Quantcast

The Walking Dead - Season 10 Episode 7 "Open Your Eyes" 11/17/2019 - Official Watch Thread

CNicole31

Tiv
Reaction score
Reactions
1,654 31 3
Alleybux
do y’all think Aaron is trying to pursue a romantic relationship with gamma? I know he is gay but I’m wondering his motive behind talking to her. I feel like it’s more than trying to break her. once Dante is gone they won’t have a doctor. so it’s safe to say that Dante meant to poison that whisperer

Monica Belcucci

Eternal Bad b!tch
Reaction score
Reactions
68,211 1,671 660
Alleybux
I think Rosita may walk in on Dante and Siddiq as in the preview, it shows Dante in the prison cell.

But again, how the fµck did Dante not become disllusioned with Alpha when he found out about Lydia like Gamma did? Alpha didn't tell anyone except for Beta.

CNicole31

Tiv
Reaction score
Reactions
1,654 31 3
Alleybux
I think Rosita may walk in on Dante and Siddiq as in the preview, it shows Dante in the prison cell.

But again, how the fµck did Dante not become disllusioned with Alpha when he found out about Lydia like Gamma did? Alpha didn't tell anyone except for Beta.

missed that in the previews. maybe Dante knew she wasn’t dead, he was planted there so maybe she told him

Numbuh5

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,553 237 67
Alleybux
While I think the episode was beautifully filmed, I’m confused. The twist feels obvious to me. I never trusted Dante and I don’t understand why he was welcomed in so easily practically off-screen when we’ve seen the extreme measures Michonne took with the other new characters on screen. It’s like the writers were trying to hide it and I feel like the “twist” was unearned.

Also Alphas plan for Gamma is what again? Since Aaron is so easily able to wander Willy nilly, why couldn’t Dante sabotage and spy? Honestly so many of the characters could be combined into a single one because they serve the same function.

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,058 1,837 896
Alleybux
:triumph::triumph:

This show is like Power, always killing off the characters that are actually worth something and leaving the useless ones to annoy us.

- Siddiq's PTSD: how long ago were the beheadings? Hasn't it been years? He shouldn't be having episodes this bad, though I do think that Dante was potentially drugging him. After all this time someone should have noticed that he was "off" and investigated, but everyone is too busy staring at their own navels.

- Dante: Wtf? What is his purpose exactly? He's been at Alexandria again for what, years? What is his goal for the Whisperers?
Why does Alpha care about what Aaron has to say or even Negan if she already has a man inside? It makes no sense. I feel like Dante was just a random plot device to precipitate an all out war. It's pointless and full of plotholes.

- Does nobody at Alexandria have a brain? The water supply should be the first thing that comes to mind when a bunch of people are getting sick, it's just common sense. It doesn't require a medical doctor to figure out.

RIP Siddiq, one of the only contributing members of that society.

jg19

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
13,369 194 19
Alleybux
I think the cracks in the writing are starting to show once again.If we are to believe that Alpha told Dante about Lydia, then there is no way she shouldn't know who he is because that means he knew more about her plan than Beta which means her and Dante had to be pretty close(remember she still didn't tell Beta about Lydia until much later).

Like I said in the other thread I think they are ready to move on to the Commonwealth so I think the whispers will be over by the end of the season or the start of the next. Killing Siddiq (there only doctor) and Eugene talk to that woman on the radio is how they plan to get there plus this will tie everything back to Rick and Michonne leaving to find him.

prettyplustax

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,015 223 64
Alleybux
Not all. Michonne and her fabulous booty are still alive :tongue2......for now! Back next week! :biggrin

Lol oh, OKAY!

source.gif

You go ahead then. I love me some Michonne. Just not in that way :unsure:.

Blueberry77

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,884 422 143
Alleybux
First of all, if Aaron has gone back to Alexandria to get bread, why didn’t he tell them about the fresh water contamination? Obviously Dante was contaminating it from the inside, but if they were aware that there was an outside attempt to contaminate the water, wouldn’t they have checked it?

