CinnamonLeaf

Dark and Lovely
Reaction score
Reactions
128,285 3,820 1,438
Alleybux
AdrianneCurry.jpg

Dec. 10. 2017

America’s Next Top Model. I think its time I shed some light on what went down with me after that show..in an older and wiser shell of myself.

We were promised a Revlon contract on my season and a contract with wilhelmina. They did voice overs on the actual aired show and changed what was being said to us while filming. When I met with Revlon, they informed me they never planned on using the winner, whoever she may be, for any ads. They hired me for 15k to model makeup in a room with 10 execs in it to honor said contract. I was crushed, but still very grateful. 15k is amazing! Top Model then dropped wilhelmina, my agency, for another agency for season 2. As NO agency was willing to sign on for season one, wilhelmina claimed they were promised they’d be used again and again. They were furious. I was brought on season 2. Picked up in a limo from my apartment on ave. D in NYC (back then, a pretty damn rough area). I was told to brag and rave on my success. I did. I was still waiting for my prize, but had no issue helping out the show that made me!

Wilhelmina then informed me they didnt want me to be successful in any way to spite top model. They bragged how they’d push Elyse (also signed with them) and not me. I reached out to Tyra and Top model, desperate to get out of my contract and get advice as I was not being given any castings, etc by an agency that wanted me to fail. CRICKETS. Phone calls ignored. Then, my 15k for Revlon? Suddenly, I wasn’t being paid. I had did the job, but no paycheck was coming. Revlon blamed Wilhelmina, Wilhelmina blamed Top model. I demanded i get my paycheck for the 3 long days of work I did. Crickets. Wilhelmina said I had to take them to court, but I’d pay more for lawyers than what i was owed. I reached out to Tyra again, as Wilhelmina’s agents constantly let me know what was happening to me was because of her and the show. Crickets.

I was SO angry. I was sent to Africa to model. Wilhelmina still refused to pay me. I was broke and stuck in a third world country. My family had to wire me money for me to buy my ticket back home. A year or so goes by, I was struggling to go on castings and go sees by f
FOLLOWING other models around that I saw carrying their portfoliis since wilhelmina wouldnt send me. I was then offered a spot on The Surreal life.

Suddenly wilhelmina is very interested in me. Word is, Tyra and co. do NOT want me to go on this show. 51 minds, the producers of the Surreal Life let me know that top model has spoke to them and doesn’t want me to go on. Suddenly, I exist again. Then, anger. Pure betrayal and anger. I saw Tyra and the show as angels that had saved me and gave me a new life. The realization that they didnt give a fµck about me was crushing. I was so angry. Here, I was being given an opportunity to work a job and actually make money and they want me not to because it might make their show look bad. Yet, when I needed even advice, I got crickets.

I did the show. I purposely got wasted and skinny dipped. I took joy in knowing it would bother people. It was my Ode to fµck YOU. I took every opportunity to let press know I was never paid or given my prize. Id talk sh!t about Tyra just to do it…Revenge was sweet. I talked mad sh!t that I wouldn’t do now, I was a kid. My anger was a thin mask for my broken heart. I poked and jabbed because i knew it drove them nuts. Then, I had a plan to sue wilhelmina and get out of my contract. I told elyse, someone I thought was my friend from my season, who then marched directly into Wilhelmina and told them every…single…detail….all of it…after writing a blog making fun of a night we had together in a pompous fashion… I never spoke to her again. My second heartbreak from that show.

Now, here I am…35 years old. I AM beyond grateful I won the show. However, I was a kid. I didnt know the game of hollywood…that they really do not care about you. I had a big heart and I really looked to the show as my saviors and Tyra my angel. When I was desperate for help and being punished by my agency for being from the show after they dropped Wilhelmina…I just wanted some guidance…some…something.

That was my first great life betrayal. Nothing had hurt more than the realization that those people didnt really care about me. Now, in my wisdom, I know they werent capable of it. I was a non hollywood kid with a big heart….but to them, I was ratings and a potential boost to personal agendas…nothing more. It wouldnt hurt me today like it did then. In fact, I’d have expected as much. I just didnt know how soulless and impersonal our industry was. I wouldnt be so extreme in my behavior on tv which reflects on me more than them. I would have just eloquently expressed how heart broken I was. I certainly wouldnt have done playboy, let alone twice. That too, was my huge fµck you.

I am glad I did the show. I am even more glad it happened the way it did. Every set back, every heart break I faced, i grew. It made me stronger. I was set on a path that led me where I am today. I would have never traveled the world. I’d have never had the opoortunitues I had. id have never known how cut throat and vicious Hollywood was. I’d have never met my guy and realized together how badly we needed away from LA, entertainment, etc. That show prepared me for how cut throat and non caring Hollywood is. I wish Tyra well in her life and have no hard feelings anymore. She is a woman looking out for herself in a world where no one else gives a sh!t about you. Being cut throat and numb to others in that industry is the only way to get ahead. I never had the off switch when it came to not caring about others. That is why entertainment ended up hurting my heart so much.

