Quantcast

The UK Hair & Beauty Thread

Unfamiliurrr

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,007 43 7
Alleybux
I’m also searching for a Swiss lace or HD frontal or closure I’ll post if I find a good vendor.

I don’t wear 613 hair - are you planning on dying it by any chance? I’d love to see the finished look

I recently bought a bob wig which I was shooketh over. Was REALLY nice. I got 250 density because I hate thin hair.

US $48.0 52% OFF|Straight Short Human Hair Wigs 360 Lace Frontal Wig Straight Bob Lace Front Wigs ISEE HAIR Malaysian Lace Front Human Hair Wigs-in Human Hair Lace Wigs from Hair Extensions & Wigs on AliExpress

also sometimes I wear my natural hair with a kinky curly upart. This hair blends in with my natural hair EFFORTLESSLY.

US $25.98 40% OFF|Mongolian Afro Kinky Curly Hair Weave With Closure Natural Black 4B 4C Virgin Human Hair Bundles Extension 3 Dolago Products-in Hair Weaves from Hair Extensions & Wigs on AliExpress

if you want some lace glue that is longer lasting than got2b here you go:

US $1.99 |40ML Lace Wig Glue WaterProof Wig Bonding Glue Invisible Adhesive With 1 Bottle Remover For Lace Wig Adhesives Bobo Wig Bond-in Adhesives from Hair Extensions & Wigs on AliExpress
Do you know any good vendors for kinky straight hair babe ?

queensmith

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,905 1,768 3,126
Alleybux
1) Sunscreen.

2) Tretinoin. It's a retinoid that is much stronger than the retinol found in cosmetic products. I think it's prescription only in the UK so you'll need to buy it online.

Retinoid Support Group!

There're lots of before and after pics on the subreddit and you'll see darker skin here and there. You'll need to do your own research and read up on how to use it safely though.

If hyperpigmentation is a big problem for you then I'd recommend adding a serum that contains brightening agents to your routine as well. I've personally had success with niacinamide, arbutin and vitamin c.

Where do you get your tretinoin?

Reaction score
Reactions
1,787 85 19
Alleybux
Do you know any good vendors for kinky straight hair babe ?

Dolago is my go to. I've had hair for years which I haven't treated well but comes back to life with a deep condition. Also dyes well without drying.

Bliss is OK but cheap enough to use if you change wigs regularly. Don't count on their hair for long term use.

HmmmmmmT

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,658 426 305
Alleybux
Any recommendations for teeth whitening products you can do at home?
I got mine bleached in Dubai a couple of years ago. Results were amazing but it was painful and caused some sensitivity that only really recently cleared up. I’ve been using sensodyne or Colgate for sensitive teeth but feel like they’re a bit stained again- I’m a big coffee drinker. Anyone have any recommendations for products to get here?

queensmith

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,905 1,768 3,126
Alleybux

beansandmatooke

Rolex on my wrist and plate
Reaction score
Reactions
4,072 26 12
Alleybux
Thank you both for this, i think i tried an indian brand of tretinoin before from ebay but it didn't agree with me like the brands that come from arab countries.

Please, start slow and steady with Retin A. Or else you’ll be looking dry as a desert. Start once a week for a month. Then twice a week the next month until your skin gets used to it. I went through this so I don’t anyone else to go through the same thing! But Retin A is the truth!

Edit: I use Retirides too. Unfortunately here in Norway I need a prescription from my doc to buy it. And please DO NOT FORGET SPF! My hyperpigmentation has changed drastically due to this.

Here2sipTea

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,262 95 10
Alleybux
I’ve recently started wearing 7x7 or 6x6 closures - regular closures are usually 4x4 or 3x4

View attachment 1358765

when they’re on they look like they could be frontals - I don’t wear frontals unless there’s a special occasion because I like to take my wigs off nightly and I don’t have time to glue them on in the morning. Plus they always start lifting by the ears which I don’t have the patience for

here’s an example (I hate her application because I hate baby hairs on wigs)

where can i buy good affordable 7x7 frontals? please and thanks

Lolly1234

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,359 607 127
Alleybux
Are there any UK surgeons or clinics anyone could recommend for a breast reduction? I have a friend who has a successful surgery in Belgium two years ago for almost half the cost of over here. But I’m a ‘what if’ kinda girl lol, so I’m worried about complications when going aboard, even if it is only is a couple hours away

MystiqueGlow

The mystique that southerners talk about
Reaction score
Reactions
99,839 4,028 2,264
Alleybux
I got a wax from a salon, I don't usually go to get my waxes done and I got an underarm wax that left my unde arms quite Red. Once the Redness had gone down the area that was Red turned dark and because I'm fair skinned it really looks awful. Will it go down? I'm also looking for good waxing places in West/North London? Please recommend me some.