I do buy that Siddiq would still be suffering from PTSD. It’s not like the guy’s getting counseling, taking good psych meds, or getting enough rest. I can’t imagine than anyone wouldn’t be traumatized after watching ten people be beheaded, especially if most of them were your friends. Survivor’s guilt is a real thing.

We need some explanation about whether or not Lydia knew Dante, and if so why she didn’t out him. I liked the episode, even though there were quite a few plot holes.

GoodEnuff4Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,094 222 99
Alleybux
So Siddiq just now recognized Dante's vocal tic? And why didn't Dante have that tic before now? Was he purposely hiding it? Is that even possible, for folks with vocal tics? Why is Aaron so important to Alpha, if Dante was already in Alexandria as a spy? Why did Dante know that Lydia was still alive, but not Beta (at first)? Why did Lydia recognize the Guardian manager, but not Dr. Douchebag? How will Siddiq's death be explained? Will Dr. Douchebag make it look like Siddiq hanged himself, to cover up the strangling?

Too many plot holes regarding Dante I knew from the jump something was off about him... Like a font said here I too thought he was gay and had a crush on Siddiq ( He was too much in his face)

Still doesn't makes sense he's a Whisperer.. Why didn't the prisoner recognize him? ..or was the intent not to reveal his identity.. Why come Lydia didn't know him?

I'm not buying Daryl taking a step back and letting Carol manipulate Lydia to join her... When he seem to be overprotective when it comes to Lydia

Aaron trying to be on Gamma's good side.. Im not buying that when he wasn't trying to get to know the Whisperes before

Again all this goes down when Michonne is away

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,058 1,837 896
Alleybux
Re Carol Lydia:

Sorry but how is what Carol did so bad? Wouldn't Lydia want "her people" to know that she's still alive? Did she not have anyone she was close to in 10 years or whatever with the whisperer crew?
Her getting mad seems like a fake way to create drama.

I still don't buy the Whisperers as a whole concept tbh...

msbold1

Sipping my tea, and saving my money.
Reaction score
Reactions
41,525 317 158
Alleybux
I'll just leave this here.;)

Michonne : We need to raise Alexandria's level of security and have better control over newcomers before we trust them.

Alexandrians : She lost her damn mind.

Father G : We have a council Michonne, you can't take this kind of decision alone!

Siddiq : You have to chill, that's not what Carl wanted.

Judith : They are humans being mom !

Next season, Siddiq is killed by a spy...

Michonne :

5997a75d04d49a804308826319002f0374837cfe.gif

Last edited:

MicheleK

Code Poet
Reaction score
Reactions
46,489 947 356
Alleybux
Wow that's fµcked up. Lydia didn't bother to tell them that the doc was one of them?

I'm gonna miss Siddiq's pretty face :(
But again, how the fµck did Dante not become disllusioned with Alpha when he found out about Lydia like Gamma did? Alpha didn't tell anyone except for Beta

I think the cracks in the writing are starting to show once again.If we are to believe that Alpha told Dante about Lydia, then there is no way she shouldn't know who he is because that means he knew more about her plan than Beta which means her and Dante had to be pretty close(remember she still didn't tell Beta about Lydia until much later).

We need some explanation about whether or not Lydia knew Dante, and if so why she didn’t out him. I liked the episode, even though there were quite a few plot holes.

Still doesn't makes sense he's a Whisperer.. Why didn't the prisoner recognize him? ..or was the intent not to reveal his identity.. Why come Lydia didn't know him?

Lydia didn't know him.

There plotholes in the series yes but that storyline with Dante isn't one of them.

This is the opening for next week episode and you can see that one of the reason why Alpha purposefully chose Dante, was because Lydia didn't know him.
That convo happened just after the beheading

ProprioBella

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,252 1,164 401
Alleybux
I’m glad Siddiq is dead. The ZA ain’t for the weak...

Not sure I believe he was a good doc before PTSD, but he really sucked at treating his patients with it. The water is one of the first things I would have checked.

ms.penny_lane

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,566 1,431 46
Alleybux
-RIP Siddiq

-Knew there was something off about Dante. Now they don't have any doctors. Besides Enid Siddiq should had help trained a few more people.