Still, would be nice to get my 15k, lol.

So, if you wonder why I have been erased from the show, never mentioned, etc…its because my hurt heart rained upon them the greatest show of fµck YOU I had ever mustered. 15k is a lot of money, and being ripped off that much brought a monster out of me. I know even today, thats a number people will kill each other over… so my juvenile behavior isn’t so bad.

I loved my experience. the good, bad and ugly. I also loved that my season, our finale photo didnt get hogged by Tyra…lol She TOOK the pic instead of took over the pic. She should have stuck to that, she takes great shots.

america-s-next-top-model-adrianne-curry-1256545_267_375.jpg

The truth about Top Model

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,360 3,733 440
Alleybux
I bet there's a lot of similarly ugly stories from the winners and contestants. Maybe they'll start coming forward too.

Vayerling

BLESSED while you OBSESS!
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
56,291 1,650 1,998
Alleybux
I don't doubt what happen to her is true. But I could give 0 phucks.
Much worse has happened to black (real) models. Anyone going on ANTM thinking they will be the next Naomi, Cara or Chanel is stupid.

Tyra Banks is a narcissist like Trump. It is all about her. She even fell out with Ken Mok over the years. She has backstabbed many people. It is ALL ABOUT TYRA!

Adrianne never had a REAL DRIVE OR MOTIVATION. She was the woe is me victim.
There are ANTM alum who are making a good living doing things beyond faux modeling.

She was an idiot to confide in Elyse in the first place. Elyse ran and TOLD. lol

Last edited:

Cakeums

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,427 2,905 1,709
Alleybux
I feel bad for her and she deserves her money but the last thing I would do is cling to a job that wasn’t paying me. I knew top model was a joke when I realized most of them do not become top models let alone household names. I realized this as a kid watching the damn show. These grown women should’ve realized they were being scammed for drama and ratings.

blahface

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,083 334 83
Alleybux
The only reason I remember this is because my self hating middle school bff agreed with her: Adrianne Curry: “Boycott Black History Month!”

Tl;dr: she said boycott Black History month and BET because we're Americans and no race should be separated.

Mentions she loves BET, but has to boycott it.

Mentions her middle school black bf "Justin" that had skin "kinda like Alex Wek's

Says black people should get over slavery.

CinnamonLeaf

Dark and Lovely
Reaction score
Reactions
128,285 3,820 1,438
Alleybux
The only reason I remember this is because my self hating middle school bff agreed with her: Adrianne Curry: “Boycott Black History Month!”

Tl;dr: she said boycott Black History month and BET because we're Americans and no race should be separated.

Mentions her middle school black bf "Justin" that had skin "kinda like Alex Wek's

Wow! I never knew this

Older generations say we are easily offended but look at what people were saying with no repercussions. This is disgraceful.

Melrose Monroe

Making LSA great again.
Reaction score
Reactions
149,046 1,841 311
Alleybux

Just when I was feeling sorry for her. fµck her ignorant ass. Didn’t Christopher Knight (Peter Brady) divorce her? I hope Black Twitter fillets before it goes viral.

I would love to hear from other ANTM winners.

Foxcatcher

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,100 1,173 436
Alleybux
If her ass was in a third world country, and at that point she knew they weren't paying her, then she should've stopped working. What the hell.

JessicaL

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
255,192 7,357 3,645
Alleybux
I bet there's a lot of similarly ugly stories from the winners and contestants. Maybe they'll start coming forward too.

Once the show ended, most disappeared. I didn't start seeing Danielle on anything until years after she won through her own hard work. Eva & Toccara became popular in the black community because of their personalities & BET put them on more than anyone.

I never liked Adrienne but she still won and should've gotten what was offered whether she wanted to continue modeling or not. It was essentially a game show.

MissShawna

Do your ghetto antics know no bounds!?
Reaction score
Reactions
228,847 6,533 2,494
Alleybux
Wow, I always liked Adrienne and I wondered why she did the whole reality house thing after winning top model. Then she married the Peter Brady actor and they have a reality show too.

You can tell Tyra is all about herself and aside from the little makeup promos that were featured on the show, it didn't seem like any winners got anywhere in the modeling industry. Adrienne should have told this story years ago.

ETA: well damn, I didn't know she said that racist bµllsh!t about MLK day!

Last edited:

amberhoney

Miss Cleo in '95
Reaction score
Reactions
30,981 490 129
Alleybux
None of this story surprised me. Even Tyra's judges from ANTM dislike her. I just feel bad for all of the other models that were slighted. I'm starting to see some of them pop up again though.

