaller extent during history classes.
I seriously doubt it. I'm not denying you were taught about racism in history class, but critical race theory is a grad-level academic discourse and was never taught in k-12 education or in high school.
This isn't whether I agree with CRT, its the fact that CRT is a very complex academic discourse that children don't have the ability to comprehend. We're not teaching k-12 children the theories behind free-market economics, so why are we teaching them grad-level theories related to race?

Goodgyalknd

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* in my princess era *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Reaction score
Reactions
262,722 12,732 1,841
Alleybux

I seriously doubt it. I'm not denying you were taught about racism in history class, but critical race theory is a grad-level academic discourse and was never taught in k-12 education or in high school.
This isn't whether I agree with CRT, its the fact that CRT is a very complex academic discourse that children don't have the ability to comprehend. We're not teaching k-12 children the theories behind free-market economics, so why are we teaching them grad-level theories related to race?
I can see that for grade schoolers, but highschoolers are taught about free market economics. CRT should just be a part of life-ed.

Ms Vandross

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,555 15,255 8,202
Alleybux
I can see that for grade schoolers, but highschoolers are taught about free market economics. CRT should just be a part of life-ed.
High schoolers are not taught economic theories, they learn the basics - macro + micro.
They go to college to learn about theory and other complex stuff. Point is, some stuff should be left for college. Critical Race Theory is something taught at grad level, mostly in law school as an entire course. Too complex and not something children can comprehend properly at k-12.

Andre1984

Reaction score
Reactions
340,856 37,804 8,926
Alleybux

Critical Race Theory isn't being taught in any school to children.

There's no plans to teach critical race theory to children.

Every bill passed "banning critical race theory" does not ban critical race theory despite claiming to do so.

Teaching about the history of redlining in the USA or the Tulsa Massacre or that the Founding Fathers owned slaves is not Critical Race Theory, but teaching about them will be affected by these bills supposedly about critical race theory.

Andre1984

Reaction score
Reactions
340,856 37,804 8,926
Alleybux
If it’s a made up wedge issue, then why does the left always complain about this legislation?

Pointing out that Republicans made up an issue out of nothing and is flat out lying about it is not "complaining"

The language in bills claiming to ban critical race theory has nothing to do with critical race theory.

Saying redlining exists and has existed is not critical race theory.
It's fact, it's history.

Whitewashing history is an American institution, these bills would stop discussing issues like that in its tracks.

I mean look at this graphic from a Daily Mail article.

44125569-9678541-image-a-5_1623460192069.jpg

Let's look at one state.

Tennessee.

According to the article critical race theory is banned right?

Lets look what the man who sponsored and wrote the bill had to say.

By the time the bill reached the House floor, Ragan was caught in a long line of questioning about the amendment’s opaque language and purpose. Rep. Hardaway (D-Memphis) asked about the intent of the additions.

Does your legislation speak to critical race theory?” Hardaway asked.

Critical race theory is not mentioned anywhere in this legislation,” Ragan replied.

Did critical race theory play a part in the genesis of this legislation?” Hardaway asked.

“I’m not sure I understand your question,” Ragan said, “since no one has defined critical race theory for me.”

That's right.

The man who wrote the legislation that "bans critical race theory" flat out said that nowhere in the legislation to "ban critical race theory" is there any mention of "critical race theory" and that he doesn't even know what it is.

But apparently his legislation bans it...

MayaKeats

Let Motown wrap your soul
Reaction score
Reactions
323,632 7,787 2,191
Alleybux

Um...educators teach all subject matter at a level a child can comprehend. Alphabet to reading and writing to diagramming to term papers to research. We don’t teach university level courses to kindergartners, and we don’t ask preschoolers to read Chaucer. When your elementary age child is learning how many 50 cent apples he can buy with a dollar, he’s not poring over books on economics.

Physics is complex academics but we teach the little buggers about gravity.

Your arguments gave me the best chuckle. But you’re right—why teach a two year old “The Wheels on the Bus” without teaching them mechanics? Bunch of slackers, rolling their little hands and pretending to be wipers swishing and horns beeping. Where’s the meat of their education? Where’s the science?