-Aaron needs to tell the others about Gamma dumping walkers in the water.

jg19

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
13,369 194 19
Alleybux
Lydia didn't know him.

There plotholes in the series yes but that storyline with Dante isn't one of them.

This is the opening for next week episode and you can see that one of the reason why Alpha purposefully chose Dante, was because Lydia didn't know him.

Thank you because it was not making since to me. Once again more consequences for not listen to Michonne she has not been wrong yet.

Last edited:

AnjeeBanjee

Gratuitous
Reaction score
Reactions
104,810 2,305 964
Alleybux
do y’all think Aaron is trying to pursue a romantic relationship with gamma? I know he is gay but I’m wondering his motive behind talking to her. I feel like it’s more than trying to break her. once Dante is gone they won’t have a doctor. so it’s safe to say that Dante meant to poison that whisperer

Aaron did seem tender towards gamma but I don’t think he likes her like that. In the past, Aaron was the one who was sent out to bring people in. Remember how Rick & Maggie were being mean to him and threatening him? Yet he went along with it to get them to join. Then he followed them and left water for them and they poured it out? It worked and I think Aaron is still that dude. Plus isn’t he raising gammas niece? His little girl is gammas sister child? That’s why he gave gamma the drawings and told gamma she was smart.

While I think the episode was beautifully filmed, I’m confused. The twist feels obvious to me. I never trusted Dante and I don’t understand why he was welcomed in so easily practically off-screen when we’ve seen the extreme measures Michonne took with the other new characters on screen. It’s like the writers were trying to hide it and I feel like the “twist” was unearned.

Also Alphas plan for Gamma is what again? Since Aaron is so easily able to wander Willy nilly, why couldn’t Dante sabotage and spy? Honestly so many of the characters could be combined into a single one because they serve the same function.

I think Dante was trusted easily because rick is gone, Judith is softening Michonne and he told siddiq he was a field dr. in the military. That is a useful profession in the ZA days.

I think Angela kang is undoing little messes the other guy before her, made. Show is picking up under her.

my biggest annoyance is that there are no strong, smart (alpha) male characters since rick left, besides negan- the ex bad guy. Michonne is a (alpha) strong, smart female but she can’t run three communities, raise kids and do everything by herself, nor should she have to.

Ordinario

Black Sabbathical
Reaction score
Reactions
25,697 2,174 913
Alleybux
First of all, if Aaron has gone back to Alexandria to get bread, why didn’t he tell them about the fresh water contamination? Obviously Dante was contaminating it from the inside, but if they were aware that there was an outside attempt to contaminate the water, wouldn’t they have checked it?

I do buy that Siddiq would still be suffering from PTSD. It’s not like the guy’s getting counseling, taking good psych meds, or getting enough rest. I can’t imagine than anyone wouldn’t be traumatized after watching ten people be beheaded, especially if most of them were your friends. Survivor’s guilt is a real thing.

This!

Aaron is hella annoying me this season and he should've died instead of Siddiq. They really fµcked up with killing him as he was a decent character and one of the few good looking ones.
So F Kang for that.

Carol needs to be gone too. Can't stand her no more.

Ordinario

Black Sabbathical
Reaction score
Reactions
25,697 2,174 913
Alleybux
Re Carol Lydia:

Sorry but how is what Carol did so bad? Wouldn't Lydia want "her people" to know that she's still alive? Did she not have anyone she was close to in 10 years or whatever with the whisperer crew?
Her getting mad seems like a fake way to create drama.

I still don't buy the Whisperers as a whole concept tbh...
This! I said it in the previous thread. I liked lydia last season but this season I want her to be lucilled for her dumbass actions. She wanted to help but got angry when she actually did help?

Goes to show how terrible writing affects the show and make its characters unwatchable.

Monika Mann

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
198,352 5,447 1,451
Alleybux
Some of y'all are incredibly naive about PTSD. First of all, it hasn't been YEARS since the people were killed. Even so, just because he 'only' watched doesn't mean he wouldnt suffer. He had to watch numerous people beheaded while they were still alive and screaming. I feel bad for him. People just don't bounce back. The way the story was written was very realistic. It's a shame the fans didn't appreciate the awareness and complained. I really hope you don't apply the same views to real.life people with PTSD because you can't tell someone they shouldn't feel a certain way or get better after a certain amount of time.