Charchar46

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,246 175 21
Alleybux
I'm researching this. So far I like the results of Jag Chana, Charles Nduka, Charles Malata and Fateh Ahmad

Are there any UK surgeons or clinics anyone could recommend for a breast reduction? I have a friend who has a successful surgery in Belgium two years ago for almost half the cost of over here. But I’m a ‘what if’ kinda girl lol, so I’m worried about complications when going aboard, even if it is only is a couple hours away

ukbeauty2013

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,811 86 29
Alleybux
What is it with these UK hairdressers that make them think their sh!t don't stink?

So much bloody attitude even you are paying them for a service,!! Where did they all get this nasty attitude and poor customer service from,?

And they can't even do basic things like wash your hair or dry it before your app. You need to come with it done yourself. Pure trash

I'm learning how to make wigs and do my own hair because it's so ridiculous!!

smartz_22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,118 170 17
Alleybux
What is it with these UK hairdressers that make them think their sh!t don't stink?

So much bloody attitude even you are paying them for a service,!! Where did they all get this nasty attitude and poor customer service from,?

And they can't even do basic things like wash your hair or dry it before your app. You need to come with it done yourself. Pure trash

I'm learning how to make wigs and do my own hair because it's so ridiculous!!
Which salon was this?

fairymist

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,644 1,560 376
Alleybux
Wasn't a salon. Was someone I found on insta that was also recommended. The frontal looks sh!t too, like a have a net sitting on top of my head. So angry
It's all of them. They only do a good job on influencers and not the paying customers. I refuse to go anymore. Learn to make your own wigs or buy premade ones.

In terms of treatments etc it's better to find an actual hair salon like Elite hair lounge.

Maripretty

Beauty
Reaction score
Reactions
3,206 6 4
Alleybux
Guys please where can I get a preplucked wig with knots bleached, affordable please????

someone hook me up ohhh I need it ASAP :arrogant:arrogant:arrogant

ukbeauty2013

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,811 86 29
Alleybux
It's all of them. They only do a good job on influencers and not the paying customers. I refuse to go anymore. Learn to make your own wigs or buy premade ones.

In terms of treatments etc it's better to find an actual hair salon like Elite hair lounge.

Yeah I'm definitely going to try and learn because this its actually ridiculous! Paying for someone to act like they're doing you a favour & not even do a proper job SMH

Em_Jay

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
560 27
Alleybux
Has anyone here bought wigs from hairbyvivi? Keep seeing paid YouTube reviews by influencers and they look good but I want a real review.

queensmith

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,905 1,768 3,126
Alleybux
It's hard to use Instagram hairdressers especially the ones with big followings. Usually I wouldn't mind except most of them don't have valid places of business and operate from their homes which I find to be weird and inconvenient.

Then they have more rules and regulations than professional hairdressers which always make me laugh, basically overcharging for a service they don't pay tax or business rates on talkless of providing a service that provides recompense should you be unsatisfied. It's all a mess.

I reccomend finding one that doesn't have too many followers, they're usually not as arrogant but salons are always the best.

Reaction score
Reactions
695 172 2
Alleybux
I
Any recommendations for teeth whitening products you can do at home?
I got mine bleached in Dubai a couple of years ago. Results were amazing but it was painful and caused some sensitivity that only really recently cleared up. I’ve been using sensodyne or Colgate for sensitive teeth but feel like they’re a bit stained again- I’m a big coffee drinker. Anyone have any recommendations for products to get here?

I would just import crest white strips personally that’s what I’ve done in the past

ukbeauty2013

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,811 86 29
Alleybux
It's hard to use Instagram hairdressers especially the ones with big followings. Usually I wouldn't mind except most of them don't have valid places of business and operate from their homes which I find to be weird and inconvenient.

Then they have more rules and regulations than professional hairdressers which always make me laugh, basically overcharging for a service they don't pay tax or business rates on talkless of providing a service that provides recompense should you be unsatisfied. It's all a mess.

I reccomend finding one that doesn't have too many followers, they're usually not as arrogant but salons are always the best.

Thanks and agreed.

FemmeDeLuxe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
46,202 1,548 864
Alleybux
What terrible social media management. Girls are you here to post memes or hair.

This woman lol. I used to follow her years ago but her IG feed reads like she's constantly going through relationship problems

Xluvccmx

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,249 144 20
Alleybux
Hey can anyone recommend salons in London that are good for micro links or flat weaves on black girls. Also any links for good yaki straight hair please

fairymist

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,644 1,560 376
Alleybux
Has anyone used Silqmist hair?

I'm at a point where it feels as though all the hair I get from AliExpress is the same sh!tty quality with the super-thin ends so may as well get a Remy wig

queensmith

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,905 1,768 3,126
Alleybux
I'm not a fan of the online chemists that require you to pay by bank transfer. I'll prefer someehere I can get tretinoin using a credit card so I can dispute it if anything goes wrong.