Quantcast

The WB era of TV was the best time to grow up in the 90's and 2000's - The CW could never

VENTITRENA

Taurus Nation
Reaction score
Reactions
127,213 3,685 2,097
Alleybux
So much flavor in an entire clip. Now it's so bland and ugly
The WB promos vid were the best.

Faces
Oh What A Night
My Generation with Eden's Crush
Like, you just wanted to be a part of it. The shows were quality.

Quality.

BUFFY AND ANGEL
POPULAR
CHARMED
DAWSON'S CREEK
EVERWOOD
SMALLVILLE
JAMIEE FOXX SHOW
SMART GUY
MARRIED WITH CHILDREN
RELATED (SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CANCELLED)
ONE TREE HILL

Like, and so much more.

If you're going to give us pasty faces, give us talent, give us a form of greatness.

jdpm1991

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,730 16,958 10,375
Alleybux

Faces
Oh What A Night

Quality.

BUFFY AND ANGEL
POPULAR
CHARMED
DAWSON'S CREEK
EVERWOOD
SMALLVILLE
JAMIEE FOXX SHOW
SMART GUY
MARRIED WITH CHILDREN
ONE TREE HILL

Like, and so much more.

If you're going to give us pasty faces, give us talent, give us a form of greatness.
Also don't forget this:

Also Married with Children was FOX not WB

ThatLeogirl

NY State of Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
282,717 8,881 2,263
Alleybux
Oh my goodness. These shows were my childhood. Dawson’s creek, Charmed(Shannen Doherty years my fav), Buffy, Angel, Jamie Foxx show etc. I hated when they merged with UPN

VENTITRENA

Taurus Nation
Reaction score
Reactions
127,213 3,685 2,097
Alleybux
I loved seeing Prue and Angel flirt with each other.
And in the Faces Promo it was him and Phoebe. The only white man that I truly ever liked (and Tom Cruise and well Jake Ryan). lol and of course 2021 started with him ruining it all for me lol.

jdpm1991

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,730 16,958 10,375
Alleybux
You seem to be under the impression that the WB was more diverse with its shows and actors than the recent CW and that is not the case
by diverse I mean The WB was not just supernatural shows like Buffy, Charmed and Supernatural. Whereas The CW is mainly superhero shows

EYEdentity

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
105,289 10,795 22,525
Alleybux
by diverse I mean The WB was not just supernatural shows like Buffy, Charmed and Supernatural. Whereas The CW is mainly superhero shows
When you are complaining about a "white and vanilla looking cast", that leads me to think my assessment of what you were saying isnt incorrect

Mavis Gary

Young Adult
Reaction score
Reactions
69,367 1,698 714
Alleybux

Faces
Oh What A Night

Quality.

BUFFY AND ANGEL
POPULAR
CHARMED
DAWSON'S CREEK
EVERWOOD
SMALLVILLE
JAMIEE FOXX SHOW
SMART GUY
MARRIED WITH CHILDREN
ONE TREE HILL

Like, and so much more.

married with children was fox
Buffy started out on a main network and was only on wb for the last two seasons*

* i’ve been corrected

Last edited:

VENTITRENA

Taurus Nation
Reaction score
Reactions
127,213 3,685 2,097
Alleybux
married with children was fox
Buffy started out on a main network and was only on wb for the last two seasons
Buffy did not start on a main network. It started on WB March 10, 1997. I know because I watched the very first episode. I still have all my Buffy VHS tapes in original airing order. Buffy was on the WB for five seasons before it switched its last two seasons to the CW when they merged. I know everything there is to know about Buffy the Vampire Slayer because it's my favorite show of all time. It's also one of my favorite movies of all time.

Mwc did come on fox but in my city it also came on WB.

Mavis Gary

Young Adult
Reaction score
Reactions
69,367 1,698 714
Alleybux
Buffy did not start on a main network. It started on WB March 13, 1997. I know because I watched the very first episode. I still have all my Buffy VHS tapes in original airing order. Buffy was on the WB for five seasons before it switched its last two seasons to the CW when they merged. I know everything there is to know about Buffy the Vampire Slayer because it's my favorite show of all time. It's also one of my favorite movies of all time.

Mwc did come on fox but in my city it also came on WB.

ah ok Yep that’s it. We were big Buffy fans in my house too. I’ve actually been rewatching on Hulu and am almost done.