Red Coat

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
8,270 94 21
Alleybux
Aaron did seem tender towards gamma but I don’t think he likes her like that. In the past, Aaron was the one who was sent out to bring people in. Remember how Rick & Maggie were being mean to him and threatening him? Yet he went along with it to get them to join. Then he followed them and left water for them and they poured it out? It worked and I think Aaron is still that dude. Plus isn’t he raising gammas niece? His little girl is gammas sister child? That’s why he gave gamma the drawings and told gamma she was smart.

I think Dante was trusted easily because rick is gone, Judith is softening Michonne and he told siddiq he was a field dr. in the military. That is a useful profession in the ZA days.

I think Angela kang is undoing little messes the other guy before her, made. Show is picking up under her.

my biggest annoyance is that there are no strong, smart (alpha) male characters since rick left, besides negan- the ex bad guy. Michonne is a (alpha) strong, smart female but she can’t run three communities, raise kids and do everything by herself, nor should she have to.

No, Aaron's daughter is the baby Rick found at one of the Savior's outposts. She's around Judith's age now.

Gamma's niece is being raised by the old couple, I don't remember their names, Brett Butler was the wife.

Red Coat

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
8,270 94 21
Alleybux
Like everybody else, I KNEW something was way off with that Dr. I too thought he was gay (or at least bi since he mentioned wanting to push up on Rosita once) & he was always just making really weird, boundary crossing comments, almost like he was testing Siddiq.

Siddiq, whyyyy didn't you play this sh!t off better?! He put everything together right then & had no poker face whatsoever. I mean, I guess his trauma from knowing he was the man holding his eyes open won out, but damn!

Lydia needs to fµck off & go die somewhere. I'm sick of her ass. Carol's like her mom? No honey, you have no idea what OG Carol is like but you keep fµck!ng around & you gon find out.

whatchusay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,301 758 355
Alleybux
I’ve spent the last day catching up and now I’m up to date! I’m enjoying this season so far.

Miza

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
328,266 13,229 3,429
Alleybux

Dante has been with Alexandria so he didn't know Alpha told the rest of the Whisperers Lydia was dead.

Last edited:

Magical Unicorn

Rihanna's Marshmallow
Reaction score
Reactions
67,058 1,837 896
Alleybux
Lydia didn't know him.

If he was smart he would have deserted the smelly whisperers and had a nice life in Alexandria...

Blueberry77

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,884 422 143
Alleybux
Some of y'all are incredibly naive about PTSD. First of all, it hasn't been YEARS since the people were killed. Even so, just because he 'only' watched doesn't mean he wouldnt suffer. He had to watch numerous people beheaded while they were still alive and screaming. I feel bad for him. People just don't bounce back. The way the story was written was very realistic. It's a shame the fans didn't appreciate the awareness and complained. I really hope you don't apply the same views to real.life people with PTSD because you can't tell someone they shouldn't feel a certain way or get better after a certain amount of time.

This! The PTSD makes total sense. No one would watch ten people be beheaded, some of them extremely close friends, all the while assuming that they would be next, and be mentally ok unless they were a psychopath. Anyone would be drowning in fear and guilt. It’s fine to complain that you don’t like the storyline, but to call it unrealistic is ridiculous.

whatchusay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,301 758 355
Alleybux
Baking cookies carol showed the man the bread and jam

then he spit in her face and she turned into killer carol!

I freaking loved it! Killer Carol is bae! KC has saved their asses too many times through the seasons. I love the arc of her character from a broken batted woman to this. Levels man, levels.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Diana4mrlyDirty

<span style="text-shadow: 0px 0px 0.2em , 0px 0px
Reaction score
Reactions
57,313 297 172
Alleybux
The Walking Dead is dead, turned to ash and blown away without Rick Grimes. Pull the plug.
Who really cared about Saddiq's storyline, let alone his death? Dante was always fµck!ng creepy. I didn't know if Dante and Saddiq were lovers, if Dante was trying to be Saddiq's lover or what.

