Quantcast

The RATCHETNESS of VC ANDREWS is BACK!!! RUBY on LIFETIME on MARCH 20th!!!

Pancakes123

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,631 741 724
Alleybux
Why does V.C Andrew’s stories focus on incest? Flowers in the attic and Heaven were bad enough and this one looks like it’s going to turn out the same way.

CocoaGoddess

Shrillmonger
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
28,569 475 109
Alleybux
This is my FAVORITE VCA series.

Oh to see Daphne and Giselle in motion! And I loved the descriptions about New Orleans and the bayou, it was almost like a character in and of itself. I hope they maintain that energy with this adaptation.

Mrs Puff

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,801 197 95
Alleybux
I have no idea why, but I was obsessed with those books in junior high. And now that I think about it, how crazy is it that my school library had those books. They were way inappropriate.

chatterbox_380

No-filter-having heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
26,744 1,857 140
Alleybux
Why does V.C Andrew’s stories focus on incest? Flowers in the attic and Heaven were bad enough and this one looks like it’s going to turn out the same way.

The thing is that VC Andrews died after one of the series and the damned ghostwriter is stuck on incest and sh!t that doesn't make sense like identical twins who were born male and female. Like the girl gets raped by her twin, I want to say and her mom goes off the deep end and forces the girl to pretend to be the dead brother. And no one knows because they look alike AND SHE'S PREGNANT with her dead twin's child?!!
I need to find that fµck!ng book. And there was another one with lesbian vampires.

I was just thinking about how they should make the Ruby series although I am interested if they'll remake Rain and make it campy fun or just fµcked up ghetto sadness.

Philotes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,056 2,055 102
Alleybux
It was after the 3rd flowers in the attic book. The 4th was apparently half written and didn’t make sense. I think that’s what I read.

The thing is that VC Andrews died after one of the series and the damned ghostwriter is stuck on incest and sh!t that doesn't make sense like identical twins who were born male and female. Like the girl gets raped by her twin, I want to say and her mom goes off the deep end and forces the girl to pretend to be the dead brother. And no one knows because they look alike AND SHE'S PREGNANT with her dead twin's child?!!
I need to find that fµck!ng book. And there was another one with lesbian vampires.

I was just thinking about how they should make the Ruby series although I am interested if they'll remake Rain and make it campy fun or just fµcked up ghetto sadness.

mmhmmokgirlbye

formerly known as Cheverly…
Reaction score
Reactions
131,339 3,903 1,027
Alleybux
Lord when I was in middle school we used to pass around Flowers in the Attic like an ig model in the rap game. The incest low-key traumatized me. I never read Ruby but it looks southern gothic and dumb, which I'm sometimes into.

chatterbox_380

No-filter-having heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
26,744 1,857 140
Alleybux
Lord when I was in middle school we used to pass around Flowers in the Attic like an ig model in the rap game. The incest low-key traumatized me. I never read Ruby but it looks southern gothic and dumb, which I'm sometimes into.

It's fµck!ng nuts. There's rape, then almost incest, then rape incest, death, death, um. . . death and then rape, birth and, xes, birth and death. (I'm not trying to tell you the whole plot. But it's so fµcked up.)

HongKongho

ZhangZiyisho
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
155,689 6,271 6,563
Alleybux

No the twin boy died and the mom made the twin girl into a boy but she got pregnant by another boy

her twin was dead when she conceived her daughter

Pancakes123

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,631 741 724
Alleybux

Wow, thanks for letting me know that V.C Andrews isn’t responsible for this. I do wonder why the ghost writer is stuck on incest. :sick: The description you just gave me is disgusting. She’s pregnant with her twin’s child? That’s disgusting.:sick:

chatterbox_380

No-filter-having heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
26,744 1,857 140
Alleybux
No the twin boy died and the mom made the twin girl into a boy but she got pregnant by another boy

her twin was dead when she conceived her daughter

Thank you for correcting me. I knew it was fuckery and they really pushed the whole identical thing.

Wow, thanks for letting me know that V.C Andrews isn’t responsible for this. I do wonder why the ghost writer is stuck on incest. :sick: The description you just gave me is disgusting. She’s pregnant with her twin’s child? That’s disgusting.:sick:

I was wrong about that particular book. @HongKongho thankfully remembered the actual plot of the book. I will say I was 15 when I read it and I ended up skimming pages after the twin dies because of how wtf it was. That being said, a lot of other characters did have children with their half-sibling. Flowers in the attic, the mom slept with her half brother and didn't know until much later. She then tried to kill their children with poison.

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,877 19,022 12,528
Alleybux

I tried watching one of these movies and couldn't get past the incest. It is beyond creepy. I had a friend who was super into all those VC andrews books too. I don't get it.

CocoaGoddess

Shrillmonger
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
28,569 475 109
Alleybux
What's the name of the series with the dead twin and gender swapping twin?

I think I stopped reading the books with the Rain series, it just got too repetitive after awhile. But the early series will always have a spot in my heart.

In the early days of the internet, i used to belong to VCA groups and angel fire pages, and we really did not believe that VC Andrews even existed. I'm super skeptical even still.

chatterbox_380

No-filter-having heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
26,744 1,857 140
Alleybux
What's the name of the series with the dead twin and gender swapping twin?

I think I stopped reading the books with the Rain series, it just got too repetitive after awhile. But the early series will always have a spot in my heart.

In the early days of the internet, i used to belong to VCA groups and angel fire pages, and we really did not believe that VC Andrews even existed. I'm super skeptical even still.

1.) It's the Gemini Series, first book is Celeste.

2.) VC Andrews existed and I remember reading part of the interview but Buzzfeed went further.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,053 5,914 5,611
Alleybux

V.C. Died in '86. She didn't even finish "Garden of Shadows." The last book she completed was "Seeds of Yesterday" which was released in '84.

Mrs Puff

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,801 197 95
Alleybux
Thinking back, I remember the "Dawn" series was my favorite. I can't remember the plot now, but I was reading those several-hundred page books in like a couple days or so, never mind that I had homework and school. lol

Magikly Deelishis

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,979 425 26
Alleybux
I feel like this series was Neiderman's best writing and his last really good work. Everything after this was downhill in terms of quality and it seemed like he's just been doing it for the checks ever since.

I couldn't watch My Sweet Audrina or the Casteel series because I didn't want to see Lifetime eff them up the way they did the Dollangangers. I feel the same about this.