ANTIUSERNAME

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
127,638 11,232 14,342
Alleybux
The CW had multiple of type of shows before today. when i was a teenager, the cw was the only channel i used to watch. So many shows. From Smallville, 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, SuperNatural, The New Normal. The CW went downhill when the show Arrow started imo.
Because of the success of Smallville, The CW just wanted to keep their foot on the neck of other network by doing all of these shows who are on the Arrowverse and focus on producing supernatural shows but they didn't focus enough on the quality of the writing. The charmed reboot is a great example of how shows in the CW are poorly written

wordspinner

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
361 4
Alleybux
I envy that generation that got the WB. I'm from the UK and never got the chance to experience thise shows until a little bit later. But man I love watching the old promos. Such creativity and proof that advertising and marketing can entice and bring to life a network's personality and style so well.

1999-2002 had good marketing promos. After that, it all kind of fell away like the network. The failure to replace the likes of Buffy and Dawson's Creek was what caused The WB to declne. There's a book out there about it which is really good I hear. Tempted to get it and give it a read.

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,965 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
I envy that generation that got the WB. I'm from the UK and never got the chance to experience thise shows until a little bit later. But man I love watching the old promos. Such creativity and proof that advertising and marketing can entice and bring to life a network's personality and style so well.

1999-2002 had good marketing promos. After that, it all kind of fell away like the network. The failure to replace the likes of Buffy and Dawson's Creek was what caused The WB to declne. There's a book out there about it which is really good I hear. Tempted to get it and give it a read.
I have Disney + and Netflix so I have been catching up on so many famous series I didn’t watch growing up.

Dawson’s Creek is great

Lilac80330

Act up and I'll tell you to go to bed!
Reaction score
Reactions
64,810 1,089 117
Alleybux
The CW had multiple of type of shows before today. when i was a teenager, the cw was the only channel i used to watch. So many shows. From Smallville, 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, SuperNatural, The New Normal. The CW went downhill when the show Arrow started imo.
Because of the success of Smallville, The CW just wanted to keep their foot on the neck of other network by doing all of these shows who are on the Arrowverse and focus on producing supernatural shows but they didn't focus enough on the quality of the writing. The charmed reboot is a great example of how shows in the CW are poorly written

I wish I could give this comment 1,000 thumbs up's. Mainly because of what you said about the new Charmed. I tried to watch it, but by even the middle of the first season, I found myself tuning out by the middle of episodes and didn't remember the plot lines from earlier in the season they had dropped. By the second season, I had stopped watching around the middle of it. Months later I tried to pick up where I left off and swiftly fell off again because it was just not good. I think they truly jumped the shark with putting the Source of All Evil in season one and putting the Source as this black ball thing instead of an actual humanoid being like the OG Charmed did, then having the oldest sister become possessed by it in the season finale. They didn't even know anything about the Source in the OG Charmed until season 3 if I'm not mistaken. The CW tried to one up the OG Charmed by having the Source in the show at least one season too early. Like the sisters in the reboot just found out about their powers and lineage that season and you're already introducing the Source? At least make it known towards the end of season 2 before you do all that. And don't even get me started on the youngest one "falling" for a demon thing :cautious::arrogant

Ashley Banks

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
192,159 2,380 160
Alleybux
Popular was my sh!t!! The Jamie Fox Show, The Steve Harvey Show, and Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher...I miss these shows!!

AnaleighVila

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
527 25 9
Alleybux
I wish I could give this comment 1,000 thumbs up's. Mainly because of what you said about the new Charmed. I tried to watch it, but by even the middle of the first season, I found myself tuning out by the middle of episodes and didn't remember the plot lines from earlier in the season they had dropped. By the second season, I had stopped watching around the middle of it. Months later I tried to pick up where I left off and swiftly fell off again because it was just not good. I think they truly jumped the shark with putting the Source of All Evil in season one and putting the Source as this black ball thing instead of an actual humanoid being like the OG Charmed did, then having the oldest sister become possessed by it in the season finale. They didn't even know anything about the Source in the OG Charmed until season 3 if I'm not mistaken. The CW tried to one up the OG Charmed by having the Source in the show at least one season too early. Like the sisters in the reboot just found out about their powers and lineage that season and you're already introducing the Source? At least make it known towards the end of season 2 before you do all that. And don't even get me started on the youngest one "falling" for a demon thing :cautious::arrogant
Well at least the modern CW could never. The shows are just too cheesy costumey, or don't talk about or dabble in serious enough topics to cause a lasting impression or teach any valuable lessons.

AnaleighVila

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
527 25 9
Alleybux
I have Disney + and Netflix so I have been catching up on so many famous series I didn’t watch growing up.

Dawson’s Creek is great
When I was younger my mom was like "don't watch Dawson's Creek" when I was around 13. Years later she tells me it's a show invented for me because all of the characters are pretentious and use big words and she just didn't want to hear me and the people on the show talk like that all day. She still doesn't want to watch the show with me...

LOVESBUGGINME2

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,570 1,306 4,069
Alleybux
This is all well and good but some of these shows lacked diversity and in retrospect were quite horrible i.e. Gilmore Girls.