As far as this plot-shock that Dante was a Whisperer- dumb as hell. He really wants to be a spy for Alpha knowing she sent her daughter away to live a regular human life? He really wants to go from eating bread and goat meat back to worms and wearing dead flesh face masks? It makes no damn sense, NONE! Alpha is not that great of a manipulator with her ugly, smelly ass. Please!

Diana4mrlyDirty

<span style="text-shadow: 0px 0px 0.2em , 0px 0px
Reaction score
Reactions
57,313 297 172
Alleybux
Oh and Lydia's monkey ass? Girl, bye- comparing Carol to your musty ass mama? Did they make her ass eat lead-based paint chips? She slow AF. The Whisperers are terrorizing A-H-O, why wouldn't Carol or anyone else use every play they could to win an advantage? Unlike that bald, dirty, skinned ferret-looking Alpha, Carol has lost 4 children, the last of which was by Alpha's hand. fµck you Lydia! Go impale your skull on a pike and die. I had child-centric storylines.

GoodEnuff4Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,094 222 99
Alleybux
This! The PTSD makes total sense. No one would watch ten people be beheaded, some of them extremely close friends, all the while assuming that they would be next, and be mentally ok unless they were a psychopath. Anyone would be drowning in fear and guilt. It’s fine to complain that you don’t like the storyline, but to call it unrealistic is ridiculous.

To be fair I think this is the first time they have introduced a PTSD storyline.. A lot of us here assumed Siddiq was force to participate in the beheadings not just look...therefore it would've made sense to me what he was going through. Remember when Negan bludgeoned Glen and Abraham to death no one could do anything to stop it? Yet survivors guilt was never mentioned...

PTSD should've been addressed a long time ago ..It's very real but it was used as a plot device only...

MicheleK

Code Poet
Reaction score
Reactions
46,489 947 356
Alleybux
To be fair I think this is the first time they have introduced a PTSD storyline.. A lot of us here assumed Siddiq was force to participate in the beheadings not just look...therefore it would've made sense to me what he was going through. Remember when Negan bludgeoned Glen and Abraham to death no one could do anything to stop it? Yet survivors guilt was never mentioned...

PTSD should've been addressed a long time ago ..It's very real but it was used as a plot device only...
It wasn't the first time, Rick and Sasha had severe PTSD when they arrived in Alexandria.

MicheleK

Code Poet
Reaction score
Reactions
46,489 947 356
Alleybux
Dante has been with Alexandria so he didn't know Alpha told the rest of the Whisperers Lydia was dead.

Yes he knew she told him. I posted the video of the intro for the next episode. It's higher on the page.

AnjeeBanjee

Gratuitous
Reaction score
Reactions
104,810 2,305 964
Alleybux
No, Aaron's daughter is the baby Rick found at one of the Savior's outposts. She's around Judith's age now.

Gamma's niece is being raised by the old couple, I don't remember their names, Brett Butler was the wife.

you’re right! I got those found babies mixed up. Forget that it’s been years.

Why oh why didn’t saddiq tell someone that Dante was sabotaging the water filtration? He Probably thought he was imagining things since he was blacking out.

Don’t y’all think Aaron told them about the tainted water since saddiq had that water filtration system set up?

Roxanne Ford

The Future Mrs. Gurira
Reaction score
Reactions
51,519 1,612 1,515
Alleybux
Remember the time Carol took matters in her own hands during the time they lived at the prison ..she killed the ones infected so the virus wouldn't spread

Fair point. But even then, Carol did it for the greater good. She didn't just kill her people for the hell of it, as Alpha and Beta have done.

ericandrehotpac

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
17,340 648 216
Alleybux
That struck me as so odd knowing The Whisperers are savages, I mean if wanted pussy (still hit it and leave) that'd be one thing but he gay. Thought he would have sprinted back home or wherever to warn the villages.

ericandrehotpac

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
17,340 648 216
Alleybux
Oh plot twist, I knew there was something off about that damn doctor. Like where did he even come from.

Me too They brought the new doctor in with no explanation or story directives, he just showed up. I'm just curious how after being fooled by Alpha's infiltration a new stranger can just show up and be accepted?