The worst songs of the best singers : A Thread

The Fresh Princess of Bel-Air
Reactions
12,405 81 23
Alleybux
Childhood & you are not alone by Michael Jackson. He could’ve kept them.

I like YANA more than Childhood, but I thought Childhood was a beautifully produced David Foster song.

The music videos on the other hand...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Brandy - B7 (7.31.20)
Reactions
40,158 1,199 679
Alleybux
"Stranger in Moscow" is my favorite track from the "HIStory" album. I wish it had gotten pushed more in America. That song should have been Michael's final and 13th No. 1 hit in America--not "You Are Not Alone" IMO.

I love "Kokomo." LoL. It's such a fun song to sing, and I like that the Beach Boys revisited their classic surf sound of the '60s with it.

I don't hate "Shakedown." It just sounds dated.

Stranger In Moscow is one of the best songs MJ ever recorded. Def in my top 10 MJ songs.

Reactions
10,172 75 17
Alleybux
Whitney: My Name Is Not Susan
Mariah: Boy (I Need You)
absolutely not!!!!! my name is not susan is one of my favorites off i'm your baby tonight

unless we're talking about whitney's music videos...... :sidefrown:sidefrown:sidefrown really not sure what went through her mind when she recorded the video for that one

Reactions
10,172 75 17
Alleybux

atrocious. i absolutely hate most of riri's songs featuring eminem. i hate how she's the one carrying HIS songs when she is featured but his presence on HER songs ALWAYS bring it down.
i love everything else about numb.... except that voice manipulation they did on him TALKING ON HER SONG, ugh.

Reactions
1,174 122 27
Alleybux
Beyonce
- That's How You Like It
- Hip Hop Star (although I appreciate these days)
- 7/11

Stevie Wonder
- I Just Called

Mariah Carey
- Sprung
- Be Your Girl

Chris Brown
- Forever

Toni Braxton
- I Don't Want To
- Spanish Guitar

Michael Jackson
- Childhood
- Just Good Friends
- Speechless
- 3000 watts

Whitney Houston
- Get It Back
- Who Do You Love

Reactions
3,891 73 120
Alleybux
Beyonce
- That's How You Like It
- Hip Hop Star (although I appreciate these days)
- 7/11

Stevie Wonder
- I Just Called

Mariah Carey
- Sprung
- Be Your Girl

Chris Brown
- Forever

Toni Braxton
- I Don't Want To
- Spanish Guitar

Michael Jackson
- Childhood
- Just Good Friends
- Speechless
- 3000 watts

Whitney Houston
- Get It Back
- Who Do You Love
When I heard that song back in the 80s... I knew the magic was gone from Stevie Wonder. It was over.

He went from Sir Duke to that garbage song.

The Culture

Recent Posts

Rupaul's Drag Race general off-season discussion thread
Good for James!! This is good advice and I'm so happy he moved on since the show. His hate was unwarranted and to think that was early in the...
Chris Cornell Blind Item - Might Explain His Death XII
not hard to imagine how she's gonna edit and put together whatever she gets her grifting little hands on. SG won't feature, despite being the most...
March & Buck : HBCU Band Thread
Somebody is confused. I saw the comment say Melody was highly spoken of in the book. But other people messaged her and said they were...
John Branca: "We've got some surprises coming"
But most of that content is crap even most Prince songs released while alive is crap I found the lack of quality control around Prince pathetic...
My 600 lb Life Season 9 Official Watch Thread
Hope everyone is having a good week, let’s do this! Question, in the show open who’s the one that falls out the taxi dramatically again?
Lori Harvey finally doing make up Routine on Vogue y'all
I really want to get this done. Can you pm me about your experience? Sorry girl. I don't know how to.
Movies that were better than the book?
The Fantastic Mr. Fox. And yes, I do love that movie, without any cussing shame. :happy The book by Roald Dahl is meh. Same goes for The Jungle...
  • Poll
“My wife inherited $800K. She put $300K toward our mortgage and $500K in her own bank account”
He is ungrateful and cannot be trusted. Hope she divorces him and gets half the value of the house too which she is entitled to. If I was her I...
Saw Jodie Turner Smith Cheating On Joshua Jackson
Joshua was spotted with other woman while he was with Jodie Since Jodie was spotted with someone else a few months before, it was probably just a...
Top Bottom