Ms Vandross

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,555 15,255 8,202
Alleybux
Um...educators teach all subject matter at a level a child can comprehend. Alphabet to reading and writing to diagramming to term papers to research. We don’t teach university level courses to kindergartners, and we don’t ask preschoolers to read Chaucer. When your elementary age child is learning how many 50 cent apples he can buy with a dollar, he’s not poring over books on economics.

Physics is complex academics but we teach the little buggers about gravity.

Your arguments gave me the best chuckle. But you’re right—why teach a two year old “The Wheels on the Bus” without teaching them mechanics? Bunch of slackers, rolling their little hands and pretending to be wipers swishing and horns beeping. Where’s the meat of their education? Where’s the science?
We can argue about semantics but no one is teaching grad-level physics to children in k-12. So why do people think its okay to teach them grad-level social science theories to k-12 children?

MayaKeats

Let Motown wrap your soul
Reaction score
Reactions
323,632 7,787 2,191
Alleybux
We can argue about semantics but no one is teaching grad-level physics to children in k-12. So why do people think its okay to teach them grad-level social science theories to k-12 children?
No one is proposing that. And you obviously don’t want to let go of your baseless argument, so good day.

Yaybelline

Lil Nancy MacGill
Reaction score
Reactions
58,433 10,116 3,469
Alleybux
Pointing out that Republicans made up an issue out of nothing and is flat out lying about it is not "complaining"

The language in bills claiming to ban critical race theory has nothing to do with critical race theory.

Saying redlining exists and has existed is not critical race theory.
It's fact, it's history.

Whitewashing history is an American institution, these bills would stop discussing issues like that in its tracks.

I mean look at this graphic from a Daily Mail article.

44125569-9678541-image-a-5_1623460192069.jpg

Let's look at one state.

Tennessee.

According to the article critical race theory is banned right?

Lets look what the man who sponsored and wrote the bill had to say.

By the time the bill reached the House floor, Ragan was caught in a long line of questioning about the amendment’s opaque language and purpose. Rep. Hardaway (D-Memphis) asked about the intent of the additions.

Does your legislation speak to critical race theory?” Hardaway asked.

Critical race theory is not mentioned anywhere in this legislation,” Ragan replied.

Did critical race theory play a part in the genesis of this legislation?” Hardaway asked.

“I’m not sure I understand your question,” Ragan said, “since no one has defined critical race theory for me.”

That's right.

The man who wrote the legislation that "bans critical race theory" flat out said that nowhere in the legislation to "ban critical race theory" is there any mention of "critical race theory" and that he doesn't even know what it is.

But apparently his legislation bans it...
Just because the legislation doesn’t strictly define it doesn’t mean there’s no definition of it and it hasn’t been taught. The reason this legislation is being passed is because it’s being pushed into school curriculums. CRT isn’t black history. It’s teaching that all racism is because of whiteness. As has been said in numerous threads, CRT is a Marxist doctrine where race replaces class.

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,721 6,530 2,165
Alleybux

If your goofy self believes k-12 means they’re interrupting finger painting to teach CRT, then you obviously lack common sense. K-12 is literally a broad term to play on feeble minds that wouldn’t have the common sense to grasp that this wouldn’t come into play until History is introduced to students…which is 3rd-4th grade at the earliest. Even then it would be placed in terms appropriate for the age group. 8th grade and up have the capacity to learn a complex topic like CRT. Especial with the growing enrollment of students into advance classes. So your argument that kindergartners shouldn’t be learning this to justify not letting older students learn it is absurd. Racism is ageless. If minority children continue to experience the oppression and racism of this country, then white children can withstand being educated on that oppression and racism and it’s role in government and the justice system.

Like I said, stop being ridiculous. Nobody is saying it should be taught in Kindergarten…and K-12 as the scope of when it would be introduced doesn’t mean just kindergartners like your ridiculous comment was suggesting because you overlooked the higher grades that are included in K-12.

Last edited:

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,721 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
High schoolers are not taught economic theories, they learn the basics - macro + micro.
They go to college to learn about theory and other complex stuff. Point is, some stuff should be left for college. Critical Race Theory is something taught at grad level, mostly in law school as an entire course. Too complex and not something children can comprehend properly at k-12.
They literally have advance placement as early as middle school..I earned college credits with my AP classes in both middle and high school. Just because your mind couldn’t comprehend beyond the basics doesn’t mean that’s the case with every single student. Especially since honors and AP enrollment are on the rise.