Quantcast

The Strength of Denise Matthews(Vanity)

kerrisse

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
70 7 3
Alleybux
@Tobyn Brown This isn’t so much a question as it is my thoughts, but I’d like you to tell me if you agree or if I’m wrong for feeling this way:

Denise was one of the most beautiful women in the 80’s and 90’s. On top of that, she had a charisma and an allure that was special - which set her apart from other female entertainers. I can’t help but to think if it hadn’t been for the drugs, she would been much more focused and driven and would have had a much bigger career. She was just as talented as other female entertainers from that era who managed to have bigger careers. I think she had a lot more to offer, but those damn drugs ruined her focus and drive.

I think it’s sad she gave up on her entertainment career by the time she finally quit drugs and after “finding the Lord.” She was one of those people who truly was meant to be a “star.” She just had that “star” quality that you can’t explain. It’s like she went from one addiction to another - instead of drugs, she became addicted to Jesus.

Also, I know this may seem shallow, but this woman could have had any man she wanted. She could have found a great, well-off man who would have been thrilled to be her husband and treat her the way she deserved and taken care of her, and to see how her life ended up is just sad. Again, I know this sounds shallow, but it’s just so sad how she gave up on finding love after her first marriage ended. Just so many missed opportunities in general.
Jesus was love of Denise’s life. Everything else paled in comparison. She gave up all the treasures of Egypt to be with Him. Her life was very hard, unbearable really, but very few escape the clutches of Satan in Hollywood the way she did. She said she had demons in her body and in her bed before she met the Lord and an unforgivable hatred for her wicked father who had tormented her. According to her, God healed her heart and mind and filled her with joy. It’s too bad that Satan continued clawing at her through the likes of the Harpers and the world. The Bible says not to fear the one who can destroy the body (Satan/the Harpers/whoever) but fear the one who can destroy the body and the soul (the Lord).

kerrisse

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
70 7 3
Alleybux
If Prince wanted to attend or contribute to the event, even he would have had to deal with Roxanne. That is not just how she spoke, Roxanne told you she was in control and most everyone followed her.

Harper had nothing good to say about me to the sisters, most didn’t say hello, and after I didn’t stay to sit around and have a meal with these people.

Roxanne seemed to believe that she had unquestionable power and a pathway to Prince and Hollywood joining her church.

All of Denise's attention went to Roxanne's head. But, the family fell for it no matter what I said.

They followed Harper until Harper turned on them.

When confronted Harper will immediately begin to expose who helped her with what, and will begin throwing anybody and everybody under the bus she is driving away in.

Everyone that helped Roxanne is feeling very foolish, or at the least, they should.
Then they need to get over it and explain what that woman did before Harper explains what they did to help her.
You reap what you sew. Thank you for sharing your story and exposing her criminality. I know it is sickening to watch people commit evil and seem to get away with it.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
I don't know about her sister. Looking at the new page, she seems more interested in everyone knowing that Denise's middle name was Kathleen and not Katrina. Said that Denise enjoyed embellishing quite a bit and that she was going to correct some things from Denise's book. I hope she doesn't go where I think she will.

Tobyn Brown

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
229 29
Alleybux
You reap what you sew. Thank you for sharing your story and exposing her criminality. I know it is sickening to watch people commit evil and seem to get away with it.
I'm just beginning. I haven't been myself since 2016.
It's just a delicate matter for me. My sons' aunts and grandparents have involved themselves with the Harpers.
To expose what the sisters did to help Harper and why all Roxanne needs to say is that she showed them a copy of the Will. They saw what Denise did not leave to them so they allowed Roxanne to take whatever so she could give it to them later.
Roxanne told me on 02/16/2016 that she sent a copy of the Will to one of the sisters but not to anyone else.
It's one reason why I began reading probate law that night.

Also, Roxanne asked for Denise's car and her mother's ring years ago. Denise did not want to give them the car. She had asked me if I wanted it (Dark Grey 2007 Saturn Sky Redline) before she began looking to sell it.

