The Sims Random Thoughts Thread

HongKongho

ZhangZiyisho
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
155,694 6,271 6,567
Alleybux
Shango proposed to Oshun is it time to move them in together? I also have yet to make his first wife Oba and cause drama between the women then Oya gonna be chilling in the wind watching them two fight

Aphrodite had Eros and is now pregnant by some random. I paused the pregnancy for a lil bit cause Eros is still an infant.

Ares is gonna be pissed to find his girl pregnant and he may be tempted to cheat he’s got his eye on Eos

Gonna make Artemis and Orion have the love story they always were supposed to have cause I have no use for virgin goddesses and Orion is Artemis perfect match

Saturnyne

Woobification Enthusiast.
Reaction score
Reactions
3,643 80 16
Alleybux
I'm new to Sims 4 (haven't played Sims 2/3 in a really long time), and I made my sim try to get with one girl, but they went on a date at the night club which was going well until said date went upstairs and was boinking another random dude in the toilets. I made my sim start talking to another girl (which at the time my non-reading ass didn't realize they had the same last name and was the younger sister of the first date). So they talk and talk until they go home and my sim gets the younger sister pregnant. I made them get married because she was pregnant and invited the older sister. My sim was embarrassed the whole day of the wedding because they were found out for cheating. The older sister is furious when the ceremony happens. The next day I take my sim to the older sister's family's home, trying to talk in her into becoming a side chick but it's just not working. Then one of my sim's friends who'd been calling for dating advice is over at the house and f*cks her on the couch in the living room in front of my sim. It's like all my sim's attempts at flirting are being denied.

tl;dr I am trying to get my sim's side chick back while being married with a child on the way, but it's just not working, what do?

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
I'm new to Sims 4 (haven't played Sims 2/3 in a really long time), and I made my sim try to get with one girl, but they went on a date at the night club which was going well until said date went upstairs and was boinking another random dude in the toilets. I made my sim start talking to another girl (which at the time my non-reading ass didn't realize they had the same last name and was the younger sister of the first date). So they talk and talk until they go home and my sim gets the younger sister pregnant. I made them get married because she was pregnant and invited the older sister. My sim was embarrassed the whole day of the wedding because they were found out for cheating. The older sister is furious when the ceremony happens. The next day I take my sim to the older sister's family's home, trying to talk in her into becoming a side chick but it's just not working. Then one of my sim's friends who'd been calling for dating advice is over at the house and f*cks her on the couch in the living room in front of my sim. It's like all my sim's attempts at flirting are being denied.

tl;dr I am trying to get my sim's side chick back while being married with a child on the way, but it's just not working, what do?
Lawd, this whole scene is messy...and I love it! :joy::joy:

Ceres

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,663 53
Alleybux
Hey y’all. If anyone still plays the sims4 be careful with playing your current save and try not to update. Yet another issue with the game and bugs. There’s a bug? that will make your save corrupted or something and not save properly. Best to play offline for now. The sims team needs to get their crap together. It’s getting ridiculous.-sighs-

Last edited:

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
Hey y’all. If anyone still plays the sims4 be careful with playing your current save and try not to update. Yet another issue with the game and bugs. There’s a bug? that will make your save corrupted or something and not save properly. Best to play offline for now. The sims team needs to get their crap together. It’s getting ridiculous.-sighs-

All these issues make me not even want to play anymore. Thankfully, I haven't had any issues with my saves but that doesn't mean I'm safe. As you said, this is ridiculous at this point. Then they have the nerve to keep coming out with new packs and kits...SMH.

AshBoogie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,528 1,930 889
Alleybux

Wow, this literally just happened to me yesterday! I kept getting an error message whenever I tried to save, I thought it had something to do with my mods/cc. Luckily, it was just a random save that I used for playtesting but I figured it was corrupted; that has never happened to me before with Sims 4. And it was only that particular save, none of my other ones. This makes me really paranoid because I have longgg 10-generation+ saves that I cannot afford to mess up, they need to get it together.

Ceres

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,663 53
Alleybux
Wow, this literally just happened to me yesterday! I kept getting an error message whenever I tried to save, I thought it had something to do with my mods/cc. Luckily, it was just a random save that I used for playtesting but I figured it was corrupted; that has never happened to me before with Sims 4. And it was only that particular save, none of my other ones. This makes me really paranoid because I have longgg 10-generation+ saves that I cannot afford to mess up, they need to get it together.

