Quantcast

The Tragic story of European African women and their weave!!!

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
I like the fact that you managed to avoid making an argument again. That's really some dedication you have to not ever proffering any response of any real intellectual value.

If you really have any education, I suggest you try exercising it sometime. Your brain is a muscle. Shading people on twitter isn't going to exercise it enough to impress me. But good luck winning over dumber people! I bet you're very impressive to a certain kind of person.

Again, resorting to personal insults because you feel you can't ''win'' an argument (as if there is something to ''win'' in a discussion about hair, lol). I have provided all the responses needed in this thread and your deceitful ways are a turn-off. Since you are aware that the brain is a muscle, I suggest you try some cognitive exercises to learn how to use it to improve your social skills and curb your propensity for deceit and delusions of grandiosity. We have nothing more to say to each other. I don't like needlessly rude people or liars.

Cutiefab

The Hound’s b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
121,944 4,993 4,289
Alleybux
I never said they did. I specified that in my previous comments. What I said is that in general, black European women (and that most CERTAINLY applies to black French women) are not up to par with the latest hair techniques coming from the States. Black French women are VERY concerned with putting their best foot forward and have a GREAT sense of style. But the hair techniques are lacking. It's not that they don't want to put time in their hair. I appreciate your candor though.

We are extremely class and stylish, the whole world envy our style and that because it is ours.

It isn't necessarily because we lack it I am a fellow Guadeloupéenne by my mother and we have the best hair salons and hair treatment there is, I shed a hefty amount of money each month to get my hair treated the good Caribbean way, I don't care for weaves honestly I don't need it.

I will say though despite their jacked up weaves African women are stylish and know how to look good.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
We are extremely class and stylish, the whole world envy our style and that because it is ours.

It isn't necessarily because we lack it I am a fellow Guadeloupéenne by my mother and we have the best hair salons and hair treatment there is, I shed a hefty amount of money each month to get my hair treated the good Caribbean way, I don't care for weaves honestly I don't need it.

I will say though despite their jacked up weaves African women are stylish and know how to look good.

I concur. As for hair salons/hair styling, I was mainly speaking about the métropole. I haven't done weaves for a long while either. I don't have anything against them though, if they are well done and look seamless.

Last edited:

Cutiefab

The Hound’s b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
121,944 4,993 4,289
Alleybux
I concur. As for hair salons/treatments, I was mainly speaking about the métropole. I haven't done weaves for a long while either. I don't have anything against them though.

I live in Paris And I have the same hairstylist as Miss France. The salon is in the Middle of Paris granted it is pricy anybody can go.

We also have several other alternatives but for whatever reason African women don't go to Caribbean hair salons.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
I live in Paris And I have the same hairstylist as Miss France. The salon is in the Middle of Paris granted it is pricy anybody can go.

We also have several other alternatives but for whatever reason African women don't go to Caribbean hair salons.

Would you mind telling me the name of the salon? I haven't seen a whole lot of really good alternatives for black women, either in the Middle of Paris or in the banlieues, but I would appreciate a reference. I find it surprising that women wouldn't flock to the hair salons that do have the know-how / products. What I've seen is a lot of tragic hair with great fashion sense, lol. Perhaps they are all expensive...

Cutiefab

The Hound’s b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
121,944 4,993 4,289
Alleybux
Would you mind telling me the name of the salon? I haven't seen a whole lot of really good alternatives for black women, either in the Middle of Paris or in the banlieues, but I would appreciate a reference. I find it surprising that women wouldn't flock to the hair salons that do have the know-how / products. What I've seen is a lot of tragic hair with great fashion sense, lol. Perhaps they are all expensive...

Honestly I will rep it to anyone, it is Mizani but specifically the one rue Saint Honoré.

The alternatives I would go to when I was a student were the Pierre-Yves Lila, there are several of them in the city. My mom has been a longtime client of Celianthe who used to style all the prominent caribbean women here.

We have everything here but yes they aren't cheap.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
Honestly I will rep it to anyone, it is Mizani but specifically the one rue Saint Honoré.

The alternatives I would go to when I was a student were the Pierre-Yves Lila, there are several of them in the city. My mom has been a longtime client of Celianthe who used to style all the prominent black women here.

We have everything here.

Thanks. I will take note for next time I travel.

Is the Mizani salon somehow associated with the American Mizani line of hair products? Or is there no connection?

PS: Never mind. Judging by the Mizani products that they use, it seems to be. Just quickly looked at their Web site. This pretty much bolsters my argument as to the expertise that AAs have developped in black hair care (although I don't know if Mizani is still black-owned. Probably not...)

Celianthe has no web site, but I'll definitely take your word for it. Pierre-Yves Lila seems interesting. Looks like they have their own line of products.

Last edited:

Adeb0w@le

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,239 670 1,151
Alleybux
Again, resorting to personal insults because you feel you can't ''win'' an argument (as if there is something to ''win'' in a discussion about hair, lol). I have provided all the responses needed in this thread and your deceitful ways are a turn-off. Since you are aware that the brain is a muscle, I suggest you try some cognitive exercises to learn how to use it to improve your social skills and curb your propensity for deceit and delusions of grandiosity. We have nothing more to say to each other. I don't like needlessly rude people or liars.

Delusions of grandeur? Your projection is showing.

Any more grand insights on the black british community or are you done pretending to be an expert on things about which you know nothing?

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
Delusions of grandeur? Your projection is showing.

Any more grand insights on the black british community or are you done pretending to be an expert on things about which you know nothing?

Another major insight on one black british subject here: you like to flap your wings, flailing around all desperate for a ''win'' but you can't fly. LOL.

Cutiefab

The Hound’s b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
121,944 4,993 4,289
Alleybux
Thanks. I will take note for next time I travel.

Is the Mizani salon somehow associated with the American Mizani line of hair products? Or is there no connection?

PS: Never mind. Judging by the Mizani products that they use, it seems to be. Just quickly looked at their Web site. This pretty much bolsters my argument as to the expertise that AAs have developped in black hair care (although I don't know if Mizani is still black-owned. Probably not...)

Celianthe has no web site, but I'll definitely take your word for it. Pierre-Yves Lila seems interesting. Looks like they have their own line of products.

In France they are sold under the L'Oreal umbrella so it is French to me...

All of these salons have been tested by me and I recommend them, there is a Caribbean expertise that you cannot deny which is why I only go to the Mizani of saint Honoré.

I am actually currently growing out my hair for a wedding in Guadeloupe next year I will camp their hair salon.

Betty1994

LittleDarling
Reaction score
Reactions
77,939 8,730 21,531
Alleybux
what does a good weave look like to you?
I lived and worked part time in Europe for a few years and while yes, the weave situation caused me to have constant second hand embarrassment, I find this thread very mean spirited.

That is a sad fact

Thank you business vixen, looks are subjective.

Believe it or not many women CHOOSE to wear their weave like that. Unlike in the USA, where Black hair is discriminated against and white women's xes has been prized beyond belief.
Black people in Europe have always been fetishised.hence you see many ir relationships with natural haired women.
Wearing these bulky weaves is often a sign of wealth for Black Europeans similar to French wigs in the Bonaparte eras.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
In France they are sold under the L'Oreal umbrella so it is French to me...

All of these salons have been tested by me and I recommend them, there is a Caribbean expertise that you cannot deny which is why I only go to the Mizani of saint Honoré.

I am actually currently growing out my hair for a wedding in Guadeloupe next year I will camp their hair salon.

I think they are under L'Oreal in America too, but that specific line was designed by their ethnic hair care division right in the U.S. So it was most likely done with extensive collaboration with AAs. That was an American initiative, most likely from their branches there.

I envy you. I wish I could be in Guadeloupe...

PS: This is what I found on the Salon Mizani website itself:

Les formules MIZANI sont issues de technologies avancées, développées par le «L’Oréal Institute for Ethnic Hair & Skin Research » basé au New Jersey aux Etats-Unis, le premier centre de recherche dédié à l’étude de la peau et des cheveux ethniques. Unique au monde par son champ d’études, ce centre héberge une équipe pluridisciplinaire de physiciens, biologistes, chimistes et dermatologues.

Rae

H@kimi The Deadbeat reads my posts & missed a pen
Reaction score
Reactions
147,572 3,715 562
Alleybux
These types of threads are always funny to me because whether the hair is laid or not, it rarely looks like your natural hair IMHO.

@Cutiefab Cultural differences.

I had to @ you cause it's quoting someone else, despite your name being in the quote *confused af*

It is very expensive. For many people, spending more than 60 to 100€ is too much for getting for hair done or even buying a wig so... Again, with the access to AliExpress or whatever, I've seen French Black women being more open to spend 300€/$ for their wigs *shrugs*.

ETA: I had to edit my post because I've just realized that the quotes were messed up. o_O

Last edited:

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
These type of threads are always funny to me because whether the hair is laid or not, it rarely looks like your natural hair IMHO.

Black women will usually (not always) know when other black women are wearing weave, especially if it's bone straight instead of textured anyway. But there are ways to blend your leave-out to get a more natural looking look, or ways to choose/ apply your wigs to not appear foolish. Weaves are for fun and for people who want to make a change. But I don't see the point of wearing them if you are going to look atrocious. Might as well learn to deal with your natural hair. I see hair calamities every day when I walk out the door and it irks me every time. Horrible weaves that look like straw, that bunch up, visible tracks, just a mess...

I like being natural and I intend to remain so, but I don't have a problem per say with those who wear weaves/wigs or relax. I do have a problem with the hair hat look, though.

xlou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,120 1,818 756
Alleybux
This is why I wear my natural hair lol african american women set the bar too damn high!!! They seem to be sorcerers with how they know how to slay an install.

Rae

Reaction score
Reactions
147,572 3,715 562
Alleybux
This is why I wear my natural hair lol african american women set the bar too damn high!!! They seem to be sorcerers with how they know how to slay an install.

Black American/Black Americanized women are just mezmarizing when it comes to wigs. Never worn wigs in my entire life, but I know that when I'm ready to wear one so I don't have to dye my hair, I'm going to an AA salon lol. Low key as it seems, more and more French women are catching up, but the thing is, braids/twists and wearing your natural hair out is outshining it.

Rae

Reaction score
Reactions
147,572 3,715 562
Alleybux
Black women will usually (not always) know when other black women are wearing weave, especially if it's bone straight instead of textured anyway. But there are ways to blend your leave-out to get a more natural looking look, or ways to choose/ apply your wigs to not appear foolish. Weaves are for fun and for people who want to make a change. But I don't see the point of wearing them if you are going to look atrocious. Might as well learn to deal with your natural hair. I see hair calamities every day when I walk out the door and it irks me every time. Horrible weaves that look like straw, that bunch up, visible tracks, just a mess...

I like being natural and I intend to remain so, but I don't have a problem per say with those who wear weaves/wigs or relax. I do have a problem with the hair hat look, though.

We basically agree.

Foreva 21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,777 2,983 2,372
Alleybux
I see beautiful women on Youtube with great hair tutorials from EU all of the time. I mean we can post women from every single continent with 3D weaves.

JustKelly44

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,446 5,637 4,899
Alleybux
Good ones, bad ones, it doesnt matter. Ive been sick of ALL weaves for several years now. In places like atlanta where everyone has at least 24 inches. Everyone wants to be a black barbie, and the look was mad tired.

Thank god this trend is finally fading out, and hard.

The other day I was back home walking down the street in my neighborhhood when two little beautiful brown babies (approx ages 4 and 6) said "I like your hair!!". I was rocking a rather frizzy curly fro. I knew we had come a long way, because when I came up, getting your first perm was a rite of passage, and the earlier the better. And my preteens were spent literally sizzling my hair with the krimp iron. Now, most sistas are rocking naturals (especially on the east coast), and its all about confidence.

How confident are you REALLY if youre sewing another persons hair to your scalp. :question

I also noticed a korean beauty supplier had closed down. Its just one of MANY, but still.....

GangstaBoo

From the Streetz to the Altar! I DID IT!
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
103,352 7,611 15,354
Alleybux
Naomi's problem was that she wasn't taking care of the hair underneath the weave. I don't think she's representative of the average black woman in Europe who wears a weave.
But I know you're memeing so carry on.
Y'all forget Naomi was a supermodel during the era where proper wig and weave application was nonexisistent. She literally had white women having to do her hair before walking the runway. So chill!

True Artist

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
176,898 6,957 6,465
Alleybux
Girl in glasses is really pretty.

You act like AAs are out here killing the game.

MOST weaves are pretty obvious

Looking like Katie got bands scalped a kardashian.

Mess.

I follow couple African girls who live in EU. Is it true? Are sisters walking around in EUROPE looking this?

fc04451791e565a067cb842f9091a89b--crochet-hair-crochet-braids.jpg

model+bad+weave.jpg

slide_292757_2353389_free.jpg

I know in london some of them walk around like this. Been there done that.
l in the

afrodite88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
150,786 7,154 1,338
Alleybux
lmao I notice people obsessed with getting their fake hair to look as natural and Indian woman like as possible.

Honestly it's just hair, but here are some American chicks with questionable hair
serena-williams.jpg

bonding.jpg

dish-012215-nene-leakes.jpg
001278ddf53061f61c958464bf2b4b3a.jpg

Brodinski

Brava
Reaction score
Reactions
4,507 172 33
Alleybux
bµllsh!t. I live in the U.K and never in my life have I had a problem sourcing black hair products. In my particular area we are oversaturated with black hairdressers and black hair stores are aplenty, in fact too many, run by non-blacks but that is for another discussion.

I don't know how you can generalise a whole continent. Europe has many countries with varying amounts of black people. And even within a country there are variations in different areas. Would think a simpleton could guess that. This is also the Internet age I'm sure women in obscure places can order online. Duh.

We hear all the time over here that most Americans don't have a passport and are insulated as a nation, rarely venturing outside America, that doesn't help give a true worldview. Your uneducated comments make me wonder about that.

I was just about to say the same thing. I'm 37 years old and have lived in London all my life and have never had trouble finding a hairdresser or hair products. I'm always doing stuff to my hair and have been natural, had weave, braids, relaxed. The ignorance of this thread is astounding. Also weaves are getting better in the UK, my current hairdressers specialises in weave and sells hair too and they even have white women come in to get weave there too.

whatsayu

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,044 2,101 1,853
Alleybux
I heard that the reason why the weaves are so tragic is because they don't really have good stylist that specialize in that...even the black one's. I friend of mines told me that if black stylist form the states would come and set up shop they could make a ton of loot....I just don't see black stylist in the states doing that though.

Well. fµck. With the way things are going down in the states with this current administration...

..hey neighbor lol

simplymina

in my bag
Reaction score
Reactions
156,133 6,832 2,212
Alleybux
Tsuh belee to the Eritrean girl above lol. Eritrean Ethiopian girls don't typically weave you're right but some do like the white girls and add a few pieces/big curly extensions to the back for more volume/a more dramatic look especially in the weddings/music videos. Come to DC to an Ethiopian salon. You'll be in for a surprise.

It wouldn't be fair to even compare Horners in a black hair conversation anyway because Habeshas have significant Arab admixture. It would be like comparing African American/Native American or biracial hair to black hair. Mixed hair (even if it's on a black person) should not be labeled "black" and put in the same box as black hair. It causes confusion imo.

Yea but what is "black hair" then? Not all horners have wavy-curly hair. I'm Somali with 3c/4a hair and I've seen plenty of Habesha people with my hair texture. From what I've seen many African Americans and Caribbean people also have this hair texture so why should I not include myself in this discussion? It's a case by case basis. Obviously if you have wavy or straight hair you can't really put your two cents in it but many East Africans have curly/kinky hair as well.

Dale Rick Nor

Crush and Crush Again
Reaction score
Reactions
197,541 6,360 6,710
Alleybux
I notice that fonts love going in on Euro black women and their weaves/wigs but in the next breath be saying that all black women look better natural. Every month there is that type of thread, with a bunch implying that wearing weave is white culture emulation. Like what is the truth, pls?
While at the same time creating multiple threads about the recent “fairy tale” wedding. Arguing to Blacks who ACTUALLY LIVE in Europe that there’s no racism and how Blacks are celebrated

Yeah, I’ve noticed, LOL

akatidanse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,933 1,914 1,531
Alleybux
UK living font.

I must admit the USA has the hair game on LOCK.

I would travel to the US just for this
Silkpressedmasters or laced_by_lex on Instagram.

lacedbylex

NO comparison. Sorry not sorry.

I respect how everyone wears their hair and what makes them feel LIT/beautiful.

I personally don't wear weave and prefer braids or wearing my own hair.

Last edited: