The worst songs of the best singers : A Thread

Reactions
26,395 1,034 223
Alleybux
Name some songs you think their stans pretend don't exist.:whistle: Edit : This thread is just getting started and I am dying! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I stay about a bag
Reactions
181,032 3,515 1,980
Alleybux
Anything JHud put out after Dream Girls.

Do It Remix by Chloe x Halle (the added verse from Halle was very nice though)

Loverboy (mostly the remix) by Mariah. Some of the songs from that era didn't do her voice justice.

She Loves Me Back by Luther Vandross

Just Good Friends by Michael Jackson ft Stevie Wonder (great song, but then also not a great song)

Georgia Peach
Reactions
414,361 4,497 4,318
Alleybux
She was just throwing some shit together to get out of that contract

Yes, Mariah even said the “Rainbow” album was rushed because she was trying to get out of her contract with Sony. But I think the “Charmbracelet” album is even worse than “Rainbow.” The only songs I like from that album are “Clown” and her cover of Def Leppard’s “Breaking on the Heartbreak.”

Georgia Peach
Reactions
414,361 4,497 4,318
Alleybux
Anything JHud put out after Dream Girls.

Do It Remix by Chloe x Halle (the added verse from Halle was very nice though)

Loverboy (mostly the remix) by Mariah. Some of the songs from that era didn't do her voice justice.

She Loves Me Back by Luther Vandross

Just Good Friends by Michael Jackson ft Stevie Wonder (great song, but then also not a great song)

I don’t hate “Just Good Friends.” It’s just so mediocre, and it shouldn’t have been given that Michael and Stevie are two of the greatest artists of all time.

Brandy - B7 (7.31.20)
Reactions
40,287 1,199 679
Alleybux
Yes, Mariah even said the “Rainbow” album was rushed because she was trying to get out of her contract with Sony. But I think the “Charmbracelet” album is even worse than “Rainbow.” The only songs I like from that album are “Clown” and her cover of Def Leppard’s “Breaking on the Heartbreak.”

Yea Charmbracelet is definitely below Mariah's standards. And the whisper vocals were the worst. The live version of Bringing On The Heartbreak was everything!

Georgia Peach
Reactions
414,361 4,497 4,318
Alleybux
Yea Charmbracelet is definitely below Mariah's standards. And the whisper vocals were the worst. The live version of Bringing On The Heartbreak was everything!

Yeah, I hated that Mariah was whispering so much then. Another thing that plagued her late ‘90s and early ‘00s albums is she was doing too many features.

Reactions
9,791 41 20
Alleybux
Beyonce-Bow Down

Mariah-
I agree. The only song on Charmbracelet that gets replay value for me is "I Only Wanted". Rainbow had some clunkers too (X-Girlfriend, Did I Do That, and the absolutely awful, worst, most forgettable #1 of hers Thank God I Found You (original version, not the remix). I hated the interludes as well.

Black and Proud
Reactions
8,159 4 3
Alleybux
Especially childhood. Add that diss sing to the DA. The second half of HIStory and BOTDF. Throw it in the trash

it took me a while, but I finally realized there was but 2 good songs on History 2.. earth song, and they don't care about us. I found a cd single that has both, and ditched the album.

put me down for "Kokomo", as an embarrassingly bad Beach Boys song. add Bob Seger's "shakedown".. both of those, and "you are not alone" all hit #1.. 3 truly bad songs by otherwise great artists.

Georgia Peach
Reactions
414,361 4,497 4,318
Alleybux
it took me a while, but I finally realized there was but 2 good songs on History 2.. earth song, and they don't care about us. I found a cd single that has both, and ditched the album.

put me down for "Kokomo", as an embarrassingly bad Beach Boys song. add Bob Seger's "shakedown".. both of those, and "you are not alone" all hit #1.. 3 truly bad songs by otherwise great artists.

"Stranger in Moscow" is my favorite track from the "HIStory" album. I wish it had gotten pushed more in America. That song should have been Michael's final and 13th No. 1 hit in America--not "You Are Not Alone" IMO.

I love "Kokomo." LoL. It's such a fun song to sing, and I like that the Beach Boys revisited their classic surf sound of the '60s with it.

I don't hate "Shakedown." It just sounds dated.

Reactions
228,726 4,294 3,893
Alleybux

Scream
TDCAU
Stranger in Moscow
Earth Song
Are all very fine songs but it does down from there.
Money isn’t too bad either.

The Culture

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

23-yr old white boy from deep-deep red Oklahoma suburb triggers Trump supporters over white...
they need to add white women too. LOL. These past couple of years have definitely shown us that, right?
Over 35 Single Fonts - Anyone Else Hate Mothers Day
You're welcome and I am glad that you see that this is coming from a place of love. Definitely. Reminds me of something my therapist said. It’s...
Selling Sunset On Netflix
It’s amazing how many BW on here stan Christine. She brings the entertainment to the show and serves looks each and every time. I don’t stan her...
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
Something has been bothering me about the fact that Will and Catherine were guarding the children at the wedding. Why was that necessary? If MM...
The Circle Terilisha/Savannah/Courtney
So I'm only on episode 7 and I've been following the main thread. I'm trying to understand if we were all watching the same show? I think that...
Aaron Rodgers So Disgruntled With The Packers, He Might Not Return to Team!
If he is gay, I doubt he’s out to the team. No one in football knew about Aaron Hernandez, and he had a whole boyfriend who played football with...
Gabrielle Union is aiming for an Emmy !!
lawd this show is not funny. It needs a new showrunner...
Carmen Caboom
Now, Apostle Caboom should not have bitten the hands that were keeping her full with buckets and buckets of chicken wings...Especially the way she...
BLACK WOMEN ARE LOSING INTEREST IN BLACK MEN...
Lmao you think black men do? Take a good look around you, see who many black men who are paired up with. Don’t get your heads gassed up by what...
Top Bottom