Same, I’m worried about playing my save but I made a test save. They had another update recently that maybe solve most of the problems but I’m not going risk it.
I may go back to the sims 3.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
I have never had lots of mods (but I have tons of CC) but there was one that was giving me issues the other day so I had to go through and clean out all of the mods and I am now starting over with downloading. There are still a few that I usually use that I don't trust right now so I won't be adding those for a while. I think adeepindigo and lumpinou still have issues and those are two of my favorites but I can't take that chance of adding them to my folder again, at least not now.

FRED

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,743 275 51
Alleybux
So, the current drama with EA yet again focking up a game with a patch and dancing around the issue made me find a copy of TS2 online. And omg...how is it that a game released 20 years ago+expansion packs that are 15+ years old better than the current sims 4, if you play both games vanilla?

I'm trying to find TS2 mods for the global aging. If I can find one, and some good modern CC I might drop TS4 for a lil while or at least until Life by You is released...I admittedly do not have high hopes for that game since the release has been pushed back twice and it still looks half-baked.

EllegantBizarre

I'm the sweetest bish you'll ever meet <3
Reaction score
Reactions
14,762 363 236
Alleybux
I went back to sims 3 ages ago and have been having a lot of fun with the game. It doesn't look the best and I'm not a cc person at all but at least I can create the stories I want with the gameplay mods I need and not worry whether my saves will be corrupted.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
I went back to sims 3 ages ago and have been having a lot of fun with the game. It doesn't look the best and I'm not a cc person at all but at least I can create the stories I want with the gameplay mods I need and not worry whether my saves will be corrupted.
I have Sims 3 on my laptop computer and I have tried to get into it but I just can't. I think I need to try it out again because Sims 4 is getting on my last nerve with all these updates and crashes. I think the issues is what you said: it doesn't look all that great to me graphics wise.

sofia.loren

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,447 397 46
Alleybux
My game is a total disaster. It had an error and wouldn’t start but I have 50gb of cc and I’ve spent weeks trying to isolate bit by bit and I can’t seem to figure out what broke the game. Now it starts but the whole bar at the bottom where the controls are is buggy and has white boxes. It’s hard to explain. I’m thinking of just deleting everything and starting over, is this insane or worth the headache? I have all the tools to isolate broken cc but when I use it I delete all the cc they say is broken or outdated but it only fixed the starting issue caused by a mod and not the broken controls.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
My game is a total disaster. It had an error and wouldn’t start but I have 50gb of cc and I’ve spent weeks trying to isolate bit by bit and I can’t seem to figure out what broke the game. Now it starts but the whole bar at the bottom where the controls are is buggy and has white boxes. It’s hard to explain. I’m thinking of just deleting everything and starting over, is this insane or worth the headache? I have all the tools to isolate broken cc but when I use it I delete all the cc they say is broken or outdated but it only fixed the starting issue caused by a mod and not the broken controls.
Don't feel bad for wanting to delete the mods and start over. I think if you remember the names of your favorite modders/custom creators, you can go to their websites/Patreon/Tumblr and see if they have any updates and just go from there. I had to do that a few months ago. I don't have nearly as much CC/mods as some people so it wasn't too hard for me to add them back, plus I have a list of all the modders and CC creators that I frequently use on an Excel spreadsheet on my desktop.

wordplaybae

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,892 83 20
Alleybux
It sounds like a UI issue. I rarely ever have issues with my cc but I know script mods have been having tons of problems. I ended up removing all my little Ms Sam mods and triple checking I had updated all my other major mods and that helped me out.

TheUltimateRush

Electric Relaxation
Reaction score
Reactions
34,159 600 83
Alleybux
Are your CC and mods sorted into folders? If not, put all your mods (script files and packages) into a folder.

Then use Sims 4 Mod Manager to deactivate half of the mods. Run the game. If the issue has resolved, you know it’s to do with that half of the mods. Then, activate half of them and run the game again. If the issue is resolved, you know it’s that half. Put the activated mods in another folder to mark them as safe. Then keep going with half of that remaining half.

If the issue is not resolved, move the deactivated mods to another folder to mark them as safe because they’re not the mod (s) causing them. Then, deactivate half of the remaining and repeat the process until it resolves. When it resolves, use the process in the paragraph above. Take pictures of what you are deactivating so you can keep track of which specific mods are triggering.