The Harpers drove off in it the day Denise died.
Denise's landlord told me that her car was missing from where it should be, I found it parked in front of Roxanne's house, took pictures, and sent the pictures to the landlord so the estate could not later hold a creditor accountable.

I made a record of everything I did after Denise died because I did have access to everything. I didn't trust Roxanne and I knew the sisters, that was enough to concern me about any potential accusations.
Too bad they all had to learn the hard way. I don't know how to trust them and I was never close to them.
Reaping what you sow, indeed.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Where do you think she'll go ?
She said she created the page to put the truth out. If the first post she made was correcting something that Denise herself said, including in her book, what else will she say was not true? She said that Denise embellished quite a lot. Why even say that? I think maybe there's some unresolved jealousy there.

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
I don't know about her sister. Looking at the new page, she seems more interested in everyone knowing that Denise's middle name was Kathleen and not Katrina. Said that Denise enjoyed embellishing quite a bit and that she was going to correct some things from Denise's book. I hope she doesn't go where I think she will.
Something about this lady’s demeanor is irksome. Can’t explain it.

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
I'm just beginning. I haven't been myself since 2016.
It's just a delicate matter for me. My sons' aunts and grandparents have involved themselves with the Harpers.
To expose what the sisters did to help Harper and why all Roxanne needs to say is that she showed them a copy of the Will. They saw what Denise did not leave to them so they allowed Roxanne to take whatever so she could give it to them later.
Roxanne told me on 02/16/2016 that she sent a copy of the Will to one of the sisters but not to anyone else.
It's one reason why I began reading probate law that night.

Also, Roxanne asked for Denise's car and her mother's ring years ago. Denise did not want to give them the car. She had asked me if I wanted it (Dark Grey 2007 Saturn Sky Redline) before she began looking to sell it.

The Harpers drove off in it the day Denise died.
Denise's landlord told me that her car was missing from where it should be, I found it parked in front of Roxanne's house, took pictures, and sent the pictures to the landlord so the estate could not later hold a creditor accountable.

I made a record of everything I did after Denise died because I did have access to everything. I didn't trust Roxanne and I knew the sisters, that was enough to concern me about any potential accusations.
Too bad they all had to learn the hard way. I don't know how to trust them and I was never close to them.
Reaping what you sow, indeed.
So even your ex wife took Roxanne’s side over yours? not to be disrespectful but I think all of Denise’s sisters have a screw loose.

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
She said she created the page to put the truth out. If the first post she made was correcting something that Denise herself said, including in her book, what else will she say was not true? She said that Denise embellished quite a lot. Why even say that? I think maybe there's some unresolved jealousy there.
One thing that struck me as odd and a flat out lie she said on one post is that at 15 in 1983 she had no idea who Prince, the Time, etc was. bµllsh!t. There wasn’t a Black-or BLK adjacent-teenager alive in America at that point who didn’t know who Prince was and dollars to donuts wasn't a huge fan. She’s going too hard. She talks about them liking to be around her as the teen sister of Denise who he no idea who they were.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
One thing that struck me as odd and a flat out lie she said on one post is that at 15 in 1983 she had no idea who Prince, the Time, etc was. bµllsh!t. There wasn’t a Black-or BLK adjacent-teenager alive in America at that point who didn’t know who Prince was and dollars to donuts wasn't a huge fan. She’s going too hard. She talks about them liking to be around her as the teen sister of Denise who he no idea who they were.
I saw that too. I'm like, why are you lying? What do you think your ass is hanging around backstage for? Your sister is fµck!ng the man. Lol

MoonlightSky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,259 3,860 1,286
Alleybux
@Tobyn Brown Sorry if you’ve already discussed this (I searched and didn’t see if it has been), but was Denise’s passing unexpected or was she told she only had a certain amount of time left at some point and everyone knew it was coming? Also, I still don’t understand what exactly she passed from. I know that she had no kidneys and was on dialysis, but she didn’t pass from that, did she?

Thank you for sharing these stories. Those of us who were fans enjoy hearing about this fascinating woman.

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Agree. I think it's the attitude that only she controls what is put out there about Denise.
Exactly. I haven't read very many comments but any one I see is her speaking surly, almost holding a carrot out to dangle. It's weird energy...and I still don't understand why Denise would put out for years that her middle name was Katrina.....but now it's not??

Plutonian

Sorceress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,830 1,888 1,637
Alleybux
Too bad Denise's siblings weren't more cohesive-if a person doesn't have children, the estate is equally divided among siblings in Probate (just like Prince's). They could have easily challenged Roxane and the 'will'

Reaction score
Reactions
16,620 360 114
Alleybux
Vanity never dogged P to the world, looks like that IG page her sibling has started is going 2 tho.
Not that ppl care abt that part.

Reaction score
Reactions
16,620 360 114
Alleybux
Denise almost died and lost her kidneys AFTER she met and was baptized by Roxane Harper!!! Denise was not ready to be baptized, she had an addiction. What happens to a person of great faith when they fail God.
Ppl who have an addiction are not ready 2 be baptised ?
Having an addiction is failing god ?

I understand certain ppl assume the whole world lives in the same 'reality' they do, but this is the world wide web, maybe in future considering how offensive statements like that can be would be advisable.

Plutonian

Sorceress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,830 1,888 1,637
Alleybux
She was 34 when she almost died. She was then placed on 3-4x daily peritoneal dialysis. It is likely contraindicated to get pregnant while on dialysis and she was celibate anyway.
There may have been miscarriages earlier.

Last edited:

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Too bad Denise's siblings weren't more cohesive-if a person doesn't have children, the estate is equally divided among siblings in Probate (just like Prince's). They could have easily challenged Roxane and the 'will'
Exactly. Something doesn't add up. I think the mental illness Denise spoke about her parents having, those girls must have. For Tobyn to even be taking the helm of getting what Denise wanted done and away from that shark Roxanne, tells you they have screws loose. Don't mean to be disrespectful but there is a problem.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Unfortunately, I think I was right about Denise's sister's intentions with her new Instagram. Her latest post is a pic of the girls as children and how there was good times although times were often tough. I think she's intending to downplay Denise's abuse or claim it didn't happen at all. She seems more enamored with their father. Also didn't know there were other sisters still living in Canada.

Plutonian

Sorceress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,830 1,888 1,637
Alleybux
Denise had a violent, abusive father and an alcoholic mother who abandoned her kids.
I'm not surprised her siblings are not really close-there was too much trauma; Prince's family had similar issues.

kerrisse

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
70 7 3
Alleybux
Unfortunately, I think I was right about Denise's sister's intentions with her new Instagram. Her latest post is a pic of the girls as children and how there was good times although times were often tough. I think she's intending to downplay Denise's abuse or claim it didn't happen at all. She seems more enamored with their father. Also didn't know there were other sisters still living in Canada.
Whats’s the name of the IG page? I can’t find it?

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
She seems very nutty and attention seeking. She even looks nutty TBH. I also agree with you. She is over decade younger than the other sisters so she would have no idea about many things that went on in that household.

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Denise had a violent, abusive father and an alcoholic mother who abandoned her kids.
I'm not surprised her siblings are not really close-there was too much trauma; Prince's family had similar issues.
I was under the impression the three oldest sisters were close. That was the impression they gave off in the 80s. Something is off. Especially them taking Roxanne’s side over Tobyn’s and not knowing directly what their sister did and didn’t want.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
She seems very nutty and attention seeking. She even looks nutty TBH. I also agree with you. She is over decade younger than the other sisters so she would have no idea about many things that went on in that household.
She does have crazy eyes. I think she's infatuated with her older sister, but also jealous. It's just the subtle shade in each post that is too much. And saying in your first post that Denise liked to embellish and did so in her autobiography, sets the stage for her to claim Denise was lying about whatever. I don't think she's close to any of the sisters that grew up with that asshole. She said she didn't have permission from Patricia to post her pics. I don't think they're cool with her sh!t.

Plutonian

Sorceress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,830 1,888 1,637
Alleybux
I was under the impression the three oldest sisters were close. That was the impression they gave off in the 80s. Something is off. Especially them taking Roxanne’s side over Tobyn’s and not knowing directly what their sister did and didn’t want.
Maybe it's only Roxanne causing the issues?

Mermaidbaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,655 2,781 761
Alleybux
She never mentioned this sister or any others. She would only mention Deborah and the one that used to date Eddie Murphy.

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
She never mentioned this sister or any others. She would only mention Deborah and the one that used to date Eddie Murphy.
Which is why I said the other two sisters. Deborah and Patricia. They were all three close. Not talking about Renay...and yes, she did mention it. Just because you never heard it or read it doesn't mean it didn't exist. She said it a few times. Said it on the couch with Arsenio when she called one of them up from the audience.....she was close with her TWO sisters.

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
Maybe it's only Roxanne causing the issues?
Roxanne can't cause issues unless they let her come between family, which is what she did. I said it was weird before that Tobyn was asked to be the executor of the will. If he said no, one of her sisters should have taken it over. Never should have been up to Roxanne.

Pressley

Reaction score
Reactions
482,470 14,132 13,199
Alleybux
She does have crazy eyes. I think she's infatuated with her older sister, but also jealous. It's just the subtle shade in each post that is too much. And saying in your first post that Denise liked to embellish and did so in her autobiography, sets the stage for her to claim Denise was lying about whatever. I don't think she's close to any of the sisters that grew up with that asshole. She said she didn't have permission from Patricia to post her pics. I don't think they're cool with her sh!t.
Yesssssssss.
I don't think people are catching the subtle shade in the posts. They're caught up in her being her sister, they gloss over that. She's in the entertainment business in some capacity, as is her son. If you want to talk about your sister and tell her fans things we do not know about her, wonderful...but the acting as if you're the minister of information is annoying.

Plutonian

Sorceress
Reaction score
Reactions
13,830 1,888 1,637
Alleybux
Roxanne can't cause issues unless they let her come between family, which is what she did. I said it was weird before that Tobyn was asked to be the executor of the will. If he said no, one of her sisters should have taken it over. Never should have been up to Roxanne.
Sorry, I meant Deborah, not Roxanne.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Yesssssssss.
I don't think people are catching the subtle shade in the posts. They're caught up in her being her sister, they gloss over that. She's in the entertainment business in some capacity, as is her son. If you want to talk about your sister and tell her fans things we do not know about her, wonderful...but the acting as if you're the minister of information is annoying.
Someone posted that the entertainment business is a dark place. She said it is for some. But for others it's just like a job. That may be true. But she had just posted about Denise having a hard time. Don't like the woman.

NaughtyProfessor

bada bing
Reaction score
Reactions
22,978 232 38
Alleybux
To me, that IG post made Denise sound kinda sad, unknowable and all over the place. That is not honoring her.

What’s with the need to situate her in and dwell on darkness at all costs?

If Denise told this sister things in confidence about her inner life sis should keep her mouth closed. It’s not hers to tell. Im hearing some superiority- ie “I’ve never played in that realm” but sure, she’ll do her best to try and get comfortable enough to speak about it anyway? :rolleyes::sneaky:

PrinceNelson

Eat your pancakes
Reaction score
Reactions
161,303 17,488 9,412
Alleybux
To me, that IG post made Denise sound kinda sad, unknowable and all over the place. That is not honoring her.

What’s with the need to situate her in and dwell on darkness at all costs?

If Denise told this sister things in confidence about her inner life sis should keep her mouth closed. It’s not hers to tell. Im hearing some superiority- ie “I’ve never played in that realm” but sure, she’ll do her best to try and get comfortable enough to speak about it anyway? :rolleyes::sneaky:

Can I get a link to the IG page plz ?