Last edited:

MoneyOverLove

The Marathon Continues..
Reaction score
Reactions
537,922 10,734 5,860
Alleybux
I remember Eva crying on a show talking about how everything that glitters is not gold and she was not prepared for what she had experienced after the show. Eva is one of the most if not the most successful top model so I did find that odd when I saw her say that.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,674 8,380 1,952
Alleybux

I'm so glad you posted this because I'm pretty sure some have forgotten

CinnamonLeaf

Dark and Lovely
Reaction score
Reactions
128,285 3,820 1,438
Alleybux
None of this story surprised me. Even Tyra's judges from ANTM dipped on her. I just feel bad for all of the other models that were slighted. I'm starting to see some of them pop up again though.

What happened with the judges?

Melrose Monroe

Making LSA great again.
Reaction score
Reactions
149,046 1,841 311
Alleybux
I remember Eva crying on a show talking about how everything that glitters is not gold and she was not prepared for what she had experienced after the show. Eva is one of the most if not the most successful top model so I did find that odd when I saw her say that.

Your comment prompted me to google Eva and Tyra to see what their relationship was/is like. I remember when Eva was on the Young&The Restless, her character’s name was “Tyra” so I always assumed it was good.

Anyway, turns out NeNe and Tyra were just on WWHL and Andy asked her what she thinks about Eva coming on RHOA. She got really excited, says she can’t wait to see her on screen with NeNe and the rest, and mentioned that Eva would be on the upcoming season of ANTM.

Here’s a clip. Can’t embed since it’s on Bravo’s website.
Tyra Banks on Eva Marcille Joining #RHOA

ETA: YouTube clip.

Last edited:

JoanClayton

Team Owner
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Reactions
244,096 2,760 187
Alleybux
I remember Elyse's blog. It was on LiveJournal and was very popular. She was annoying and condescending, acted like she was too good for modeling and destined for medical school, and yet she modeled overseas.

Angela Davis

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,217 520 66
Alleybux
That bit about Elyse doesn't surprise me one bit lol
Me neither lol. They tried to give her the poor atheist mistreated by the Christians edit, but she was an asshole. I remember she did that confessional talking sh!t about everyone in the house. She said Giselle was a cunt because she left the water running while she brushed her teeth lol.

Anyway, I don't like Adrienne so it's hard to feel bad for her. Elyse should've won anyway, and when it came to the final 2 Janice was mad that Shannon didn't win. I always thought Tyra picked girls that wouldn't outshine her.

thephoenixslays

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
274,253 5,056 2,757
Alleybux
Your comment prompted me to google Eva and Tyra to see what their relationship was/is like. I remember when Eva was on the Young&The Restless, her character’s name was “Tyra” so I always assumed it was good.

Anyway, turns out NeNe and Tyra were just on WWHL and Andy asked her what she thinks about Eva coming on RHOA. She got really excited, says she can’t wait to see her on screen with NeNe and the rest, and mentioned that Eva would be on the upcoming season of ANTM.

Interesting I wonder what Yaya's opinion of the show is. She has a very successful career as well.

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,498 17,398 15,541
Alleybux

you cant lie. tyra looked great here!!

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,498 17,398 15,541
Alleybux
The thing is I think these girls actually wanted to be models and were not chasing for fame! Because some of them were pretty and I always wondered why they didnt turn into to socialites...

And to me the only one who has a great career is YaYa Decosta she stays working on major networks. And she was in that golden globe movie The Kids Are All Right and chicago med..

BeautynSmartz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,933 828 367
Alleybux
Damn, ANTM used to be my mf show! I knew their success didn’t go far past their required Cover girl shot at the end. I’d be mad af. But why did she continue working without being paid? Tf?!

Kerry Karter

Dangerously in Love
Reaction score
Reactions
195,572 2,641 2,256
Alleybux
Adrianne Curry is a tragic mess. Some of the women who didn't win had no problems parlaying that little exposure on ANTM into success.

She's been bellyaching about ANTM for years. She needs to get over it and move on.

KeiraNyongo

iSlay
Reaction score
Reactions
401,956 21,031 26,974
Alleybux
DEAD @ I was sent to Africa and stuck in a third world country. I can't with white people.

Also, I feel like she tells this story every two years. Bye girl.

JasperFlags

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
23,726 1,575 1,454
Alleybux
I never liked her. She is racist and gives me the impression she doesn't like black women. That is why I never took anything she said about Tyra seriously, until now. I will say she has been through a lot. Remember when she married that guy from Brady Bunch? They had a reality show. It was revealed Adrianne was actually kidnapped and rapped as a child.

IndigoKnows

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
165,293 8,876 8,861
Alleybux
Even with stories like this, people are still going to deny bad things happen in the industry.

But also who the fµck is checking for Adrienne? Nobody knows her.