Don’t save the game while you do this. Just exit.

EllegantBizarre

Reaction score
Reactions
14,762 363 236
Alleybux
I have Sims 3 on my laptop computer and I have tried to get into it but I just can't. I think I need to try it out again because Sims 4 is getting on my last nerve with all these updates and crashes. I think the issues is what you said: it doesn't look all that great to me graphics wise.
Everyone looks like pudding in sims 3 but the gameplay is so much better than sims 4, plus the game is complete so you don't have to worry about it needing constant updates just to barely function. Once you can look passed the pudding faces, you'll have a fun time.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
Everyone looks like pudding in sims 3 but the gameplay is so much better than sims 4, plus the game is complete so you don't have to worry about it needing constant updates just to barely function. Once you can look passed the pudding faces, you'll have a fun time.
I just found out yesterday that there is CC for Sims 3! I actually have Sims 3 uploaded on my laptop at home and I tried playing for a few hours a few months ago but I couldn't get into it because the characters look so weird. I just may take some time and look for some CC to make them look better.

EllegantBizarre

Reaction score
Reactions
14,762 363 236
Alleybux
I just found out yesterday that there is CC for Sims 3! I actually have Sims 3 uploaded on my laptop at home and I tried playing for a few hours a few months ago but I couldn't get into it because the characters look so weird. I just may take some time and look for some CC to make them look better.
When I finally get a chance, I'll probably look into cc for sims 3 as well because the sims really do look off.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
When I finally get a chance, I'll probably look into cc for sims 3 as well because the sims really do look off.
The hair in particular bothers me...LOL. I always tend to play with black Sims so when I have to choose hair, I get pissed off because we know that black folks don't wear those hairstyles :joy::joy:

NobodysFool

Where The Royals Reside
Reaction score
Reactions
28,809 540 112
Alleybux
I bought Sims 3 on sale last week and I'm so EXCITEDDDD.

Soon as I get a good batch of my work done, it's giving!! I got all the videos on how to make The Sims 3 look better saved in my queue. It's about to be a time had!!

I'm more of a family simmer, so I'm sure I'll have to get Generations sooner or later, but apparently Sims 3 base is better and has more to do than Sims 4, so hopefully I can wait chille.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
I bought Sims 3 on sale last week and I'm so EXCITEDDDD.

View attachment 5718976

Soon as I get a good batch of my work done, it's giving!! I got all the videos on how to make The Sims 3 look better saved in my queue. It's about to be a time had!!

View attachment 5718982

I'm more of a family simmer, so I'm sure I'll have to get Generations sooner or later, but apparently Sims 3 base is better and has more to do than Sims 4, so hopefully I can wait chille.
I have Seasons and Late Night but I know I don't have Generations I may have to purchase that one and try and get back into Sims 3. I was supposed to have done that this weekend but I got super busy.

TCatt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,427 567 41
Alleybux
I have tried to play Sims 3 and the Sims are just too ugly for me to deal with lol. I haven't played Sims 4 in months just because I don't feel like updating all of my mods.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
I have tried to play Sims 3 and the Sims are just too ugly for me to deal with lol. I haven't played Sims 4 in months just because I don't feel like updating all of my mods.
There have been tons of updates and yes, it has been super frustrating.

EllegantBizarre

Reaction score
Reactions
14,762 363 236
Alleybux
The hair in particular bothers me...LOL. I always tend to play with black Sims so when I have to choose hair, I get pissed off because we know that black folks don't wear those hairstyles :joy::joy:
Omg, tell me about it! Whenever I have kids in the game and I see the hairstyles the game auto selects for them, it's so annoying! My current sim is wearing some modded braids I found on some website somewhere and she looks so beautiful. Definitely invest in ccs for sims 3, it really increases the fun of the game in my opinion.

ErykahWebber

Drama-Free Zone
Reaction score
Reactions
33,872 435 67
Alleybux
Omg, tell me about it! Whenever I have kids in the game and I see the hairstyles the game auto selects for them, it's so annoying! My current sim is wearing some modded braids I found on some website somewhere and she looks so beautiful. Definitely invest in ccs for sims 3, it really increases the fun of the game in my opinion.
I did a little research on hairstyles last night that I saw on The Sims Resource and I saw some pretty good ones. Now I will have somewhere to go when it comes to downloading hairstyles. I haven't gotten the chance to look at clothes and shoes yet but I plan to after I get home from work.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom